Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Reuben Foster Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Agreed. If it was any normal person without the big name or cool job, we would have already been locked up and the key thrown away. He is a football player. Guess what there is NOTHING special about him or any other athlete. It irritates the crap out of me that these guys are not held to the same standard as other Americans. To all the people that say, lets see what happens in the case first and see how that comes out. Your part of the issue. Really how much time would you be allowed to leave work for the same case he has without being replaced? How many jobs out there hand out 1 year or more suspensions then get to come back? Bottom line cut him and let him work his issues out. If he has been cleared of the charges of Domestic Violence, Illegal Weapons, and Drug Possession then fine he will be picked up and "get a job". Last time I checked that's how the world works for ordinary people why not superstar athletes?



    To be clear, absolutely NONE OF THIS is a defense of Foster or the 9ers (not at all, I'm the one who bumped the thread saying they should cut him), but your argument on this and special treatment is straight up nonsense.

    1) The legal system moves slowly for everybody. Was it someone here who said the 6th amendment is far and away the most violated constitutional amendment in the U.S.? If so, that's absolutely true.

    2) That "regular people" are regularly losing their jobs due to DV charges is just nonsense. You seriously think employers are checking their employees against arrest records every month? Unless you're serving jail time or are a public employee chances are your employer isn't ever even gonna know you're knocking your girlfriend or wife around in your off hours, and aren't ever gonna know because unlike NFL players it's never gonna get reported on in the newspaper.

    3) NFL players have a lower rate of domestic violence than the general population, which is about 10%. I mean dude, the domestic violence rate for police officers is 25% on the low end and above 40% on the high end. As public employees the two crimes that police officers are least likely to lose their jobs over are driving drunk and beating their intimate partners. Also how about cutting him for the plain reason of saying the we don't agree nor support his actions?

    If you're concerned about the world working the same way for DV for "ordinary people" and everyone else, you're pissed off about cops, not NFL players.


    #1 Hahaha no it doesn't move at the slow pace for everyone. Nice try. MONEY SLOWS it down bottom line. If you have the same case with a PD because no money, lets see how you do compared to having a high powered lawyer like he has.


    #2 Really? You cant be that ignorant in your thought process that missed time from work due to legal actions doesn't = Losing your job. That's what i'm speaking of.


    #3 I was speaking to the issue at hand. THE ATHLETES. But by all means if you want to make an argument about Police go ahead. I'm not going there as to it will bring up a slew of issues.

    The bottom line he was locked up (released) and accused, he is missing time starting Monday, he and all athletes are roll models for children all over the U.S. That's why cutting or releasing him sets a better tone. That's the line I was getting to. But by all means get to the point where you think the system is the same for all man kind. It differs for all people. Money, class, race, who you know and what you job is.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • I don't mind what Sherm is doing.

    You can hate the act and not the person. Even if he is disgusted by Foster's actions, Sherm likely believes in not turning your back or shunning someone at their lowest point, especially a teammate. Taking steps to help Foster become a better person doesn't mean Sherm lacks empathy or compassion for the accuser. I for one in the future would rather read about a redeemed Reuben Foster citing Sherm as a mentor than read about an alienated Reuben Foster going on to continue to beat women.

    Sherm is a volatile mouthpiece, long hated by most non-Seahawks fans, but I think we can all agree that he is a first class citizen whose heart is generally in the right place.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2247
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


  • 2) That "regular people" are regularly losing their jobs due to DV charges is just nonsense. You seriously think employers are checking their employees against arrest records every month? Unless you're serving jail time or are a public employee chances are your employer isn't ever even gonna know you're knocking your girlfriend or wife around in your off hours, and aren't ever gonna know because unlike NFL players it's never gonna get reported on in the newspaper.



    I know for a fact because we have to sign off on an agreement every year that this or even a traffic violation of significance, losing your license, accident can cost you your job, you are by agreement suppose to report any arrests and traffic violations, if not and they find out are subject at their discretion for termination.

    It's liability and call it image they want to protect.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24758
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    2) That "regular people" are regularly losing their jobs due to DV charges is just nonsense. You seriously think employers are checking their employees against arrest records every month? Unless you're serving jail time or are a public employee chances are your employer isn't ever even gonna know you're knocking your girlfriend or wife around in your off hours, and aren't ever gonna know because unlike NFL players it's never gonna get reported on in the newspaper.



    LOTS of jobs would be in jeopardy with a serious domestic violence charge, especially if after you were prosecuted it was on your record as a felony. Any job with a designation, white or blue collar your employer would know if you had a felony on your record pretty quickly.

    My point, and I think others is the amount of support and resources for a star athlete vs a regular person.........and for me, the attention and support given to the athlete vs the woman who just had her eardrum shattered.

    And I know you guys aren't defending Foster's actions, but here we have a football player that's all over the news, and everyone out of the Niners camp is bending over backwards to support a dude who beat the living crap out of a woman..............how bout as an organization offering to help her as well?

    Nope, cause she doesn't have the potential for 100+ tackles a year.


    Well that's the rub...if the 49ers HAD offered her help, we wouldn't know it. She is a much more private person so we have no way of knowing what has happened in that regard. I would neither assume they have attempted to help her or that they haven't.

    Additionally, an employer is typically going to go to bat for their employee, not their employees girlfriend. That doesn't mean they'll stand in opposition to the girlfriend and take a side, but they will be more invested in the person they employ.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • kobebryant wrote:I don't mind what Sherm is doing.

    You can hate the act and not the person. Even if he is disgusted by Foster's actions, Sherm likely believes in not turning your back or shunning someone at their lowest point, especially a teammate. Taking steps to help Foster become a better person doesn't mean Sherm lacks empathy or compassion for the accuser. I for one in the future would rather read about a redeemed Reuben Foster citing Sherm as a mentor than read about an alienated Reuben Foster going on to continue to beat women.

