Chiefs v Chargers

Mizak

Reaction score
dopeboy206":ezfy4htq said:
Polaris":ezfy4htq said:
Well this is the first bad result for Seattle for playoff positioning during the playoff positioning phase of the season (November and on). It's a pity. The Chiefs will be fighting tooth and nail when they meet us. Perhaps it's just as well, but it's not a good result for Seattle.
if we beat San Francisco we wouldn't have to worry. Wouldn't we clinch the 5 spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd still play my regular guys no matter what the outcome. Does Pete really want Russell to rest against the Chiefs? That's a great challenge there for Russell and I doubt Russell would want to rest against great competition.

Barakas

Reaction score
Wow....KC can go from the #1 seed to the #5 seed next week if they lose to the Seahawks and the Chargers win.

They are going to be bringing their A game....I can't wait!!

Barakas

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2igi90jz said:
Polaris":2igi90jz said:
Well this is the first bad result for Seattle for playoff positioning during the playoff positioning phase of the season (November and on). It's a pity. The Chiefs will be fighting tooth and nail when they meet us. Perhaps it's just as well, but it's not a good result for Seattle.
if we beat San Francisco we wouldn't have to worry. Wouldn't we clinch the 5 spot?

To clinch the #5 seed we would need to win and the Vikings would need to lose or tie. We do clinch a playoff spot with a win against SF though.

James in PA

Reaction score
dopeboy206":wwwls731 said:
Polaris":wwwls731 said:

We would only clinch the 5 this weekend if we won AND Minnesota lost to or tied Miami.

Edit. Sorry for duplicate answer. I see someone else posted this a minute before I did.

toffee

Reaction score
Polaris":46j387ku said:

I happened to think that we match up well against the Chiefs. They are really bad at stopping the run, #25 in the league, allowing 125 yards per game. really really at defending passes #32, yes #32, allowing 282 yards per game, LOL, the Chiefs are #28 at points per game, allowing 27 points per game.

If we keep running at them, that would keep the ball out of Mahomes' hands. Key is don't stop running, let's aim for a 300 yard rushing game and winning the time of procession.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Mizak":2mrhq0ku said:
dopeboy206":2mrhq0ku said:
Polaris":2mrhq0ku said:

I'd still play my regular guys no matter what the outcome. Does Pete really want Russell to rest against the Chiefs? That's a great challenge there for Russell and I doubt Russell would want to rest against great competition.

On offense ... Their D is terrible... I absolutely think we will beat them .

Polaris

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3a144eyy said:
Polaris":3a144eyy said:

Not quite. If we beat San Francisco, we clinch a playoff spot. We clinch the 5 hole if the Vikings also lose. Of course if we win (or even tie) any future game beyond this, we do clinch the five seed.

Edit: Ooops. Sorry for the duplicate answer.

Fade

Reaction score
Mizak":33ctdx8g said:
LA Chargers and LA Rams have a shot at being #1 seed for their respective conferences? Remind me....when did both of those teams move to LA?

It's just a coincidence, don't mind the men behind the curtain.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Is it bad I completely forgot this game was on? I would've watched this one too, but it's happened a few times this year where I've just forgotten Thursday NFL is even on. CNN and MSNBC got me hooked again this eve.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mizak":kyleuz1a said:
LA Chargers and LA Rams have a shot at being #1 seed for their respective conferences? Remind me....when did both of those teams move to LA?

Because St Louis and San Diego crowds were too noisy and they wasnted a cozy family Atmosphere instead. Just wondering if the family locals are going to invite the cousins to watch 2 of the best teams in football this year or if they will be selling all their tickets thru ticket master to the other teams coming to town.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1xcqii5u said:
Is it bad I completely forgot this game was on? I would've watched this one too, but it's happened a few times this year where I've just forgotten Thursday NFL is even on. CNN and MSNBC got me hooked again this eve.

Lol,oh man.... Those are great " news" channels

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I watched 4 plays then put in a movie...Netforce. That was after the movie Shaft, the newest one. Not the old Richard Roundtree ones from way back when. From what I read, I did not miss much steering...in this game.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2j6xu8rx said:
I watched 4 plays then put in a movie...Netforce. That was after the movie Shaft, the newest one. Not the old Richard Roundtree ones from way back when. From what I read, I did not miss much steering...in this game.

The Roundtree ones were pure gold- Classic Shaft could hold his own with even Superfly, The Mack and Across 110th St. Isaac Hayes' full soundtrack was killer.

It sounds like it was one of the better games of the year but there's only so much football you can get around to watch. And with KC losing and having a lot to play for, I think Pete will have the guys amped up in a very important Sunday night game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2ppb1uld said:
Seahawkfan80":2ppb1uld said:

The Roundtree ones were pure gold- Classic Shaft could hold his own with even Superfly, The Mack and Across 110th St. Isaac Hayes' full soundtrack was killer.

It sounds like it was one of the better games of the year but there's only so much football you can get around to watch. And with KC losing and having a lot to play for, I think Pete will have the guys amped up in a very important Sunday night game.

They are...and they would almost hold their own to .......Chuck Norris. :shock:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
toffee":zhswhj80 said:
Key is don't stop running, let's aim for a 300 yard rushing game and winning the time of procession.

You want us to move forward in an orderly fashion for longer than they move forward in an orderly fashion? Makes sense, I suppose... :mrgreen:

pro·ces·sion
/prəˈseSHən/
noun
noun: procession; plural noun: processions
1. a number of people or vehicles moving forward in an orderly fashion, especially as part of a ceremony or festival.
"a funeral procession"

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2brbiujk said:
toffee":2brbiujk said:
Key is don't stop running, let's aim for a 300 yard rushing game and winning the time of procession.

You want us to move forward in an orderly fashion for longer than they move forward in an orderly fashion? Makes sense, I suppose... :mrgreen:

pro·ces·sion
/prəˈseSHən/
noun
1. a number of people or vehicles moving forward in an orderly fashion, especially as part of a ceremony or festival.
"a funeral procession"

I'm sure that's what it would feel like to them.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":gmunl9qq said:
toffee":gmunl9qq said:

pro·ces·sion
/prəˈseSHən/
noun
"a funeral procession"

Bro....You are the man. Ultimate class. Hope I am around next week. I am not a happy camper.