Division Rivals

chris98251

Reaction score
Ramfan128":21betui3 said:
I'll add another take on the Rams roster, because sometimes the headlines are taken up by the bigger name players:

Goff - above average, looking for improvement
Gurley - superstar
Cooks - all star caliber player
Woods - above average
Kupp - above average, on track to be an all star
Higbee/Everett - below average to average - but McVay was a TE coach and Everett was his first draft pick as HC
Whitworth - all star caliber player
Saffold - all star caliber player
Sullivan - above average last year, expecting regression
Brown - suspended two games - likely replaced by Austin Blythe who is a solid back up center - average player
Havenstein - average to above average player

Weak link on offense: TE? I put a question mark because again, Everett was a high 2nd round pick and McVay is a former TE coach who has shown to be one of the best offensive minds in the NFL. Past that, we had Sullivan play above expectations last year - but Brown and Hav were 2nd and 3rd round picks who had some talent. I expect Sullivan to regress a bit, but our best backup offensive lineman is Blythe, who plays C and played for Sullivan a few games last year, and played well. We also drafted two offensive linemen with our first two picks (3rd and 4th rounds), so I wager McVay and Snead are expecting some worse injury luck with the OL, which is smart.

What could go terribly wrong? The OL. Despite the efforts to beef up the depth, the Rams got a combination of injury luck and performance luck that is unlikely to be repeated. Whitworth is also old and could regress at any time - but I didn't include that in the above because he played so well last year.

What fans may not know: Saffold is one of the best guards in the NFL; Kupp is going to be a monster (quite a few Seahawk fans do know this because he played at Eastern Washington)

Brockers - above average
Suh - all star caliber player
Donald - superstar
Ebukam - unknown but has potential
Barron - above average player to all star caliber player
Littleton - average - with potential - Littleton just makes plays - he blocked several punts and got a sack and interception in his first start last season
Longacre - below average - back injury last season - my guess is that this second OLB position is taken over by a rookie at some point and in general, not used much when the Rams go to the nickel, which they will quite a bit
Peters - all star caliber player
Talib - all star caliber player
Joyner - all star caliber player
Johnson III - above average player, on track to be an all star (he's the one that picked off Russell Wilson in LA last year)

Robey-Coleman - one of the best slot corners in the NFL

As you can see, the defense is loaded - and at CB and DL we have depth. Troy Hill is a guy that started once Kayvon Webster went down and played very well at CB.

The only true weaknesses right now on the roster are TE and OLB - TE has some young ascending players; OLB has some young guys with potential and likely won't be on the field much.

And obviously the Rams had the best kicker/punter combo in the NFL last year - Zuerlein has gotten good reviews in camp coming off his back injury.

So we may as well pack up and wait for 2019, the Rams have a All Star team at almost every position, nobody has a chance. :)

But then again we know Pro Bowlers in football are spread across the league and voted by fans, All Pro's now those are the core of most teams, Didn't see either of those listed, so we have a bunch of baseball and basketball players that will win the division in L.A.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
chris98251":181d82s9 said:
Ramfan128":181d82s9 said:
I'll add another take on the Rams roster, because sometimes the headlines are taken up by the bigger name players:

Goff - above average, looking for improvement
Gurley - superstar
Cooks - all star caliber player
Woods - above average
Kupp - above average, on track to be an all star
Higbee/Everett - below average to average - but McVay was a TE coach and Everett was his first draft pick as HC
Whitworth - all star caliber player
Saffold - all star caliber player
Sullivan - above average last year, expecting regression
Brown - suspended two games - likely replaced by Austin Blythe who is a solid back up center - average player
Havenstein - average to above average player

Weak link on offense: TE? I put a question mark because again, Everett was a high 2nd round pick and McVay is a former TE coach who has shown to be one of the best offensive minds in the NFL. Past that, we had Sullivan play above expectations last year - but Brown and Hav were 2nd and 3rd round picks who had some talent. I expect Sullivan to regress a bit, but our best backup offensive lineman is Blythe, who plays C and played for Sullivan a few games last year, and played well. We also drafted two offensive linemen with our first two picks (3rd and 4th rounds), so I wager McVay and Snead are expecting some worse injury luck with the OL, which is smart.

