The Saints were jobbed

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2wn1w78k said:
Ramfan128":2wn1w78k said:
Uncle Si":2wn1w78k said:
Is there a rule that says penalties need to be even?
When did that happen? disparity just means your team fouled more.. and still got away with 3 huge non calls.

If this exercise is making you feel better so be it, but its not covering you in glory here.

And it wont make the asterik or long standing impact of an unearned Super Bowl trip go away.

Okay we got away with three huge non calls. Saints got away with at least six.

Unearned Super Bowl trip? My God. The Saints had a 78% chance to win the game after they got screwed so badly.

Saying this is an unearned Super Bowl trip is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read in my life.

You should get out more.. or just read through your posts here

Unearned... if the flag was thrown the Rams dont go. Simple.

Ignorance is trying to argue that point to justify the worst decision in nfl history going your way.

But here you are... still... trying to do just that

Okay let's try this again: the Saints had Aaron Donald by the facemask on this play. So the best case scenario would be replaying this down. How can anyone argue with this?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":11vfl0pw said:
Uncle Si":11vfl0pw said:
chris98251":11vfl0pw said:
RedAlice":11vfl0pw said:
Haha.

I’m still waiting for anyone to tell me what the Rams did wrong.

Cuz you’ve made them the Bad Guy in this.

Rams played a game of football.

Refs messed up.

Your Cornerback to and targeted the WR with a helmet to helmet hit. don't say the Rams did nothing wrong.

Im surprised the mental gymnastics Rams fans are going through just to justify what has alteady been called the worst officiating decision in the history of the league.

Even the offending player was adamant in his guilt.

Only desperate Rams could make people root for Tom Brady... but here we are

Just think for a minute about how incredibly dumb this sounds. Really stop and think. Take away your dislike for the Rams.

The worst officiating decision in the history of the league resulted in a team that took a lead with one minute and 40 seconds to go in regulation.

And if it had been called properly it would have effectively ended the game.

Think for a minute how dumb it is to argue against that. To not have full understanding of the impact of thst no call and what it meant.

You won't... but youd be more respectfed if you did

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2wr5s6mu said:
Uncle Si":2wr5s6mu said:
Ramfan128":2wr5s6mu said:
Uncle Si":2wr5s6mu said:
When did that happen? disparity just means your team fouled more.. and still got away with 3 huge non calls.

If this exercise is making you feel better so be it, but its not covering you in glory here.

And it wont make the asterik or long standing impact of an unearned Super Bowl trip go away.

Unearned Super Bowl trip? My God. The Saints had a 78% chance to win the game after they got screwed so badly.

Saying this is an unearned Super Bowl trip is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read in my life.

Ignorance is trying to argue that point to justify the worst decision in nfl history going your way.

Okay let's try this again: the Saints had Aaron Donald by the facemask on this play. So the best case scenario would be replaying this down. How can anyone argue with this?

Just gets better and better.

These claims are so soft and desperate youll never enjoy your win.

Thats funny.

Thing is... im not even emotional about it. Wasnt then, not now. But you cant stop needing to defend the indefensible

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1jiqv9z9 said:
Ramfan128":1jiqv9z9 said:
Uncle Si":1jiqv9z9 said:

If you truly believe this, I feel really bad for you. After this flag, the Saints had every opportunity to win the game. Accountability is a rare thing these days, but blaming any loss on officiating is a cop out. I can't let this go because if this happened to the Rams, I'd be furious with our stars on defense for allowing this game to get to OT. Then I'd be furious with our supposed elite offense for turning the ball over in OT. Sure it was a bad call, but those have happened over and over again in all sports.

The Patriots cheating scandals started with Super Bowl 36 - but whatever the Patriots did or didn't do, it didn't force Kurt Warner to throw a pick 6 to Ty Law. That's on Warner.

And I mean, really - think about what you just said, again - "ignorance is trying to argue that point to justify the worst decision in nfl history going your way" - I'm arguing something isn't what it can't possibly be, while you're arguing that something is what it can't possibly be. And then you talk about ignorance? There are worse non calls all over the place, if for no simpler fact than this: the Saints had a 78% chance to win the game after this no call. There have been a million no calls in the NFL that left a team with a much worse chance to win the game. C'mon.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not my words. Those have been splashed all over major media for days.

Think about it... really think about it.

I feel sorry for you. Desperate to find justification, failing miserably and resorting to cheap passive aggressive comments to support your failing attempts.

Sad... but enjoyable.

Youre trying every tactic you can and still have to go on with the fact your teams win is tainted

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ss1kmavq said:
Ramfan128":ss1kmavq said:
Uncle Si":ss1kmavq said:
Ramfan128":ss1kmavq said:

Thats funny.

Thing is... im not even emotional about it. Wasnt then, not now. But you cant stop needing to defend the indefensible

So...accurately pointing out that there was a missed call that would have nullified the DPI and thus, not ended the game, is....soft and desperate?

It proves that people really have nothing to complain about - but you're too....I don't know what....to admit that the non call didn't decide the game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":obcxecul said:

I feel sorry for you. Desperate to find justification, failing miserably and resorting to cheap passive aggressive comments to support your failing attempts.

Sad... but enjoyable

So the media matters now? Some in the media aren't saying that.

I'm surprised you stand with the media though...given that most of them didn't seem to upset about the Seahawks getting screwed in the Super Bowl against the Steelers.

Or do they only matter now because they're mostly going against the Rams?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1ytbi9d3 said:
Uncle Si":1ytbi9d3 said:
Ramfan128":1ytbi9d3 said:
Uncle Si":1ytbi9d3 said:

Thats funny.

So...accurately pointing out that there was a missed call that would have nullified the DPI and thus, not ended the game, is....soft and desperate?

It proves that people really have nothing to complain about - but you're too....I don't know what....to admit that the non call didn't decide the game.

Then why are you trying to convince people otherwise? On a Seahawks board no less?

Weird you cant see it

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":j09w5y69 said:
Uncle Si":j09w5y69 said:

Sad... but enjoyable

So the media matters now? Some in the media aren't saying that.

I'm surprised you stand with the media though...given that most of them didn't seem to upset about the Seahawks getting screwed in the Super Bowl against the Steelers.

Or do they only matter now because they're mostly going against the Rams?

Seriously?
Thats your take away?

Christ on a bike...

Do you think i care it was the Rams? Or still care about a game in 2006?

Thats adorable.

El Caliente

Reaction score
I don’t think (at least I don’t) Saints fans are upset at the Rams, it’s not like it’s the Rams fault that they are in the Super Bowl. They got in, good for them.

What Saints fans are upset about is how much the refs determined the outcome of the game.

Like when Josh Hill was taken out by a helmet to helmet and didn’t come back because of a concussion. Never mind that drive ended in a fg.

Or later in the first when Nickell Roby was called for a DPI but the refs picked it up after discussing it.

Or prior to the Goff face mask (that every Rams fan brings up) how the Rams shouldn’t have even been on the field on account of Roby Coleman holding Ted Ginn on 3rd down.

But let’s look past the obvious PI arhat wasn’t called in regulation (Roby’s 3rd uncalled DPI son the day) and go to that overtime. People say, “well Brees threw an interception and lost you guys the game.” Yes, one of the most accurate QBs in NFL history, who has thrown for the fewest interceptions in the NFL this year just hung one up there for all of God’s creation to catch. The man got hit in the face, and the Saints should have advanced the ball.

The Rams only had 7 penalties for 64 yards? Hell, they got off light, they should have had 10 with over 100 yards.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Before somebody mentions “delay of game on the Saints”, does anyone know who called the timeout when the Rams were deep in their own red zone, because it wasn’t Goff or McVay.

At any rate, I look forward to the Saints vs Rams next season. It will be a good one.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I dont anyone would blame the Rams. This is on the officials. Human error is a part of the game. Its unfortunate that in this instance egregious human error immediately changed the outcome.

Like Bryants non catch against the Packers, this game will be remembered for leading to a significant change in process

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1rvzhhpr said:

Sad... but enjoyable.

Youre trying every tactic you can and still have to go on with the fact your teams win is tainted
This Rams can reminds me of the Stealers fans that invaded our then forum trying to justify their win in XL*.
Sad.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1lylpq94 said:
Uncle Si":1lylpq94 said:

Sad... but enjoyable.

This Rams can reminds me of the Stealers fans that invaded our then forum trying to justify their win in XL*.
Sad.

Right?
Just take your win...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1rboui9o said:
Sports Hernia":1rboui9o said:
Uncle Si":1rboui9o said:

Sad... but enjoyable.

Sad.

Right?
Just take your win...
Exactly. He’s putting too much stock in what other’s think.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ov52dgqg said:
The game has always been played with and officiated with human fallibility a part of it.
"Because it's always been that way" is one of the weakest attempts at rationale for anything, ever.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":84vl3ioh said:
Uncle Si":84vl3ioh said:
The game has always been played with and officiated with human fallibility a part of it.
"Because it's always been that way" is one of the weakest attempts at rationale for anything, ever.

Bit of cherry picking there.

I didnt use it as a rationale for anything. Even stated the game and the error will be remembered for the changes it brought.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't matter one bit what happened before that play. That play was a direct result in the Saints not making the Super Bowl. It's unacceptable, but hey the league got their LA team in the Super Bowl so....... :roll:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Not sure how Wham fans are justifying this win and that their sb appearance was actually earned??? Sorry if the Hawks were on the receiving end of this we would never hear the end of it. We are still criticized for fail mary...imagine a super bowl altering play

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Saints were robbed.

Rams fans desperately want to justify this win so they can fully enjoy going to the Super Bowl. But they can never truly justify it to themselves or anyone else and the fact that they were gifted this game will always sit in the back of their mind. They will never be able to fully enjoy this win without making justifications for it.