Rams @ 49ers 39-10, expert feedback wanted

Marvin49

Reaction score
...and to you Rams fans,

Gratz. You have a very good team on your hands this year. Combo of really good talent and a talented HC. Could go far.

Way jealous of Todd Gurley and Aaron Donald. Niners have nothing like Gurley. DeForest Buckner is a very good DT, but nobody is in Donalds class. He's a game wrecker.

It will be alot of fun in a few years when the Niners have more weapons on offense and get the ones they have healthy again to see Shanahan and McVay duke it out. :D

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":3jt2ik4f said:
...and to you Rams fans,

Gratz. You have a very good team on your hands this year. Combo of really good talent and a talented HC. Could go far.

Way jealous of Todd Gurley and Aaron Donald. Niners have nothing like Gurley. DeForest Buckner is a very good DT, but nobody is in Donalds class. He's a game wrecker.

It will be alot of fun in a few years when the Niners have more weapons on offense and get the ones they have healthy again to see Shanahan and McVay duke it out. :D

Yea it's still a little surreal. I think we only have three guys on the roster that have ever even won a playoff game - Talib, Cooks and Sullivan (assuming Sullivan did at some point) - with a fanbase that's still used to 4-7 win seasons. And yet at this point it sort of feels like not winning the super bowl would be a disappointment.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":3fz3bebf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3fz3bebf said:
Popeyejones":3fz3bebf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3fz3bebf said:
I standby my previous statement.

Kyle Shannahan is the problem.

Prove me wrong.

Playing with their backup QB, 3rd and 4th string running backs, and WRs who can't stay on the field the 9ers are 13th in the league in offensive yards per game.

If you think that's just because they're down and gobbling up yards while playing catch up, they're 2nd in rushing yards per game, so we can disprove that one too.

There.

You're wrong.

Have a nice day.

:lol: :2thumbs:

It starts at the top. Beathard isn't that bad. Aside from his short stint at Atlanta. When has Shanny been successful? He's a garbage coach. We're talking Jeff Fisher bad here folks.

"Beathard isn't that bad".

I actually do agree with that on some level, but the dude has turned the ball over 8 times in three weeks. The dude is constantly throwing late.

When the Niners switched to Garoppolo last year this is what happened...

Yards Per Game: 321 / 410
Points Per Game: 17 / 28.8
Yards per play: 4.9 / 6.1
Passing yards per game: 221.8 / 297
Passer Rating: 72.6 / 94.0
Passing Yards per Attempt: 5.66 (29th in NFL) / 8.44 (1st in NFL)

So...yeah. SLIGHT dropoff from Garoppolo to Beathard.

Beathard makes some good throws from time to time and he's a tough kid, but he CONSTANTLY holds the ball too long and throws late. This results in sacks, fumbles, and interceptions on contested throws. Additionally...he shows very little pocket presence and seldom steps up which makes it even easier for outside rushers to get to him or the ball.

The 49ers are running the ball right now with their 3rd and 4th RBs on the roster and succeeding. That's scheme. Their leading rusher yesterday was Raheem Mostert. No joke. 59 yards and 8.4 yards per carry. Breida was injured on their first offensive snap of the game and he was the backup to begin with (McKinnon tore ACL in camp).

This team has been beaten over the head with the injury stick. Garoppolo covered alot of the warts late in the year last year and they need another good draft or 2 (tho they have really found a TE in Kittle: 527 yards and 2 TDs in 7 games and he's a great blocker too).

Their WRs are invisible (Garcon not playing well, Goodwin has been hurt and out most of the hear, Pettis has been out for several weeks, Taylor had back surgery and isn't the same) yet they are STILL moving the ball and outside of yesterday putting points on the board.

Saying Shanahan is the problem is comical. His scheme and playcalling is one of the only things going RIGHT. To suggest otherwise pretty much shows you either don't watch the games, don't know what you are watching, or simply want that to be true and are trolling.

The 49ers had no answer for Aaron Donald yesterday, but few teams do. That's why he's a very rich man.

Yeah prior to yesterday the Niners had pretty much overachieved in every game IMO. That's a sign that the coach is doing a great job.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Ramfan128":85rv1fxf said:
Marvin49":85rv1fxf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":85rv1fxf said:
Popeyejones":85rv1fxf said:
Playing with their backup QB, 3rd and 4th string running backs, and WRs who can't stay on the field the 9ers are 13th in the league in offensive yards per game.

