Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Reuban Foster is really good...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Reuban Foster is really good...
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Reuban Foster is really good...
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:17 pm
  • Seahawks fans know about this as they have one that can do these things. I anticipate the baton will be passed to the likes of Foster in five years though. This guy is ridiculous. If he can stay out of the blue tent or jail, that is.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 pm
  • Good luck with both those things, he’ll need it.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:46 pm
  • :sarcasm_on: Counting chickens before they hatch. Yeah, never seen a 49er fan do that before. :sarcasm_off:
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:36 am
  • Maulbert wrote::sarcasm_on: Counting chickens before they hatch. Yeah, never seen a 49er fan do that before. :sarcasm_off:

Just going by raw talent. In all likelihood, he'll probably have one good season and then get caught smoking weed again. He is not an Aldumb Smith, though. He's not completely brain dead. Just narcissistic.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:29 pm
  • Maulbert wrote::sarcasm_on: Counting chickens before they hatch. Yeah, never seen a 49er fan do that before. :sarcasm_off:

Remember when Hawks fans, as based on limited snaps, said Christine Michael would replace Marshawn Lynch?

Remember when Hawks fans, as based on limited snaps, said Thomas Rawls would replace Marshawn Lynch?

Remember when Hawks fans, as based on limited snaps, said Chris Carson and Penny would, oh wait, that one’s still happening.

Turns out neither of us are talking about 9ers fans or Hawks fans. We’re jist talking about sports fans. It’ll be okay.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 pm
  • A better athlete would've picked that and not turn awkwardly the wrong way around.

:P
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:35 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Maulbert wrote::sarcasm_on: Counting chickens before they hatch. Yeah, never seen a 49er fan do that before. :sarcasm_off:

Remember when Hawks fans, as based on limited snaps, said Christine Michael would replace Marshawn Lynch?

Remember when Hawks fans, as based on limited snaps, said Thomas Rawls would replace Marshawn Lynch?

Remember when Hawks fans, as based on limited snaps, said Chris Carson and Penny would, oh wait, that one’s still happening.

Turns out neither of us are talking about 9ers fans or Hawks fans. We’re jist talking about sports fans. It’ll be okay.

LMAO......

Cool story bro....

Ever heard the phrase “Physician, heal thyself!” ??????

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:43 pm

• I think you are giving him way too much credit here, maybe it’s because you are used to subpar linebacker play..... The ball was underthrown, if it was a bit higher it’s likely a completion since Foster was tripping over his own feet. It was a good play, don’t get me wrong......and color me biased if you will, but I’ve seen Wagner and KJ Wright make plays like that fairly often.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:51 pm
  • Football has never been Reuban Foster's problem. The other stuff that happens in his life will affect his ability to play football.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:28 am
  • ReubEn is a walking time bomb, just a matter of time before he doesn't something stupid. Again.........
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:38 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:ReubEn is a walking time bomb, just a matter of time before he doesn't something stupid. Again.........

You could very well be right, but I actually kinda doubt it. This situation scared him. He thought he might have lost football. My hope is that it wakes him up.

The good news is that its not an addiction like it was with Aldon. Bad news is there is no cure for stupidity. Just hoping this whole thing woke him up.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:38 am
  • For his sake, that would be good. Hell of a player no doubt.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:24 pm
  • The only reason you reach out with your left hand on that play is because you are committing pass interference with your right.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:49 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:

I think you are giving him way too much credit here, maybe it’s because you are used to subpar linebacker play..... The ball was underthrown, if it was a bit higher it’s likely a completion since Foster was tripping over his own feet. It was a good play, don’t get me wrong......and color me biased if you will, but I’ve seen Wagner and KJ Wright make plays like that fairly often.

I'm tired of Bobby Wagner.

A very good, perhaps great LB, but overrated here.

Never played on s*** teams like Patrick Willis from 2007-2010. Willis' best years as LB were before Harbaugh, and then he gladly took on a role that allowed Bowman to shine more because of his position for the overall betterment of the team. That was a baller till the very end. Good team or bad, he shined.

Wagner, we don't know how he looks on less than a dominant defense.....we'll see how good he is this year with a few less "dogs" around him.

KJ Wright is just a good scheme fit LB. If he can't command $10M+ APY in the FA market, that's all he is.

And yes Foster is young, but IMO he has done more in his first two seasons than Wagner in his first two playing with elites. Same system too...

1st round pedigree versus 2nd round. Rarely wrong.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:26 pm
  • NINEster wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

I think you are giving him way too much credit here, maybe it’s because you are used to subpar linebacker play..... The ball was underthrown, if it was a bit higher it’s likely a completion since Foster was tripping over his own feet. It was a good play, don’t get me wrong......and color me biased if you will, but I’ve seen Wagner and KJ Wright make plays like that fairly often.

