Reuben Foster Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think it's more likely she's lying about lying. I hope they both get sent down.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
acer1240":1jnoiotz said:
SantaClaraHawk":1jnoiotz said:
In local news interviews, the DA suggested the victim might not cooperate, and that he would be pressing charges regardless.

The woman had a ruptured eardrum. He had a definitely illegal firearm on prem. Foster's BAC was near 0.40. Still and all, it could be an easy year before the trial even starts. Is it the 49ers plan to bench him until the cpnclusion?

.40? That is backwoods rural Tennessee moonshine drunk.

Wow

Most normal ppl are dead at that BAC. Even if he gets off it's clear he is likely a raging alcoholic.

kidhawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":sphuwsr7 said:
If the video exists, Foster walks. SHE may not get in much trouble, because lying to police is not purgery. I don’t know California law on it, but I’m sure someone will look it up.

IF on the other hand, the video exists and is proved to be a forgery (or after the fact event), she committed a felony and both will be in prison.

I am no expert in California law by any means, but I believe that filing a false police report is an offense pretty much everywhere. Perjury is what it's called when you lie under oath and is completely different.

This is a huge problem in domestic violence cases. There are women who will lie. Sometimes they lie about the violence occurring in the first place, but more often, they lie after the fact to cover it up. Whether it's for love or financial gain, it happens way too often and does a disservice to the women out there who are really in a bad situation. I don't know whether she lied before or after, but either way, the entire situation is a huge mess, and I hope that the authorities are able to get to the bottom of it either way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
So, I don't know that what she's saying is true or if its not true so I'm not going to pretend I do, but I tend to believe her for a few reasons...

1) She is incriminating herself.
2) She hired an attorney. The statement was released by her attorney.
3) She has been trying to recant for some time, the DA filed charges anyway, and THEN she hired her attorney.
4) She is Reubens EX-girlfriend so they are already separated.
5) This is clearly the story the 49ers and his teammates have been getting from the start and that's why the team has not taken any action and the players have stood by him.
6) The DAs initial statement effectively saying they were making an example out of this case that the DA will prosecute high profile offenders
7) She says there is video that proves that it was somebody else who caused her injuries.

Having said all of that, it is of course entirely possible he did it and she's doing this for a payoff...but to me it just doesn't feel like that's what is going on. I think she's been trying to recant for a long time, the DA knows this is common for domestic violence victims and had to prosecute anyway AND make a spectacle of it to prove they are apply justice equally to celebrities.

I don't know for sure one way or the other, but I tend to believe her on this one as it really puts her in legal jeopardy. Victims commonly recant, but they seldom hire an attorney and then release a public statement incriminating themselves.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2z38tmrs said:
So, I don't know that what she's saying is true or if its not true so I'm not going to pretend I do, but I tend to believe her for a few reasons...

3) She has been trying to recant for some time, the DA filed charges anyway, and THEN she hired her attorney.
5) This is clearly the story the 49ers and his teammates have been getting from the start and that's why the team has not taken any action and the players have stood by him.
6) The DAs initial statement effectively saying they were making an example out of this case that the DA will prosecute high profile offenders
7) She says there is video that proves that it was somebody else who caused her injuries.

Having said all of that, it is of course entirely possible he did it and she's doing this for a payoff...but to me it just doesn't feel like that's what is going on. I think she's been trying to recant for a long time, the DA knows this is common for domestic violence victims and had to prosecute anyway AND make a spectacle of it to prove they are apply justice equally to celebrities.

I don't know for sure one way or the other, but I tend to believe her on this one as it really puts her in legal jeopardy. Victims commonly recant, but they seldom hire an attorney and then release a public statement incriminating themselves.

All or any of this is absolutely possible. I just don't think the legal jeopardy is that big of a deal in this instance. If she's getting a payoff, it's going to be for enough to make the minor blip that filing a false report would cause her, worth the trouble. I can see this going either way, but the video is now the crucial piece of evidence. If she had this all along, she could have shown it when she recanted. Either way, if the video is real it will surface eventually and if it's not, that would really hurt Foster's case.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":uojiadlg said:
I think it's more likely she's lying about lying. I hope they both get sent down.

Ya because woman never lie for revenge right?

Marvin49

Reaction score
kidhawk":3fzzkxyz said:
Marvin49":3fzzkxyz said:

All or any of this is absolutely possible. I just don't think the legal jeopardy is that big of a deal in this instance. If she's getting a payoff, it's going to be for enough to make the minor blip that filing a false report would cause her, worth the trouble. I can see this going either way, but the video is now the crucial piece of evidence. If she had this all along, she could have shown it when she recanted. Either way, if the video is real it will surface eventually and if it's not, that would really hurt Foster's case.

All true...and there are more possibilities.

Like, say...he didn't do it AND it was a payoff...IE he didn't do it and she held it over him for that payoff.

I honestly don't know that the video will be all that moving one way or the other.

It could show her getting injured in a fight but that doesn't necessarily preclude her from having been hit AGAIN by Reuben.

That's why regardless of how this turns out, its been damaging. Even if he is 100% innocent and the video exonerates him there will ALWAYS be people who hold it against him because it suits their purpose. "He paid her". "He's bad news anyway...may not be guilty of this but what didn't he get caught for".

Its what I was talking about before...this is why I hate the gotcha, judgement passing society we've become. The INSTANT he was accused, he was guilty in court of public opinion. Same thing happened to Kap a few years ago with the woman in the hotel room.

There are local writers out here who have been railing against the 49ers for keeping him on their roster when it is now 100% clear that guilty or not, they were doing so because they had significant reason to believe he was being falsely accused. IE, the 49ers have been getting blasted when they were doing the right thing all along.

Now it may turn out he's guilty and if he is he's done, but they took the correct course with information they had that none of us or anyone in the media had.

Some of those talking heads have already declined to apologize because "she may have been paid", but regardless of if that is true or not, the 49ers did what they did because of information they had. It just shows the danger of passing judgement and jumping to conclusions.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":jdvbh2bg said:

Like, say...he didn't do it AND it was a payoff...IE he didn't do it and she held it over him for that payoff.

I honestly don't know that the video will be all that moving one way or the other.

It could show her getting injured in a fight but that doesn't necessarily preclude her from having been hit AGAIN by Reuben.

That's why regardless of how this turns out, its been damaging. Even if he is 100% innocent and the video exonerates him there will ALWAYS be people who hold it against him because it suits their purpose. "He paid her". "He's bad news anyway...may not be guilty of this but what didn't he get caught for".

Its what I was talking about before...this is why I hate the gotcha, judgement passing society we've become. The INSTANT he was accused, he was guilty in court of public opinion. Same thing happened to Kap a few years ago with the woman in the hotel room.

There are local writers out here who have been railing against the 49ers for keeping him on their roster when it is now 100% clear that guilty or not, they were doing so because they had significant reason to believe he was being falsely accused. IE, the 49ers have been getting blasted when they were doing the right thing all along.

Now it may turn out he's guilty and if he is he's done, but they took the correct course with information they had that none of us or anyone in the media had.

Some of those talking heads have already declined to apologize because "she may have been paid", but regardless of if that is true or not, the 49ers did what they did because of information they had. It just shows the danger of passing judgement and jumping to conclusions.

There are always people who pick a side and stick with it no matter what evidence is out there. Those people aren't really worth being concerned about. As for the Niners keeping him on the roster. Even though I can't stand them (as they have recently been one of our biggest rivals) I don't blame them one bit. If they were to let him practice with the team or play a game, then I might feel different, but this fell at a good time for them, as they can hold onto his rights and let this play out without needing to have him take part in any team activities. Once more facts are out there, they can make an informed decision. Realistically, they have until the end of July to gather facts in this case.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kidhawk":3i9rh2e9 said:
Marvin49":3i9rh2e9 said:

There are always people who pick a side and stick with it no matter what evidence is out there. Those people aren't really worth being concerned about. As for the Niners keeping him on the roster. Even though I can't stand them (as they have recently been one of our biggest rivals) I don't blame them one bit. If they were to let him practice with the team or play a game, then I might feel different, but this fell at a good time for them, as they can hold onto his rights and let this play out without needing to have him take part in any team activities. Once more facts are out there, they can make an informed decision. Realistically, they have until the end of July to gather facts in this case.

Exactly.

Everyone wants to make everything Black and White. "The 49ers released Brock so they should release Foster".

Different situation. Different player. Different Human Being.

Life is all different shades of gray. No one rule can be tailored to all situations.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SF49r":otfqdiop said:
The former girlfriend of 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster on Monday said she can prove Foster did not cause her injuries from an alleged February incident in Los Gatos.

Elissa Ennis, the former girlfriend, released a statement through her attorney, Stephanie Rickard, in which she said she can prove Foster was not responsible for her injuries.

“(Foster) did not strike her, injure her or threaten her,” Rickard said in the statement.

Ennis’ injuries were the result of a physical fight with another woman, and that Foster tried to end his relationship with Ennis after he learned of the fight, Rickard said.

There is a video of that fight with another woman, according to Rickard.

“She was extremely upset and told him if he broke up with her she would ‘trash his career,’ ” Rickard said.

Hope this is true
If, If she was originally lying, she needs to go to jail for a lengthy period of time.
False accusation’s of DV need to be dealt with harshly! False accusations hurt not only the falsely accused but the real victims of DV.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Really he is wasting all his potential. Over on off the field issues. And hope he can redeem himself and get help. Before it is too little too late. As really feel bad for his victims.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19kyp5vb said:
SF49r":19kyp5vb said:
The former girlfriend of 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster on Monday said she can prove Foster did not cause her injuries from an alleged February incident in Los Gatos.

Elissa Ennis, the former girlfriend, released a statement through her attorney, Stephanie Rickard, in which she said she can prove Foster was not responsible for her injuries.

“(Foster) did not strike her, injure her or threaten her,” Rickard said in the statement.

Ennis’ injuries were the result of a physical fight with another woman, and that Foster tried to end his relationship with Ennis after he learned of the fight, Rickard said.

There is a video of that fight with another woman, according to Rickard.

“She was extremely upset and told him if he broke up with her she would ‘trash his career,’ ” Rickard said.

Hope this is true
If, If she was originally lying, she needs to go to jail for a lengthy period of time.
False accusation’s of DV need to be dealt with harshly! False accusations hurt not only the falsely accused but the real victims of DV.

I agree...tho it does make me wonder if punishing false accusers make them less likely to eventually come clean and might make the really abused less likely to justifiably report it.

Gray area for me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Passepartout":3a6wfw9g said:
Really he is wasting all his potential. Over on off the field issues. And hope he can redeem himself and get help. Before it is too little too late. As really feel bad for his victims.

....uh...I guess you aren't up on current events. :)

No worries. :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Well, one thing is for sure; he's a very serious alcoholic. 0.35-0.40 is getting your stomach pumped at the hospital before you die for most people. It takes serious and excessive "training" to be able to handle that and still wake up the next morning.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Just for clarification, the “he” you’re talking about is Aldon Smith, not Foster, and yeah, he’s a career alcoholic.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2k96ydwi said:
^^^ Just for clarification, the “he” you’re talking about is Aldon Smith, not Foster, and yeah, he’s a career alcoholic.

No if you read the whole thread there are statements of Fosters BAC being .4.

Marvin49

Reaction score
homerun1970":6sa5bhr5 said:
Popeyejones":6sa5bhr5 said:

...and for the record, this thread is the ONLY place I've ever seen that reported.

I think the original poster of that information was confusing Aldon and Reuben. I've yet to see anything anywhere that states that Reuben was drunk at all on the day in question.

The only report I've seen of that specific BAC was this report below on Aldon.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/201 ... 523745537/

homerun1970

Reaction score
Well let's hope Aldon gets help either way young man is a wreck. If Foster is being falsely accused hope he is cleared and no repercussions. If he is guilty hope they max him out as far as sentencing.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
homerun1970":3gpok6zi said:
Popeyejones":3gpok6zi said:

No. You and others are confusing him with Aldumb Smith.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Passepartout":1vhuedww said:
His “victim” claims through her attorney she has video proof that her injuries were suffered from a fight with another woman. She claims she was afraid of being dumped by Foster (over the fight, in part) and said she would “trash” his career since he was cutting her out. The DA pressed charges before they received the video, but after she made the claim to them. That’s when she hired the attorney.

We’ll see how it goes, but if the video is legitimate, then reasonable doubt has clearly been established.

More info:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/30/ ... legations/