Is Carr also on his way out?

chris98251

Reaction score
Have to wonder about Gruden, he inherited Carr, Carr is set to make 19 million next season, Oakland is setting themselves up with 5 1sts in two years to date. Do they unload Carr also, there are still teams looking for a QB and he is at least proven.

Second part of this is who is going to be available that Gruden really really liked next year?

Or is there a college player Gruden would draft, he has historically done lousy with Rookie QB's but well with seasoned Vets like Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson who will do what he says.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Same people that wanted Quinn, Gabbert, and a list of others.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone would take him, he is in the beginning of a 5 year $125 million contract. Guy is getting paid like a top 10 quarterback but looks like a bottom tier QB.

He seems like the kind of guy you'd trade but would also have to include picks just to have a team take on his contract.

sutz

Reaction score
To be fair, Carr is dealing with some of the same OL issues Russ has been dealing with, and he's not as good as Russ. ;)

Oakland just got Dallas' first rounder. Probably not high enough for a top notch rookie QB, but might score a good OL-man with it.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Think the Jags will definitely be entertaining the thought. Giants too, given their potential time left with Manning.

As has been said before, a veteran QB doing what he’s told is much more Gruden’s style than a drafted QB thinking it’s his playground to rule. Gruden will be looking to spend those 5 (!) 1st Round picks elsewhere on the roster.

I can absolutely see them trading Carr. Also, while it’s easy to mock Dallas (and deservedly so) there was a lot of other interest in Cooper so expect a lot of phone calls about Carr, now that the rest of the team appears to be questioning him.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... teammates/

mistaowen

Reaction score
He is an upgrade for a good chunk of teams even if he is struggling this season. We've seen he is capable of playing well, I think the atrocious O-line play is making him look worse.

Bills definitely could use him, Jags would be back as a playoff contender with him, Eli looks like a shell of himself and have no one to pass the torch to, have to wonder if Mariota is the guy Vrabel wants in Tennessee. Though it all depends if Gruden thinks he's there guy for the future.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Carr to the Giants does make a lot of sense but I cant see it happening mid season.

evergreen

Reaction score
Can you believe just a few years ago they looked like the heir apparent? Three young stars. I don’t think Cable is helping him much. Goes to show you what Wilson did in comparison. He sucks since he only got us into the playoffs those last few years instead of super bowl. Plus we ended him. A friend of mine wasn’t watching cuz we lost all our good players. I’m like “good riddance!” It was at least a year too late too. Anyway I like this young hungry team.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Carr is definitely capable. However the OL being decimated, Cable is your O-Line coach, and Gruden is no where near the coaching genius that he's often credited being. The cards were stacked against Carr this year.

Though I doubt they move on from him, given his deal, Gruden has always preferred older/seasoned vets over young QB's. Carr has a few seasons under his belt, but from what I remember on Gruden's first time around as a head coach that he wants someone whose got like 8+ years.

rlkats

Reaction score
Carr was doing really good in his first two years. Now he is suspect? It’s no surprise to me that he is failing. Name one team that Gruden built on his own. He benefited from previous coaches building teams. Oh and hawk fans are 100% aware on how bad Cable sucks. Put Carr on a stable team with solid coaching and he will be very good. How about Carr to New England. Sit behind the great one for a year. He then would be excellent.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rlkats":3usdwwa5 said:
Carr was doing really good in his first two years. Now he is suspect? It’s no surprise to me that he is failing. Name one team that Gruden built on his own. He benefited from previous coaches building teams. Oh and hawk fans are 100% aware on how bad Cable sucks. Put Carr on a stable team with solid coaching and he will be very good. How about Carr to New England. Sit behind the great one for a year. He then would be excellent.

Put him behind anyone with the same style of play or skillset he has, and let him learn. My opinion is to let him learn from a top 10 QB....If he is already top 10, then give him the tools to succeed.

rlkats

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":25u4313p said:
rlkats":25u4313p said:

Put him behind anyone with the same style of play or skillset he has, and let him learn. My opinion is to let him learn from a top 10 QB....If he is already top 10, then give him the tools to succeed.

Agreed, I’m going to get killed over this. Buuuuuut I would love to have him in SF and compete with Jimmy. I like Jimmy as our QB. But the idea is interesting

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
rlkats":2zhj4zqh said:
Seahawkfan80":2zhj4zqh said:
rlkats":2zhj4zqh said:

Agreed, I’m going to get killed over this. Buuuuuut I would love to have him in SF and compete with Jimmy. I like Jimmy as our QB. But the idea is interesting
How could you fit their salaries?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":qq93gnyv said:
rlkats":qq93gnyv said:
Seahawkfan80":qq93gnyv said:
rlkats":qq93gnyv said:

How could you fit their salaries?

49ers still WAY under the cap next year in part because Jimmy contract was front loaded for this year....

....but no way would I want to see this. It would create too much turmoil.