Sherman So Far

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score

Palmegranite

Reaction score
None of Kitsapguy's posts ever show up on my mobile browser. Just the signature. (Is this because they're always embedded tweets?) Should probably look into what you're doing differently. I'm sure I'm not the only one missing out .

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Figured it out. In extensions-> tracking blocker. If this is enabled, no content appears in the post.

hawk45

Reaction score
Pretty ticky tack PI on sherm v the giants tonight.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawk45":3ohua3av said:
Pretty ticky tack PI on sherm v the giants tonight.

I'd be okay with a holding call on Sherman there, but PI I didn't really see. It didn't end up mattering, which is good.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
He looked really slow in yesterday’s game. Kinda like he was hurt. Was giving up on plays. Just looked like he was hurt but still playing in order to get paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Can we see Fant get his first TD catch against Sherm? That would make me happy! I loved Sherman when he was in his prime, but now I want to see him get owned. :2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lots of obsession here and in the media about Sherman, and to use his line “ he can be beat”. He’s no longer on the team which is too bad b/c he was a good player for the Hawks.

Am disliking his spin of the team is terrible: “they cut me when I was hurt” . Reality is he was cut b/c his salary was $12.5 mil for this year, and he was not living the first rule “always protect the team”. Sure he was hurt but that isn’t why he was released. Simply the team needed his cap money. Miss his ability, but thought he was pretty darn expensive to be a pain in the rear. The only thing he was “in” on was himself. He talked himself off the team.

Will enjoy seeing him on Sunday, loved him as a Hawk, but he’s not here anymore. Good luck to him, but not this Sunday.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
jammerhawk":wtnichts said:
Lots of obsession here and in the media about Sherman, and to use his line “ he can be beat”. He’s no longer on the team which is too bad b/c he was a good player for the Hawks.

Am disliking his spin of the team is terrible: “they cut me when I was hurt” . Reality is he was cut b/c his salary was $12.5 mil for this year, and he was not living the first rule “always protect the team”. Sure he was hurt but that isn’t why he was released. Simply the team needed his cap money. Miss his ability, but thought he was pretty darn expensive to be a pain in the rear. The only thing he was “in” on was himself. He talked himself off the team.

Will enjoy seeing him on Sunday, loved him as a Hawk, but he’s not here anymore. Good luck to him, but not this Sunday.
Yeah he was released because Russell Wilson was about to get paid, and he was approaching inevitable physical decline. He can't really guard elite WRs all game any more. He's just a role player now.

However, he could have remained effective if Seattle would have held on to their defensive players, where he wasn't the most important player. The intermittent losses of Kam and Earl and the rest clearly showed over the years.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Change happens, as does age, and so do injuries.

Richard's ego won't allow him to acknowledge his problem in Seattle was himself. Going into a season after an injury that materially slows players down, where he was being paid $12.5 million/yr. but unable to practice yet, and was mean mouthing the team and the coaching staff and anyone else that he thought wouldn't respond was a recipe to get himself traded or released. He actively wanted to be traded, but no-one wanted the grief of Sherman at $12.5 million /yr. He got himself released but no part of the blame for that lays upon him. To that I say OK, whatever.

He was great player with the support of the others in the defensive backfield that was the LOB, but he was not the greatest of those players and yet he thought he was, and thus was beyond control. Now he throws crap at the team and various players on the team b/c it's part of his schtick. Playing into his drama only gives him more power and he isn't what he used to be. No player is ever bigger than his team.

I loved him as a Seahawks player for his play, at times his mouth was his worst enemy. In the end he thought he was better than he actually was. The team made a solid personnel decision releasing him for economic reasons and because he didn't really want to be here anymore. The team did him a favour.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1mbvm6e1 said:
Change happens, as does age, and so do injuries.

Richard's ego won't allow him to acknowledge his problem in Seattle was himself. Going into a season after an injury that materially slows players down, where he was being paid $12.5 million/yr. but unable to practice yet, and was mean mouthing the team and the coaching staff and anyone else that he thought wouldn't respond was a recipe to get himself traded or released. He actively wanted to be traded, but no-one wanted the grief of Sherman at $12.5 million /yr. He got himself released but no part of the blame for that lays upon him. To that I say OK, whatever.

He was great player with the support of the others in the defensive backfield that was the LOB, but he was not the greatest of those players and yet he thought he was, and thus was beyond control. Now he throws crap at the team and various players on the team b/c it's part of his schtick. Playing into his drama only gives him more power and he isn't what he used to be. No player is ever bigger than his team.

I loved him as a Seahawks player for his play, at times his mouth was his worst enemy. In the end he thought he was better than he actually was. The team made a solid personnel decision releasing him for economic reasons and because he didn't really want to be here anymore. The team did him a favour.

I'm pretty sure the "grief" of Sherman was directly related to not calling a run with Marshawn Lynch. He's been a model citizen in San Francisco, and to my memory, he was never a problem with Seattle until after that Super Bowl. Prior to that he was a headache to what ever WR he lined up against.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall any team strife in the media related to Sherman until that game. So what I'm saying is, I can see why he was being a douche, whether or not I agree with it (I don't- win as a team, lose as a team).