Krapper

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Kaepernick was offered a deal by the Broncos but declined it. Guess he thought it would affect his lawsuit. Dont think he will get another chance.

sutz

Reaction score
A source or a link or something would be nice.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1s54okjf said:
Kaepernick was offered a deal by the Broncos but declined it. Guess he thought it would affect his lawsuit. Dont think he will get another chance.
Elway was talking about when the 49ers were going to trade for him. That was years ago.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ohh, wasn't that when they asked him to take a massive paycut after offering $16M per year to Osweiler before the Texans outbid them? IDK why he would do that he was better than Os by quite a bit.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I think the Krapper certainly is capable enough to serve as a backup in the league, and I do believe the owners refuse to sign him. I don't believe it's collusion, however, because the league on the whole loses as much by blackballing him as they do signing him. The problem is, no team wants to be the one to risk pissing off their fanbase for a backup quarterback, and that's all he is. A backup. His mouth started writing checks his talent couldn't cash.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
It’s a combination of opposition to his politics, the fear of locker room distraction, questions about Kaepernick’s dedication, and the fact that Kaepernick was just alright and had a lot of glaring issues with diagnosing defenses, handling pressure, crumbling in the 4th quarter of games, etc.

Seahawks were one of the only teams to meet with him (the only team?), and they were left with the impression that he wasn’t satisfied being a backup (or wasn’t satisfied with backup money).

The Broncos thing was not a real contract offer. It was a trade discussion contingent on Kaepernick agreeing to a significant salary reduction.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Maulbert":3nn9nfqi said:
I think the Krapper certainly is capable enough to serve as a backup in the league, and I do believe the owners refuse to sign him. I don't believe it's collusion, however, because the league on the whole loses as much by blackballing him as they do signing him. The problem is, no team wants to be the one to risk pissing off their fanbase for a backup quarterback, and that's all he is. A backup. []His stupid ass girlfriend Nessa started running her mouth and killed any chances he might have had..
This too.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Is he capable of being a BACKUP in this league? Probably. Is he willing to sign for a BACKUP’s pay check? No. Absolutely not. And his girlfriend will use her media job to publicly insult the owners of a team that offers him a backups contract to boot. Kap doesn’t have a job playing football because he doesn’t really want one.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SF49r":2fuw8t3w said:
[youtube]OfCfezzvOEQ[/youtube]
I am starting to think Krapper made the LOB the legend they became....I kinda feel sorry for San Fran as they had some really good teams but just no qb...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Cyrus12":wjwuhtfn said:
Arghh..my bad..basically Elway saying they are not signing him as he already had his chance.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2439 ... cos-passed

Yeah, incredibly dumb statement by Elway.

That Kap didn't agree to cut his guaranteed money in half long before he ever knelt for the first time has absolutely nothing to do with anything when it comes to discussions anyone has been having about him for the last few years.

Trying to link the two is a dumb and unforced error on Elway's part, and far from the first one since he has become GM. He was responding to a question of if he'd consider Kap. The easy answer is "We're not doing so at this time" and leave it at that. Instead, for no explainable reason he breaks his sealed deposition (exposing himself to legal risk) by offering up an argument that doesn't make a lick of sense to begin with.

mikeak

Reaction score
He is a capable starter. He was a starter and played well enough to continue that

The issue IMHO is however not collusion. Probably not even as much about the negative press for signing him

It is that the owners are PISSED (each one individually) how much negative press and issues the movement that he started has led too. They are therefor individually not signing him.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think an important thing this all highlights is the pay issue. Could Kaep be a backup, maybe even a starter? Sure. Is he willing to do it for the right price? Doesn't sound like it.

NINEster

Reaction score
Cyrus12":36ud8mio said:
SF49r":36ud8mio said:
[youtube]OfCfezzvOEQ[/youtube]
I am starting to think Krapper made the LOB the legend they became....I kinda feel sorry for San Fran as they had some really good teams but just no qb...

I feel the same way.