Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

God Bless Brandon Mebane

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
God Bless Brandon Mebane
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:55 am
  • I'm praying for his little girl that was born with a heart condition and needs surgery. He was such a great member of this team and a great representative outside of football. Love the guy and miss him.

Mebane said he found out about his daughter’s condition in July, and prepared for her to have heart surgery.

“There’s not a lot of surgeons in the U.S. that do surgeries on babies,” Mebane said. “There’s only like four doctors in the U.S. that does this, one of the doctors is in Omaha.”

[In the article, I believe the author meant "scheduled to have surgery on Dec. 16" Not "scheduled to be born on Dec.16"]

Makenna, who was scheduled to be born Dec. 16, sustained a stomach infection two weeks ago. That’s when Mebane left the team. The infection postponed the heart surgery, and Mebane guessed that Makenna will now be in the hospital until April.

“She’s getting better,” Mebane said of Makenna. “Been getting improvement every day. As a parent, you want to see two or three more stair steps of progress, but I take one every day if that’s what it is.”

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2018/12/05/ ... g-absence/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: God Bless Brandon Mebane
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:50 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:55 pm
  • Wow, sorry to hear about his daughter. That stuff is hard to take.

Best wishes, for sure.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 pm
  • Man horrible to go through. Prayers for her and her family.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:59 pm
  • rlkats wrote:Man horrible to go through. Prayers for her and her family.

That is a nightmare for a parent..Sad for anyone who goes through this situation.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:00 pm
  • I had no idea. I follow him a little on Facebook and still rock his jersey on occasion. One of my all time favorite players and human beings. That’s rough and I hope they all get through it just fine. #bellyroll
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:47 pm
  • Terrible news. :cry:

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:45 pm
  • That’s awful. Heartbreaking.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:50 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:12 pm
  • Brandon Mebane Set to Play with Heavy Heart Following Loss of Daughter

"“She passed away January 3, Thursday,” he said. “She wasn’t getting better so we had to make a decision. She kept having bleeds from the stomach, and then when they tried to feed her, it wasn’t good for her liver.”

A somber Mebane spoke with a soft tone, yet made it clear he’ll always carry his daughter’s memory in his heart.

“We’re doing pretty good,” he said of his family. “Just trying to take one day at a time. Still thankful (for having her in our life). Thank God every day. Still pray. We’re just taking it just one day at a time.”

While admitting it is somewhat therapeutic to be back with the Chargers as they prepare for their Divisional Round matchup with the New England Patriots, Mebane said his daughter is constantly on his mind. Thus, she’ll be with him in spirit come kickoff on Sunday.

“No matter where I am, I still think about her,” he said. “I’m just happy I’m still able to play this game, so (I’m doing) pretty good.”

The entire Los Angeles Chargers family extend their deepest condolences to Brandon, his wife Amena, and their two children, Mahailey and son Makai.

"

https://www.chargers.com/news/brandon-m ... f-daughter
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 pm
  • God Bless to you and your family Brandon.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 am
  • This is awful.

Me and my wife had our first in June of this past year, so stories like this really hit home. Prayers to Brandon Mebane and his family.

Reading these stories almost makes you feel guilty for having a healthy baby.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information