Browns v. Jets

mistaowen

Reaction score
Baker proving he should have been starting since the first game

MrThortan

Reaction score
That turned out to be a fun game. Browns get their win! :0190l:
If Tyrod starts again next week their coaches are crazy. Baker earned the starting position.

telerion

Reaction score
They’re getting that feeling here tonight maybe a lot like we had back in 2012.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Baker looked better in the 4th than Russ did in any part of the first 2 games so far.

mistaowen

Reaction score
hue jackson says he has to watch tape to determine QB for next week. he will likely still start Tyrod. browns gonna browns

Smellyman

Reaction score
Anybody with eyes and a brain knew Mayfield was the best qb in the draft. Surprisingly, so did the Browns.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":3d3ye0lz said:
hue jackson says he has to watch tape to determine QB for next week. he will likely still start Tyrod. browns gonna browns

What tape is he going to watch-Tyrod's high school highlights?? Horrible mistake if he actually starts Taylor. Ultra impressive debut tonight by Mayfield.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Long week to help Mayfield prepare . . . not sure who their opponent is next week but I don't see how you don't stick with Mayfield.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Kind of interesting how Cleveland has literally blown almost every QB high draft pick it had, but as soon as they brought in McCloughan to advise they seem to have finally gotten it right.

It is also interesting how when they made the pick, it was somewhat panned. A lot of pundits thought there were better options and that they could have gotten him for cheaper. Kind of how people reacted to us picking Irvin actually.

It is also interesting after all this time of bringing in FAs that contribute nothing, suddenly the Browns seem to have FAs like Landry that contribute immediately.

Not a surprise though, since Scot was on the 49ers staff when they brought in their stars like Bowman and then he came here to bring us guys like Sherman and Kam.

I told you that once the Browns got him they were going to start their turnaround. I still think the Browns ownership is a nightmare but Scot does a good job spinning straw into gold - or at least finding the gold in there.

Admittedly, it IS the Jets but they have been playing everyone better so far.

OP
OP
Seahawk_Dan

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
mistaowen":jvbq7exa said:

If Jackson seriously starts Tyrod over Mayfield then he should be fired on the spot.

ivotuk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3auc53gq said:
Kind of interesting how Cleveland has literally blown almost every QB high draft pick it had, but as soon as they brought in McCloughan to advise they seem to have finally gotten it right.

It is also interesting how when they made the pick, it was somewhat panned. A lot of pundits thought there were better options and that they could have gotten him for cheaper. Kind of how people reacted to us picking Irvin actually.

It is also interesting after all this time of bringing in FAs that contribute nothing, suddenly the Browns seem to have FAs like Landry that contribute immediately.

Not a surprise though, since Scot was on the 49ers staff when they brought in their stars like Bowman and then he came here to bring us guys like Sherman and Kam.

I told you that once the Browns got him they were going to start their turnaround. I still think the Browns ownership is a nightmare but Scot does a good job spinning straw into gold - or at least finding the gold in there.

I was hoping for Fletcher Cox in that draft, but we basically traded him away for a mediocre player. I thought Bruce would be a lot better than he is, but I still preferred Fletcher.

Hugh Jackson better start Baker or he'll have a mutiny on his hand.s

OP
OP
Seahawk_Dan

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
ivotuk":rey0o7vp said:
Hugh Jackson better start Baker or he'll have a mutiny on his hand.s

I don't think he could get away starting Tyrod now. Cleveland snapped a 19 game losing streak. The first game won since Dec. 24th, 2016 and the QB in at that point and time was Baker Mayfield. That right there to the Cleveland faithful will have given him immediate superstar/savior status. It also helps that he played well last night too coming into the second half of the game. The fans will want him no matter what.

If Jackson plays these little games and goes for Tyrod there's gonna be a few Cleveland steamers on his front lawn.

JimmyG

Reaction score
mistaowen":2erpkkl9 said:
It's almost as if coaches use lip service and politically correct answers when communicating with the media.

chris98251

Reaction score
JimmyG":3fc21eoy said:
mistaowen":3fc21eoy said:
It's almost as if coaches use lip service and politically correct answers when communicating with the media.

2 things, it's the Browns, and it's Hue.

Plus the consistency at QB has been an issue for a while now in Brownieville.

Browns quarterbacks since they re-entered the NFL in 1999: Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thaddeus Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Robert Griffin III, Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1sxwam8v said:

I think it’s the sauce and “powdered sugar” that give Scot his powers, tbh. “Alternative perception,” if you will.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":215nqvbm said:
mistaowen":215nqvbm said:

If Jackson seriously starts Tyrod over Mayfield then he should be fired on the spot.
Pretty much. And they have a good OC with HC experience just waiting in the wings. He’s no Hue Jackson but I think he could do it.

Latest posts