Congrats Pete...you got another one fired!!

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2tjib6e4 said:
Trrrroy":2tjib6e4 said:
Remember when this site was slobbering all over Filippo? Sometimes fans aren't as smart as we think....

It's more about fit.

No one in Seattle was over the moon when Schottenheimer was hired, myself included. But he's been a good fit for the style and scheme Pete wants to run, and has the right temperament to check his ego at the door knowing that he's going to call running plays over 50% of the time.

Zimmer and Filippo clashed from the beginning.........Zimmer's old school, so I imagine him watching our pound the rock offense last night only cemented that he and Filippo aren't on the same page, so he had to go.

The irony is Minny has a perfect offensive roster to run the Chiefs/Philly style offense he's learned from. Thielen, Diggs, and Cook are terrific football players, especially in space. Their offensive line isn't good enough to succeed in a power game.

Vaguely remember DeFilippo saying he didn't want to come to Seattle because a) it's Pete's vision and b) Russ relies too much on straying from play design, so he went to another old school coach who wants the same thing as Pete. Was never going to be a good relationship.

FWIW, Thielen openly said today it's not the OC's fault and was clearly angry with Kirk last night.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mistaowen":1hx1gf1e said:
Sgt. Largent":1hx1gf1e said:
Trrrroy":1hx1gf1e said:
Remember when this site was slobbering all over Filippo? Sometimes fans aren't as smart as we think....

It's more about fit.

No one in Seattle was over the moon when Schottenheimer was hired, myself included. But he's been a good fit for the style and scheme Pete wants to run, and has the right temperament to check his ego at the door knowing that he's going to call running plays over 50% of the time.

Zimmer and Filippo clashed from the beginning.........Zimmer's old school, so I imagine him watching our pound the rock offense last night only cemented that he and Filippo aren't on the same page, so he had to go.

The irony is Minny has a perfect offensive roster to run the Chiefs/Philly style offense he's learned from. Thielen, Diggs, and Cook are terrific football players, especially in space. Their offensive line isn't good enough to succeed in a power game..

But not the head coach that wants to run that style of offense.

The rumors on Filippo were that he was already eyeing head coaching gigs, and that pissed Zimmer off as well..........and when your offense is barely a top 20 offense with all that investment and talent, struggling and just got embarrassed on MNF? Something's gotta give.

94Smith

Reaction score
There were some bad calls last night. Where were the screens?

Osprey

Reaction score
94Smith":7atlds88 said:
There were some bad calls last night. Where were the screens?
There were a few, but think only one had a decent gain.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Trrrroy":379uq7we said:
Yep, he was the sexy name out there.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1gafv7vg said:
Trrrroy":1gafv7vg said:
Yep, he was the sexy name out there.

I liked his style. The FO made the right call for this season Seattle though! Thankfully.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":132zsywb said:
hawknation2018":132zsywb said:
Someone losing their job is nothing to celebrate.
Geez, that moral high ground you're standing on must be quite comfy.

This thread was originally posted in the main forum (actually, it was combined with another thread and moved here), and it was the 2nd thread in the main forum congratulating the Seahawks for getting opposing coaches fired.

I don’t think celebrating a coach getting fired makes you a bad person. I just think it was made in poor taste, in this instance, much like celebrating an injury to an opponent. And did we really need a 2nd “celebrate the opponent’s coach getting fired thread” in the main forum?

I am also “guilty” of this when I celebrated the end of the Cabevell Era. That was borne out of years of frustration with the direction of the offense, and the gleeful excitement that the Seahawks would finally see a change in offensive stewardship.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Trrrroy":xdzfdken said:
Oh it’s way more than sometimes.

chris98251

Reaction score
To think that a Vikings OC was fired and it was our fault? No he was fired for his inability to make Cousins and the run game look all world.

It's not about this guy, it's about the knee jerk reaction to our team tipping the weight, we are suppose to suck, be a 4 and 12 team, be rebuilding, have no O line, have no LOB and yet look at us.

We are suppose to be a win marked off in August.

That's what front offices and Staffs are reacting to, not knowing that John and Pete had built a crew of guys waiting to step up when the more famous had been traded or left or injured.

Not bothering to believe Pete and John could do so as quickly as they have done it with a bit of homework.

Fade

Reaction score
Zimmer has burned through 4 OCs in 5 years. I put more blame on him. Flip wasn't a good fit, but Zimmer chose him anyway.

Vikings suck at running the ball. And it has nothing to do with commitment, they suck at it. Flip was getting the ball into the hands of his best players. Thielen & Diggs. Doing the best he could with just an okay QB.

Zimmer sabotaged Flip by telegraphing that they were going to run the ball going into this game. The Seahawks players talked about this and were ready for it.

Cousins is underwhelming, and they are not good at running the ball. They can't fire Cousins so Flip is being made the scapegoat.

Zimmer is amazing on defense, but after getting blown out in the NFCCG, and how this season has gone, he isn't quite the coach I thought he was.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1072574108100165633[/tweet]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
An all-time great RB, like Marshawn Lynch, can make just abiut any OC look good. Absent that, you need a OC who fully understands the intricacies of run game in order to run the ball well and consistently. DeFlilippo has not shown that level of understanding.

justafan

Reaction score
Norv Turner quit then Shurmer got hired for a HC job so its not like he really runs through that many.Flip wasnt ready for the job, he was in way over his head. But thats what happen when people chase the SuperBowl magic hiring other teams ball boys hoping it will rub off.

He is one of the most overated HOT coaches I have seen in a while.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Fade":1q7fnpoi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1072574108100165633[/tweet]

Reiterates my point above about the Vikings having a perfect offensive roster to run the Chiefs/Eagles style offense (DeFlilippo groomed in that system) with a complimentary running game. Cook is a solid player but Zimmer wants a power run style and just doesn't have the horses up front. Forcing the run when the defense knows its coming and you can't jam it down their throats like the 2018 Seahawks do is recipe for disaster.

When they actually got a little more aggressive and put the ball into Thielen and Diggs hands quickly, they moved the ball well (fourth quarter). Pretty sure Thielen had a hot mic moment on a screen pass to him where they got 10ish yards yelling 'it's been there all F****** game.' They'll need a Seahawks 2015 adjustment to fix their offense to keep their playoff hopes alive because they looked pretty defeated afterwards, but they got rid of the guy who could do that and will now continue to force what doesn't work I bet.

Latest posts