Amari Cooper to Cowboys for 1st Round Pick

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":ukd9tjpv said:
TAB420":ukd9tjpv said:
And what did we give for Lynch? That's what makes this way different.

But he was worth more than we gave up. A first rounder would have been a bargain for what Lynch gave us. We fleeced Buffalo.

That was not the consensus at the time, Mediots and many here thought he was a head case and not very good if he got beat out by another back and was benched.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":q6lw6y2t said:
Maulbert":q6lw6y2t said:
TAB420":q6lw6y2t said:
And what did we give for Lynch? That's what makes this way different.

But he was worth more than we gave up. A first rounder would have been a bargain for what Lynch gave us. We fleeced Buffalo.

That was not the consensus at the time, Mediots and many here thought he was a head case and not very good if he got beat out by another back and was benched.

You know, I might add, my original comment had nothing to do with what Dallas gave up, just that Cooper is still young and has produced in the past, so no one should write him off.

Fade

Reaction score
Fantastic trade for the Raiders.

Three 1st rounders in '19, two 1st rounders in '20. + $75M in cap space. They can aggressively rebuild the team over the next 2 years.

Next on the docket: Fire Cable, and trade Carr for a 1st.

For Dallas it makes some sense as they desperately need an infusion of talent at the WR position. The thing is though QBs & Scheme make WRs good more times than not. Wide Receiver is the most overvalued position $$$$ wise in the NFL.

This is a massive overpay for Dallas.

Raiders Grade: A+

Dallas Grade: D+

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Of course, they get an F- for letting Mack go. And I wouldn't trust that team will pick the right players in the draft. But, they are definitely setting up nicely for a rebuild.

evergreen

Reaction score
Yeah. Mack, cooper and Carr would have cost a lot! It’s what we should’ve done with Bennet, Sherman, Kam and Earl when we had the chance. All we would’ve missed was last year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
evergreen":3u38z30t said:
Yeah. Mack, cooper and Carr would have cost a lot! It’s what we should’ve done with Bennet, Sherman, Kam and Earl when we had the chance. All we would’ve missed was last year.

I think we would still have some of the staff still on the team. Dunno if that would have helped us.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Fade":1ztnz2tv said:
Next on the docket: Fire Cable,

Why fire him? The way things have been going for them lately, they could probably trade him for a 2nd round pick.

:sarcasm_off:

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think this is a great trade for the Cowboys. First round picks are WAY overrated. Half of them (or more?) are busts anyway. Cooper is a good receiver and could be special. Like with Harvin, the problem with the trade wasn't the draft pick, it was the money. The only downside I see with Cooper is that he doesn't have much in the way of cheap years left and they'll have to decide soon if they want to keep him or not.

Raiders are clearly building for Vegas, which isn't a bad idea. It's so far off Mack and Cooper would have less in front of them than behind them by that point. Hopefully for their sake they are able to hit on draft picks (certainly not a guarantee, see above). But let's all be honest, we don't like the Raiders and want them to suck. But all of that changes once they are in Vegas. I'm not saying I'll be a Raiders fan when they move to Vegas, but I'll certainly want to see them do well so that their home games are awesome.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Cooper is a "good WR" yet. Athletic and talented with potential but also with some huge flaws.

Wrote Scott Barrett of PFF: “Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).”