What could go terribly wrong? The OL. Despite the efforts to beef up the depth, the Rams got a combination of injury luck and performance luck that is unlikely to be repeated. Whitworth is also old and could regress at any time - but I didn't include that in the above because he played so well last year.

What fans may not know: Saffold is one of the best guards in the NFL; Kupp is going to be a monster (quite a few Seahawk fans do know this because he played at Eastern Washington)

Brockers - above average
Suh - all star caliber player
Donald - superstar
Ebukam - unknown but has potential
Barron - above average player to all star caliber player
Littleton - average - with potential - Littleton just makes plays - he blocked several punts and got a sack and interception in his first start last season
Longacre - below average - back injury last season - my guess is that this second OLB position is taken over by a rookie at some point and in general, not used much when the Rams go to the nickel, which they will quite a bit
Peters - all star caliber player
Talib - all star caliber player
Joyner - all star caliber player
Johnson III - above average player, on track to be an all star (he's the one that picked off Russell Wilson in LA last year)

Robey-Coleman - one of the best slot corners in the NFL

As you can see, the defense is loaded - and at CB and DL we have depth. Troy Hill is a guy that started once Kayvon Webster went down and played very well at CB.

The only true weaknesses right now on the roster are TE and OLB - TE has some young ascending players; OLB has some young guys with potential and likely won't be on the field much.

And obviously the Rams had the best kicker/punter combo in the NFL last year - Zuerlein has gotten good reviews in camp coming off his back injury.

So we may as well pack up and wait for 2019, the Rams have a All Star team at almost every position, nobody has a chance. :)

But then again we know Pro Bowlers in football are spread across the league and voted by fans, All Pro's now those are the core of most teams, Didn't see either of those listed, so we have a bunch of baseball and basketball players that will win the division in L.A.

For one, I think we all know the "pro bowl" designation is meaningless. So I never use it. This was my personal take - when I say "all star caliber", it's my way of saying "pro bowl caliber" - but the pro bowl is a joke, so this was my way of saying "legitimately pro bowl caliber player".

All pro is harder to come by - but I could have used that designation in place of "superstar".

Never did I say anywhere that nobody had a chance - this is a thread about all the teams in the NFC West so I wanted to give my take on the roster. The primary reason was to point out that guys like Saffold, Barron, and Johnson III who are really good players, but fans of other teams may not know.

And of course the QB position is heavily weighted because of the importance. So even though the Rams have a much better roster than the Seahawks, Wilson being better than Goff can make up a ton of ground on that.

chris98251

Reaction score
I was busting your chops see smiley face, but the Rams have assembled a push team hoping to get media attention and make a run, doubt many of then vets they brought in are there for long because of cost. The Ego's assembled also could be a issue if they run in to any type of adversity.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Is crack now legal in the us? Its the only explanation for someone thinking the rams have 10 all pro players.

adeltaY

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3p3wemc5 said:
Is crack now legal in the us? Its the only explanation for someone thinking the rams have 10 all pro players.

I think he said all star = probowl and superstar = all-pro.

The only superstars he named were Gurley and Donald and they were actually all-pros.

Still, claiming 10 pro bowlers is pretty extreme, though I'm sure our own fans thought the same of our team when we were at the height of our powers.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
The rams have a great team on paper. We'll see how that plays out. I do expect them to win the division, but that's why they play the game on Sunday. I still expect the Seattle to compete for the division. I think the media is down on them for whatever reason, but we shall see. I really do think Wilson is good for 7-8 wins by himself. The rest of the offense has to show up for anything above that. I'm more worried about the defense honestly. You just don't replace some of the players Seattle lost going into this year.

RedAlice

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2i38rdcd said:

Ok, I read up.

You funny. I haven’t seen a single Rams fan post anything that is even close to what Hawk fans used to say. So probably crack is now suddenly illegal.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":ks5l1em6 said:
I was busting your chops see smiley face, but the Rams have assembled a push team hoping to get media attention and make a run, doubt many of then vets they brought in are there for long because of cost. The Ego's assembled also could be a issue if they run in to any type of adversity.

This is a common statement, and media fed.