    Sherm is a volatile mouthpiece, long hated by most non-Seahawks fans, but I think we can all agree that he is a first class citizen whose heart is generally in the right place.


    I couldn't agree more.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:
    2) That "regular people" are regularly losing their jobs due to DV charges is just nonsense. You seriously think employers are checking their employees against arrest records every month? Unless you're serving jail time or are a public employee chances are your employer isn't ever even gonna know you're knocking your girlfriend or wife around in your off hours, and aren't ever gonna know because unlike NFL players it's never gonna get reported on in the newspaper.



    I know for a fact because we have to sign off on an agreement every year that this or even a traffic violation of significance, losing your license, accident can cost you your job, you are by agreement suppose to report any arrests and traffic violations, if not and they find out are subject at their discretion for termination.

    It's liability and call it image they want to protect.


    I think its different from job to job...which is kinda the point.

    When I accepted my job (I work in Tech) it was subject to a background check, but they aren't going to go back retroactively and keep running background checks. If I were to serve time then of course I would have to tell them why I couldn't be at work, but if I were arrested for any number of things but never missed work they would have no idea.

    The point here being that saying "if it were a regular person" is a misnomer because you need to define "regular person". There are tons of jobs that don't require background checks outside of your initial hire.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • ^^^ Yep. Tons of jobs, really meaning the vast, vast majority of jobs in the private sector. Some jobs (PARTICULARLY in the public sector) might demand you self-report a felony plea or conviction, but again, Foster isn’t even there yet, and the only people who self-report are the ones who know they won’t get fired if they do but will get fired if they’re employer finds out and they don’t.

    Y’all keep on talking about how an employer would find out through serving jail time but that has nothing to do with Foster — he doesn’t even have a trial date set let alone having been convicted and sentenced. He’s out on bail like all the other domestic abusers who have been charged and are awaiting trial. The only difference between Foster and all the every day domestic abusers is that the whole world knows he has been arrested and charged. Y’all act like you don’t have co-workers with assorted restraining orders and DV charges that nobody at work knows about, but unless you work for (or run) a small business that’s just statistically impossible.

    Rlkats— having a (non PD) lawyer means you can probably delay the trial (and maybe have a shot in hell at trial if you don’t plead out), but it means less than nothing for how long the DA takes to decide to charge you or not. It’s just not part of the equation. :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4855
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • :roll:
    Popeyejones wrote:^^^ Yep. Tons of jobs, really meaning the vast, vast majority of jobs in the private sector. Some jobs (PARTICULARLY in the public sector) might demand you self-report a felony plea or conviction, but again, Foster isn’t even there yet, and the only people who self-report are the ones who know they won’t get fired if they do but will get fired if they’re employer finds out and they don’t.

    Y’all keep on talking about how an employer would find out through serving jail time but that has nothing to do with Foster — he doesn’t even have a trial date set let alone having been convicted and sentenced. He’s out on bail like all the other domestic abusers who have been charged and are awaiting trial. The only difference between Foster and all the every day domestic abusers is that the whole world knows he has been arrested and charged. Y’all act like you don’t have co-workers with assorted restraining orders and DV charges that nobody at work knows about, but unless you work for (or run) a small business that’s just statistically impossible.

    Rlkats— having a (non PD) lawyer means you can probably delay the trial (and maybe have a shot in hell at trial if you don’t plead out), but it means less than nothing for how long the DA takes to decide to charge you or not. It’s just not part of the equation. :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • rlkats wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Agreed. If it was any normal person without the big name or cool job, we would have already been locked up and the key thrown away. He is a football player. Guess what there is NOTHING special about him or any other athlete. It irritates the crap out of me that these guys are not held to the same standard as other Americans. To all the people that say, lets see what happens in the case first and see how that comes out. Your part of the issue. Really how much time would you be allowed to leave work for the same case he has without being replaced? How many jobs out there hand out 1 year or more suspensions then get to come back? Bottom line cut him and let him work his issues out. If he has been cleared of the charges of Domestic Violence, Illegal Weapons, and Drug Possession then fine he will be picked up and "get a job". Last time I checked that's how the world works for ordinary people why not superstar athletes?



    To be clear, absolutely NONE OF THIS is a defense of Foster or the 9ers (not at all, I'm the one who bumped the thread saying they should cut him), but your argument on this and special treatment is straight up nonsense.

    1) The legal system moves slowly for everybody. Was it someone here who said the 6th amendment is far and away the most violated constitutional amendment in the U.S.? If so, that's absolutely true.

    2) That "regular people" are regularly losing their jobs due to DV charges is just nonsense. You seriously think employers are checking their employees against arrest records every month? Unless you're serving jail time or are a public employee chances are your employer isn't ever even gonna know you're knocking your girlfriend or wife around in your off hours, and aren't ever gonna know because unlike NFL players it's never gonna get reported on in the newspaper.

    3) NFL players have a lower rate of domestic violence than the general population, which is about 10%. I mean dude, the domestic violence rate for police officers is 25% on the low end and above 40% on the high end. As public employees the two crimes that police officers are least likely to lose their jobs over are driving drunk and beating their intimate partners. Also how about cutting him for the plain reason of saying the we don't agree nor support his actions?

    If you're concerned about the world working the same way for DV for "ordinary people" and everyone else, you're pissed off about cops, not NFL players.


    #1 Hahaha no it doesn't move at the slow pace for everyone. Nice try. MONEY SLOWS it down bottom line. If you have the same case with a PD because no money, lets see how you do compared to having a high powered lawyer like he has.


    #2 Really? You cant be that ignorant in your thought process that missed time from work due to legal actions doesn't = Losing your job. That's what i'm speaking of.


