Joe Buck on Tom Cable

ivotuk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3jlup6o9 said:
chris98251":3jlup6o9 said:
He had a great knock out punch in Oakland. And a great back in McFadden and a FB Marcel Reece that did a lot of the work.

I see what you did there. LOL

Took me a second. Kudos Chris...very sneaky...very very sneak :327321_Spy_23.22:

Vesuve

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":bklvp9wp said:
For the life of me I don't understand why Gruden hired him in the first place. Surely Gruden saw what was happening with everything on our O here the last several years. And Gruden's not dumb either. I just don't get it.

Gruden is not a good as he's portrayed to be, IMO.

Bringing in Cable was all from Gruden.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1tsdcz5e said:
Joe Buck is an idiot.

Buck needs to stick with the MLB cause football is not his forte.

Buck is even worse at MLB. He has the uncanny ability to make you want to fall asleep in an exciting game. IMO a major reason World Series ratings have gone steadily down over the years is him and his horrific monotone. I remember around ‘96 simply because he was Jack Buck’s son, Fox made a 20 something kid with little experience and the most dull, expressionless voice west of the Mississip their #1 play by play man for the NFL and MLB. And he’ll be there another 25-30 years too. Heaven help us.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Vesuve":14e3l4a6 said:
West TX Hawk":14e3l4a6 said:
For the life of me I don't understand why Gruden hired him in the first place. Surely Gruden saw what was happening with everything on our O here the last several years. And Gruden's not dumb either. I just don't get it.

I don’t doubt that Cable was a Gruden decision, but I do doubt that anything can be discerned about Gruden’s capabilities until the Raiders are established in Vegas.

Consider that almost everything he has done has reeked of tanking this season for better draft position, then ask yourself, “if I were wanting to tank the upcoming season, without being completely obvious about it, who would I choose to best help me accomplish that?”

Tom Cable is the best answer to that question that I can imagine.

If Gruden is doing what I think he is doing, I expect Cable to be fired after next season.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1rmvgqdy said:
Chapow":1rmvgqdy said:
ivotuk":1rmvgqdy said:
OpHawk":1rmvgqdy said:
Did anyone else hear Buck on the broadcast talking about Tom Cable?

Went like this...."up in Seattle they would just give him defensive lineman and tell him to make them offensive lineman. At least here in Oakland he has some talent to work with. He is ONE OF THE BEST offensive line coaches in the league."

I about fell off my couch.

What a totally clueless statement. Cable WAS the guy handpicking his lineman. Shortly after Oakland gave up it's 4th sack. lol

And he only picked ONE defensive lineman to change in to an Olineman.

The funny thing is that Sweezy actually ended up being a quality offensive lineman.

There are many, many things that Cable can be criticized for. The ONE time he converted a D lineman into an O lineman isn't really one of those things though because that actually worked out.

He did try it with one other guy though, so it wasn't just that one time. I think it might have been that Sokoli guy.

Sokoli was a DL-to-OL conversion project as was Jared "fat rabbit" Smith iirc.

justafan

Reaction score
He did coach a DL into a guard but he also coached 1st round LTs into guards including Gallery the top lineman in the draft.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Vesuve":6oh4lcgi said:
West TX Hawk":6oh4lcgi said:

Or a deceptively clever move to get the #1 pick the years before moving to Vegas.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":i7yzv81p said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/1069820432663011328[/tweet]

So he is going for the record. That sick evil twisted human. :twisted:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
mistaowen":cd5xqhyx said:
Cable's ability to make the league think he's a great line coach is impressive. Solari has taken one of the worst graded units in the NFL and within half a season put them in the top. Raiders line is likely the worst in the NFL right now.
I hope they keep talking him up so Gruden, Cable and Carr can be together for years th o come. I'm loving the results.