If you think that's just because they're down and gobbling up yards while playing catch up, they're 2nd in rushing yards per game, so we can disprove that one too.

There.

You're wrong.

Have a nice day.

It starts at the top. Beathard isn't that bad. Aside from his short stint at Atlanta. When has Shanny been successful? He's a garbage coach. We're talking Jeff Fisher bad here folks.

I actually do agree with that on some level, but the dude has turned the ball over 8 times in three weeks. The dude is constantly throwing late.

Beathard makes some good throws from time to time and he's a tough kid, but he CONSTANTLY holds the ball too long and throws late. This results in sacks, fumbles, and interceptions on contested throws. Additionally...he shows very little pocket presence and seldom steps up which makes it even easier for outside rushers to get to him or the ball.

The 49ers are running the ball right now with their 3rd and 4th RBs on the roster and succeeding. That's scheme. Their leading rusher yesterday was Raheem Mostert. No joke. 59 yards and 8.4 yards per carry. Breida was injured on their first offensive snap of the game and he was the backup to begin with (McKinnon tore ACL in camp).

This team has been beaten over the head with the injury stick. Garoppolo covered alot of the warts late in the year last year and they need another good draft or 2 (tho they have really found a TE in Kittle: 527 yards and 2 TDs in 7 games and he's a great blocker too).

Their WRs are invisible (Garcon not playing well, Goodwin has been hurt and out most of the hear, Pettis has been out for several weeks, Taylor had back surgery and isn't the same) yet they are STILL moving the ball and outside of yesterday putting points on the board.

Saying Shanahan is the problem is comical. His scheme and playcalling is one of the only things going RIGHT. To suggest otherwise pretty much shows you either don't watch the games, don't know what you are watching, or simply want that to be true and are trolling.

The 49ers had no answer for Aaron Donald yesterday, but few teams do. That's why he's a very rich man.

Yeah prior to yesterday the Niners had pretty much overachieved in every game IMO. That's a sign that the coach is doing a great job.

Scheme and playcalling, yup. THAT is where Shanny's skills end. He is overreaching as head-coach and should go back to an OC position. His leadership is failing the Niners. As a Seahawks fan, I'm loving the trainwreck that is SF right now.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ramfan128":jsybnn7e said:
And yet at this point it sort of feels like not winning the super bowl would be a disappointment.

Ah, nah, don't let yourself feel that way. Consistently making the playoffs is about as good as it gets in the NFL. In any given season winning the Super Bowl mostly comes down to chance.

If we judge the best team each year by who was the best record each year, about 75% of the time the best team doesn't win the Super Bowl. It's the consequence of the one-and-done playoff structure, which is itself just part of the game that can't really be changed.

94Smith

Reaction score
Well , we always knew when the schedule came out , the 49ers record would look like crap at this point in the season. The injuries to the QB and RB just made things worse. The combined record of teams we have faced so far is 29-16-2. The Seahawks, for comparison have faced 18-22. No injury to the QB and perhaps we would be sitting at 3-4 at best.

Things should get better in the second half of the season as long as the team doesn't quit. The 49ers remaining schedule has a record of 25-32. For comparison , the Seahawks face a remaining schedule of 38-30-2 and that is with facing us twice.

The offense producing turnovers is predictable with the talent down grade. The more worrisome stat is the lack of turnovers from the defense

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":wuvu59kv said:
Ramfan128":wuvu59kv said:
Marvin49":wuvu59kv said:
Sox-n-Hawks":wuvu59kv said:

Scheme and playcalling, yup. THAT is where Shanny's skills end. He is overreaching as head-coach and should go back to an OC position. His leadership is failing the Niners. As a Seahawks fan, I'm loving the trainwreck that is SF right now.

So the players love him, The team hasn't quit despite an insane injury streak and one of the harder schedules in the NFL...

....but he sucks.

SMDH. I'd be critical of Shanahan if I thought he were the problem. He's not. They don't have the horses and the ones they do have are at the Vet. Its really not complicated.

What do you think he Seahawks record would be if they lost Wilson in week 3, lost Carson before the season, Davis is constantly hurt, Lockett got hurt in game 1 and barely played and Baldwin was pretty much invisible?

My guess is you'd be pretty close to the 1-6 record the Niners have and if i suggested Carroll was Fisher-like you'd think I was smoking something.

If I said coaching was the problem on a team missing its starting QB, RB, Backup RB, and missing several WRs for several games, you'd think I was nuts.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
94Smith":1zyhr5h5 said:
Well , we always knew when the schedule came out , the 49ers record would look like crap at this point in the season. The injuries to the QB and RB just made things worse. The combined record of teams we have faced so far is 29-16-2. The Seahawks, for comparison have faced 18-22. No injury to the QB and perhaps we would be sitting at 3-4 at best.

Things should get better in the second half of the season as long as the team doesn't quit. The 49ers remaining schedule has a record of 25-32. For comparison , the Seahawks face a remaining schedule of 38-30-2 and that is with facing us twice.

The offense producing turnovers is predictable with the talent down grade. The more worrisome stat is the lack of turnovers from the defense

Actually I think Seattle is 2-5 with the Niners schedule.

@MIN - L
DET - W
@KC - L
@LAC - L
AZ - W
@GB - L
LAR - L

We already beat them in their house, so that one is easy.

Road games against the Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers and Packers - don't see Seattle winning any of those.

rlkats

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2z1y25wk said:
94Smith":2z1y25wk said:

@MIN - L
DET - W
@KC - L
@LAC - L
AZ - W
@GB - L
LAR - L

Road games against the Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers and Packers - don't see Seattle winning any of those.

I differ. I see the hawks winning 5 of those games. I think they beat the dog snot out of the Pack. The Niners abused that team but good ol Beathard themrew the game away. And Rodgers was as always clutch.

94Smith

Reaction score
rlkats":2g50ifce said:
Ramfan128":2g50ifce said:
94Smith":2g50ifce said:

@MIN - L
DET - W
@KC - L
@LAC - L
AZ - W
@GB - L
LAR - L

I differ. I see the hawks winning 5 of those games. I think they beat the dog snot out of the Pack. The Niners abused that team but good ol Beathard themrew the game away. And Rodgers was as always clutch.

Well they play every team on that list, so we'll see

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Marvin49":1clqwekt said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1clqwekt said:
Ramfan128":1clqwekt said:
Marvin49":1clqwekt said:

So the players love him, The team hasn't quit despite an insane injury streak and one of the harder schedules in the NFL...

....but he sucks.

SMDH. I'd be critical of Shanahan if I thought he were the problem. He's not. They don't have the horses and the ones they do have are at the Vet. Its really not complicated.

What do you think he Seahawks record would be if they lost Wilson in week 3, lost Carson before the season, Davis is constantly hurt, Lockett got hurt in game 1 and barely played and Baldwin was pretty much invisible?

My guess is you'd be pretty close to the 1-6 record the Niners have and if i suggested Carroll was Fisher-like you'd think I was smoking something.

If I said coaching was the problem on a team missing its starting QB, RB, Backup RB, and missing several WRs for several games, you'd think I was nuts.

Right? Because the Head Coach has nothing to do with personnel changes or developing new personnel?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3d6sx7n7 said:
Marvin49":3d6sx7n7 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3d6sx7n7 said:
Ramfan128":3d6sx7n7 said:

....but he sucks.

Right? Because the Head Coach has nothing to do with personnel changes or developing new personnel?

Um, what?

I don't even know what point you are making. If I understand the criticism you are making its that the 49ers aren't 6 deep at WR, 4 deep at RB, or 2 deep at QB so Shanahan sucks. Wow. I guess every coach sucks then.

Its been 1.5 years with Shanahan and Lynch. They've rolled over most of the roster.

They found Garoppolo, Goodwin and Tomlinson in FA/trades and all have played well. The drafted Foster, Kittle, McGlinchey and Warner who are all playing well.

It doesn't happen overnight and in particular when you are CRUSHED with injuries and have one at the most important position in sports.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Marvin49":3hd9va5e said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3hd9va5e said:
Marvin49":3hd9va5e said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3hd9va5e said:

....but he sucks.

Um, what?

I don't even know what point you are making. If I understand the criticism you are making its that the 49ers aren't 6 deep at WR, 4 deep at RB, or 2 deep at QB so Shanahan sucks. Wow. I guess every coach sucks then.

Its been 1.5 years with Shanahan and Lynch. They've rolled over most of the roster.

