The Saints were jobbed

BHawk28

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3e3adyrx said:
knownone":3e3adyrx said:
You'd have to do some serious mental gymnastics to conclude that that play did not determine the outcome of the game. If the penalty is called, the game is over.

No other call in the game was that blatant or even had anyway close to the level impact on the outcome of the game. Here's some perspective, the Saints had a 95% chance of winning the game if that penalty is called. If the face mask on Goff is called and the Rams score a TD instead of settling for a FG, the Rams only have 52% chance of winning the game.

It was a big call for sure. But what you're not saying is that the Saints had a 70+% chance to win after the no call.

And that facemask was just one - they could have called the Saints for five personal fouls but called zero, and any two or three have this as a different game

Plus if they call the facemask and the PI, Saints still need a TD so it changes the complexion.
you're not convincing anyone. what you're not saying about the 'big' - to diminish its impact - call is that the game was damn near 100% over if it's called, period. stop with the, "still..." there would be no "still" if it's called

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

knownone

Reaction score
Ramfan128":o2dcfqz6 said:
knownone":o2dcfqz6 said:
You'd have to do some serious mental gymnastics to conclude that that play did not determine the outcome of the game. If the penalty is called, the game is over.

No other call in the game was that blatant or even had anyway close to the level impact on the outcome of the game. Here's some perspective, the Saints had a 95% chance of winning the game if that penalty is called. If the face mask on Goff is called and the Rams score a TD instead of settling for a FG, the Rams only have 52% chance of winning the game.

It was a big call for sure. But what you're not saying is that the Saints had a 70+% chance to win after the no call.

And that facemask was just one - they could have called the Saints for five personal fouls but called zero, and any two or three have this as a different game

Plus if they call the facemask and the PI, Saints still need a TD so it changes the complexion.
Like I said, mental gymnastics.

The only blatant personal foul I remember them missing, besides the Goff facemask, was the facemask on Cooks that led to a TD.

The Saints would be on the 5-yard line with a minute left and at least 1 timeout. Doesn't really change the complexion all that much.

RedAlice

Reaction score
So many bad calls Week 9.

But now it’s rigged.

I cannot explain my disgust with all of you.

SF49r

Reaction score
BHawk28":3pzueo03 said:
SF49r":3pzueo03 said:
I'd rather see a game end on a no-call with the refs letting the players play then refs getting involved and icing the game. If saints wanted to win, stop the rams from tying. Saints had the ball first in OT drove to midfield then threw an INT. Very winnable game for the Saints even after that no-call which was a horribly thrown ball and they were lucky Rams didn't intercept it. Niners lost the superbowl on a no-call 4th down blatant holding and everyone said suck it up refs let them play so tough luck Saints.
gotta say, it's kinda weird hearing a 9er fan being ok with how they lost that sb

I was more pissed about Gore not getting a single touch when we got to the 5. The holding sucked but the playcalling was worse.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
RedAlice":fpjy2wm3 said:

But now it’s rigged.

You should punish us by no longer gracing us with your presence.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Its absolutely staggering that Rams fans are trying to excuse the call, with the 'but but but there were other fouls not called on the Saints during the game'.

This WAS the game, and it was an INDEFENSIBLE no-call on 2 counts. 100% not even subjective on either count. Ref choked in that moment and didn't want to make the call. All the other calls / no calls impact the game for sure to various extents, but the impact of this call simply makes them redundant.

Feel sorry for the Saints today and I was actually routing for the Rams (to lose to the Chiefs in the Superbowl).

God knows who I'll have to rout for in 2 weeks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2l7vznli said:
SF49r":2l7vznli said:
I'd rather see a game end on a no-call with the refs letting the players play then refs getting involved and icing the game. If saints wanted to win, stop the rams from tying. Saints had the ball first in OT drove to midfield then threw an INT. Very winnable game for the Saints even after that no-call which was a horribly thrown ball and they were lucky Rams didn't intercept it. Niners lost the superbowl on a no-call 4th down blatant holding and everyone said suck it up refs let them play so tough luck Saints.

I am so confused as to how many people aren't taking this line of thinking.

Wasnt even the first missed PI on the Rams in that game.

You look ridiculous.

When you open a gift at Christmas, you dont tell the family how much you deserved it

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RedAlice":jybsn0hj said:

But now it’s rigged.

I dont think its rigged.

But it was a horrible, horrible missed call that will define that game.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Uncle Si":anxd1exy said:
RedAlice":anxd1exy said:

But now it’s rigged.

I dont think its rigged.

This ^^

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the sport, the way it's officiated, and the fact that there are high financial stakes... It is ripe for conspiracy theories.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mindsink":2kt698id said:
Uncle Si":2kt698id said:
RedAlice":2kt698id said:

But now it’s rigged.

I dont think its rigged.

This ^^

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the sport, the way it's officiated, and the fact that there are high financial stakes... It is ripe for conspiracy theories.

"A missed pass interference call in the final minutes of regulation that was so stunning, egregious and unforgivable that "The No-Call" will forever take its place among the sports lexicon."
From espn

Any rams fan trying to rationalize that no call just needs to turn off their computers for a week.

Take the gift.

Seymour

Reaction score
BHawk28":2nhd2q9s said:
Ramfan128":2nhd2q9s said:
SF49r":2nhd2q9s said:

I'm confused why you're even here trying to validate your win to Hawks fans

This. Guilt brings him here. Feeling dirty. :roll:

Why not just tackle every wide out at the end of games then? You don't throw the rules out at the end of the game. That was a blatantly obvious takeout before the ball that any 3 year old could see was a bad play. If it's close then let them play. That however was not EVEN close.... Pure bullshit IMO. :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":16mb9tii said:
"A missed pass interference call in the final minutes of regulation that was so stunning, egregious and unforgivable that "The No-Call" will forever take its place among the sports lexicon."
From espn

Any rams fan trying to rationalize that no call just needs to turn off their computers for a week.

Take the gift.

Yep, even Robey Coleman said he knew it was PI, he was just trying to prevent the touchdown..................and I agree with some of the above posters, as terrible as that non-call was, it doesn't excuse the god awful redzone playcalling of Payton the entire game, the last series of regulation playcalling and them not even scoring a FG in overtime after winning the coin toss.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2zw9g02a said:
Hawkpower":2zw9g02a said:
Ramfan128":2zw9g02a said:
BHawk28":2zw9g02a said:
lol, he's like, "it didn't decide the game, no matter what people say." yet, *he says* the officiating magically evened out, like it's fact

Just looking at the penalties and yardage assessed to both teams and seeing what the Saints got away with, I think that's accurate.

And it didn't decide the game - the Saints took the lead after that call and had multiple chances to win.

It was a bad call - but there were several non calls in the Saints favor that people are ignoring. And had they been called, this one may not have happened or mattered.

Fans that do what you are doing right now look ridiculous.

Admitting you got a gift doesnt take away from the fact that you are still going to the Super Bowl.

Trying to rationalize the worst non call ever seen is not a good look.

Just enjoy the gift and move on. They dont come often.

I'm not trying to rationalize anything. The Rams were getting hosed for 58 minutes. Both teams were getting away with stuff

but too big a discrepancy in the Saints favor

This bad call happens and people freak out because the Rams won - but the Saints still could have and should have won. Obviously me being a Rams fan looks a certain way - I get it - but even as I thought we were going to lose and clearly had the short end of officiating (before the non call), I was most upset with Goff and McVay for losing. If I'm a Saints fan I'm much more upset with Brees, Payton and that D.

They had a lead with 1:40 left against a team with one timeout. It's not like a bad call that allowed one team to win the game without another team having a chance.

I get you guys were mostly rooting for the Saints though, so I get it.

Rationalization is doing anything other than saying yep we got a gift, sucks for the Saints, glad it didnt happen to us.

End of story.

And this has nothing to do with "who we were rooting for" The entire NFL viewership outside the LA radius has the EXACT SAME take, rooting interests aside. NFL games should not be ruined with incompetence.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yeah... i wasnt rooting for the Saints. Didnt care either way. That call was just that bad.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The blown call is on the same level as giving a team a fifth down. It was a spot foul plus a 15-yard touching someone's head foul.

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":23edhzty said:
The blown call is on the same level as giving a team a fifth down. It was a spot foul plus a 15-yard touching someone's head foul.

Disagree.

A 5th down you still need to make the next play from where you were. That no call was GAME!! Make the call game over.

chris98251

Reaction score
I rank that call up with the phantom hold on Locklear, the phantom horsecollar tackle on Hasselbeck, the phantom Offensive pass interference on Jackson also that same game, the touchdown helmet on Rothesburger, the helmet football on Testerverde.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2lz4ki2e said:
Ramfan128":2lz4ki2e said:
SF49r":2lz4ki2e said:

Wasnt even the first missed PI on the Rams in that game.

You look ridiculous.

When you open a gift at Christmas, you dont tell the family how much you deserved i
t

Correction...You don't, but he does! Then he ends it with "is that all you got me?". :x

camdawg

Reaction score
RedAlice":3u5q4aak said:

But now it’s rigged.

The penalty disparity in that 45-35 game was four penalties on you for 32 yards, two on New Orleans for 20 yards.

You honestly think that's at all close to what the Saints just suffered in the rematch?

Mindsink

Reaction score
camdawg":379svty3 said:
RedAlice":379svty3 said:

But now it’s rigged.

The penalty disparity in that 45-35 game was four penalties on you for 32 yards, two on New Orleans for 20 yards.

You honestly think that's at all close to what the Saints just suffered in the rematch?

Yeah, not to mention with a SuperBowl berth on the line as well.