Rams poll

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

After last years Superbowl collapse, will the Rams fans show their faces this year to troll is?

Poll ended at Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 am

Yes
22
81%
No
5
19%
 
Total votes : 27

Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 7:47 am
  • Thought this would be fun. If they do, I cant wait to point out how their allstar team gave the biggest dud in SB history!
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 810
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:43 am


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 9:15 am
  • hoping the superbowl loser curse kicks in big time for the Lambs
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2389
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:14 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 9:18 am
  • Well, considering people assumed they would win the whole thing, it was awesome to see them play so horrible. That being said, they were flat out handed that Super Bowl birth, so it seemed very fitting.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12172
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 10:01 am
  • I do expect the Rams to slide back a little bit this year.

    But IMO they're still the front runners in the west, with both us and SF close behind...........that's right I think the Niners are much improved, had a great draft and Garoppolo back should mean the west is as nasty as it's ever been.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14915
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 am
  • It's a new season and anything can and will happen.

    Rams will not be as good as last year and will not sqeak out victories vs Seattle.

    Garropolo smallopolo, until this guy does something he's basically Matt Flynn.
    Last edited by Largent80 on Tue May 14, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 10:31 am
  • I hate the Rams, but I expect them to still be real good. More like 10-6/11-5 good though.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12172
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 10:39 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Garropolo smallopolo, until this guy does something he's basically Matt Flynn.


    We lost to them with Nick Mullens.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14915
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 11:06 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    But IMO they're still the front runners in the west, with both us and SF close behind...........that's right I think the Niners are much improved, had a great draft and Garoppolo back should mean the west is as nasty as it's ever been.


    I think the Niners will either be quite good or once again horrible. I don't think it's a situation where they will be "close" with the Seahawks. They'll be either or. But if it doesn't happen for them this year, they will probably need to blow it up again and start over.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 106126
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 11:08 am
  • Reading a Rams thread in the main forum ----> :pukeface:
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2103
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 11:16 am
  • HawkGA wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    But IMO they're still the front runners in the west, with both us and SF close behind...........that's right I think the Niners are much improved, had a great draft and Garoppolo back should mean the west is as nasty as it's ever been.


    I think the Niners will either be quite good or once again horrible. I don't think it's a situation where they will be "close" with the Seahawks. They'll be either or. But if it doesn't happen for them this year, they will probably need to blow it up again and start over.


    I'm a big fan of Shanahan, so that's why I'l bullish on the Niners. Can Lynch be a good GM? Idk, but like us he's already made them better with a great draft.

    So yes, unfortunately I think it's going to be nasty this year in the west. Even the lowly Cards are going to be a pain in the ass with Murray running around wearing out defenses.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14915
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 am
  • I've given up trying to judge drafts. I don't think anybody knows anything until 3 years later. Too many variables. Lots of things like injuries, retirements and suspensions can screw things over
    94Smith
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 129
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 12:16 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Garropolo smallopolo, until this guy does something he's basically Matt Flynn.


    We lost to them with Nick Mullens.


    So, we were talking about Garropolo.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 12:26 pm
  • I'm still here. I won't be trying to troll anyone though.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 838
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 12:38 pm
  • 94 is exactly right. You can't truly judge a draft for a least 2 or 3 seasons. People get WAY too caught up in draft boards etc. If you don't pick a guy that the FANS want, all the sudden it's a crap draft. Wrong.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12172
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 1:05 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Garropolo smallopolo, until this guy does something he's basically Matt Flynn.


    We lost to them with Nick Mullens.


    So, we were talking about Garropolo.


    Your optimism is not objective if you're crapping on Garropolo when we lost to an even worse QB.........and if you think the Niners are a better team with Mullens vs Garropolo, congrats on being the only person with that opinion.

    Rams are still good, Niners are better and the Cards are probably better. So are we IMO, so should be a fun season.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14915
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 1:14 pm
  • Did I crap on Garropolo?... Show me where. Are you obsessed with trying to be what is correct in your own mind?

    I said the guy has shown nothing except a Matt Flynn comparison. Show stats that prove that wrong while you are at it.

