Eagles Rams

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":ygwd9now said:
Crizilla":ygwd9now said:
do seahawks own the tiebreaker with philly?
Why are you worried? There's no way they lose two.

But just for your information, it will be best head-to-head in common games, which are, if I'm not mistaken:

Minnesota (Seattle 1-0, Philly 0-1)
Carolina (Seattle 1-0, Philly 0-1)
Rams (Seattle 0-2, Philly 1-0)
Cowboys (Seattle 0-1, Philly 0-2)

Seattle: 2-3
Philadelphia: 1-4

So it looks like Seattle has the tiebreaker.

But I could be wrong. Might have missed something.

If I may change something here....

Minn (Sea 1-0, Philly 0-1)
Carol (Sea 1-0. Phil 0-1)
Rams (Sea 0-1, Phil 1-0)
Cowdung (Sea 0-1, Phil 0-1)

That would put us at 2-2 and Phil at 1-3. I think the common is just a single game not the pair of games. As they are both divisional 0-2, it would not matter about the game taken for the position. I am just guessing tho just like you. I do not know what it would be like if they went 1-1 on their divisional rounds. And I dont even know if I am right here. Probably wrong...it dont matter. It is just a game. World Football Entertainment.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Seahawks make the playoffs if…
1. They win out to finish 10-6. In this case, Seattle would lock up the NFC’s fifth seed.

2. They finish 9-7 with a win over the Arizona Cardinals. This is where Seattle’s Week 14 win over the Minnesota Vikings comes into play. The Seahawks would have the fifth seed if the Vikings lose one of their final two games and the sixth seed if the Vikings win out. In that case, the six losses and one tie in the Vikings’ 9-6-1 record would be better than the Seahawks’ seven losses.

In the scenarios listed above, the Seahawks are in the driver’s seat. As far as qualifying for the playoffs goes, it wouldn’t matter how other teams perform over the next two weeks.

In each of the following scenarios, however, the Seahawks would need a little help from the rest of the league.

If the Seahawks finish 9-7, but lose to the Cardinals…
Seattle would need either Minnesota or Washington to lose a game.

The Seahawks’ playoff odds will be at 99 percent if they win Sunday night against the Kansas City Chiefs (11-3). But unlike a win over the Cardinals, a win against the Chiefs won’t guarantee Seattle a trip to the playoffs. That’s because Washington (7-7) could still finish with the same record if it wins out, and the Seahawks are not assured of winning a tiebreaker against Washington.

The Vikings will finish 9-6-1 if they win out and would take the fifth seed because a tie is better than a loss. Washington and Seattle would face a series of tiebreakers if both finish 9-7. Because of the variables here, listed below, FiveThirtyEight’s playoff predictor does not give Seattle a 100 percent chance.

Possible tiebreakers (in order)

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss.
If the Seahawks finish 8-8…
Obviously this is the worst-case scenario for the Seahawks. If Seattle loses to both the Chiefs and the Cardinals, it will need a combination of three of the following conditions to make the postseason:

• 1 loss by Washington
• 1 loss by the Eagles
• 2 losses by the Panthers
• 2 losses by the Vikings

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/561819/ho ... scenarios/

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Goff is really having a bad few weeks. Less than 55% completion, 1 TD and 7 INTs.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3bw0497x said:
Goff is really having a bad few weeks. Less than 55% completion, 1 TD and 7 INTs.

He is the worst QB in the NFL over the past three weeks and is the main reason this shit is happening right now.

Yes, the defense forgot what sport they played in the third quarter of Sunday night's game - but by and large, Goff was been unbelievably bad these last three weeks, culminating with this game. Detroit and Chicago were somewhat excusable, but a team down to undrafted corners? Wow.

In the span of three weeks I have gone from "we can win the super bowl" to "will we even win a playoff game?"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would be surprised. Incredibly overrated team and QB. Still very good, but are far from "unstoppable" as Gurley claimed they were. NFC is wide open this year, as is the AFC. Playoffs should be a blast this year.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Why the hell would you pass the ball 53 times with an ice-cold Goff when you have Gurley? Moronic. They deserve to lose. They should hire DeFilipo (sp?).

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2x5qfchq said:
Not sure why anyone would be surprised. Incredibly overrated team and QB. Still very good, but are far from "unstoppable" as Gurley claimed they were. NFC is wide open this year, as is the AFC. Playoffs should be a blast this year.

AFC playoffs, yes.

NFC playoffs..

I mean, any of the Vikings, Seahawks, Cowboys or Bears have a shot against the Rams right now.

But against the Saints? Yikes.

The most likely outcome is that the Bears win and go to LA, which IMO the Rams will have to be lucky to win.

While the Cowboys did beat the Saints earlier this year, I don't see Seattle or Dallas having a prayer in NO. Teams that rely on the run going up against the best run D in the NFL, coupled with playing against a great offense in arguably the toughest place to play this year?

I'm not seeing a scenario where the Saints don't stroll into the Super Bowl at this point.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3eee07z6 said:

At the time, the Rams were unstoppable. Gurley didn't say we would stay that way.

Also, the Rams are NOT overrated right now. Almost everyone has jumped off the bandwagon and there's nobody crowning us at this point.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
nanomoz":35pnb0dr said:
Why the hell would you pass the ball 53 times with an ice-cold Goff when you have Gurley? Moronic. They deserve to lose. They should hire DeFilipo (sp?).

Gurley has looked off since that awkward tackle against the Chiefs. Even though he had a big game against the Lions, he still looked off IMO.

I think something is wrong with him and they're trying to compensate by not running the ball - three of the past four games have seen the run game abandoned.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3csvnrjk said:
And why the hell did he stay in bounds at the end of the game. Next level dumb for a really good player.

Agreed. At the time the only thing I could think is that he was injured and exhausted because he's never been that dumb before.

Although I got into a debate with Rams fans about him going down at the 1 against Detroit - we couldn't kneel so IMO it was a stupid play. He ended up scoring two or three plays later which did allow us to run some clock, but you can't take scoring opportunities for granted and if you can't kneel, you score every time IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I remember that play thinking it was either very smart and unselfish....or, why not just get the 6?
Tough one.