    #3 I was speaking to the issue at hand. THE ATHLETES. But by all means if you want to make an argument about Police go ahead. I'm not going there as to it will bring up a slew of issues.

    The bottom line he was locked up (released) and accused, he is missing time starting Monday, he and all athletes are roll models for children all over the U.S. That's why cutting or releasing him sets a better tone. That's the line I was getting to. But by all means get to the point where you think the system is the same for all man kind. It differs for all people. Money, class, race, who you know and what you job is.


    I'd say money isn't the direct cause of slowing down these cases, but an indirect one. Rather, when a DA faces someone wealthy enough to hire an attorney, they know their case must be stronger to maximize their chances of winning.

    Public defenders and DAs usually know each other and have "hush-hush" agreements to expedite the process as much as possible, including more or less standardized plea deals offered to defendants. This is not always the case with private attorneys (and I'd bet it's more often not the case).



    Nor is this the only cause for a slowing down of the process. Sometimes the investigations simply take longer. The DA needs a certain standard of evidence, and while legally they only need probable cause, in practice they try to get much more than that, because charging someone and losing the case is not only a waste of time and resources, it looks bad on their win/loss record. That, obviously, once again brings back the public defender versus private attorney situation. It's harder for the DA to win against a privately hired attorney in many cases, so they have to make a stronger case before the arrest is even made.

    As for Foster's case, either they found the evidence standard they needed to form a particularly strong case, or they have been subjected to political pressure. I suspect it's the former more so than the latter, but in today's political environment, who knows?



    Final note: One other cause of slowing down of the process: the simple fact that big jurisdictions face tens of thousands of such cases each year.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1318
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • So the story I read said that he asked her to leave and threw her and her things out of his house when she refused to leave. Next he was arrested for owning a gun that is still legal by federal law? I’m glad I don’t live in San Francisco where I might get charged with assault for holding the door open for a woman.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4128
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


  • brimsalabim wrote:So the story I read said that he asked her to leave and threw her and her things out of his house when she refused to leave. Next he was arrested for owning a gun that is still legal by federal law? I’m glad I don’t live in San Francisco where I might get charged with assault for holding the door open for a woman.




    If it was that simple we wouldn’t be discussing the morality of the judicial system or lack there of. He allegedly punched her in the head 8-10 times rupturing her ear drum.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • rlkats wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:So the story I read said that he asked her to leave and threw her and her things out of his house when she refused to leave. Next he was arrested for owning a gun that is still legal by federal law? I’m glad I don’t live in San Francisco where I might get charged with assault for holding the door open for a woman.




    If it was that simple we wouldn’t be discussing the morality of the judicial system or lack there of. He allegedly punched her in the head 8-10 times rupturing her ear drum.


    None of which should be discussed here.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13555
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5022
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Yet he remains on the team. Hmmm
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10028
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Yet he remains on the team. Hmmm


    From what I've been reading it sounds like the 49ers were very surprised by the charges and it appears his lawyer was surprised as well as he wasn't made aware until the day the charges were announced.

    The 49ers did their own investigation (and I have no idea what exactly that entails...interview with Reuben? The girlfriend? No idea) and they didn't expect anything close to what the charges were.

    So...is the DA trying to make an example? Did Reuben lie to the team? Is his girlfriend trying to protect the meal ticket? I really have no idea...but that's why the 49ers haven't released him. Their account and the DAs account don't match and they are waiting to see what happens with the legal process.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:So the story I read said that he asked her to leave and threw her and her things out of his house when she refused to leave. Next he was arrested for owning a gun that is still legal by federal law? I’m glad I don’t live in San Francisco where I might get charged with assault for holding the door open for a woman.




    If it was that simple we wouldn’t be discussing the morality of the judicial system or lack there of. He allegedly punched her in the head 8-10 times rupturing her ear drum.


    None of which should be discussed here.



    :2thumbs: Got it.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yet he remains on the team. Hmmm


    From what I've been reading it sounds like the 49ers were very surprised by the charges and it appears his lawyer was surprised as well as he wasn't made aware until the day the charges were announced.

    The 49ers did their own investigation (and I have no idea what exactly that entails...interview with Reuben? The girlfriend? No idea) and they didn't expect anything close to what the charges were.

    So...is the DA trying to make an example? Did Reuben lie to the team? Is his girlfriend trying to protect the meal ticket? I really have no idea...but that's why the 49ers haven't released him. Their account and the DAs account don't match and they are waiting to see what happens with the legal process.

    So they are taking the same approach as they did with Aldon?
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23657
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yet he remains on the team. Hmmm


    From what I've been reading it sounds like the 49ers were very surprised by the charges and it appears his lawyer was surprised as well as he wasn't made aware until the day the charges were announced.

    The 49ers did their own investigation (and I have no idea what exactly that entails...interview with Reuben? The girlfriend? No idea) and they didn't expect anything close to what the charges were.

    So...is the DA trying to make an example? Did Reuben lie to the team? Is his girlfriend trying to protect the meal ticket? I really have no idea...but that's why the 49ers haven't released him. Their account and the DAs account don't match and they are waiting to see what happens with the legal process.

    So they are taking the same approach as they did with Aldon?


    No.

    No defense here of either Aldon or Reuben, but they are really totally different.

    Reubens issue stems from his background and its a DV issue. Aldon is a substance abuse and addiction issue.

    The 49ers tried as hard as they could to support Aldon and get him the help he needed, but it didn't matter. That dude is STILL an addict and his career is long over.

    If you want a more direct comparison though I'd say Ray McDonald is much closer.

    Bottom line though, whether its justified or not, the 49ers seem skeptical of the charges brought against Reuben last week. They are distancing themselves from him while the situation is worked out because...and lets be real for a moment....they don't want to release a player of his ability, have the legal process exonerate him, and then he's playing for another team because they acted without all the facts.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yet he remains on the team. Hmmm


    From what I've been reading it sounds like the 49ers were very surprised by the charges and it appears his lawyer was surprised as well as he wasn't made aware until the day the charges were announced.

    The 49ers did their own investigation (and I have no idea what exactly that entails...interview with Reuben? The girlfriend? No idea) and they didn't expect anything close to what the charges were.

    So...is the DA trying to make an example? Did Reuben lie to the team? Is his girlfriend trying to protect the meal ticket? I really have no idea...but that's why the 49ers haven't released him. Their account and the DAs account don't match and they are waiting to see what happens with the legal process.

    So they are taking the same approach as they did with Aldon?


    No.

    No defense here of either Aldon or Reuben, but they are really totally different.

    Reubens issue stems from his background and its a DV issue. Aldon is a substance abuse and addiction issue.

    The 49ers tried as hard as they could to support Aldon and get him the help he needed, but it didn't matter. That dude is STILL an addict and his career is long over.

    If you want a more direct comparison though I'd say Ray McDonald is much closer.

    Bottom line though, whether its justified or not, the 49ers seem skeptical of the charges brought against Reuben last week. They are distancing themselves from him while the situation is worked out because...and lets be real for a moment....they don't want to release a player of his ability, have the legal process exonerate him, and then he's playing for another team because they acted without all the facts.

    Thanks for an honest answer.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23657
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • The real difference between their handling of Reuben and their handling of Aldon and Ray McDonald is those guys kept practice and playing after being arrested; Aldon was on the field a day or two after ending up in the drunk tank.

    They’re basically holding Reuban’s rights but he won’t be practicing or playing any time soon, if ever again.

    I’d still prefer they had cut him, but part of what they’re doing is based on their experience with Brock last year, I think. They cut him immediately after he was arrested, but charges were dropped and he was never suspended by the NFL so he just skated off and signed with the Seahawks after the case was dismissed.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4855
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • Popeyejones wrote:The real difference between their handling of Reuben and their handling of Aldon and Ray McDonald is those guys kept practice and playing after being arrested; Aldon was on the field a day or two after ending up in the drunk tank.

    They’re basically holding Reuban’s rights but he won’t be practicing or playing any time soon, if ever again.

    I’d still prefer they had cut him, but part of what they’re doing is based on their experience with Brock last year, I think. They cut him immediately after he was arrested, but charges were dropped and he was never suspended by the NFL so he just skated off and signed with the Seahawks after the case was dismissed.

    Solid first point, I forgot about that.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23657
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Popeyejones wrote:The real difference between their handling of Reuben and their handling of Aldon and Ray McDonald is those guys kept practice and playing after being arrested; Aldon was on the field a day or two after ending up in the drunk tank.

    They’re basically holding Reuban’s rights but he won’t be practicing or playing any time soon, if ever again.

    I’d still prefer they had cut him, but part of what they’re doing is based on their experience with Brock last year, I think. They cut him immediately after he was arrested, but charges were dropped and he was never suspended by the NFL so he just skated off and signed with the Seahawks after the case was dismissed.



    I don't have a problem with how they're handling it right now. Obviously the reality here is that if he was a fringe player he'd already have been cut. Obviously a first round pick is a big investment - it's odd that people would have an issue with that when people say every day that "life isn't fair" - this is an example of it, and it's just the reality. It's a really serious issue and so people think the Niners should just cut him - but again, with what they have invested in him I wouldn't cut him yet either.

    It appears to be heading that way though. I don't see how it ends any other way.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 716
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


  • Well, if the Hawks were doing the same thing, the media would be thrashing them right now.
    Fact
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10028
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, if the Hawks were doing the same thing, the media would be thrashing them right now.
    Fact


    ....please.

    The 49ers have just as bad a history with this stuff as the Seahawks (especially recently). The 'hawks aren't getting special treatment. There are plenty of people giving the Niners flack about this...particularly some local writers who are negative about everything.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:The real difference between their handling of Reuben and their handling of Aldon and Ray McDonald is those guys kept practice and playing after being arrested; Aldon was on the field a day or two after ending up in the drunk tank.

    They’re basically holding Reuban’s rights but he won’t be practicing or playing any time soon, if ever again.

    I’d still prefer they had cut him, but part of what they’re doing is based on their experience with Brock last year, I think. They cut him immediately after he was arrested, but charges were dropped and he was never suspended by the NFL so he just skated off and signed with the Seahawks after the case was dismissed.



    I don't have a problem with how they're handling it right now. Obviously the reality here is that if he was a fringe player he'd already have been cut. Obviously a first round pick is a big investment - it's odd that people would have an issue with that when people say every day that "life isn't fair" - this is an example of it, and it's just the reality. It's a really serious issue and so people think the Niners should just cut him - but again, with what they have invested in him I wouldn't cut him yet either.

    It appears to be heading that way though. I don't see how it ends any other way.


    Very true...and in particular fans of opposing teams just see it as something to hold over the other teams fanbase.

    I won't have a problem if he is cut. It'll suck not just because he was a 1st round pick and you lose that resource, but because we've seen him on the field. When he's out there he has the potential to be a game wrecker. In that way it is a lot like Aldon.

    The problem is that his biggest opponent is himself. Sometimes guys beat back their demons and live productive lives and are able to pass those lessons on. Sometimes...and in reality far more often, those demons prevail and all that potential is wasted. I know what I'm hoping for, but it hasn't escaped me that the other is far more likely.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • As long as he remains effectively banned from the team until all the facts come out, I have no problem with this.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1318
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:As long as he remains effectively banned from the team until all the facts come out, I have no problem with this.


    I more or less agree with this, although to be totally honest, I can also project into a possible future in which he gets off on a technicality and is back on the team as if nothing happened, or just misses some game and everything is "back to normal", and I'm going to absolutely despise that.

