The Saints were jobbed

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
You cant have it both ways. The refs let'm play, no facemask on Geof, holding calls missed, horse collars, etc. You can't go along with no calls all game long then bitch cause you didn't get a call late in the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":3492a38b said:
You cant have it both ways. The refs let'm play, no facemask on Geof, holding calls missed, horse collars, etc. You can't go along with no calls all game long then bitch cause you didn't get a call late in the game.

As blatant as both penatlies were on that same play, the helmet to helmet and the gross pass interference were with a official right there, yeah there is a difference.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way one team should have three times the amount of penalty yardage as the other team, in the NFC Championship game, when there were SO many non calls in the Saints favor. As bad as that non call was, it evened out the officiating and whatever else people are saying, it didn't decide the game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
chris98251":1shv56pa said:
Biscanebay12":1shv56pa said:

As blatant as both penatlies were on that same play, the helmet to helmet and the gross pass interference were with a official right there, yeah there is a difference.

I don't think we can say that. If this game is officiated correctly up to that point, the Rams may have been up by two scores. Zero penalties on the Saints in the first half allowed them to jump out to their lead. No way they went 30 minutes without committing an infraction and I saw a few that should have been called.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1oly7rro said:
chris98251":1oly7rro said:
Biscanebay12":1oly7rro said:

I don't think we can say that. If this game is officiated correctly up to that point, the Rams may have been up by two scores. Zero penalties on the Saints in the first half allowed them to jump out to their lead. No way they went 30 minutes without committing an infraction and I saw a few that should have been called.

Christ on a bike.

Rams fans will be trying to virtually shower this off for the next 13 days

BHawk28

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ajypi8v said:
Ramfan128":1ajypi8v said:
chris98251":1ajypi8v said:
Biscanebay12":1ajypi8v said:

Christ on a bike.

Rams fans will trying to virtually shower this off for the next 13 days
lol, he's like, "it didn't decide the game, no matter what people say." yet, *he says* the officiating magically evened out, like it's fact

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

sdog1981

Reaction score
It is worthy of an FBI gambling Investigation. This is Tim Donaghy level fraud.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
BHawk28":xzlsd9i8 said:
Uncle Si":xzlsd9i8 said:
Ramfan128":xzlsd9i8 said:
chris98251":xzlsd9i8 said:

Christ on a bike.

lol, he's like, "it didn't decide the game, no matter what people say." yet, *he says* the officiating magically evened out, like it's fact

Just looking at the penalties and yardage assessed to both teams and seeing what the Saints got away with, I think that's accurate.

And it didn't decide the game - the Saints took the lead after that call and had multiple chances to win.

It was a bad call - but there were several non calls in the Saints favor that people are ignoring. And had they been called, this one may not have happened or mattered.

BHawk28

Reaction score
Ramfan128":tjwlj3eh said:
BHawk28":tjwlj3eh said:
Uncle Si":tjwlj3eh said:
Ramfan128":tjwlj3eh said:

Christ on a bike.

Just looking at the penalties and yardage assessed to both teams and seeing what the Saints got away with, I think that's accurate.

And it didn't decide the game - the Saints took the lead after that call and had multiple chances to win.

It was a bad call - but there were several non calls in the Saints favor that people are ignoring. And had they been called, this one may not have happened or mattered.
hey, as long as you convince yourself. that's all that matters. i mean, you're arguing that missed calls against you changed the course of the game, but somehow this one didn't. so, good luck enjoying it

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2d41z53i said:
BHawk28":2d41z53i said:
Uncle Si":2d41z53i said:
Ramfan128":2d41z53i said:

Christ on a bike.

Fans that do what you are doing right now look ridiculous.

Admitting you got a gift doesnt take away from the fact that you are still going to the Super Bowl.

Trying to rationalize the worst non call ever seen is not a good look.

Just enjoy the gift and move on. They dont come often.

SF49r

Reaction score
I'd rather see a game end on a no-call with the refs letting the players play then refs getting involved and icing the game. If saints wanted to win, stop the rams from tying. Saints had the ball first in OT drove to midfield then threw an INT. Very winnable game for the Saints even after that no-call which was a horribly thrown ball and they were lucky Rams didn't intercept it. Niners lost the superbowl on a no-call 4th down blatant holding and everyone said suck it up refs let them play so tough luck Saints.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Hawkpower":qxpbsqqp said:
Ramfan128":qxpbsqqp said:
BHawk28":qxpbsqqp said:
Uncle Si":qxpbsqqp said:
Christ on a bike.

Fans that do what you are doing right now look ridiculous.

Admitting you got a gift doesnt take away from the fact that you are still going to the Super Bowl.

Trying to rationalize the worst non call ever seen is not a good look.

Just enjoy the gift and move on. They dont come often.

I'm not trying to rationalize anything. The Rams were getting hosed for 58 minutes. Both teams were getting away with stuff but too big a discrepancy in the Saints favor.

This bad call happens and people freak out because the Rams won - but the Saints still could have and should have won. Obviously me being a Rams fan looks a certain way - I get it - but even as I thought we were going to lose and clearly had the short end of officiating (before the non call), I was most upset with Goff and McVay for losing. If I'm a Saints fan I'm much more upset with Brees, Payton and that D.

They had a lead with 1:40 left against a team with one timeout. It's not like a bad call that allowed one team to win the game without another team having a chance.

I get you guys were mostly rooting for the Saints though, so I get it.

BHawk28

Reaction score
SF49r":1rc8u15g said:
I'd rather see a game end on a no-call with the refs letting the players play then refs getting involved and icing the game. If saints wanted to win, stop the rams from tying. Saints had the ball first in OT drove to midfield then threw an INT. Very winnable game for the Saints even after that no-call which was a horribly thrown ball and they were lucky Rams didn't intercept it. Niners lost the superbowl on a no-call 4th down blatant holding and everyone said suck it up refs let them play so tough luck Saints.
gotta say, it's kinda weird hearing a 9er fan being ok with how they lost that sb

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SF49r":2jtpms6l said:

I am so confused as to how many people aren't taking this line of thinking.

BHawk28

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1nz73aky said:
SF49r":1nz73aky said:

I'm confused why you're even here trying to validate your win to Hawks fans

Ramfan128

Reaction score
BHawk28":cobfqd9l said:
Ramfan128":cobfqd9l said:
SF49r":cobfqd9l said:

I'm confused why you're even here trying to validate your win to Hawks fans

Just hopping from this forum to football future. I come here somewhat frequently so this really isn't out of the ordinary.

knownone

Reaction score
You'd have to do some serious mental gymnastics to conclude that that play did not determine the outcome of the game. If the penalty is called, the game is over.

No other call in the game was that blatant or even had anyway close to the level impact on the outcome of the game. Here's some perspective, the Saints had a 95% chance of winning the game if that penalty is called. If the face mask on Goff is called and the Rams score a TD instead of settling for a FG, the Rams only have 52% chance of winning the game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
knownone":1cfq29sw said:
You'd have to do some serious mental gymnastics to conclude that that play did not determine the outcome of the game. If the penalty is called, the game is over.

No other call in the game was that blatant or even had anyway close to the level impact on the outcome of the game. Here's some perspective, the Saints had a 95% chance of winning the game if that penalty is called. If the face mask on Goff is called and the Rams score a TD instead of settling for a FG, the Rams only have 52% chance of winning the game.

It was a big call for sure. But what you're not saying is that the Saints had a 70+% chance to win after the no call.

And that facemask was just one - they could have called the Saints for five personal fouls but called zero, and any two or three have this as a different game

Plus if they call the facemask and the PI, Saints still need a TD so it changes the complexion.