They found Garoppolo, Goodwin and Tomlinson in FA/trades and all have played well. The drafted Foster, Kittle, McGlinchey and Warner who are all playing well.

It doesn't happen overnight and in particular when you are CRUSHED with injuries and have one at the most important position in sports.

When you put a player on the DL for the rest of the season or get thin at a position, it's YOUR job as the coach to either prepare the next player, or find a new one. It's also your job to assess the skills of your second stringers and make sure they're ready to step up. BTW They're 7 Deep at WR, 4 Deep at RB and 3 Deep at QB. Sorry, but Shanny's backup plan sucks. When Brady tore his ACL in the first game of 2008 Matt Cassel took them to an 11-5 season.

Coaching and Scouting is failing SF and I LOVE it. The biggest front office mistake in the last 20 years on any team was letting Harbaugh go. hahahahah

rlkats

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":lt1ugu6z said:
Marvin49":lt1ugu6z said:
Sox-n-Hawks":lt1ugu6z said:
Marvin49":lt1ugu6z said:

....but he sucks.

Um, what?

When you put a player on the DL for the rest of the season or get thin at a position, it's YOUR job as the coach to either prepare the next player, or find a new one. It's also your job to assess the skills of your second stringers and make sure they're ready to step up. BTW They're 7 Deep at WR, 4 Deep at RB and 3 Deep at QB. Sorry, but Shanny's backup plan sucks. When Brady tore his ACL in the first game of 2008 Matt Cassel took them to an 11-5 season.

Coaching and Scouting is failing SF and I LOVE it. The biggest front office mistake in the last 20 years on any team was letting Harbaugh go. hahahahah

Hahahaha. Now thats rich. Like the hawks second stringers have been amazing. Lol. I guess your main office is a joke along with old Pete. Take the green glasses off and look at your own magnificent back ups. News flash sparky. They suck also. Just a little less than ours.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
rlkats":2uhca2z5 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2uhca2z5 said:
Marvin49":2uhca2z5 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2uhca2z5 said:

Um, what?

Hahahaha. Now thats rich. Like the hawks second stringers have been amazing. Lol. I guess your main office is a joke along with old Pete. Take the green glasses off and look at your own magnificent back ups. News flash sparky. They suck also. Just a little less than ours.

Our front office is still making deals as spots open up, people get injured and move. We've lost by what? A whopping 12 TOTAL points combined with our "backup to the LOB" The front office made coaching changes and personnel moves in the offseason after we narrowly missed a wildcard spot... now we actually have an offensive line and running game. That's a far cry from the mudhole teams are stomping in SF.

In contrast, SF fired a very successful head coach, made more terrible personnel moves and is failing. Shanny sucks as a HC, he needs to go back an OC position.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2wd74vax said:
rlkats":2wd74vax said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2wd74vax said:
Marvin49":2wd74vax said:
Um, what?

Our front office is still making deals as spots open up, people get injured and move. We've lost by what? A whopping 12 TOTAL points combined with our "backup to the LOB" The front office made coaching changes and personnel moves in the offseason after we narrowly missed a wildcard spot... now we actually have an offensive line and running game. That's a far cry from the mudhole teams are stomping in SF.

In contrast, SF fired a very successful head coach, made more terrible personnel moves and is failing. Shanny sucks as a HC, he needs to go back an OC position.

Love this green and blue colored lenses.

My team sucks at least I admit it. Denial is not a river. It’s ok pal I used to be a blind fan

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":13cu8wxf said:
Popeyejones":13cu8wxf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":13cu8wxf said:
I standby my previous statement.

Kyle Shannahan is the problem.

Prove me wrong.

There.

You're wrong.

Have a nice day.

He’s improved the offense of every team he’s gone to except the Browns. He’s been a head coach for two seasons. On a team that was record setting-bad before he arrived. Seems a bit early to be so certain, especially in light of the tidal wave of actual NFL players and coaches whose beliefs on the matter are directly oppositional to yours.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":7w9ufr7i said:
Marvin49":7w9ufr7i said:
Sox-n-Hawks":7w9ufr7i said:
Marvin49":7w9ufr7i said:

....but he sucks.

Um, what?

Bringing up Cassel just proves you’re either trolling or just special, as that team had just finished 17-0 and broke nearly every offensive record the year before. The talent around Cassel was absurd. Ryan Leaf could have squeaked out a winning record with that team.