Never played on s*** teams like Patrick Willis from 2007-2010. Willis' best years as LB were before Harbaugh, and then he gladly took on a role that allowed Bowman to shine more because of his position for the overall betterment of the team. That was a baller till the very end. Good team or bad, he shined.

Wagner, we don't know how he looks on less than a dominant defense.....we'll see how good he is this year with a few less "dogs" around him.

KJ Wright is just a good scheme fit LB. If he can't command $10M+ APY in the FA market, that's all he is.

And yes Foster is young, but IMO he has done more in his first two seasons than Wagner in his first two playing with elites. Same system too...

Except around 50 percent of the time, take your trolling somewhere else, 49ers have the look of promise so your back here to try and smear a team that has kicked your ass for years when you think you see a chink in the armor.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:36 pm
  • WTF? Bobby Wagner is overrated and KJ Wright is nothing more than a good scheme fit? Nonsense. I'll take both over Reuben right now given his off the field concerns (of which they have none) and the fact that Reuben hasn't even played a full season yet. I suppose Russell Wilson is worse than RG3 because pedigree? Similar to how Derek Carr is worse than Blake Bortles? Or how Antonio Brown is worse than Kelvin Benjamin.

Come back to us when Foster is a 4 time All-pro. No one was saying anything about Willis. No one except Niners fans with a persecution complex believes the league's overall opinion of Willis is anything besides he was a generational talent at the position whose production matched.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:47 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:WTF? Bobby Wagner is overrated and KJ Wright is nothing more than a good scheme fit? Nonsense. I'll take both over Reuben right now given his off the field concerns (of which they have none) and the fact that Reuben hasn't even played a full season yet. I suppose Russell Wilson is worse than RG3 because pedigree? Similar to how Derek Carr is worse than Blake Bortles? Or how Antonio Brown is worse than Kelvin Benjamin.

Come back to us when Foster is a 4 time All-pro. No one was saying anything about Willis. No one except Niners fans with a persecution complex believes the league's overall opinion of Willis is anything besides he was a generational talent at the position whose production matched.

So much this.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:53 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:ReubEn is a walking time bomb, just a matter of time before he doesn't something stupid. Again.........

You could very well be right, but I actually kinda doubt it. This situation scared him. He thought he might have lost football. My hope is that it wakes him up.

The good news is that its not an addiction like it was with Aldon. Bad news is there is no cure for stupidity. Just hoping this whole thing woke him up.

Could have swore you said your first sentence numerous times when it came to Alldumb Smith.
    Stupidity is rarely cured, see Johnny Football, Zeke Elliott, Dez Bryant etc etc etc

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:11 pm
  • I don’t think a concussion is going to help his poor decision making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:37 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Except around 50 percent of the time, take your trolling somewhere else, 49ers have the look of promise so your back here to try and smear a team that has kicked your ass for years when you think you see a chink in the armor.

Look at my join date and post count.

I never left, bud.

And no, it's not about chink in the armor or vulnerability. It's simply the annoyance of fans overrating their guys and s**** on opposing team players that gets tiring.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:17 pm
  • You're not wrong about fans doing that, but Bobby Wagner is a terrible example. He's legitimately one of the best defensive players in the league. If someone was talking about Tyler Lockett being an elite WR or something you'd be spot on.

I really relate to what you're saying though. Jags fans thinking Bortles is "good enough" is something that's pissed me off recently. The guy flat out sucks and was the main reason they didn't win more games and have home field in the playoffs. Their defense was certainly good enough. One month of above average performance (during which he whooped the Seahawks, I will readily admit) does not excuse three and a half seasons of poor play.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:49 am
  • adeltaY wrote:WTF? Bobby Wagner is overrated and KJ Wright is nothing more than a good scheme fit? Nonsense. I'll take both over Reuben right now given his off the field concerns (of which they have none) and the fact that Reuben hasn't even played a full season yet. I suppose Russell Wilson is worse than RG3 because pedigree? Similar to how Derek Carr is worse than Blake Bortles? Or how Antonio Brown is worse than Kelvin Benjamin.

Why was Patrick Willis even brought up in the first place? Had he played three more years instead of retiring after 7.5, sure, he'd easily be in the Hall of Fame. But he's 100% irrelevant to this discussion, regardless of the fact that he was an All Pro 5 out of 6 seasons he played more than 6 games and a Pro Bowler in every season he played at least 7. :les:

This thread is about Foster, who probably has a twenty five percent chance of throwing his career away due to off field stuff, and a twenty five percent chance of throwing it away due to injuries. I say he has a fifty percent chance of a 7 or 8 year career, in which case he'll become one of the best in the league. But it's not great odds. As I said, I was going by talent.

But Patrick Willis? He is completely irrelevant to this discussion.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:29 pm
  • Your boy Ninester brought him up, not me.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information