Does anyone want a team in London?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":206llgqq said:
chris98251":206llgqq said:
They were saying 9 hour flight in the broadcast.
9 hrs? From NYC to maybe Frankfurt but not London and certainly not NYC to Seattle. What flight were they talking about?

I think they referenced the Seattle to London in that flight.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":l7mrfdps said:
MD5eahawks":l7mrfdps said:
chris98251":l7mrfdps said:
They were saying 9 hour flight in the broadcast.
9 hrs? From NYC to maybe Frankfurt but not London and certainly not NYC to Seattle. What flight were they talking about?

I think they referenced the Seattle to London in that flight.
That makes better sense. It's around 9.5 non-stop. Either way, it's still too long to be flying for a team to be in London. They really need to just nix this experiment.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It would be a team with no avenue to acquire talented free agents. Too much of a competitive disadvantage, and I think a team there would perpetually suck.

What highly touted FA or budding star entering his second contract is going to want to:

1. Live in England half the year with its cost of living.
2. Live in England half the year with a culture very different than they are accustomed to.
3.Pay taxes higher than they would have to in the US (guessing...no research)
4. Travel to the USA 8 times a year or have to spend a substantial time on the road in a hotel to play multiple games consecutively in the states.

They wouldn’t be able to keep or get anyone. It mught actually hurt the product in the UK long term.

rjdriver

Reaction score
And I know this is counter to my argument about not being to field a great team, but can you imagine the logistical nightmare if a London team finished with HFA... or worse, the following:

A scenario where they played week 17 on the road.. Then hosted WC Playoff game 1, travelled to Playoff game 2 (and won), then back to London for playoff game 3 because the number 1 seed lost?

Vesuve

Reaction score
London? no.

Travel time.

But the powers that be, will internationalize the game if it's worth it.

$$$$$$$.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
It would be a logistical nightmare. At the moment the international games are scheduled mid season with a bye week for the teams afterwards. How would it work if the London team got home field advantage in the play offs?