Pat Mahomes

Cyrus12

Reaction score

mistaowen

Reaction score
Man, very jealous of the Chiefs offense so far this season. People are wide open almost every down. Made Alex Smith look good last year, Mahomes seems to be taking it to the next level. Teams don't have much film on him so far however he looks like the real deal, couple of the TD's were absolute rockets. Would love seeing some of the easy completion plays they have to move the chains implemented in the Hawks offense instead of the boom or bust they relish.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
NINEster":bu0xqgno said:
5_Golden_Rings":bu0xqgno said:
chris98251":bu0xqgno said:
5_Golden_Rings":bu0xqgno said:
His body of work in college was off the charts. His body of work in the NFL so far is off the charts. His physical ability is unquestionably Hall of Fame level elite, and not in the sense of Jaws claiming Kaepernick was; in the sense of John Elway coming out of college.

If you are afraid to admit that at least the raw talent is astronomical WITHOUT any caveats (unlike Kaepernick, who always had a slow release and was never a comfortable pocket passer), you're too conservative.

Then add his family background, with TWO big time professional athletes in his life to guide him from childhood, and you know he has the character make up to be great as well, and really, I'd bet my children's lives that within a couple years he's going to be elite for years to come- if he isn't already.

Only weakness he has is aggressiveness. Just wait. This dude is going to be the best QB in the league as soon as Brady, Rodgers and Brees retire.

Most first round picks at QB are off the Charts in College, it's why they are first round picks, even some that have off the charts body of works in college fall into later rounds, guys like Montana and Wilson, you should know that.
By “off the charts” I don’t mean statistically (although he was off the charts statistically). I mean in percentage of his throws that would have been difficult even for NFL qbs. I’m presuming you’ve watched his college tape? Compare itnto Watson, for example. Mahomes college tape makes Watson look pedestrian. He looked like a Favre clone in college. That’s what I meant by off the charts.

Statistically speaking, Garoppolo was “off the charts” in college. But he will never be half the qb Mahomes can be, because Mahomes can throw a ball 80 yards from his knees, AND he can throw it sixty while in a congested pocket under duress and have it still hit the target in stride.

I’m tellig you, man. He’s the next great one, and he’s just getting started.

My god, don't think Chiefs fans would make such claims, and he's THEIR GUY!

Let's let it play out a bit before declaring Mahomes the new GOAT QB 15 years in advance.

I followed him from college and quite frankly I've never seen a college QB with his talent. Ever. Now, my years of watching college football don't go back long enough to have seen some of the more recent NFL Hall of Fame inductions, but seriously, I've never seen anyone more talented in college with my own eyes during their college career. And yeah, he'll have a few four INT games, because he's a serious risk taker, but when he's on he's Robo QB.

So I'm not basing this just on his 10 TDs this year. I really, really, REALLY wanted the 49ers to get him, and was really hoping he went under the radar due to the system they ran.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
He's clearly the son of a god. Zeus must have borked his mom behind his dad's back. I anticipate he will emasculate the 49ers next week.

kobebryant

Reaction score
With that defense though I feel a 2013 Broncos ending to their season on the horizon. No fault of Mahomes, but the way that team is so offense heavy with a garbage D I can absolutely see them getting bulldozed by the Jags,Rams or Vikings this winter.

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2nyoqlqt said:
chris98251":2nyoqlqt said:
5_Golden_Rings":2nyoqlqt said:
chris98251":2nyoqlqt said:
Ried made McNabb look good also, lets see his body of work before we call him the second coming of Brett Farve.
His body of work in college was off the charts. His body of work in the NFL so far is off the charts. His physical ability is unquestionably Hall of Fame level elite, and not in the sense of Jaws claiming Kaepernick was; in the sense of John Elway coming out of college.

If you are afraid to admit that at least the raw talent is astronomical WITHOUT any caveats (unlike Kaepernick, who always had a slow release and was never a comfortable pocket passer), you're too conservative.

Then add his family background, with TWO big time professional athletes in his life to guide him from childhood, and you know he has the character make up to be great as well, and really, I'd bet my children's lives that within a couple years he's going to be elite for years to come- if he isn't already.

Only weakness he has is aggressiveness. Just wait. This dude is going to be the best QB in the league as soon as Brady, Rodgers and Brees retire.

Most first round picks at QB are off the Charts in College, it's why they are first round picks, even some that have off the charts body of works in college fall into later rounds, guys like Montana and Wilson, you should know that.
By “off the charts” I don’t mean statistically (although he was off the charts statistically). I mean in percentage of his throws that would have been difficult even for NFL qbs. I’m presuming you’ve watched his college tape? Compare itnto Watson, for example. Mahomes college tape makes Watson look pedestrian. He looked like a Favre clone in college. That’s what I meant by off the charts.

Statistically speaking, Garoppolo was “off the charts” in college. But he will never be half the qb Mahomes can be, because Mahomes can throw a ball 80 yards from his knees, AND he can throw it sixty while in a congested pocket under duress and have it still hit the target in stride.

Woah.

I think we need to slow down a bit. I really like Mahomes coming out of college as well and he was the guy I wanted the Niners to take, but I'm not going anywhere near as far as you did here.

There have been ALOT of guys who could trow the ball like that. Many called them "the next great one".