    Also give Mullens credit for having a good game against us which he did, and it wasn't just us that he did it to.

    Garropolo only has a large contract and GQ looks at this point but go ahead and crown him.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 1:28 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Did I crap on Garropolo?... Show me where. Are you obsessed with trying to be what is correct in your own mind?.


    There is no "correct" when you're offering up a subjective opinion, as this thread is about.

    Let's recap:

    I said I like what the Niners are doing and think they'll be competitive this year. You said "Garrapolo smallopolo."........and I insinuated that yes you crapped on Garoppolo, and it meant you disagree with me, thus my reply.

    You're a very difficult person to discuss things with. You just jump into threads, curmudgeon people's opinions with vague confusing negative posts, then get offended when someone took that vague negative sounding and confusing opinion the wrong way.

    Good times.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14915
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Did I crap on Garropolo?... Show me where. Are you obsessed with trying to be what is correct in your own mind?.


    There is no "correct" when you're offering up a subjective opinion, as this thread is about.

    Let's recap:

    I said I like what the Niners are doing and think they'll be competitive this year. You said "Garrapolo smallopolo."........and I insinuated that yes you crapped on Garoppolo, and it meant you disagree with me, thus my reply.

    You're a very difficult person to discuss things with. You just jump into threads, curmudgeon people's opinions with vague confusing negative posts, then get offended when someone took that vague negative sounding and confusing opinion the wrong way.

    Good times.


    Before you ridicule someone, take a look at your own posts dude. You've got I gotta have the last word syndrome coupled with the I'm always right syndrome.

    Once again. Garropolo had proven jack diddly squat in the NFL so far. Disprove it. I didn't crap on him, you used some sort of veiled weird self analogy that you created , then typed. Then when you get a response that you can't handle you lash out at that person. I've seen it for years.

    If you don't like my responses, ignore me. But if you make the decision to publicly call me out the report button will get hit.

    "You just jump into threads, curmudgeon people's opinions with vague confusing negative posts, then get offended when someone took that vague negative sounding and confusing opinion the wrong way."

    Oh poor baby. I guess your brilliant observations are not viewed by others the same as you.


    Good Times.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 2:53 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:It's a new season and anything can and will happen.

    Rams will not be as good as last year and will not sqeak out victories vs Seattle.

    Garropolo smallopolo, until this guy does something he's basically Matt Flynn.


    Yeah, this was pretty vague, and negative on my part.... :roll: I am entitled to MY opinion, and if it rubs you the wrong way, suck it up buttercup, or simply ignore me, (which BTW, welcome to my list)

    So, the 9ers supposedly had a good draft. The draft is a crap shoot. Speaking of crap shoots, that's what the 9ers were last year. It can only go up.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 pm
  • I think SF will be a 9 win team and Seattle and Rams will be 10 to 11. I think rams fall off slowly.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1949
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 3:49 pm
  • Also, back on topic, the Rams are going to have some problems this year. New England showed the blueprint for their offense.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Also, back on topic, the Rams are going to have some problems this year. New England showed the blueprint for their offense.


    That was with Kupp out and Gurley....whatever was going on with him. Those are our two best offensive weapons.

    More than anything, that was an AWFUL game by Goff. If the commentary is that the Rams might struggle because Goff might struggle, I agree - but if you re-watch that game, we had open WRs pretty consistently. McVay took the blame like a good coach and leader, but this game was 1000% on Goff.

    Goff needs to take the next step - his success has been surrounded by the best or 2nd best collection of offensive talent in the NFL - Woods and Cooks with that OL should have been enough for a top QB to execute - which obviously tells us all that he's not a top QB. But IMO he's good enough to win with and could develop into one.

    But I'm not worried about Chicago, Philly or New England having given a blueprint - McVay will adjust. And this defense should be a legit top 10 unit next year.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 838
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm


Re: Rams poll
Wed May 15, 2019 9:34 am
  • You can only do so much on a field before the league catches up. The Seahawks were copied extensively after 2013. Everyone is copying the Rams now. Defenses will adjust. McVays initial offense will be neutralized and even more pressure will be put on Goff, who choked hard core when his team needed him most.

