So, who is everyone rooting for?

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
chris98251":30eavcol said:
The Rams don't deserve it the Saints do, the disdain Rams fan's again mistake as hate is for them, the lack of accepting of the gift they got and the defense of it as if they somehow earned it or it didn't happen.

I guess you dont remember bounty gate, or the terrible call on Brooks when he hit Breez. Breez has been one of the untouchables most of his career, benefiting from many terrible calls. The Aints don't deserve sh*t, karma is a bit*h..

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":1fd9qele said:
chris98251":1fd9qele said:
The Rams don't deserve it the Saints do, the disdain Rams fan's again mistake as hate is for them, the lack of accepting of the gift they got and the defense of it as if they somehow earned it or it didn't happen.

I guess you dont remember bounty gate, or the terrible call on Brooks when he hit Breez. Breez has been one of the untouchables most of his career, benefiting from many terrible calls. The Aints don't deserve sh*t, karma is a bit*h..

If a win/loss record of 59-43 after the 2012 season is karma, I'd welcome it every time.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Really hoping there are more controversial calls...like out right shitty calls like the blatantly missed pi and the phantom roughing the qb. I want the game to be absolutely dreadful in every facet. Read that ticket prices have plummeted in the secondary market so not a lot of interest it seems. Maroon5 might be the best part of this game and that is just sad...it will be the first sb since I can remember that I dont watch. Hope the Rams lose because of a shitty call...so we can hear the whining from their fans who claim they won the last game legit. * NFC Champions so gotta be proud regardless!

rjas77

Reaction score
Rooting for the Patriots....at least they EARNED their win

Vesuve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3vqng433 said:
Really hoping there are more controversial calls...like out right shitty calls like the blatantly missed pi and the phantom roughing the qb. I want the game to be absolutely dreadful in every facet. Read that ticket prices have plummeted in the secondary market so not a lot of interest it seems. Maroon5 might be the best part of this game and that is just sad...it will be the first sb since I can remember that I dont watch. Hope the Rams lose because of a shitty call...so we can hear the whining from their fans who claim they won the last game legit. * NFC Champions so gotta be proud regardless!

I feel the same way.

I'm not sure I'll watch it.

I don't have much interest and I'm a football lover.

olyfan63

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2khut2r8 said:
The Rams.

I love the way they made it to the Super Bowl. The more butthurt people are about one silly no call the harder I will root for them.

RAMS.

Has everyone lost their memory and forgotten the "Tuck Rule" BS that gifted the Patriots a Super Bowl appearance, which they wound up winning? Why should the Rams pay for one botched call, BY THE REFS?

The Forty-Whiners still complain about the 2013 NFCCG and how the game was fixed for the Seahawks to win it. Several lame YouTube videos making the case that the league and refs fixed the game for the 'Hawks to win have millions of views. Do Seahawks fans go around apologizing for any good fortune, real or imagined, in that NFCCG? No, no, and HELL NO!! All we say is "SB 48 CHAMPS, BABY!!!"

What I saw in Rams at Saints NFCCG is that even after that ?purposely? botched PI call, it still took about a half-dozen fantastic plays by the Rams to get the win. Let's say 3 plays on the game-tying FG drive. No picnic there. Then, in OT, the Rams pass-rusher had to beat the Saints OL and get to Brees to affect the throw. Then, DB John Johnson had to locate the ball, and catch it, while basically on his back. Then Zeurlein had to make that LONG FG to win it. Yes, that missed PI was big, but things suck and your team has to play through it. The so-called "missed facemask" on Goff--to me, that was a proper no-call IMO. So not even a factor. Let's just say that the Rams made more plays after the missed PI fiasco than the Saints did. As the game showed, the teams were well-matched and both teams were "deserving".

Getting to the Super Bowl is HARD. Any road win in the NFL is a good win. Playoff road wins are the BEST.
Two times in the Pete Carroll era we've won HOME games to go to the Super Bowl.
What did it take at crunch time in those two NFCCG?
1) 2013 "The Tip", Sherman to Malcolm Smith, picking off Crapernick to preserve the win, and
2) 2014 "Ryan to Gilliam" fake punt TD, and "The onside kick" and an amazing, unlikely comeback to beat a Packers team that had flat kicked our asses all day up to that point. TWO trick plays it took to win that one.

The Rams will be a tougher matchup for the Patriots, IMO. They have the pass-rushers to get to Brady. I don't really see NE both stopping that Rams offense and putting up enough points to ice the game before crunch time. In 4th quarter crunch time, I expect to see the Rams Offense score multiple times on an exhausted Patriots D. When Brady has a chance for heroics, I expect to see Aaron Donald or Rams edge rushers affect Brady's throw(s) and either result in a pick or an incomplete that gives the ball back to Goff, Gurley & Co.

I'm glad the Rams are repping the NFC in the SB. I think they match up better with the Patriots than the Saints would have, primarily because of their pass rush and DL. As long as the Patriots lose, it's all good.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":536cwpim said:
Well, hate the Pats or not, they were not HANDED a Super Bowl trip like the clams.
Again, anyone recall "Tuck Rule"? Yes, it may have been a "valid call" of an obscure and wacky rule, but that was key in gifting the Pats their SB appearance and eventual win.

So let's hold off on passing out halos to the Patriots and Devil Horns to the Rams.

naholmes

Reaction score
olyfan63":1gmfcx3h said:
SoulfishHawk":1gmfcx3h said:
Well, hate the Pats or not, they were not HANDED a Super Bowl trip like the clams.
Again, anyone recall "Tuck Rule"? Yes, it may have been a "valid call" of an obscure and wacky rule, but that was key in gifting the Pats their SB appearance and eventual win.

So let's hold off on passing out halos to the Patriots and Devil Horns to the Rams.

The overturned muffed punt by Edelman was huge for the Pats. I don’t think he touched it but I hardly think it was clear and irrefutable, so I thought the play should have stood as called.

mrt144

Reaction score
Rams all the way. I have a grudging admiration for McVay the same as I have for BB but...

I wanna see some fresh blood win it. We're out of the running, I don't care if our divisional rival wins it all cause it's not against us and we had our shot. Next season I want the Rams to lose 16 games if possible (okay, I want them to lose 16 games because McVay was abducted by football crazed aliens to teach the youth on their planet how to play) but now, in this situation.

Gimme the fresh blood victory.

mrt144

Reaction score
Mindsink":mrzf8oj1 said:
Reasons to root for Pats.

1.) The no-call.

2.) Gurley posting a photo of him swapping jerseys with a ref. Classless.

3.) Ndongsucka Suh. Dirty player.

4.) Goff and McVeigh. I just don't like their faces.

5.) Rams fans being brought back to earth will be glorious.

Brought back to earth? They barely have even left orbit.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Was too busy to pop in before the game but wow. Surprised anyone who’s a Seahawks fan would root for a division rival.

Pats have the best QB coach and team of all time, one more win just confirms what’s already known. So big deal I’d they win but to root for a division rival to win a championship? Gross.

This was only mildly acceptable in the Steelers/cards super bowl mainly because of the cards history of futility.