Heres the thing tho...the guys almost universally called the best ever didn't have arms anything like that. Who can he be? He can be John Elway in his prime. That would be awesome...but he's got a LONG, LONG way to go before that happens. He's also got possibly the most electric skill position players in the NFL.

There WILL come a point this season where he runs into a buzzsaw. I hope its this week because they play the Niners but I ain't counting on it. There will come a time when he's shown as mortal...but its been a fun few weeks here to open the season for sure if you're a Chiefs fan.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Marvin49":1s2dzxu0 said:
5_Golden_Rings":1s2dzxu0 said:
chris98251":1s2dzxu0 said:
5_Golden_Rings":1s2dzxu0 said:

Woah.

I think we need to slow down a bit. I really like Mahomes coming out of college as well and he was the guy I wanted the Niners to take, but I'm not going anywhere near as far as you did here.

There have been ALOT of guys who could trow the ball like that. Many called them "the next great one".

Heres the thing tho...the guys almost universally called the best ever didn't have arms anything like that. Who can he be? He can be John Elway in his prime. That would be awesome...but he's got a LONG, LONG way to go before that happens. He's also got possibly the most electric skill position players in the NFL.

There WILL come a point this season where he runs into a buzzsaw. I hope its this week because they play the Niners but I ain't counting on it. There will come a time when he's shown as mortal...but its been a fun few weeks here to open the season for sure if you're a Chiefs fan.
That’s the thing though. He grew up around professional sports- both his father and god father were pro athletes, so he was raised with the right temperament to be great.

Add to that the ridiculous young talent around him and the top level offensive coaching, and his insane physical talent and INSTINCTS (which are way underrated with him), and he has a yellow brick road to the Hall of Fame laid out before him. All he has to do is stay on the path.

Easier said than done, but very doable.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Threedee":3i3y9mdk said:
I've been debating whether the scorn heaped upon Alex Smith was justified or mostly a product of Reid's conservative playcalling. It seems that Smith really does just suck.

Smith is like Bradford, Tannehill etc. a serviceable QB. If at least two other units are outstanding, you have a shot at the playoffs.

Ozzy

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":2h4d8vug said:
God, I would take Mahomes or Watson any day over Wilson.

Watson over Wilson? I absolutely love Mahomes but that's a stretch too at this point. I do think he's going be a star but lets not discount what Wilson has done with what he's working with. He's the second highest rated passer in history in a scheme that isn't conducive to that. Wilson is really, really good even if Seattle fans have a hard time understanding that.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":24p3ihv7 said:
5_Golden_Rings":24p3ihv7 said:
chris98251":24p3ihv7 said:
5_Golden_Rings":24p3ihv7 said:

Woah.

Good post.

And let's not forget alllllll the hype surrounding Luck/RG3, Winston/Mariota, etc.

Mahomes has the best collection of skill players in the NFL right now and a QB friendly coach. But I want to see what he does over the course of an entire season.

NFL teams having tape on him will make a difference going forward.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
BTW imagine for a second that Wilson had:

Tyreek Hill/Sammy Watkins
Kelce and Hunt

Yikes.

94Smith

Reaction score
Ramfan128":zauss40n said:
BTW imagine for a second that Wilson had:

Tyreek Hill/Sammy Watkins
Kelce and Hunt

Yikes.

And Andy Reid!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2bav0gw7 said:
seahawkfreak":2bav0gw7 said:
Cyrus12":2bav0gw7 said:
And we tried to trade up to get him...guessing russ would of been elsewhere if that happened

We did, don't remember. Any evidence of that?

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahaw ... api_public

I also recall on draft day a story where the hawks tried to trade up to a spot where they would of been in position to get him. Would of been interesting.

This story says they would've considered him at their spot. Nothing about trying to.trade up to get him.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
So yeah, does anyone still doubt that he is the Sonn of the Mighty Zeus? This guy is the next great one, end of discussion.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":5nh7ml3n said:
So yeah, does anyone still doubt that he is the Sonn of the Mighty Zeus? This guy is the next great one, end of discussion.

I'm not going to anoint anyone a "great one", even a future one, until they do it for awhile and through tough times. It's not like he's faced much adversity at this point.

rlkats

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2xndtz7m said:

The top QB’s put bad teams away. Not let them get within 11 and only score 3 points in the whole second half. He has little tape on him. So please stop with the Smoke blowing. We are a crap team and lost by 11. If he was god so to speak he would have destroyed us.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
rlkats":3s27s74y said:
5_Golden_Rings":3s27s74y said:

The top QB’s put bad teams away. Not let them get within 11 and only score 3 points in the whole second half. He has little tape on him. So please stop with the Smoke blowing. We are a crap team and lost by 11. If he was god so to speak he would have destroyed us.
The top teams? Let's see... what is it, an NFL record of 13 touchdowns and zero picks in three games, going against three pretty good offenses who did a decent job of holding on to the ball?

When is long enough for you doubters to eat the crow?

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":184p33bd said:
rlkats":184p33bd said:
5_Golden_Rings":184p33bd said:

The top teams? Let's see... what is it, an NFL record of 13 touchdowns and zero picks in three games, going against three pretty good offenses who did a decent job of holding on to the ball?

When is long enough for you doubters to eat the crow?

Not 3 games. Are you high?