    Doesn't bode well, plus add losing in the SB and a lot of ????? in L.A.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 pm
  • You are right, it was 1000% Goff. When his crutch was taken away, he was exposed. Doubt any smart team is going to let him have his crutch back next year. Well, maybe the Hawks will since we just line up and play. Rams are still a good team. Still the best in the West, IMHO. But, when it comes time to pay Goff his 5th year option money, I think you are going to struggle. You won't be able to maintain the team around him, and he needs a lot of team support to be successful.

    I wonder if the Rams will try to cut/trade him, before next year, and take a draft gamble next year.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2533
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Rams poll
Wed May 15, 2019 4:32 pm
  • Goff is a mental midget. He will always shrink when the heat's turned up. That's the narrative until he changes it, and it's damn hard to do.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5135
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Rams poll
Thu May 16, 2019 9:04 am
  • $20 arm, 10 cent head
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2533
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Rams poll
Thu May 16, 2019 9:31 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:You are right, it was 1000% Goff. When his crutch was taken away, he was exposed. Doubt any smart team is going to let him have his crutch back next year. Well, maybe the Hawks will since we just line up and play. Rams are still a good team. Still the best in the West, IMHO. But, when it comes time to pay Goff his 5th year option money, I think you are going to struggle. You won't be able to maintain the team around him, and he needs a lot of team support to be successful.

    I wonder if the Rams will try to cut/trade him, before next year, and take a draft gamble next year.



    It's not popular with other Rams fans, but this is where I'm at right now. I would have to see A LOT of growth this upcoming year.

    Where I disagree is about the crutch though - Cooks/Woods/Kupp are probably the best trio of WRs in the NFL, and if they stay healthy and our run game stays on track (which hopefully it will with Henderson in the fold now), any of 15 QBs could win it all with that offense.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 838
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm


Re: Rams poll
Thu May 16, 2019 9:35 am
  • Largent80 wrote:You can only do so much on a field before the league catches up. The Seahawks were copied extensively after 2013. Everyone is copying the Rams now. Defenses will adjust. McVays initial offense will be neutralized and even more pressure will be put on Goff, who choked hard core when his team needed him most.

    Doesn't bode well, plus add losing in the SB and a lot of ????? in L.A.



    Seahawks may have been copied, but nobody could figure out their defense for four years - or rather, everyone knew what they were going to do, but it didn't matter, because they were so good.

    Goff is just average, but the supporting cast around him is so great that it won't matter IMO. Plus, at the end of the day McVay is still a really good/smart offensive coach - possibly the best in the NFL - he's going to add some new wrinkles this offseason I'm sure.

    Losing the Super Bowl does have me worried - I saw the GSOT Rams come off a Super Bowl loss and be predicted to win it all the following year start the season 0-5 - so I'm well aware of the impact that can have and it definitely makes the Rams winning the NFC West again far from a guarantee.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 838
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm


Re: Rams poll
Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 am
  • The Seahawks played mostly single high safety in zone. It depended on the athletes they had to make it work.

    Holes in a zone are exploited. That's what the Rams do. Hybrid Safeties have been shown to counter all that motion crap that McVay runs. It's not rocket science, it simply was innovative to try and take away defensive strengths.

    The league evolves rather quickly and smart GM's get people that will directly have impacts on opposing teams within their own division. John Schneider has done this effectively for years and this upcoming year is no different.

    Teams are willing to give up those little dinks/dunks all day. But in the end, the dink/dunk will dink more than dunk.

    To me, last year the Rams went "all in" to win it and it didn't happen. If they don't this year, I see that window not only closing but slamming with a resounding BANG. Meanwhile, don't look now but the Seahawks have 10 picks next year and about 90 mill in cap, after the RW signing. AND the core of the team is young.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 pm
  • Sometimes it doesn't matter if you figured out how it works, if you have players that execute it at a elite level the counter is to have players on the other side that match it at a elite plus level. The player doesn't have to be physically elite but elite in the role he plays in the system.

