Kaepernick wanted $20m for a $75k position in AAF

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Maulbert":3830gayr said:
JGfromtheNW":3830gayr said:
Ahhhh yes. I need to “get over myself” for calling out ridiculous posts. Where did I say what was happening was evil? Or if I’m even on Kaep’s side? Well I guess I think racism and police brutality is wrong, so I’m on his side there. The collusion case is an uphill battle for him. Do I think he’s right or that he’s worth $20MM a year? Probably not. And you’re correct, he’s rendered himself a headache because of his protests. He clearly hasn’t taken a job as a back up or for less pay than he feels he’s worth based on his own convictions. I don’t think he’s wrong to do that - he believes he’s correct and therefore won’t play for beans. They can’t come to an agreement. Not sure how that makes him any less of someone who is “for the people” by sticking to his beliefs.

I used to hate Kaep as much as the next guy, but to villinize him for wanting to be paid what he believes he’s worth is beyond ridiculous, whether it’s in the NFL or the AAF. And let’s not act like the vast majority of people hate him for anything other than political reasons.

But if he thinks he's worth $20m, which is a #$%&ing joke, then he priced himself out of the game, not because of some dumb collusion conspiracy.

Apparently it was worth paying Kaep at least $20MM per year for the two that he was out of the league, according to the rumored amounts he's getting in the collusion settlement.

The NFL pretty much admitted they were, at the very least, colluding against Kaep with that settlement.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":68osbkpj said:
Maulbert":68osbkpj said:
JGfromtheNW":68osbkpj said:
Ahhhh yes. I need to “get over myself” for calling out ridiculous posts. Where did I say what was happening was evil? Or if I’m even on Kaep’s side? Well I guess I think racism and police brutality is wrong, so I’m on his side there. The collusion case is an uphill battle for him. Do I think he’s right or that he’s worth $20MM a year? Probably not. And you’re correct, he’s rendered himself a headache because of his protests. He clearly hasn’t taken a job as a back up or for less pay than he feels he’s worth based on his own convictions. I don’t think he’s wrong to do that - he believes he’s correct and therefore won’t play for beans. They can’t come to an agreement. Not sure how that makes him any less of someone who is “for the people” by sticking to his beliefs.

I used to hate Kaep as much as the next guy, but to villinize him for wanting to be paid what he believes he’s worth is beyond ridiculous, whether it’s in the NFL or the AAF. And let’s not act like the vast majority of people hate him for anything other than political reasons.

But if he thinks he's worth $20m, which is a joke, then he priced himself out of the game, not because of some dumb collusion conspiracy.

Apparently it was worth paying Kaep at least $20MM per year for the two that he was out of the league, according to the rumored amounts he's getting in the collusion settlement.

The NFL pretty much admitted they were, at the very least, colluding against Kaep with that settlement.

If you really think it's that simple, you're wrong.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He got 80 million..now it's time for him to stop thinking he can play football. 49ers might a had another ring or two if not for him.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Maulbert":28b2iunq said:
JGfromtheNW":28b2iunq said:
Maulbert":28b2iunq said:
JGfromtheNW":28b2iunq said:

But if he thinks he's worth $20m, which is a joke, then he priced himself out of the game, not because of some dumb collusion conspiracy.

If you really think it's that simple, you're wrong.

Of course it's not that simple, but dude's getting PAAAAAAAIIIIIDDDD.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":i2rrz7yl said:
1) Even if Kaepernick supposedly has never experienced racism (laughable) or police brutality, why can he not take a stance, especially the correct stance, on the issues?

2) Kaepernick was a league average starting QB in his last year on a team completely devoid of any talent or confidence. But he's not even good enough to be a back up?

Do you people even read the crap you post?
And he's not "for the people" because he believes he's worth a $20MM a year salary to play football? Holy cow.

Obviously you do . :lol:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I guarantee if Krapper actually had talent he could get away with his bs and would of got signed. There examples of other players who are high maintenance and they still get jobs in the league..why because their talent is at time worth the bs that comes with them.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Cyrus12":654ziy6i said:
JGfromtheNW":654ziy6i said:
1) Even if Kaepernick supposedly has never experienced racism (laughable) or police brutality, why can he not take a stance, especially the correct stance, on the issues?

2) Kaepernick was a league average starting QB in his last year on a team completely devoid of any talent or confidence. But he's not even good enough to be a back up?

Do you people even read the crap you post?
And he's not "for the people" because he believes he's worth a $20MM a year salary to play football? Holy cow.

Obviously you do . :lol:

Well I'd have nothing to respond to if there wasn't such low hanging fruit.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":i2teutra said:
Do you people even read the crap you post? And he's not "for the people" because he believes he's worth a $20MM a year salary to play football? Holy cow.
He's not "for the people" because you don't walk into a McDonald's and say you'll flip burgers if they pay you $4,005/hr. Asking for $20m/year for an AAF spot is ridiculous. Build yourself a bridge and get over it; accept the truth of my statement. :)

$20,000,000/year is 267 times as much money as $75,000/year; so yes, it's like walking into a McDonald's and instead of asking for $15/hr, you ask for $4,005/hr to flip burgers.

That is both delusional and insulting. You cannot possibly think otherwise. It doesn't matter what he could make in the NFL, because the AAF is not that.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1uazdnqd said:
JGfromtheNW":1uazdnqd said:
Do you people even read the crap you post? And he's not "for the people" because he believes he's worth a $20MM a year salary to play football? Holy cow.
He's not "for the people" because you don't walk into a McDonald's and say you'll flip burgers if they pay you $4,005/hr. Asking for $20m/year for an AAF spot is ridiculous. Build yourself a bridge and get over it; accept the truth of my statement. :)

$20,000,000/year is 267 times as much money as $75,000/year; so yes, it's like walking into a McDonald's and instead of asking for $15/hr, you ask for $4,005/hr to flip burgers.

That is both delusional and insulting. You cannot possibly think otherwise. It doesn't matter what he could make in the NFL, because the AAF is not that.

But he was in a case against the NFL and he could not take that 75,000 without possbly hurting his case. Now that he has a settlement he probably could and have it not affect it.

Kaep's issue now is proving he can still play at a high level, which means a spring roster on a NFL team or one of the other leagues and putting up very good numbers to show he is a step above the competition.

mrt144

Reaction score
Cyrus12":21bgebn5 said:
He got 80 million..now it's time for him to stop thinking he can play football. 49ers might a had another ring or two if not for him.
:lol: Strong hate thirst arguing on behalf of dispossessed Niners fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ughwpil said:
JGfromtheNW":2ughwpil said:

I’d even flip burgers for $4005/hr. 8)

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
chris98251":2pms5hz0 said:
RolandDeschain":2pms5hz0 said:
JGfromtheNW":2pms5hz0 said:

But he was in a case against the NFL and he could not take that 75,000 without possbly hurting his case. Now that he has a settlement he probably could and have it not affect it.

Kaep's issue now is proving he can still play at a high level, which means a spring roster on a NFL team or one of the other leagues and putting up very good numbers to show he is a step above the competition.

Agreed, Chris. Never know how it could affect his case, along with Kaep proving a point that he's not going to play for beans.

Weird comparison between flipping burgers and playing QB in the AAF or NFL. 99% of willing people could flip burgers at McD's, a fraction of 1 percent could play QB in the AAF -- even smaller amount could play QB in the NFL. Do you think he'd be willing to flip burgers for $15/hr if he's the #1 flipper or do you think he's ok being the back up at that rate? :lol:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3gyhz6bn said:
Agreed, Chris. Never know how it could affect his case, along with Kaep proving a point that he's not going to play for beans.

Weird comparison between flipping burgers and playing QB in the AAF or NFL. 99% of willing people could flip burgers at McD's, a fraction of 1 percent could play QB in the AAF -- even smaller amount could play QB in the NFL. Do you think he'd be willing to flip burgers for $15/hr if he's the #1 flipper or do you think he's ok being the back up at that rate? :lol:
Psh, he just proved it was all about money, so....I laugh at those that were "fighting the good fight" along with him.

Everybody's green on the inside.

mrt144

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8e8tagou said:
JGfromtheNW":8e8tagou said:

Psh, he just proved it was all about money, so....I laugh at those that were "fighting the good fight" along with him.

Everybody's green on the inside.

A cynic loves to project, always.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Strange that so few are noticing the timing of this leak versus the timing of the settlement with the NFL. That definitely is not a coincidence.

Marvin49

Reaction score
So thought about this a bit before posting, wondering if I should or not. Finally decided I would (obviously).

1) I kinda doubt the report that he wanted 20 mil. I have nothing to say its false because quite honestly I'm too lazy to look for it, but that report to me seemed suspicious from the start.

2) People saying he folded over the money crack me up. He sued the NFL saying that NFL teams colluded to keep him out of the league. It was always a lawsuit seeking monetary reward for having his career prematurely ended over a statement against injustice. If he hadn't settled and won his case, he'd have gotten a monetary award. His political stance was completely wrapped up in that lawsuit.

3) "For the people". Seriously? Dude gave 1 Mil of his own money and essentially lost his career over this thing and now that he takes money in a lawsuit against the league, suddenly he's not "for the people" anymore? Please.

Honestly, I think people expect things of athletes that are completely unrealistic and would never in a million years do themselves.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ry5l94b said:
So thought about this a bit before posting, wondering if I should or not. Finally decided I would (obviously).

1) I kinda doubt the report that he wanted 20 mil. I have nothing to say its false because quite honestly I'm too lazy to look for it, but that report to me seemed suspicious from the start.

2) People saying he folded over the money crack me up. He sued the NFL saying that NFL teams colluded to keep him out of the league. It was always a lawsuit seeking monetary reward for having his career prematurely ended over a statement against injustice. If he hadn't settled and won his case, he'd have gotten a monetary award. His political stance was completely wrapped up in that lawsuit.

3) "For the people". Seriously? Dude gave 1 Mil of his own money and essentially lost his career over this thing and now that he takes money in a lawsuit against the league, suddenly he's not "for the people" anymore? Please.

Honestly, I think people expect things of athletes that are completely unrealistic and would never in a million years do themselves.
In the real world, if you publicly embroil yourself in controversial politics and that's not part of your job, your employer can fire you in most cases. In other words: he chose his path. Step down off your high horse. :)

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2lwq7582 said:
Marvin49":2lwq7582 said:

In the real world, if you publicly embroil yourself in controversial politics and that's not part of your job, your employer can fire you in most cases. In other words: he chose his path. Step down off your high horse. :)
In the real world, if your employer signed a collective bargaining agreement that includes stipulations against something like black balling an employee, your employer is breaking their contract and liable for damages if they do it. As this is indeed the real world, the NFL came down off of their high horse and offered a settlement because, unlike the Brady case, which they were willing to fight to the end, they realized they could lose and would lose big if they did lose.