No Fun League @ it again

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Not to belittle the plight of ex football players, but have you ever seen a retirement-age concrete finisher? Probably not, because that job takes a physical toll on a body like you wouldn't believe. It's not the only "regular job" that has a long-term physical toll either. At least the NFL players get a good income for a short while, and the college players get a college education without student loans to deal with. I think that expecting NFL players to kill themselves for our entertainment is unrealistic, but I also think that football players expecting to get that much money and come out of the experience totally unscathed is also unrealistic. Now to draw the line in the middle somewhere...

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
mistaowen":3pm82pl3 said:
Hasn't Pete been teaching his players these upcoming changes for the most part, at least on tackling technique?

Not sure I like refs getting the ability to make a game changing ejection on their interpretation of a hit though. College game had some pretty awful ejections.

Yes, and he shares it.

[youtube]t1etzT-Cgho[/youtube]

jeremiah

Reaction score
GeekHawk":q5uldje7 said:
Not to belittle the plight of ex football players, but have you ever seen a retirement-age concrete finisher? Probably not, because that job takes a physical toll on a body like you wouldn't believe. It's not the only "regular job" that has a long-term physical toll either. At least the NFL players get a good income for a short while, and the college players get a college education without student loans to deal with. I think that expecting NFL players to kill themselves for our entertainment is unrealistic, but I also think that football players expecting to get that much money and come out of the experience totally unscathed is also unrealistic. Now to draw the line in the middle somewhere...

Drywall, sandblaster, to spraying epoxy finishes in sewer holding tanks...now retired. I have my pains and limitations. I know a pilebuck that had to have two shoulder replacement surgeries at 55 just from hard repetitious work. Give me a break you players of football. We make $75K a year more or less depending on continuity of the jobs. The MANY give a lot when earning a living. The FEW football players do too, but are rewarded VERY well.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
jeremiah":2pqj1sqk said:
GeekHawk":2pqj1sqk said:

Drywall, sandblaster, to spraying epoxy finishes in sewer holding tanks...now retired. I have my pains and limitations. I know a pilebuck that had to have two shoulder replacement surgeries at 55 just from hard repetitious work. Give me a break you players of football. We make $75K a year more or less depending on continuity of the jobs. The MANY give a lot when earning a living. The FEW football players do too, but are rewarded VERY well.

Hell, a military retiree that makes E-7 before they retire after 20yrs of beating the hell out of their body gets a whopping $24k (ish.)

An NFL player beats up their body for 4yrs?

$201,453 annually at age 65 or $76,920 annually at age 55. For the purposes of this example, the owners would contribute $470 for the players credited season in 2011, $560 for each credited season from 2012-2014, $660 for each credited season from 2015-2017 and $760 for each credited season 2018-2020.