    As a fan I totally get that neither he nor the 9ers owe me anything, but it would take A LOT for me to not despise that he's still on my favorite team.

    (Just cuz it's funny: when this came out I was just starting a new Madden franchise and rather than playing with him I traded him to the Browns for a future 7th round pick :lol: )
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4855
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • Popeyejones wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:As long as he remains effectively banned from the team until all the facts come out, I have no problem with this.


    I more or less agree with this, although to be totally honest, I can also project into a possible future in which he gets off on a technicality and is back on the team as if nothing happened, or just misses some game and everything is "back to normal", and I'm going to absolutely despise that.

    As a fan I totally get that neither he nor the 9ers owe me anything, but it would take A LOT for me to not despise that he's still on my favorite team.

    (Just cuz it's funny: when this came out I was just starting a new Madden franchise and rather than playing with him I traded him to the Browns for a future 7th round pick :lol: )


    I know what you mean...but I see it a bit differently. To be clear his actions are abhorrent and inexcusable. This isn't mean in any way as a defense for Domestic Violence...but I think too often we live in a gotcha society where your sins (particularly if you are famous) are held against you and you are forced to wear a Scarlett letter for them for the remainder of your life.

    If he's guilty then there are no excuses. What I think we too often miss though is that these are YOUNG guys, often from really rough backgrounds where violence was all they knew who can learn and be productive (and I mean in society, not necessarily on the field). There often seems to be no room for someone to learn from their actions and become a better person because they have to live with a label. Forever.

    As I've said before, if the Niners release him I'll be fine with it because if he's guilty that's EASILY justifiable, but I just hate the labeling, gotcha, judgement-based society the world has become.

    ...and again...to be clear...this is not condoning what he's accused of. I just think there is no room anymore for redemption.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:As long as he remains effectively banned from the team until all the facts come out, I have no problem with this.


    I more or less agree with this, although to be totally honest, I can also project into a possible future in which he gets off on a technicality and is back on the team as if nothing happened, or just misses some game and everything is "back to normal", and I'm going to absolutely despise that.

    As a fan I totally get that neither he nor the 9ers owe me anything, but it would take A LOT for me to not despise that he's still on my favorite team.

    (Just cuz it's funny: when this came out I was just starting a new Madden franchise and rather than playing with him I traded him to the Browns for a future 7th round pick :lol: )


    I know what you mean...but I see it a bit differently. To be clear his actions are abhorrent and inexcusable. This isn't mean in any way as a defense for Domestic Violence...but I think too often we live in a gotcha society where your sins (particularly if you are famous) are held against you and you are forced to wear a Scarlett letter for them for the remainder of your life.

    If he's guilty then there are no excuses. What I think we too often miss though is that these are YOUNG guys, often from really rough backgrounds where violence was all they knew who can learn and be productive (and I mean in society, not necessarily on the field). There often seems to be no room for someone to learn from their actions and become a better person because they have to live with a label. Forever.

    As I've said before, if the Niners release him I'll be fine with it because if he's guilty that's EASILY justifiable, but I just hate the labeling, gotcha, judgement-based society the world has become.

    ...and again...to be clear...this is not condoning what he's accused of. I just think there is no room anymore for redemption.

    There is also the possibility that he is guilty, but not of what he was charged with (that is, the charges are exaggerated). DAs do that all the time to make plea deal negotiation easier.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1318
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • In local news interviews, the DA suggested the victim might not cooperate, and that he would be pressing charges regardless.

    The woman had a ruptured eardrum. He had a definitely illegal firearm on prem. Foster's BAC was near 0.40. Still and all, it could be an easy year before the trial even starts. Is it the 49ers plan to bench him until the cpnclusion?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 361
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 am


  • Foster’s arrest would be his second within a month. On Jan. 18, he was arrested and charged with second-degree possession of marijuana.


    In California, you can recreationally possess an ounce or have six plants. You also can't smoke pot in the NFL....did this not trigger a UI?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 361
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 am


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Foster’s arrest would be his second within a month. On Jan. 18, he was arrested and charged with second-degree possession of marijuana.


    In California, you can recreationally possess an ounce or have six plants. You also can't smoke pot in the NFL....did this not trigger a UI?


    The Marijuana arrest happened in Alabama.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:In local news interviews, the DA suggested the victim might not cooperate, and that he would be pressing charges regardless.

    The woman had a ruptured eardrum. He had a definitely illegal firearm on prem. Foster's BAC was near 0.40. Still and all, it could be an easy year before the trial even starts. Is it the 49ers plan to bench him until the cpnclusion?


    I hadn't read anything about the BAC. That's news to me.

    I have no idea what their plan is. Perhaps allow the legal process to complete and put him on some sort of a list for the year.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:As long as he remains effectively banned from the team until all the facts come out, I have no problem with this.


    I more or less agree with this, although to be totally honest, I can also project into a possible future in which he gets off on a technicality and is back on the team as if nothing happened, or just misses some game and everything is "back to normal", and I'm going to absolutely despise that.

    As a fan I totally get that neither he nor the 9ers owe me anything, but it would take A LOT for me to not despise that he's still on my favorite team.

    (Just cuz it's funny: when this came out I was just starting a new Madden franchise and rather than playing with him I traded him to the Browns for a future 7th round pick :lol: )


    I know what you mean...but I see it a bit differently. To be clear his actions are abhorrent and inexcusable. This isn't mean in any way as a defense for Domestic Violence...but I think too often we live in a gotcha society where your sins (particularly if you are famous) are held against you and you are forced to wear a Scarlett letter for them for the remainder of your life.

    If he's guilty then there are no excuses. What I think we too often miss though is that these are YOUNG guys, often from really rough backgrounds where violence was all they knew who can learn and be productive (and I mean in society, not necessarily on the field). There often seems to be no room for someone to learn from their actions and become a better person because they have to live with a label. Forever.