    When you have that it doesn't matter, you can't stop it even when you know what they are doing.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27060
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rams poll
Mon May 20, 2019 12:47 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:The Seahawks played mostly single high safety in zone. It depended on the athletes they had to make it work.

    Holes in a zone are exploited. That's what the Rams do. Hybrid Safeties have been shown to counter all that motion crap that McVay runs. It's not rocket science, it simply was innovative to try and take away defensive strengths.

    The league evolves rather quickly and smart GM's get people that will directly have impacts on opposing teams within their own division. John Schneider has done this effectively for years and this upcoming year is no different.

    Teams are willing to give up those little dinks/dunks all day. But in the end, the dink/dunk will dink more than dunk.

    To me, last year the Rams went "all in" to win it and it didn't happen. If they don't this year, I see that window not only closing but slamming with a resounding BANG. Meanwhile, don't look now but the Seahawks have 10 picks next year and about 90 mill in cap, after the RW signing. AND the core of the team is young.



    Rams core is young, have a ton of cap space in upcoming years too. I never bought into the "all in" mantra. Just media speak.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 838
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm


Re: Rams poll
Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 am
  • Rams cut it close this year, going into the draft with around 5 million cap space.

    When accounting for Goff's 5th year, they currently sit around 40-60 million cap space, for 2020, with 50 players under contract. They have space, but really only enough space to hold the line.

    They are probably close to 80 million in cap space for 2021, but that is with only 43 players, and Goff's cap number will go up by around 10 million from 2020, IF they elect to keep him.

    They can free up some money by restructuring Donald and Cooks.

    Things are tight now, and they are only going to get tighter in 2020, but the Rams will be fine until 2021. Goff's contract will rival Wilson's, and probably exceed it. Their big money players, other than Goff, will be aging. There will be some tough decisions to be made.

    2021 and beyond is going to depend on how they draft.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2533
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Rams poll
Wed May 22, 2019 9:06 am
  • We will see exactly where all of this leads, but I will say one thing, the Rams barely beat the Hawks in BOTH games this past year, and although both teams have changing pieces, in the trenches the Hawks have made more strides than the Rams.

    Also, our special teams are going to be HUGELY better, which the way we play the games will be an advantage.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Tue May 28, 2019 5:49 am
  • Largent80 wrote:We will see exactly where all of this leads, but I will say one thing, the Rams barely beat the Hawks in BOTH games this past year, and although both teams have changing pieces, in the trenches the Hawks have made more strides than the Rams.

    Also, our special teams are going to be HUGELY better, which the way we play the games will be an advantage.



    The narrative that you will read in the media will reflect this because of the way the Rams defense played in the playoffs. But we didn't play Seattle in the playoffs - we played two regular season games, which is where the Rams had the worse run defense in the NFL, mostly because of Suh and Barron.

    Taking their place will be Greg Gaines and Micah Kiser on early downs - Suh is obviously a far superior play to Gaines, BUT Suh's regular season was abysmal. His effort was nonexistent. Barron was a former safety who played the pass really well and before injuries, was decent against the run. He started the season injured and once he came back, was not the same player.

    From the standpoint of defending the run, Gaines and Kiser are massive upgrades over Suh and Barron. Barron, while not a star, was paid like one and had prior success - the biggest downfall of this defense during the regular season was that they didn't seem to play as a unit, hence the league worst run defense. In the playoffs they flashed what they could have been by shutting down the Cowboy and Saint running games - but again, we're talking about their performance in the regular season.

    On the other side of the ball, it was apparent pretty quickly last year that John Sullivan was done - but McVay valued his football IQ and being able to read defenses, so he kept playing at Center - in three of the four losses (Bears, Eagles, Patriots), the middle of our OL was a massive weakness and it turned Goff into a pumpkin. Losing Saffold wasn't ideal as he was one of the better guards in the NFL.

