TO Skipping Hall of Fame Induction

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2yxwkgad said:
PFT made the potentially good point that it could be a money thing.

It's expensive -- you gotta pay out of pocket for all the friends and family and speakers you bring, have to pay for a big party, etc.

Usually the team that you're most associated with picks up the tab for all this stuff, but T.O. is atypical in that he doesn't really have a team he's most associated with, and he doesn't have a good relationship with any of the teams he played for.

If it is a money thing, a guy with ego of T.O. would never, ever admit that.

That's an interesting angle. Didn't he file bankruptcy or am I thinking of another former player?

As to the "associated with," I would think that would be the 49ers. I know that's who I think of first when I think of TO, even though he went many, many other places but where you first burst onto the scene is usually what you are most known for (except certain players like Drew Brees).

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
No thanks to the Hawks for taking a chance on him?? Wonder why..

OwensDropsTD.gif

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3jwudagk said:
No thanks to the Hawks for taking a chance on him?? Wonder why..

OwensDropsTD.gif

50/50, he catches that pass, could have made the team. Love or hate the guy,,, he is an anomaly in football. Very weird him and Moss showed up on the same theater at the same time. Those two were the most ridiculous receivers of all time. Moss ^^

Never seen top tier receivers get more wide open than those two,,,,how??? You know they are good, yet shit, all of a sudden they are open. What?

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Honestly the drops are what I remember TO for the most. I was very surprised when I found out how high he was on the all-time lists for yards and receptions and whatever.

nategreat

Reaction score
If someone wants to celebrate their induction on their own, with family and friends, or however he'd prefer to do it, great! I'll shrug my shoulders on this one, more power to him. I don't really care what he wants to do, and nobody should be forced to go if they don't want to be there. He was a great WR and he deserves the nod- doesn't mean he has to go.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
nategreat":18thozg4 said:
If someone wants to celebrate their induction on their own, with family and friends, or however he'd prefer to do it, great! I'll shrug my shoulders on this one, more power to him. I don't really care what he wants to do, and nobody should be forced to go if they don't want to be there. He was a great WR and he deserves the nod- doesn't mean he has to go.

For the most part I agree with you but I just really think there should be some peer pressure from the HOF inductees to let him know he is making a mistake. This is a once in a lifetime event and he really should participate in it.

Again, if he doesn't he will eventually regret it.

chris98251

Reaction score
He just ran a 4.43 40, he wants to still play and Edmonton has invited him up there, not what he wants to do granted but 4.43 at his age says a lot, he always was a freak of nature physically.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Aside from prestige, are there any benefits to being inducted into the Hall of Fame? T.O. was never a fan of the NFL as a business, I'm not at all surprised by his decision. Honestly, as a business, the NFL sucks, but that's for another thread and another day.

Good for T.O.