    As I've said before, if the Niners release him I'll be fine with it because if he's guilty that's EASILY justifiable, but I just hate the labeling, gotcha, judgement-based society the world has become.

    ...and again...to be clear...this is not condoning what he's accused of. I just think there is no room anymore for redemption.


    This is relatively recent because there have been many players that have received 2nd and even 3rd chances for domestic violence. Also the collective memory is faulty given the impermanence of forever. 5-10 years, sure, maybe they're radioactive, but then fans move on - maybe not forgive but just forget that yes, Erik Walden assaulted his GF and pleaded down. But there have been 2nd chances and just now, after all these years and the Ray Rice incident, it's changing against that.

    Do people deserve 2nd chances? Sure. Qualified with actual holistic changes to their lives.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3065
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • mrt144 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:As long as he remains effectively banned from the team until all the facts come out, I have no problem with this.


    I more or less agree with this, although to be totally honest, I can also project into a possible future in which he gets off on a technicality and is back on the team as if nothing happened, or just misses some game and everything is "back to normal", and I'm going to absolutely despise that.

    As a fan I totally get that neither he nor the 9ers owe me anything, but it would take A LOT for me to not despise that he's still on my favorite team.

    (Just cuz it's funny: when this came out I was just starting a new Madden franchise and rather than playing with him I traded him to the Browns for a future 7th round pick :lol: )


    I know what you mean...but I see it a bit differently. To be clear his actions are abhorrent and inexcusable. This isn't mean in any way as a defense for Domestic Violence...but I think too often we live in a gotcha society where your sins (particularly if you are famous) are held against you and you are forced to wear a Scarlett letter for them for the remainder of your life.

    If he's guilty then there are no excuses. What I think we too often miss though is that these are YOUNG guys, often from really rough backgrounds where violence was all they knew who can learn and be productive (and I mean in society, not necessarily on the field). There often seems to be no room for someone to learn from their actions and become a better person because they have to live with a label. Forever.

    As I've said before, if the Niners release him I'll be fine with it because if he's guilty that's EASILY justifiable, but I just hate the labeling, gotcha, judgement-based society the world has become.

    ...and again...to be clear...this is not condoning what he's accused of. I just think there is no room anymore for redemption.


    This is relatively recent because there have been many players that have received 2nd and even 3rd chances for domestic violence. Also the collective memory is faulty given the impermanence of forever. 5-10 years, sure, maybe they're radioactive, but then fans move on - maybe not forgive but just forget that yes, Erik Walden assaulted his GF and pleaded down. But there have been 2nd chances and just now, after all these years and the Ray Rice incident, it's changing against that.

    Do people deserve 2nd chances? Sure. Qualified with actual holistic changes to their lives.


    It is a recent thing but to be clear was wasn't talking about athletics alone.

    If you are famous and somebody simply accuses you of something they can end you. People rush to judgement because its almost as if they WANT it to be true for the sake of juicy gossip.

    Now I'm not saying Reuben didn't do anything because it looks really bad...I'm just saying I don't have a problem with people being patient and not rushing to judgement and then looking at the facts of a case and not ending a young mans career with little information.

    I do NOT approve of what he may have done, but 30 seconds of supreme idiocy shouldn't be the end. There is no room for redemption.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • The former girlfriend of 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster on Monday said she can prove Foster did not cause her injuries from an alleged February incident in Los Gatos.

    Elissa Ennis, the former girlfriend, released a statement through her attorney, Stephanie Rickard, in which she said she can prove Foster was not responsible for her injuries.

    “(Foster) did not strike her, injure her or threaten her,” Rickard said in the statement.

    Ennis’ injuries were the result of a physical fight with another woman, and that Foster tried to end his relationship with Ennis after he learned of the fight, Rickard said.

    There is a video of that fight with another woman, according to Rickard.

    “She was extremely upset and told him if he broke up with her she would ‘trash his career,’ ” Rickard said.

    Hope this is true
    SF49r
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 510
    Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:30 pm


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:In local news interviews, the DA suggested the victim might not cooperate, and that he would be pressing charges regardless.

    The woman had a ruptured eardrum. He had a definitely illegal firearm on prem. Foster's BAC was near 0.40. Still and all, it could be an easy year before the trial even starts. Is it the 49ers plan to bench him until the cpnclusion?


    .40? That is backwoods rural Tennessee moonshine drunk.

    Wow
    User avatar
    acer1240
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1005
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Laclede, Idaho


  • Video showing how she got the injuries? Open and shut case... If true, I hope she gets some jail time now. False accusations should absolutely be punished.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 268
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


  • wow.

    If she is telling the truth, and shes risking legal jeopardy herself by admitting to lying, Then this totally explains the 49ers position, explains why Sherman and Tartt were so supportive, explains why the 49ers were so surprised by the charges, and explains the DAs initial statement about prosecuting without the victim.

    It sounds like, again if true, the DA is grandstanding and making an example out of a famous athlete.

    If the DV all goes away tho, they still have him on a weapons possession charge...but I dunno if that even gets him suspended.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • If the video exists, Foster walks. SHE may not get in much trouble, because lying to police is not purgery. I don’t know California law on it, but I’m sure someone will look it up.


    IF on the other hand, the video exists and is proved to be a forgery (or after the fact event), she committed a felony and both will be in prison.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1318
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • I think it's more likely she's lying about lying. I hope they both get sent down.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2716
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


  • acer1240 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:In local news interviews, the DA suggested the victim might not cooperate, and that he would be pressing charges regardless.

    The woman had a ruptured eardrum. He had a definitely illegal firearm on prem. Foster's BAC was near 0.40. Still and all, it could be an easy year before the trial even starts. Is it the 49ers plan to bench him until the cpnclusion?


