Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Earl Thomas enrolled his kids in Austin school district

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Thomas enrolling his kids in school in his hometown of Austin certainly doesn’t guarantee that he will sign with Dallas — although it is a strong sign that he won’t be back in Seattle.

That was already the most likely scenario given his tumultuous relationship with the front office and his $10 million-plus contract demand, which is reasonable but outside of Seattle’s expected budget for 2019.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Strange he wouldn't figure out where he is going first. It's like we're on the precipice of a new school year so there shouldn't be a rush.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Wrong forum... he isn’t a hawk.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:Wrong forum... he isn’t a hawk.

Technically he still is under contract until the new year begins March 13, 2019.

As noted by jammerhawk >>> http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153536#p2263141

But I get that he has already opted out of the program and many fans want to move on.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Franchise him and trade him to the browns ASAP.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Is that permitted under the CBA? There is some question about that as it remains a topic of convo surrounding Foles. Given the middle digit salute to the FO perhaps if it is possible the team could do that if Clark doesn't need to be franchised.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Meh...he let us know what he thought about being a Hawk when he flipped off his own team. Thanks for everything ET. Best of luck in the future just not against the hawks.
    coorslighthawk
    NET Starter

• CPHawk wrote:Franchise him and trade him to the browns ASAP.

Do you really want the Browns to get good?
    Mizak
    NET Starter

• Sure who cares?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• CPHawk wrote:Franchise him and trade him to the browns ASAP.

Franchising tagging him would be a 1-year offer of $12,395,650 (averaging the top-5 2019 contract values at FS of Berry, McCourty, Jenkins, Smith, and McLeod). I don’t think he’d sign the tag unless the team trading for him would meet his contract demands for a long term and big dollar deal; that’s not even taking into account that team would still have to compensate the Seahawks for the trade.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Thomas enrolling his kids in school in his hometown of Austin certainly doesn’t guarantee that he will sign with Dallas — although it is a strong sign that he won’t be back in Seattle.

That was already the most likely scenario given his tumultuous relationship with the front office and his $10 million-plus contract demand, which is reasonable but outside of Seattle’s expected budget for 2019.

Just for clarification, Austin is Not Earl’s hometown. It is where he went to college though.

He’s from the Beaumont area, Orange Tx. specifically.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Quite sad where things went with ET. He was the ultimate team player and teammate until he decided a new contract now is more important... Not sure why he decided to become that guy. Telling Dallas to come get him, etc.

I wanna believe there's a whole lot to the story we're naive to. It's like he's a completely different person than he was, just a couple years ago.
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• Praying the Austin school district provides super nutritious lunch, Earl’s kids are hungry, daddy not getting contract extension and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Not surprising. He knows he's done in Seattle, so he is moving to a location that he and his family would like to settle down long term. We all knew he would move back to Texas one day. If you didn't, then you haven't followed Earl Thomas very closely at any point in his career.
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Seymour wrote:Here is another "sign" that he won't be playing for Seattle to those that missed it.

This.

We didn't need to know his kids being enrolled in another school district to know Earl wasn't coming back..........that bridge was burned as soon as Earl got hurt again.

Knowing how Earl likes to emotionally make all his decisions, I'd bet that he signs with the Niners just to spite us, like Sherman did.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• So the way this reads is that he is living in Austin right now and that's why his kids are enrolled. There are over three months left in the school year there.

Additionally, Austin is at least a three hour drive to Dallas.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• Earl wants a long term deal, it's a safe bet he's not getting one here. He has always had a permanent home in Texas, so it's not surprising. He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started. Not sure what all the fuss is about.
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Austin real estate is increasing at one of the highest rates in the country. Great time to buy there.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:Earl wants a long term deal, it's a safe bet he's not getting one here. He has always had a permanent home in Texas, so it's not surprising. He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

No fuss, unless you were one of the delusional fans still holding out hope that Earl and Pete would hug it out and Earl would entertain coming back.

Honestly I don't think Pete would sign Earl back, even on a cheap deal........we've moved on, and Earl is obviously still hell bent on getting a big deal elsewhere. Hope he does, good for him. I love Earl, but it's time for everyone to move on.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• kidhawk wrote:Earl wants a long term deal, it's a safe bet he's not getting one here. He has always had a permanent home in Texas, so it's not surprising. He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

As far as I'm concerned, "the fiasco" started on 2/1/15. Is that what you are referring to because he was living here (during the season) just this year??
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Earl has a lot of ties to Texas. He grew up there, his wife lived there after moving from New Orleans after Katrina, and she even went to community college in Austin. His parents live in Orange, TX.

He may be settling his family there regardless of where he ends up in the NFL, because he might be going through a few "prove it" deals, or bounce around for the best dollars.

Sorry to turn this into a non-story, but it seems like one to me. We know he's not going to stay here, and we also know he doesn't have another 10 years in the league. His daughter is 5 this year and starting school. He's settling his family down where he wants to live after football is over. Nothing to see here.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Earl wants a long term deal, it's a safe bet he's not getting one here. He has always had a permanent home in Texas, so it's not surprising. He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

As far as I'm concerned, "the fiasco" started on 2/1/15. Is that what you are referring to because he was living here (during the season) just this year??

As far as I know, he's maintained his Texas residency every off season. Texas has always been what he's called home. I don't think that would change no matter where he signs, which is why I don't see it as a big deal that he'd enroll his kids in a Texas school.
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Happy trials, ET! I loved ya while you were here, but.....
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• You don't need to live where you work. I live in Seattle but primarily work in the Bay Area....just sayin.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Earl wants a long term deal, it's a safe bet he's not getting one here. He has always had a permanent home in Texas, so it's not surprising. He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

As far as I know, he's maintained his Texas residency every off season. Texas has always been what he's called home. I don't think that would change no matter where he signs, which is why I don't see it as a big deal that he'd enroll his kids in a Texas school.

Agree. Except you said...."He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started".
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:You don't need to live where you work. I live in Seattle but primarily work in the Bay Area....just sayin.

Thomas would only be away for around 5 weeks out of the year - he holds out of camp, shows up for 3 weeks, gets injured, and heads back home.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• I say his behavior since 2017 when he walked into the Dallas locker room illustrates where he is at. As much as I like Earl, I say get rid of him. He is a distraction. The crap he pulled on the sideline after he got injured was classless. He does not want to be here.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

• lol at a poster saying trade him to the Browns like the Browns are terrible. The Browns are arguably the best team in the AFC North at this current moment. If you want ET to rot, send him to some place like Oakland or the Jets.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Peace out.... sad how little he seems to care about an organization he played soo many years for.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:lol at a poster saying trade him to the Browns like the Browns are terrible. The Browns are arguably the best team in the AFC North at this current moment. If you want ET to rot, send him to some place like Oakland or the Jets.

The Browns have had two winning seasons in the last 20 years (since they got the expansion franchise). Two. Let's see if that franchise can have a winning season anytime soon. The last time they did it, George W. Bush was President.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• NFL network is talking like he’s going to GreenBay?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• bmorepunk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:lol at a poster saying trade him to the Browns like the Browns are terrible. The Browns are arguably the best team in the AFC North at this current moment. If you want ET to rot, send him to some place like Oakland or the Jets.

The Browns have had two winning seasons in the last 20 years (since they got the expansion franchise). Two. Let's see if that franchise can have a winning season anytime soon. The last time they did it, George W. Bush was President.

I’m struggling to see what the past 20 years have anything to do with the upcoming 2019 season. How many of those seasons did they have Baker Mayfield? How many of those seasons did they have a young, physically imposing defense?

- Pittsburgh is in free fall mode. Everyone wants out
    - Bengals are a dumpster fire right now

The Browns have their best chance to win their division in quite sometime . They are easily a middle of the pack team now. There are much worse teams out and situations than Cleveland.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• bmorepunk wrote:So the way this reads is that he is living in Austin right now and that's why his kids are enrolled. There are over three months left in the school year there.

Additionally, Austin is at least a three hour drive to Dallas.

It's a whole lot closer than Orange, TX which is on the Louisiana border.

Bottom line, the animosity between Mr. Thomas and the Seawhawk FO has risen to "off the charts" territory. If Earl didn't have bad luck....he'd have no luck at all :!:
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Kid nailed it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Wherever he ends up hopefully there are a couple of teams in a bidding war for him.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I believe we also have to remember the 'Hawks advised ET to have screws put into his broken leg in '17, to help strengthen the bone. ET refused to have that done and decided to let it heal naturally and we all know what happened next....he broke the same bone again. So why in the world would the 'Hawks sign him again? YMMV
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• I believe Earl is a regular sensitive guy whose feelings and convictions run deep, who is an excellent teammate and upstanding citizen.

I also believe that when his adrenaline us up, he can be a complete asshole who speaks and acts without thinking.

Unfortunately, it's the latter part that makes him unfit to continue in Seattle, because in an environment in which players are free to speak their minds, it is up to them to filter what they should and should not share. Earl has no such filter in the heat of the moment.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information