Pat Mahomes

adeltaY

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3ff9gdrl said:
rlkats":3ff9gdrl said:
5_Golden_Rings":3ff9gdrl said:
So yeah, does anyone still doubt that he is the Sonn of the Mighty Zeus? This guy is the next great one, end of discussion.

The top QB’s put bad teams away. Not let them get within 11 and only score 3 points in the whole second half. He has little tape on him. So please stop with the Smoke blowing. We are a crap team and lost by 11. If he was god so to speak he would have destroyed us.
The top teams? Let's see... what is it, an NFL record of 13 touchdowns and zero picks in three games, going against three pretty good offenses who did a decent job of holding on to the ball?

When is long enough for you doubters to eat the crow?

It is a team sport... it might not be the QB's fault that the other team came back. Also 11 points is a two-score lead. It's not a blowout, but it's a convincing win. Were the Chiefs supposed to put up 45?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
adeltaY":1exoxo5x said:
5_Golden_Rings":1exoxo5x said:
rlkats":1exoxo5x said:
5_Golden_Rings":1exoxo5x said:
So yeah, does anyone still doubt that he is the Sonn of the Mighty Zeus? This guy is the next great one, end of discussion.

The top QB’s put bad teams away. Not let them get within 11 and only score 3 points in the whole second half. He has little tape on him. So please stop with the Smoke blowing. We are a crap team and lost by 11. If he was god so to speak he would have destroyed us.
The top teams? Let's see... what is it, an NFL record of 13 touchdowns and zero picks in three games, going against three pretty good offenses who did a decent job of holding on to the ball?

When is long enough for you doubters to eat the crow?

It is a team sport... it might not be the QB's fault that the other team came back. Also 11 points is a two-score lead. It's not a blowout, but it's a convincing win. Were the Chiefs supposed to put up 45?
That's my point. The offense scores nearly 40 points and this guy claims it's Mahomes fault the games weren't complete blowouts.

PackerNation

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3vwrzv5n said:

No doubt. Amazing arm strength and wheels. Can he do it all year after he gets dinged up a bit and gets in some pressure situations.

gttpG9x.gif

Smellyman

Reaction score
PackerNation":1ikp10vh said:
5_Golden_Rings":1ikp10vh said:

No doubt. Amazing arm strength and wheels. Can he do it all year after he gets dinged up a bit and gets in some pressure situations.

gttpG9x.gif

That looks familiar.
Poll 2013 rw cardinals

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Smellyman":15warxe6 said:
PackerNation":15warxe6 said:
5_Golden_Rings":15warxe6 said:

gttpG9x.gif

That looks familiar.
Poll 2013 rw cardinals
Mahomes can do some of what Wilson does, but when it comes to escaping pressure, Wilson stands alone. However, Mahomes THROWS under pressure so well that I don’t even think it matters much for him.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Dude has the best weapons in the NFL. Throwing to mostly open WRs though, so tough to gauge him right now.

They also have played three really bad defenses, which doesn't help.

But remember: Deshaun Watson was doing this for a spell last year. This year is completely different. When teams get more tape on him and notice his tendencies, I expect he'll regress a bit.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2kmcss0n said:
Dude has the best weapons in the NFL. Throwing to mostly open WRs though, so tough to gauge him right now.

But remember: Deshaun Watson was doing this for a spell last year. This year is completely different. When teams get more tape on him and notice his tendencies, I expect he'll regress a bit.

Dak Prescott was the bees knees too.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ramfan128":160r4u6p said:

Watson wasn't necessarily throwing to wide open receivers all the time, he was profiting on high risk/high reward throws that happened to go his way. A lot of tosses up to Nuk in double coverage, a lot of escaping pressure like he was playing Madden and keeping plays alive for ages, which Mahomes does, although much less often. Also, Watson was throwing INTable passes and picks at a very high rate and Mahomes doesn't have any INT.

Mahomes has a better scheme and slightly better supporting cast than Watson. The big difference is that the Chiefs OL is very good and the Texans' OL is awful and injured.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
So, any of you unbelievers ready to jump on the 2018 MVP's bandwagon yet?

[youtube]k-lupCdeT6s[/youtube]

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
So now he’s at 2223 yards, 22 TDs and 5 INTs. Not a lot room left on the “I told you so” bandwagon for 2018’s MVP.

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":zwexv33h said:
So now he’s at 2223 yards, 22 TDs and 5 INTs. Not a lot room left on the “I told you so” bandwagon for 2018’s MVP.