Which egos exactly do you mean?

Talib and Peters? If so, you’ve obviously not followed camp. They are acting like little big peas in a pod. It’s quite adorable. If you are expecting personality explosions there, you will be sadly disappointed.

Suh? He’s been nothing other than explempary as well. Even without Donald.

All teams face adversity, but I think the idea that these vets will explode is highly over rated. You can wish tho.

Cooks is also fitting in well and will lead this WR group.

Rams will obviously face the same ups and downs any team does, but I think anyone who just says it’s all these egos has not paid attention and is taking up an easy idea.

It’s ok tho. Simple is easy.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
RedAlice":1u0alkox said:
UK_Seahawk":1u0alkox said:

Ok, I read up.

You funny. I haven’t seen a single Rams fan post anything that is even close to what Hawk fans used to say. So probably crack is now suddenly illegal.
The 12s have become a tad bit delusional and homer simpson like. I wouldn't expect any less on a seahawk MB though. It is what it is. Say what you have to say then lol.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":f3xdqj74 said:
chris98251":f3xdqj74 said:

Talib and Peters? If so, you’ve obviously not followed camp. They are acting like little big peas in a pod. It’s quite adorable. If you are expecting personality explosions there, you will be sadly disappointed.

All teams face adversity, but I think the idea that these vets will explode is highly over rated. You can wish tho.

Rams will obviously face the same ups and downs any team does, but I think anyone who just says it’s all these egos has not paid attention and is taking up an easy idea.

History of the players mentioned has shown that they have a short fuse when it comes to adversity and the blame game etc, it's all good and they can be cuddle bugs up until the real deal happens in a couple more weeks. I have said in other threads that the Rams on Paper could win it all with health and a few good bounces, it's when they have to fight through adversity as a team that I think the wheels would come off.

Call it the Dream Team syndrome if you will, the Olympic team in Basketball didn't have to be together as long as a football or a NBA basketball team. They could set things aside for the short term for a common goal the Gold Medal, Basketball and Football teams have a much longer road and personality issues and situations happen over that time that can infuse problems when you have the type of Alpha dogs that are used to being the first in line at everything.

We are just watching from afar right now as Seahawks fans, we have our own issues that we are paying attention to. Just most of us see that pot simmering and that lid is on, there could be some boil over if it's not watched closely down in L.A.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":2telwuwm said:
chris98251":2telwuwm said:

I just went to OTC and looked at their salaries. They have NO incentive to jump each other and be pains in the rear to each other. No greed necessary as they have guaranteed contracts and no incentive based contract additions. That would be a distraction in my eyes. Looks like you got what is necessary to make a great team. Thank you for the information and appreciate it.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":1ju7vtty said:
RedAlice":1ju7vtty said:
chris98251":1ju7vtty said:

History of the players mentioned has shown that they have a short fuse when it comes to adversity and the blame game etc, it's all good and they can be cuddle bugs up until the real deal happens in a couple more weeks. I have said in other threads that the Rams on Paper could win it all with health and a few good bounces, it's when they have to fight through adversity as a team that I think the wheels would come off.

Call it the Dream Team syndrome if you will, the Olympic team in Basketball didn't have to be together as long as a football or a NBA basketball team. They could set things aside for the short term for a common goal the Gold Medal, Basketball and Football teams have a much longer road and personality issues and situations happen over that time that can infuse problems when you have the type of Alpha dogs that are used to being the first in line at everything.

We are just watching from afar right now as Seahawks fans, we have our own issues that we are paying attention to. Just most of us see that pot simmering and that lid is on, there could be some boil over if it's not watched closely down in L.A.

Yes, Chris. But as I challenged iRo on, this is not an Eagles Dream Team scenario.

I am not spouting Rams win the Super Bowl, I am just disputing the fact that adding these Vets is not without thought by the FO and McVay and that the media driven concept of explosive discord at any minute is imminent.

Not an NFCW concept, but enjoyed the Raiders Rams back up players game today. Some really unneeded violence from Raiders backups which resulted in personal fouls. Gruden intends to bring back the brutal ugly bad Raiders of old is my take.

Maybe that’ll make the AFC more interesting.

Also means they will try to kill the Rams game one. As in physically. Now concerned about that game, not to winning it, just coming out injury free.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":n161htmq said:
ringless":n161htmq said:
Another less than mediocre year for the Cardinals incoming. The offensive line leaves a lot to be desired. Outside of an aging Fitzgerald the WR corps aren't that exciting. The depth at LB is going to show as a big weakness as well. Think they are lucky to win 7 games.

Holy crap, a ringless sighting! Please, don't be a stranger! :2thumbs:
Your avatar matches your post perfectly. What’s that from?

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":15da6ze4 said:
chris98251":15da6ze4 said:
RedAlice":15da6ze4 said:
chris98251":15da6ze4 said:

Yes, Chris. But as I challenged iRo on, this is not an Eagles Dream Team scenario.

I am not spouting Rams win the Super Bowl, I am just disputing the fact that adding these Vets is not without thought by the FO and McVay and that the media driven concept of explosive discord at any minute is imminent.

Not an NFCW concept, but enjoyed the Raiders Rams back up players game today. Some really unneeded violence from Raiders backups which resulted in personal fouls. Gruden intends to bring back the brutal ugly bad Raiders of old is my take.

Maybe that’ll make the AFC more interesting.

Also means they will try to kill the Rams game one. As in physically. Now concerned about that game, not to winning it, just coming out injury free.

No front office purposely brings in discord that they don't feel they can handle, after all we brought in Percy Harvin also, but I guess the only thing that can be done is wait and see, as I have stated the test will be what adversity the Rams come up against, be in Officials throwing flags or bad calls or injuries that create a perception of imbalance or create one that could set off a domino effect. The DREAM team label is all about these guys being very good and have been assembled in one year, these guys were not roll players where they came from but leaders and impact guys, both vocally and on the playing field. That's a lot of chemistry to balance.

The real master of doing this has went to get a great seat in a bigger Stadium to watch from, Al Davis had the knack of taking guys like that and making them a family of juggernauts teams feared to play, it worked for a long time for him.

Can the Rams and McVay do that same type of psycho magic ?

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3gv5ndf2 said:
Maulbert":3gv5ndf2 said:
ringless":3gv5ndf2 said:
Another less than mediocre year for the Cardinals incoming. The offensive line leaves a lot to be desired. Outside of an aging Fitzgerald the WR corps aren't that exciting. The depth at LB is going to show as a big weakness as well. Think they are lucky to win 7 games.

Holy crap, a ringless sighting! Please, don't be a stranger! :2thumbs:
Your avatar matches your post perfectly. What’s that from?

My avatar came from the first Wreck It Ralph 2 trailer.

[youtube]YZZU6v4RcYs[/youtube]

NINEster

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3qc6pgdm said:
Seahawks have the best QB in the division and that alone makes them a threat.

:roll:

Wilson brainwashes even the fans of teams that have his #.

Unreal.

Ilinoiseyhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":1jkuuhv7 said:
Ramfan128":1jkuuhv7 said:

Unreal.
Are you really suggesting that Wilson isn't the best QB in the division?

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":3fdy7et1 said:
Ramfan128":3fdy7et1 said:

Unreal.

More trolling, I really hope we put the 49ers back in their place when we play them, at least the Rams are lets wait and see before they try to talk smack, Ninester has a QB that played what 6 games and is acting like they have dominatied everyone for years.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":1ulz2vda said:
NINEster":1ulz2vda said:
Ramfan128":1ulz2vda said:

Unreal.

More trolling, I really hope we put the 49ers back in their place when we play them, at least the Rams are lets wait and see before they try to talk smack, Ninester has a QB that played what 6 games and is acting like they have dominatied everyone for years.

You crack me up Chris. :179417: :179417:

I think I have spent most of all my time on here loving all of you w my team losing.

And for that, i love most all of you forever.

That said, I am very happy with what the Rams are doing and have done. Let’s see what happens, but I stay me.

Good fans here, some of the best in the NFL.

ETA: I would like to talk current here and not be attacked. I am fair. Plus, the thing is I like most of you.

The wheel turns, in 7 years or so we could be all discussing the last decade.

Latest posts