    .40? That is backwoods rural Tennessee moonshine drunk.

    Wow


    Most normal ppl are dead at that BAC. Even if he gets off it's clear he is likely a raging alcoholic.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5999
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:If the video exists, Foster walks. SHE may not get in much trouble, because lying to police is not purgery. I don’t know California law on it, but I’m sure someone will look it up.


    IF on the other hand, the video exists and is proved to be a forgery (or after the fact event), she committed a felony and both will be in prison.


    I am no expert in California law by any means, but I believe that filing a false police report is an offense pretty much everywhere. Perjury is what it's called when you lie under oath and is completely different.

    This is a huge problem in domestic violence cases. There are women who will lie. Sometimes they lie about the violence occurring in the first place, but more often, they lie after the fact to cover it up. Whether it's for love or financial gain, it happens way too often and does a disservice to the women out there who are really in a bad situation. I don't know whether she lied before or after, but either way, the entire situation is a huge mess, and I hope that the authorities are able to get to the bottom of it either way.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19491
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • So, I don't know that what she's saying is true or if its not true so I'm not going to pretend I do, but I tend to believe her for a few reasons...

    1) She is incriminating herself.
    2) She hired an attorney. The statement was released by her attorney.
    3) She has been trying to recant for some time, the DA filed charges anyway, and THEN she hired her attorney.
    4) She is Reubens EX-girlfriend so they are already separated.
    5) This is clearly the story the 49ers and his teammates have been getting from the start and that's why the team has not taken any action and the players have stood by him.
    6) The DAs initial statement effectively saying they were making an example out of this case that the DA will prosecute high profile offenders
    7) She says there is video that proves that it was somebody else who caused her injuries.

    Having said all of that, it is of course entirely possible he did it and she's doing this for a payoff...but to me it just doesn't feel like that's what is going on. I think she's been trying to recant for a long time, the DA knows this is common for domestic violence victims and had to prosecute anyway AND make a spectacle of it to prove they are apply justice equally to celebrities.

    I don't know for sure one way or the other, but I tend to believe her on this one as it really puts her in legal jeopardy. Victims commonly recant, but they seldom hire an attorney and then release a public statement incriminating themselves.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:So, I don't know that what she's saying is true or if its not true so I'm not going to pretend I do, but I tend to believe her for a few reasons...

    1) She is incriminating herself.
    2) She hired an attorney. The statement was released by her attorney.
    3) She has been trying to recant for some time, the DA filed charges anyway, and THEN she hired her attorney.
    4) She is Reubens EX-girlfriend so they are already separated.
    5) This is clearly the story the 49ers and his teammates have been getting from the start and that's why the team has not taken any action and the players have stood by him.
    6) The DAs initial statement effectively saying they were making an example out of this case that the DA will prosecute high profile offenders
    7) She says there is video that proves that it was somebody else who caused her injuries.

    Having said all of that, it is of course entirely possible he did it and she's doing this for a payoff...but to me it just doesn't feel like that's what is going on. I think she's been trying to recant for a long time, the DA knows this is common for domestic violence victims and had to prosecute anyway AND make a spectacle of it to prove they are apply justice equally to celebrities.

    I don't know for sure one way or the other, but I tend to believe her on this one as it really puts her in legal jeopardy. Victims commonly recant, but they seldom hire an attorney and then release a public statement incriminating themselves.


    All or any of this is absolutely possible. I just don't think the legal jeopardy is that big of a deal in this instance. If she's getting a payoff, it's going to be for enough to make the minor blip that filing a false report would cause her, worth the trouble. I can see this going either way, but the video is now the crucial piece of evidence. If she had this all along, she could have shown it when she recanted. Either way, if the video is real it will surface eventually and if it's not, that would really hurt Foster's case.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19491
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • UK_Seahawk wrote:I think it's more likely she's lying about lying. I hope they both get sent down.


    Ya because woman never lie for revenge right?
    Biscanebay12
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 69
    Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:56 am


  • kidhawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So, I don't know that what she's saying is true or if its not true so I'm not going to pretend I do, but I tend to believe her for a few reasons...

    1) She is incriminating herself.
    2) She hired an attorney. The statement was released by her attorney.
    3) She has been trying to recant for some time, the DA filed charges anyway, and THEN she hired her attorney.
    4) She is Reubens EX-girlfriend so they are already separated.
    5) This is clearly the story the 49ers and his teammates have been getting from the start and that's why the team has not taken any action and the players have stood by him.
    6) The DAs initial statement effectively saying they were making an example out of this case that the DA will prosecute high profile offenders
    7) She says there is video that proves that it was somebody else who caused her injuries.

    Having said all of that, it is of course entirely possible he did it and she's doing this for a payoff...but to me it just doesn't feel like that's what is going on. I think she's been trying to recant for a long time, the DA knows this is common for domestic violence victims and had to prosecute anyway AND make a spectacle of it to prove they are apply justice equally to celebrities.

    I don't know for sure one way or the other, but I tend to believe her on this one as it really puts her in legal jeopardy. Victims commonly recant, but they seldom hire an attorney and then release a public statement incriminating themselves.


    All or any of this is absolutely possible. I just don't think the legal jeopardy is that big of a deal in this instance. If she's getting a payoff, it's going to be for enough to make the minor blip that filing a false report would cause her, worth the trouble. I can see this going either way, but the video is now the crucial piece of evidence. If she had this all along, she could have shown it when she recanted. Either way, if the video is real it will surface eventually and if it's not, that would really hurt Foster's case.


    All true...and there are more possibilities.

    Like, say...he didn't do it AND it was a payoff...IE he didn't do it and she held it over him for that payoff.

    I honestly don't know that the video will be all that moving one way or the other.

    It could show her getting injured in a fight but that doesn't necessarily preclude her from having been hit AGAIN by Reuben.

    That's why regardless of how this turns out, its been damaging. Even if he is 100% innocent and the video exonerates him there will ALWAYS be people who hold it against him because it suits their purpose. "He paid her". "He's bad news anyway...may not be guilty of this but what didn't he get caught for".

    Its what I was talking about before...this is why I hate the gotcha, judgement passing society we've become. The INSTANT he was accused, he was guilty in court of public opinion. Same thing happened to Kap a few years ago with the woman in the hotel room.

    There are local writers out here who have been railing against the 49ers for keeping him on their roster when it is now 100% clear that guilty or not, they were doing so because they had significant reason to believe he was being falsely accused. IE, the 49ers have been getting blasted when they were doing the right thing all along.

    Now it may turn out he's guilty and if he is he's done, but they took the correct course with information they had that none of us or anyone in the media had.

    Some of those talking heads have already declined to apologize because "she may have been paid", but regardless of if that is true or not, the 49ers did what they did because of information they had. It just shows the danger of passing judgement and jumping to conclusions.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:All true...and there are more possibilities.

    Like, say...he didn't do it AND it was a payoff...IE he didn't do it and she held it over him for that payoff.

    I honestly don't know that the video will be all that moving one way or the other.

    It could show her getting injured in a fight but that doesn't necessarily preclude her from having been hit AGAIN by Reuben.

    That's why regardless of how this turns out, its been damaging. Even if he is 100% innocent and the video exonerates him there will ALWAYS be people who hold it against him because it suits their purpose. "He paid her". "He's bad news anyway...may not be guilty of this but what didn't he get caught for".

    Its what I was talking about before...this is why I hate the gotcha, judgement passing society we've become. The INSTANT he was accused, he was guilty in court of public opinion. Same thing happened to Kap a few years ago with the woman in the hotel room.

    There are local writers out here who have been railing against the 49ers for keeping him on their roster when it is now 100% clear that guilty or not, they were doing so because they had significant reason to believe he was being falsely accused. IE, the 49ers have been getting blasted when they were doing the right thing all along.

    Now it may turn out he's guilty and if he is he's done, but they took the correct course with information they had that none of us or anyone in the media had.

    Some of those talking heads have already declined to apologize because "she may have been paid", but regardless of if that is true or not, the 49ers did what they did because of information they had. It just shows the danger of passing judgement and jumping to conclusions.


    There are always people who pick a side and stick with it no matter what evidence is out there. Those people aren't really worth being concerned about. As for the Niners keeping him on the roster. Even though I can't stand them (as they have recently been one of our biggest rivals) I don't blame them one bit. If they were to let him practice with the team or play a game, then I might feel different, but this fell at a good time for them, as they can hold onto his rights and let this play out without needing to have him take part in any team activities. Once more facts are out there, they can make an informed decision. Realistically, they have until the end of July to gather facts in this case.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19491
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • kidhawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:All true...and there are more possibilities.

    Like, say...he didn't do it AND it was a payoff...IE he didn't do it and she held it over him for that payoff.

    I honestly don't know that the video will be all that moving one way or the other.

    It could show her getting injured in a fight but that doesn't necessarily preclude her from having been hit AGAIN by Reuben.

    That's why regardless of how this turns out, its been damaging. Even if he is 100% innocent and the video exonerates him there will ALWAYS be people who hold it against him because it suits their purpose. "He paid her". "He's bad news anyway...may not be guilty of this but what didn't he get caught for".

    Its what I was talking about before...this is why I hate the gotcha, judgement passing society we've become. The INSTANT he was accused, he was guilty in court of public opinion. Same thing happened to Kap a few years ago with the woman in the hotel room.

    There are local writers out here who have been railing against the 49ers for keeping him on their roster when it is now 100% clear that guilty or not, they were doing so because they had significant reason to believe he was being falsely accused. IE, the 49ers have been getting blasted when they were doing the right thing all along.

    Now it may turn out he's guilty and if he is he's done, but they took the correct course with information they had that none of us or anyone in the media had.

    Some of those talking heads have already declined to apologize because "she may have been paid", but regardless of if that is true or not, the 49ers did what they did because of information they had. It just shows the danger of passing judgement and jumping to conclusions.


    There are always people who pick a side and stick with it no matter what evidence is out there. Those people aren't really worth being concerned about. As for the Niners keeping him on the roster. Even though I can't stand them (as they have recently been one of our biggest rivals) I don't blame them one bit. If they were to let him practice with the team or play a game, then I might feel different, but this fell at a good time for them, as they can hold onto his rights and let this play out without needing to have him take part in any team activities. Once more facts are out there, they can make an informed decision. Realistically, they have until the end of July to gather facts in this case.


    Exactly.

    Everyone wants to make everything Black and White. "The 49ers released Brock so they should release Foster".

    Different situation. Different player. Different Human Being.

    Life is all different shades of gray. No one rule can be tailored to all situations.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • SF49r wrote:The former girlfriend of 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster on Monday said she can prove Foster did not cause her injuries from an alleged February incident in Los Gatos.

    Elissa Ennis, the former girlfriend, released a statement through her attorney, Stephanie Rickard, in which she said she can prove Foster was not responsible for her injuries.

    “(Foster) did not strike her, injure her or threaten her,” Rickard said in the statement.

    Ennis’ injuries were the result of a physical fight with another woman, and that Foster tried to end his relationship with Ennis after he learned of the fight, Rickard said.

    There is a video of that fight with another woman, according to Rickard.

    “She was extremely upset and told him if he broke up with her she would ‘trash his career,’ ” Rickard said.

    Hope this is true

    If, If she was originally lying, she needs to go to jail for a lengthy period of time.
    False accusation’s of DV need to be dealt with harshly! False accusations hurt not only the falsely accused but the real victims of DV.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23657
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online