    But last year we drafted Brian Allen and Joseph Noteboom - they will be stepping in for the departed Sullivan and Saffold. Noteboom was the primary backup at T and G, and what little playing time he did get, he looked very good. Both players practiced with the first team all year last year while we gave Whitworth and Sullivan days off every week - so while they don't have a ton of experience, in a way they do - and Sullivan was so bad last year that almost anyone would have been an upgrade. Saffold to Noteboom is a downgrade, but we'll see by how much.



    I have no clue what to expect from the offense - how much will losing Saffold hurt? How good is Noteboom? Will Kupp being back and a running game return Goff to his early season form last year?

    But on defense, I'm supremely confident that they will be better - much better. We improved our run defense with addition by subtraction in Suh and Barron, improved our secondary by going from Joyner to Weddle, and upgraded our pass rush with Fowler (for a full year) and Matthews.


    I'd be interested to hear how Seattle has upgraded anywhere on their roster for 2019 - from my perspective, they'll be better in the long run but not necessarily this year (although I don't know the team like you guys do obviously).
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 838
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm


Re: Rams poll
Fri May 31, 2019 1:54 am
  • I’m not sure the question.

    Will I, as a Rams fan, show my face after the SB loss?
    Giggle. Honey, I was here when Rams won a game or two a season.

    Will I, as a Rams fan, be here to troll?
    Another giggle. I’ll just be me. You can define that as you choose.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams poll
Fri May 31, 2019 2:04 am
  • Rams# has covered all the serious stuff.

    For my part.

    Weddle is a huge addition. His impact will be felt. He’s a treasure.
    Rumor is that he will be the D play caller. Rumors being just that tho...


    Adding to what has already been said, the Rams D I have high expectations for right now.

    I don’t know what the offense will look like yet.

    Goff looks more solid than I’ve seen before. Let’s see what he does.

    And ST? Lol at feeling you have an advantage there cuz of how you play. Funny.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams poll
Fri May 31, 2019 2:10 am
  • To add:

    Us is spelled with a U. Not an I.

    Written in my very best iRo typing imitation.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams poll
Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 am
  • RedAlice wrote:To add:

    Us is spelled with a U. Not an I.

    Written in my very best iRo typing imitation.


    +1 field goal
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15131
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Rams poll
Fri May 31, 2019 11:33 am
  • Rams, smams, they blew their chance. They'll be good this year, but going back to back is insanely hard and the injuries piled up with a longer season in January will take its toll next year. We have experienced it first hand over here.

    My only worry is that, knowing Carroll he won't disguise defenses like Bill did. It's all about execution with him. Here is our play - try to stop it. Vintage Pete, still love him but for gods sake I just wish he would add some flair and exotic stuff here and there.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 320
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:24 pm


Re: Rams poll
Fri May 31, 2019 11:39 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    And ST? Lol at feeling you have an advantage there cuz of how you play. Funny.


    So, you failed to see the massive upgrade of the Hawks ST?.

    That's ok...You'll see it when we play you this year. Good Luck.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
  • Every so often a team from the NFC West finally gets it together and wins a couple division titles - by then the Seahawks will have recharged and retooled and are locked and loaded to reign supreme over their division again.

    Next year, we take back what has been ours for majority of the last 2 decades - the NFC West!

    ;)

    Good luck to the Rams but the Hawks are going to be younger, faster and quicker. It definitely was a cute run by the Rams though.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 320
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:24 pm


Re: Rams poll
Fri May 31, 2019 2:09 pm
  • I'm going to remind all that the Hawks lost to the Rams 2 times last year by a combined total of 7 points.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34660
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: Rams poll
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:38 am
  • RedAlice wrote:I’m not sure the question.

    Will I, as a Rams fan, show my face after the SB loss?
    Giggle. Honey, I was here when Rams won a game or two a season.

    Will I, as a Rams fan, be here to troll?
    Another giggle. I’ll just be me. You can define that as you choose.

    :lol: :2thumbs: ,,
    Wheres that picture of you on airplane?Lmao
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4481
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Rams poll
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:09 pm
  • The Rams O-Line will be vastly worse this upcoming season.

