Minnesota QB evaluation

Tinymac2

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1i5cxzui said:
Sorry, but Eli Manning is the most overrated QB of the last quarter century

And yet he has a ring.

Does the team make the QB, the QB make the team, or is it some combination of the two?

I'm not an Eli fan. He should of retired years ago but he did win a SB..

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Yeah Eli isnt overrated because not many people think that highly of him. A QB with 2 Superbowl rings and not a lot of hype is not overrated.

Sam Bradford is overrated among NFL GMs. He's received multiple big contracts, the Vikings traded a 1st for him, the Eagles traded a 2nd and a 4th and Nick Foles for him. His career has been ridiculous, he's always been mediocre when he's not injured, which he always is, yet teams still think so highly of him.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
And yet, I regularly hear Eli mentioned as a HOF candidate by commentators. Is there any 2 ring QB (even 1 ring QB) less deserving of the HOF?

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Since winning SB's is the goal, I would go with Stafford. On a pure pay/production, it would be Jimmy G. He could prove me wrong but he's getting a truck load of money based on potential.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
bigskydoc":hqh2q4q2 said:
And yet, I regularly hear Eli mentioned as a HOF candidate by commentators. Is there any 2 ring QB (even 1 ring QB) less deserving of the HOF?

He will likely go to to the hall based on 2 rings, but the fact that there is a debate on that is my point. If he were widely regarded as an elite QB he would be a 1st ballot shoe in.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I get that. I just see it that, the fact that someone of his meager talent is even in the conversation for HOF is an absolute joke, and a sign of how overrated he is.