Jalen Ramsey is the new Sherm

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Trrrroy":16jow6pd said:
Honestly I don't even care about his opinions. I just like that he has the balls to say it, right or wrong. It adds spice to the game.

Yep.

People compare Ramsey to Sherman, and it's a good comparison............................but unlike Pete who allowed Richard to criticize his own coaches, teammates and the local press, Coughlin and the Jags have already suspended Ramsey for this week for throwing a tantrum at a local reporter.

EXACTLY what Pete should have done with Richard last year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, he was able to do or say whatever he wanted, w/out any consequences. Felt like he was above the rules, period.
As far as Jalen. "I don't care what nobody say" or "It was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers"

How about you speak some English kid......... Great player, but he sounds like an angry teenager :lol:

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20zc3mbj said:
Yep, he was able to do or say whatever he wanted, w/out any consequences. Felt like he was above the rules, period.
As far as Jalen. "I don't care what nobody say" or "It was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers"

How about you speak some English kid......... Great player, but he sounds like an angry teenager :lol:
Ha, you could say that for 75% of the players in the NFL.

adeltaY

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2yfy0sgx said:
Trrrroy":2yfy0sgx said:
He has no filter. Straight up says Joe Flacco sucks, Matt Ryan is overrated, and Josh Allen was a terrible pick. I love it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... across-nfl
I think he has coach envy. Probably tired of seeing garbage offense from his team.

Yeah, I think he's having selective memory issues about the Niners game. Sure, the leading receiver was the FB and Shanahan bamboozled the Jags D on multiple occasions, but Jimmy still made plenty of clutch, tight window throws in that game.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
Disagree. Sherman only goes after others after being disrespected by those individuals so there is some filter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
anonFAFA":54p05wps said:
Disagree. Sherman only goes after others after being disrespected by those individuals so there is some filter.

Like his own teammates, coaches and radio hosts?

It's almost exactly the same as what Ramsey tried to pull........the difference is Coughlin and the Jags had the balls to discipline Ramsey so he knows that's not acceptable.

Unlike us where Pete tried to use his Kumbaya positive mumbo jumbo to cure Richard of his penchant for ripping everyone around him. Didn't work.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":183lxd6q said:
Yeah, they suspended Ramsey for a week during the preseason...really tough punishment.

It's sure as hell a better message than doing nothing and acting like you've got it all under control like Pete likes to make us think.

Why do you think Pete and John got rid of Sherman, Bennett and are being hard asses with Earl? That's a message they should have sent two years ago, enough of the nonsense.

I'd love to have Couglin in our FO, he doesn't mess around.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lc8vk4q said:
adeltaY":1lc8vk4q said:
Yeah, they suspended Ramsey for a week during the preseason...really tough punishment.

It's sure as hell a better message than doing nothing and acting like you've got it all under control like Pete likes to make us think.

Why do you think Pete and John got rid of Sherman, Bennett and are being hard asses with Earl? That's a message they should have sent two years ago, enough of the nonsense.

I'd love to have Couglin in our FO, he doesn't mess around.

He didn't discipline Odell for fighting with Josh Norman and drawing personal fouls throughout that Skins game a while ago (I believe the league suspended him for a week for a head to head hit). If it was the regular season, he wouldn't suspend Ramsey for going off on the media. None of Sherman's antics took place in the preseason so we don't know whether Pete would've done anything or not. It's not apples to apples in this case. If Coughlin suspends a star player for violating the team's personal conduct policy during the regular season, I'll gladly accept I'm wrong.

NINEster

Reaction score
Ramfan128":31ec3uk8 said:
ivotuk":31ec3uk8 said:
He's right, on every single point he made. I bet he's correct on Josh Allen too. It will be interesting to see how these rookie QBs pan out, and how accurate Ramsey is.

You think he's right about Kaepernick?

I did actually agree with a lot of what he said, but it was rather....transparent that he had an agenda.

Most people were s**** on Kaepernick as early as 2014 (some as early as 2013, .NET, since 1987), and definitely picked it up in 2015.

So I get tired of hearing people defend Kap when they were totally going the other way prior to August 2016.

If you want to say he's good then go into the film analysis of how he actually improved as a QB in his last season despite playing with far subpar supporting cast than his Super Bowl ride.

GIve me some film example, or even highlights from yesteryear.

But don't give me BS just for political reasons. It's nauseating, and has made me no longer a Kaep defender when I defended that SOB like he was my own son. :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now this moron is saying that Gronk isn't that good. Shut already man, you just sound stupid at this point.

D

DomeHawk

"We started running it on first and second down, throwing it on third down, every single time we were out there. [The Patriots] caught on to that."

Sound familiar?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pk1rs3f said:
Now this moron is saying that Gronk isn't that good. Shut already man, you just sound stupid at this point.
Yeah, this is embarrassing. No way was Sherm as idiotic as Ramsey. I think the most blunt thing Sherm ever said was that Pierre Garcon is irrelevant. Maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone remember that?

homerun1970

Reaction score
Crabtree mediocre as well as sorry, shame they aren't on same team throw in Kaep and practice would be interesting. :stirthepot:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love Ramsey's jabber-jaw. The NFL is so boring these days when compared to the personalities that used to be on full display 10+ years ago. Give me cocky receivers working out in their driveways with camera crews following them around. Give me ridiculous TD celebrations like a Sharpie out of the sock. Give me a quirky, elite receiver changing his last name to the Spanish pronunciation of his number.

Now a days all we see are robots and choir boys. It's sooooooooooo boring.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I agree with JG.

Also, Ramsey clarified and said Gronk isn't as great as people say he is. Their analytics guys pulled the numbers and his yards per catch and completion percentage plummet when covered by a corner vs. Covered by a LB. That's what Ramsey was referring to.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
adeltaY":2l1q8tid said:
I agree with JG.

Also, Ramsey clarified and said Gronk isn't as great as people say he is. Their analytics guys pulled the numbers and his yards per catch and completion percentage plummet when covered by a corner vs. Covered by a LB. That's what Ramsey was referring to.

Good clarification. I heard that on John Clayton this morning and totally forgot that's where the comments came from.