Antonio Brown? SPECULATION

Would you give up our 1st Rd pick for Antonio Brown?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Yes, but not a 1st Rd pick.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No, I don't think so.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Hell NO!

Votes: 26 49.1%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
Speculation and rumor until link is posted to substantiate.

With some talk that the Seahawks are expected to pursue Antonio Brown, which is not surprising since they kick all of the tires. But if you had the choice, what would you do?

For me, I'd pass with a hell no. Great player, but I`m tired of chasing other teams cast offs. Dion Branch, Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham is enough to make me pass.

Edit:
Title and post edit by staff.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Hard pass from me. Seahawks don’t have the draft capital this year & locker room issues the Seahawks already have rid themselves of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pmedic920

Reaction score
nwHawk":33qbzmln said:
With some talk that the Seahawks are expected to pursue Antonio Brown, which is not surprising since they kick all of the tires. But if you had the choice, what would you do?

For me, I'd pass with a hell no. Great player, but I`m tired of chasing other teams cast offs. Dion Branch, Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham is enough to make me pass.

Post a link if you have one, otherwise this is only player speculation, and it belongs in the NFL forum.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Only way I see us pulling this off, is if we franchise tag Earl and trade him, then send them another pick. It’s a really risky trade

Last week I said Hell no. Now, I’m leaning 51% yes. For these reasons:

1) He would add more balance to the offense. And possibly overcome Schotty’s off moments in playcalling
2) Our offense would be more explosive. Doug and Lockett would absolutely feast
3) We have the locker room to handle it. If Brown misbehaves, he has Angry Doug, Brown, Clark, Wagz and other leaders to deal with. It’ll also worsen his image further, which I think Brown actually cares about
4) Russ is a WAYY better QB and leader than Ben. Russ doesn’t throw his players under the bus

With Brown I can see us becoming closer to the Saints. People think the Saints are a high flying offense but they’re a grind it out team. Dominating with time of possession, ball control with Kamara + Ingram, devastating shots with Thomas, and scoring on almost all of their drives. Combined with a really good defense

All that said, 49% of me says he’ll bring drama and ruin the locker room

Side Note: The Herd today mentioned this, as reported by Jason La Confora

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Why?

Lets get better OL and DL.. dominate the line..

northseahawk

Reaction score
Yea just imagine the chaos he will create when RW will refuse to throw to him because he is not 10 yards open. Maybe a couple completions to him in the 4th qrtr. So NO!

knownone

Reaction score
Unless the Steelers want to give him away, I don’t see how we can afford him. I’m also skeptical Brown would be a good fit in our offense barring major changes.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SchadyHawk":1glnu15o said:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-seeking-a-first-round-pick-for-antonio-brown-trade-talks-to-begin-at-combine/
“The Steelers expect a robust market to form, and expect to hear from teams like the Seahawks, Colts, Saints, 49ers, Packers, and Eagles”

For the record.

The story is still 100% speculative as it pertains to the Seahawks.

Thanks for the link though.

I vote no.

Cost will be too high.

Our #1 will most likely end up being 2-3 later round picks.

This scenario reeks of Harvin if you ask me.

getnasty

Reaction score
Antonio Brown is a me first player who averaged a league high 9.9 targets a game this year, no way he would be happy in this offense. To give you some prespctive Baldwin averaged 4.9 per game and Lockett average 3.9, combine they dont see as many balls as Brown. No question he's a beast but for that money lets take care of our own.

sutz

Reaction score
I think I've seen this movie before. No thanks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, it's not gonna' happen. A few rumors will not make it so. This team has a lot more pressing needs than Brown, let alone his diva crap. They just got rid of the mouth of the south and Bennett, no need for this type of player. He's an amazing talent, but he complained in a pass happy offense already, he would be a next level distraction on this team.
This team needs to concentrate on paying Clark, Russ, Reed, Coleman, Sweezy and Fluker for starters.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is a salary cap league. So the answer is hell no.

18 Million for Clark
35 Million for Wilson
12 Million for Reed

There is nothing left.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett is every bit as efficient, if not more so, and is a great teammate on a great contract. He just doesn't play in as high volume of an offense as Brown - but raw counting stats can be deceiving.

James in PA

Reaction score
He’s not going to be a Seahawk. This is a really dumb rumor. We have, what, 4 draft picks? The only trading we’ll be doing is to acquire MORE picks. He would be so discontent in our run-first offense. They just cleared out a bunch of drama last off season and things went pretty damn well this year. Now they’re going to knowingly add some? Don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
James in PA":1w0j0vjd said:
He’s not going to be a Seahawk. This is a really dumb rumor. We have, what, 4 draft picks? The only trading we’ll be doing is to acquire MORE picks. He would be so discontent in our run-first offense. They just cleared out a bunch of drama last off season and things went pretty damn well this year. Now they’re going to knowingly add some? Don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This!