Oh yeah there is, Brady, he is always in the discussion somehow and if they make a big run and Brady starts come from behind magic look out. The other aspect is lets see where the Cheifs end up come the play offs, Andy Reid has always had bad luck it seems when his teams get there.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":3ro21q4a said:
5_Golden_Rings":3ro21q4a said:

Oh yeah there is, Brady, he is always in the discussion somehow and if they make a big run and Brady starts come from behind magic look out. The other aspect is lets see where the Cheifs end up come the play offs, Andy Reid has always had bad luck it seems when his teams get there.

If he keeps up at this pace even Brady won’t be able to snatch the MVP trophy. 7 games in he is on pace for 50 touchdown passes. If we weren’t almost half way through the season you could call it a fluke, but the odds of him not hitting at least 40 TDs is getting smaller every day, and if he hits 40 he’s almost sure to get it. 9 games to get 18 td passes for a guy who has hit at least 3 for 63% of his starts.

Not to mention the impending return of Houston and Berry.

They’d have to have unusual bad luck to not get a great playoff position. Assuming they come back, I think things will go differently this time for the Chiefs.

But even if Mahomes doesn’t win the MVP, he’s still played at a level high enough that many rounds of crow should be served. Because if “See? He didn’t win the MVP!” is where the goal posts have been moved, I’d say the argument about him is over.

lobohawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":pc8b91et said:
chris98251":pc8b91et said:
5_Golden_Rings":pc8b91et said:

If he keeps up at this pace even Brady won’t be able to snatch the MVP trophy. 7 games in he is on pace for 50 touchdown passes. If we weren’t almost half way through the season you could call it a fluke, but the odds of him not hitting at least 40 TDs is getting smaller every day, and if he hits 40 he’s almost sure to get it. 9 games to get 18 td passes for a guy who has hit at least 3 for 63% of his starts.

They’d have to have unusual bad luck to not get a great playoff position. Assuming they come back, I think things will go differently this time for the Chiefs.

But even if Mahomes doesn’t win the MVP, he’s still played at a level high enough that many rounds of crow should be served. Because if “See? He didn’t win the MVP!” is where the goal posts have been moved, I’d say the argument about him is over.

He's lined up well for the MVP, but the chiefs have the look of a hot team with a new QB which will get knocked outta of the playoffs. Good job for Mahomes, but we'll need to watch year two of starting to get a better feel for his ability or he might pull a Dak and come back to earth.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
lobohawk":2r9wiumv said:
5_Golden_Rings":2r9wiumv said:
chris98251":2r9wiumv said:
5_Golden_Rings":2r9wiumv said:

He's lined up well for the MVP, but the chiefs have the look of a hot team with a new QB which will get knocked outta of the playoffs. Good job for Mahomes, but we'll need to watch year two of starting to get a better feel for his ability or he might pull a Dak and come back to earth.

Mahomes is a far better fundamentally at the QB position than DAK. I don't foresee him having much of a slump.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":mniux5ty said:

:lol:

Well said.

If the Chiefs don't win it will be because of their defense.

And, I mean, Mahomes is set up for success in that he's got an innovative offense that's designed for him to succeed and he's surrounded by an exceptional group of skill players, but that doesn't take anything away from him.

If anything, he's on the VERY high end of what we expected from him: he's kind of high variance in that he misses some easy things and makes some mistakes, but even with all of the cards in his favor he's still making magic out of horse sh!t on a fair number of plays too.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Geez he’s at it again. So far 3 more TDs in 17-23 passing. We’ll see if he has a meltdown, but so far it appears to be a different week, same story: Mahomes playing like the MVP. I was a bit irritated when Lynch passed on him last year, but most people were counting on the spread offense dropping him in the draft. Now I’m starting to be really pissed at Lynch for it. Mahomes is every bit the high character young man as Thomas, so what was the point of drafting Thomas when Armstead and Buckner were already here? I love Garoppolo and the quick decision making and release he has. But I’d take Mahomes over him in an instant. He does the same things but with a Favre-like rocket arm.

God I can’t keep doing this to myself.

Edit- Scratch that ^^^ In the time it took to make that post he threw TD number 4. Smmfh.

Mahomes = MVP

94Smith

Reaction score
Shanahan pretty much said in an interview that they didn’t consider drafting Mahomes or Watson because they knew they were going to get Kirk Cousins in the offseason. The rest will be history.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
94Smith":3o73q3rm said:
Shanahan pretty much said in an interview that they didn’t consider drafting Mahomes or Watson because they knew they were going to get Kirk Cousins in the offseason. The rest will be history.
Ouch!

94Smith

Reaction score
I’m good with Garoppolo. Just wish he was playing. I think Mahomes has a lot of talent around him and possibly would not have had the same success in the 49ers