    Their best O-Lineman signed with the Titans. Their franchise LT is going to turn 38 years old. They cut their starting Center.

    That is a lot to lose up front.

    This will impact their whole team because their QB doesn't play well under duress, and Gurley needs holes the size of Texas to be effective.

    I am expecting the Rams to miss the playoffs next year. With a record of 8-8, 9-7 ish.


    The 49ers or the Seahawks are going to win the Division.

    I have those two both finishing in the 10-6, 11-5 range.


    I expect the Rams to bounce back in 2020. They can get out from under the Gurley contract, and the O-Line can get rebuilt.
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2189
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Rams poll
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:47 pm
  • We know something about the O Line Shuffle and yes it will affect them, also Gurley is now on the Gimpy Bus, seems he has Arthritis in that knee from reports and it will be a problem the rest of his career so shared time is a must.

    That's two hits and they let the Back up go and he signed with Detroit I think.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27060
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rams poll
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:53 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    And ST? Lol at feeling you have an advantage there cuz of how you play. Funny.


    So, you failed to see the massive upgrade of the Hawks ST?.

    That's ok...You'll see it when we play you this year. Good Luck.


    I didn’t fail to see your upgrade.

    That isn’t what I said.

    And, yes.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams poll
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:56 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:Every so often a team from the NFC West finally gets it together and wins a couple division titles - by then the Seahawks will have recharged and retooled and are locked and loaded to reign supreme over their division again.

    Next year, we take back what has been ours for majority of the last 2 decades - the NFC West!

    ;)

    Good luck to the Rams but the Hawks are going to be younger, faster and quicker. It definitely was a cute run by the Rams though.


    Sounds like what a fan says when his team hasn’t won the division in a couple years.

    I like it!!

    Hope is important. I know. God I know. I member the days.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams poll
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:59 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I'm going to remind all that the Hawks lost to the Rams 2 times last year by a combined total of 7 points.


    This one cracks me up like crazy.

    Is a win not a win?

    If you can’t beat a team, at least you can CROW about how much you ALMOST beat them by?

    If you beat the Rams by two or three points, do I get some after school special points?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams poll
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:09 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I’m not sure the question.

    Will I, as a Rams fan, show my face after the SB loss?
    Giggle. Honey, I was here when Rams won a game or two a season.

    Will I, as a Rams fan, be here to troll?
    Another giggle. I’ll just be me. You can define that as you choose.

    :lol: :2thumbs: ,,
    Wheres that picture of you on airplane?Lmao


    The one with me sticking my tongue out?

    That’s on a train.

    I have it and happy to post it.

    Are you surprised I think a pic is funny?

    Eta: Indy. By this point and considering I’m running a Rams board insta, there are dozens or more pics of me on the internets you can lmao about.

    I’m not secret.
    Last edited by RedAlice on Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams poll
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:35 am
  • Fade wrote:The Rams O-Line will be vastly worse this upcoming season.

    Their best O-Lineman signed with the Titans. Their franchise LT is going to turn 38 years old. They cut their starting Center.

    That is a lot to lose up front.

    This will impact their whole team because their QB doesn't play well under duress, and Gurley needs holes the size of Texas to be effective.

    I am expecting the Rams to miss the playoffs next year. With a record of 8-8, 9-7 ish.


    The 49ers or the Seahawks are going to win the Division.

    I have those two both finishing in the 10-6, 11-5 range.


    I expect the Rams to bounce back in 2020. They can get out from under the Gurley contract, and the O-Line can get rebuilt.


    An actual fair assessment. Thank you.

    Saffold is certainly a loss. But Noteboom might be a name you learn.

    I don’t think I’m ready to doubt Whitworth so fast as you. But then, I know you need to.

    I think the center position will be improved. There’s a reason for the change.

    It’s a change. Does that mean it’s worse? We will see.

    Goff is not as bad as you think he is. But, either you are right and I’m wrong and we will let the games decide that.

    I have no answers on Gurley other than don’t draft him high in FF.


    This team will play better than you expect.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: San Diego


Next


It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests