Garoppolo tore his ACL, out for season.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Rat":3krgjykt said:
Marvin49":3krgjykt said:
Rat":3krgjykt said:
Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?

I agree. Kaep put up decent stats for his last few games in 2016-17 even without an offense tailor-made for him (or really anything else). Dissly looks decent to work with him. The Niners are in a no-win situation (well, unless against the Cards), so why not.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1h9z65yn said:
Marvin49":1h9z65yn said:
chris98251":1h9z65yn said:
adeltaY":1h9z65yn said:
So are the seahawks ever gonna face a niners team starting Jimmy G? Seems like it's been a long time coming and it won't happen for at least another year

Won't matter the excuse will be if he was the same guy we traded for it would have been different.

...be careful. That sword cuts both ways.

If the Niners sweep Seattle WITHOUT Jimmy it'll be far, FAR worse.

Hold your horses, Trigger. Maybe the 49ers should try beating the Hawks ONCE before they focus on sweeping them.

To be clear, I'm not making a prediction here. I fully expect Seattle to win. All I'm sayin is don't count yer eggs yet.

The comment I'm responding presupposes that NEXT year Seattle beats SF yet again with Jimmy under center and assumes an excuse will be given as to why.

All I'M sayin is imagine the Niners beating Seattle without Jimmy and see how this site reacts.

EDIT: ...and BTW the talk of the streak is funny to me. I had completely forgotten about it. Why? ...because for a few years now the 49ers have been losing to everyone. when you are losing 10+ games every year, you kinda lose track of the "to whom" part.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":221q0jhp said:
EDIT: ...and BTW the talk of the streak is funny to me. I had completely forgotten about it. Why? ...because for a few years now the 49ers have been losing to everyone. when you are losing 10+ games every year, you kinda lose track of the "to whom" part.
No, you don't; you just said it: to everyone.

:lol:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":rv84d74v said:
UK_Seahawk":rv84d74v said:
5_Golden_Rings":rv84d74v said:
Well there goes any hope of a competitive season.
You were hardly setting the league alight with that over rated and over paid nobody.

You mean like the Hawks, last I check both Hawks and 49ers are 1-2.

I didnt know they couldnt be mutually exclusive.

Someone a bit tearful about Jimmy Getuprealslow?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2x86ge9s said:
Rat":2x86ge9s said:
Marvin49":2x86ge9s said:
Rat":2x86ge9s said:
Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?

I agree. Kaep put up decent stats for his last few games in 2016-17 even without an offense tailor-made for him (or really anything else). Dissly looks decent to work with him. The Niners are in a no-win situation (well, unless against the Cards), so why not.
That offense WAS tailor-made for him. BOTH were. Under Tomsula they constructed the offense to fitnhis preferences, and Chip Kelly’s scheme is perfect for Kap.

Shanahan’s is NOT. Shanahan requires all the things Kap is bad at: anticipatory throwing, touch, option routes based on post-snap coverage reads (this os related to anticipatory throwing), routes that require precise timing with the qb’s release, etc.

The only thing Shanahan’s offenses does a lot of that Kap is good at is bootleg passes.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
toffee":233p2ode said:
http://nypost.com/2018/09/24/karma-jimmy-garoppolos-ex-reacts-to-scary-injury/

Karma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the outside, it does look like the way he treated her was a dick move.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
So with the Cardinals not starting Bradford, it doesn't make sense to have him active - they can save money by not having him active.

Have to wonder if they did cut him (which IMO makes sense - save what money you can from what was obviously a mistake), then you have to wonder if the Niners would sign him

94Smith

Reaction score
No way any of the FAs the 49ers sign see the field for a very long time. They are going to see all they have in Beathard and perhaps Mullens before they go that route. It makes sense, they need to know what they have and also increase any potential trade value they might have if one of them balls out. (I'm not holding my breath)

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Marvin49":12b0ov1u said:
chris98251":12b0ov1u said:
adeltaY":12b0ov1u said:
So are the seahawks ever gonna face a niners team starting Jimmy G? Seems like it's been a long time coming and it won't happen for at least another year

Won't matter the excuse will be if he was the same guy we traded for it would have been different.

...be careful. That sword cuts both ways.

Pretty sure that was a Beathard led 49er team that the Hawks only scored 12 points on and won by 3 at home.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1xlrngm3 said:
So with the Cardinals not starting Bradford, it doesn't make sense to have him active - they can save money by not having him active.

Have to wonder if they did cut him (which IMO makes sense - save what money you can from what was obviously a mistake), then you have to wonder if the Niners would sign him

Bradford is a proven non-starter; CJB probably is better but could be glass.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ewqjqy5 said:

Hahahahaha.

You’re talking about “sweeping” the Seahawks? Really? LOL.

How about win a game first? 49ers have not beaten the Seahawks in their last nine tries, since 2013.

Learn your place. Yes, losing a game to the Whiners would be bad. No, I do not think that will happen.

toffee

Reaction score
Looks like 9ers fans will never find out if GQ was really good or a bust,

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
toffee":2xd2el2e said:

You act like he is retiring. Last I checked it was a five year contract and with a rookie rt playing guard for the first time in hos life at the number one wr out for the first two games, he still had a 90+ rating on the year, with three dropped tds. Looked better than average this year and he’s only started 10 games. Pretty sure he’ll be back and he’ll improve.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":235xwr07 said:
toffee":235xwr07 said:

You act like he is retiring. Last I checked it was a five year contract and with a rookie rt playing guard for the first time in hos life at the number one wr out for the first two games, he still had a 90+ rating on the year, with three dropped tds. Looked better than average this year and he’s only started 10 games. Pretty sure he’ll be back and he’ll improve.

Above average is too strong, but definitely average/low end starter; which is a bit better than what the 9ers have had in recent years. No reason he can’t improve (assuming he makes it through a season), you see some nice things from time to time.

rjas77

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":pyxlxbom said:
Bradford is a proven non-starter; CJB probably is better but could be glass.

LOL...CBJ did beat Bradford in a game where the winner made the playoffs and the loser went home ;)

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3r5neqa1 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3r5neqa1 said:
toffee":3r5neqa1 said:

Above average is too strong, but definitely average/low end starter; which is a bit better than what the 9ers have had in recent years. No reason he can’t improve (assuming he makes it through a season), you see some nice things from time to time.
I disagree. Even this season I saw him make plays only about four or five qbs in the league can. He has two elite traits: one is throwing short passes while falling backward with a man in his face, the other is a fast release. Everything else about him is average. By my arithmetic, that makes him “above average.”

Popeyejones

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":26mja93b said:
He has two elite traits: one is throwing short passes while falling backward with a man in his face, the other is a fast release. Everything else about him is average. By my arithmetic, that makes him “above average.”

Man that's a great summary of JGQ so far.

It woulda taken me 500 words to get to those three short sentences. :lol:

Well done, man. :2thumbs: