Brandon Browner arrested following a police chase

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2sibloq3 said:
OkieHawk":2sibloq3 said:
Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?
Being in gangs and heavily involved in street life from a young age is due to CTE?

Fair enough, bad example on my end. As already stated by others though, it does make people spiral into violence.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":nkj6w6iw said:
RolandDeschain":nkj6w6iw said:
OkieHawk":nkj6w6iw said:
Being in gangs and heavily involved in street life from a young age is due to CTE?

Fair enough, bad example on my end. As already stated by others though, it does make people spiral into violence.
I think the distinction between "does make" and "can make" is huge, here. Depends on which part of the brain their CTE ends up affecting...

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ln8se6bv said:
Kind of feels like the rolling in carpet is an after murder thing but I suppose you could smother them in it.

I once knew a chick that chopped her mother up with an ax in the bathtub and then hid the body parts in a rolled up carpet to try and dispose of it. So I get using the rolled up carpet for hiding the body or disposing of it - but I have never heard of it used for the murder itself.

(She was hot but pretty crazy, so I was glad to be done with her when she went full on near-serial killer and it hit the news)

I suppose it is possible to kill someone with a carpet. Not sure I would convict for that if on a jury but definitely the kidnapping sounds like enough to put him away for a while.

Jesus this has to be made from your imagination

IndyHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1thi085z said:
TwistedHusky":1thi085z said:
Kind of feels like the rolling in carpet is an after murder thing but I suppose you could smother them in it.

I once knew a chick that chopped her mother up with an ax in the bathtub and then hid the body parts in a rolled up carpet to try and dispose of it. So I get using the rolled up carpet for hiding the body or disposing of it - but I have never heard of it used for the murder itself.

(She was hot but pretty crazy, so I was glad to be done with her when she went full on near-serial killer and it hit the news)

I suppose it is possible to kill someone with a carpet. Not sure I would convict for that if on a jury but definitely the kidnapping sounds like enough to put him away for a while.

Read the one if I remember right on PMedic and his bottle
of Makers Mark..Fine stuff of a story there or the story of going
through was it Chicago? :lol:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1m2xhbcy said:
RolandDeschain":1m2xhbcy said:
OkieHawk":1m2xhbcy said:

Does CTE control your actions, or does it just influence them?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1ddaq5t7 said:
Does CTE control your actions, or does it just influence them?

Not sure to be honest. There is a lot of good reading out there on it if you choose to do so. No matter what it doesn't excuse their actions, merely gives a potential reasoning for said violent actions. I know they can't even verify if it's CTE until an autopsy, and by then it's too late of course.

But, much like mental health issues in our country it gets overlooked and swept under the rug.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"Jesus this has to be made from your imagination"

It wasn't my imagination. Truth is stranger than fiction.

It happened in Renton. It was all over the papers at the time. She ended up dumping her Mom's body in a carpet and then getting her neighbor to help her dump it after she told him it was the body of her dead dog. (Not sure why he bought that line but I think she seduced him).

The papers had a field day with it because apparently right after getting rid of the body they went out to Red Robin and then out dancing. Though I doubt he knew what he had really done.

She then tried to escape to Florida which is where I think they ended up catching her.

It's kind of a sad story if you know the backstory.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":w9mkgq98 said:
"Jesus this has to be made from your imagination"

It wasn't my imagination. Truth is stranger than fiction.

It happened in Renton. It was all over the papers at the time. She ended up dumping her Mom's body in a carpet and then getting her neighbor to help her dump it after she told him it was the body of her dead dog. (Not sure why he bought that line but I think she seduced him).

The papers had a field day with it because apparently right after getting rid of the body they went out to Red Robin and then out dancing. Though I doubt he knew what he had really done.

She then tried to escape to Florida which is where I think they ended up catching her.

It's kind of a sad story if you know the backstory.
So provide a name we can run through Google.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3ipio7au said:
therealjohncarlson":3ipio7au said:
TwistedHusky":3ipio7au said:

Read the one if I remember right on PMedic and his bottle
of Makers Mark..Fine stuff of a story there or the story of going
through was it Chicago? :lol:
My answer was towards Okie and his stories..
Didn't bother to look first as it came from Twisted.
Sorry guys.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":q1gglwyi said:
IndyHawk":q1gglwyi said:
Sorry guys.

I tell stories?
Was that not you talking about going through
a teams town after the Hawks played them and some
crazy stuff happened around you?
It has been a couple years maybe my memory has the
wrong person.
If that wasn't you-I apologize.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3qkyx74s said:
OkieHawk":3qkyx74s said:
IndyHawk":3qkyx74s said:
Sorry guys.

I tell stories?
Was that not you talking about going through
a teams town after the Hawks played them and some
crazy stuff happened around you?
It has been a couple years maybe my memory has the
wrong person.
If that wasn't you-I apologize.

I've been to two NFL games in my life. At Seattle in 2013 when we played the Vikings, and at Dallas when there was a .Net presence there.

No shenanigans were done by me, or around me. Both occasions were cool, but uneventful in regards to crazy stuff.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2kpuckmv said:
I like the bashing of a former player, I mean he couldn't have legitimate health issues relating to CTE...it clearly has to be him being a "knucklehead". :roll:
Sure.... when ever a former player gets in trouble it must be CTE.... :roll:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2d4dgveq said:
:roll:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCLA/status/1016089665810690048[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1016116740726460421[/tweet]
Why was he running from the cops? Was he caught holding someone where he shouldn't? Bu dum tsss.

EDIT- Jesus, attempted murder? Wow. Hope he has enough money for a quality attorney.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":133r2etl said:
fenderbender123":133r2etl said:
And even then, is crack used in moderation really all that bad?

I've known a few crack and cocaine users throughout the years. There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to cocaine and its derivative forms. It's a drug people binge hard on, because the peak of the high lasts ten to fifteen minutes at best.

I can tell you from personal experience, there is no such thing as a "recreational crack user." Or any other hard drug for that matter.

But smoking Meth is the worst. I've seen people wig out after being up for days, and they start getting paranoid, carrying guns, and end up killing innocent people. I've never known anyone that got hooked on smoking meth that sobered up. That and heroin are the most addictive drugs in the world.

And when people use any kind of hard drug, they are liable to substitute Meth in there.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":20dnjmx8 said:
SmokinHawk":20dnjmx8 said:
fenderbender123":20dnjmx8 said:
And even then, is crack used in moderation really all that bad?

I've known a few crack and cocaine users throughout the years. There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to cocaine and its derivative forms. It's a drug people binge hard on, because the peak of the high lasts ten to fifteen minutes at best.

I can tell you from personal experience, there is no such thing as a "recreational crack user." Or any other hard drug for that matter.

But smoking Meth is the worst. I've seen people wig out after being up for days, and they start getting paranoid, carrying guns, and end up killing innocent people. I've never known anyone that got hooked on smoking meth that sobered up. That and heroin are the most addictive drugs in the world.

And when people use any kind of hard drug, they are liable to substitute Meth in there.

Neighbors.....