Reuben Foster Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I think it is the right move in this case for the domestic violence charges to be dropped. BUT....... I doubt Reuben Foster will stay out of trouble for long He can have another incident within 1 - 3 months. If not then I would expect within 3 - 6 months. This guys decision making is just awful. Plus the drug problem and no small thing the very sketchy relationships and people he chooses to bring into his life.

I wouldn't get all excited. I doubt this holds up for long. But dropping these charges was probably the right thing to do.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2lp5cla8 said:
Dd64A04V4AEagtn

This makes my stomach turn and my blood boil.

Why make ANY statement? The process did its job. The Judge just crucified you in open court, ripped the case to shreds and said there was "No Evidense" SEVERAL times and that it NEVER should have been tried.

"Evidence Demonstrated Mr Foster seriously hurt his girlfriend"?

The evidense did NOT demonstrate that and in fact did exactly the opposite.

"we move forward on cases when victims falsely recant"?

Falsely? This is the DA doing damage control at the expense of Reuben Fosters reputation. Its sickening.

I get that a DA HAS to try a case even when the victim recants, but neither the DA nor the police even bothered to INVESTIGATE her claims after she recanted.

DA needs to be fired.

Or more likely he did it and got away with it. Be interesting to watch the victims bank account.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":133is0yd said:
Marvin49":133is0yd said:
Dd64A04V4AEagtn

Why make ANY statement? The process did its job. The Judge just crucified you in open court, ripped the case to shreds and said there was "No Evidense" SEVERAL times and that it NEVER should have been tried.

Falsely? This is the DA doing damage control at the expense of Reuben Fosters reputation. Its sickening.

I get that a DA HAS to try a case even when the victim recants, but neither the DA nor the police even bothered to INVESTIGATE her claims after she recanted.

DA needs to be fired.

Or more likely he did it and got away with it. Be interesting to watch the victims bank account.
What part of NO EVIDENCE, from a professional, a judge, did you not understand? There is video evidence of her fighting another woman that is consistent with Foster’s innocence, and she STOLE $8000 the day he went to jail, took pics of his car and threatened to sell them to TMZ, and on and on.

Most importantly, she has gone to jail before for a false accusation of domestic violence.

The most likely scenario is he DUMPED her BEFORE she called 911, as she initially claimed, and fabricated h abuse because she knew her cushy life was over. It was a plan to threaten him into taking her back and letting her have the corvette heblet her drive, but the DA didn’t comply with her recantation, which ruined her plan for EXTORTION.

AND ONCE AGAIN, it comes down to evidence. And the evidence for the above theory FAR outweighs the evidence of thenDAs case, as pointed out by the judge, and who absolutely SHREDDED the DA’s asshole today for pressing charges despite not only a lack of evidence, but evidence AGAINST their case.

You believe he is guilty because you WANT to.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3ibblf6h said:
Marvin49":3ibblf6h said:
Dd64A04V4AEagtn

DA needs to be fired.

As for the ‘victim’s’ bank account, the $8000 she stole was taken away and given back to Foster.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Well I'm happy to hear that Foster is be absolved of the serious stuff. From everything that I've read and Marvin's sterling job of being Foster's personal PR rep in this thread, I think it's probably pretty safe to say that she was lying from the get-go. She deserves no credibility and I'm happy the judge threw the case out. Kid's still a moron for the weed and weapons cases, though.

The DA should not lose their job. I know it's easy to see the DA as some type of bad guy for continuing to pursue this, but pretty much all prosecuting attorneys, etc. will pursue a case until it's thrown out or they don't get enough cooperation/evidence to build even a coherent case. This is our legal system every day. I'm not an attorney, but I've had to deal with some DV issues between family and friends and even the local prosecuting attorneys will take a case with no-namers as far as possible.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":xprno9dm said:
Kid's still a moron for the weed and weapons cases, though.

...and for (1) giving a dilluted sample at the combine before (2) getting friggin kicked out of the combine. :lol:

Him not having done this allows him to continue to be a member of the team (and personally, someone I can -- at least for now -- still root for), but that doesn't mean there's not still a ton of red flags on him, or that the outlook for him being able to stay in the league for a long time still isn't good.

JGfromtheNW":xprno9dm said:
The DA should not lose their job. I know it's easy to see the DA as some type of bad guy for continuing to pursue this, but pretty much all prosecuting attorneys, etc. will pursue a case until it's thrown out or they don't get enough cooperation/evidence to build even a coherent case. This is our legal system every day. I'm not an attorney, but I've had to deal with some DV issues between family and friends and even the local prosecuting attorneys will take a case with no-namers as far as possible.

Not an attorney either, but agreed with this too.

The DA's office is getting a ton of grief for their released statement after the judge threw the case out, but I give them some leniency there. They're just trying to save face a little bit, which is something that people do, and something we can be a somewhat tolerant of, I think.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":c3hl5sq1 said:
Well I'm happy to hear that Foster is be absolved of the serious stuff. From everything that I've read and Marvin's sterling job of being Foster's personal PR rep in this thread, I think it's probably pretty safe to say that she was lying from the get-go. She deserves no credibility and I'm happy the judge threw the case out. Kid's still a moron for the weed and weapons cases, though.

LOL.

"Personal PR Rep". Not quite accurate but whatever.

As for the DA, I'll respectfully disagree. Its not about pursuing this thing. Accusers recant all the time so I understand the need for the DA to push these charges after she recanted. The point there is that they are defending the accuser from themselves. The law is written to protect the victim and it HAS to be written that way.

My issue with the DA is about the fact that they never bothered to investigate her claim after she recanted preferring to push the case against Foster, make dramatic public statements before, during and after the charges were filed and dropped, and the fact that even the judge in the case blasted them for moving forward with charges to begin with.

It seems that the DA was trying to make a point about their office being willing to prosecute famous people (IE no special treatment) and they ignored the fact that there was no evidence (and this isn't my opinion...the judge stressed this SEVERAL times) that he had done this.

As for Reuben...yeah, the Marijuana and gun charges were pretty stupid. Honestly I couldn't give a damn about Marijuana (and I don't think the league should penalize for it), but the gun charge to me is the worst. It was purchased legally in Alabama, but you kinda gotta know California Gun Law if you are going to own one here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":30yadftb said:
JGfromtheNW":30yadftb said:
Kid's still a moron for the weed and weapons cases, though.

...and for (1) giving a dilluted sample at the combine before (2) getting friggin kicked out of the combine. :lol:

Him not having done this allows him to continue to be a member of the team (and personally, someone I can -- at least for now -- still root for), but that doesn't mean there's not still a ton of red flags on him, or that the outlook for him being able to stay in the league for a long time still isn't good.

JGfromtheNW":30yadftb said:

Not an attorney either, but agreed with this too.

The DA's office is getting a ton of grief for their released statement after the judge threw the case out, but I give them some leniency there. They're just trying to save face a little bit, which is something that people do, and something we can be a somewhat tolerant of, I think.

My problem with the statement isn't that they said something...its that even after the case was thrown out and the judge blasted them for bringing charges to begin with they essentially disparaged the accused AND the accuser in their statement.

You can say you disagree with the decision and say that you moved forward with the case because you are protecting victims of abuse without saying he caused his girlfriend great harm AND implying her recant was false. IMO, that was unprofessional.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, totally agreed it's unprofessional and totally agreed that your revised statement would have been more appropriate.

We just differ in that I expect people to try to save face a little when they get publicly ridiculed (as the Judge had just done to the DA), and even if the person is a professional or acting in a professional capacity.

As for the DA's attempt-at-face-saving comment, anyone who puts any weight onto that in their ultimate evaluation of this was never going to be convinced to begin with, so it's immature and shallow, but also IMO mundane.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is a wasted amount of tax payer money, going to court with no evidence and a accuser with this kind of history is akin to a frivolous lawsuit. The DA was basically hoping to Stat pad on their conviction record with a high profile accused

Marvin49

Reaction score
Unreal....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/999769146295439360[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/999769687406751744[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/999772103304859648[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep. Maddening when she needs to be charged with the crimes she committed.
It’s a double standard because she is a female.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2hpc5i9s said:
Yep. Maddening when she needs to be charged with the crimes she committed.
It’s a double standard because she is a female.

Hey it’s California. I don’t expect anything less.

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1000076909668024320[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1000089545898049536[/tweet]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about punishment for her.

These kind of things have a way of working out in the end.

She is going to play the victim, since that is the role she knows, but eventually she is going to attract the attention of someone that actually victimizes people.

That is what happens to people like this. Eventually she will end up as someone's punching bag for real and nobody will believe her because of the string of lies and false accusations in her wake. And she will have earned the fate she set for herself.

Play near the water's edge too long and eventually you are bound to fall in.

Glad to hear he is going to be able to continue his career.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Final Charge Against Reuben Foster...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1004391903490523136[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1004401700097032192[/tweet]