Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rams poll

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

After last years Superbowl collapse, will the Rams fans show their faces this year to troll is?

Poll ended at Thu May 16, 2019 6:47 am

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes : 27

Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 6:47 am
  • Thought this would be fun. If they do, I cant wait to point out how their allstar team gave the biggest dud in SB history!
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Re: Rams poll
Tue May 14, 2019 8:15 am
  • hoping the superbowl loser curse kicks in big time for the Lambs
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 am
  • Well, considering people assumed they would win the whole thing, it was awesome to see them play so horrible. That being said, they were flat out handed that Super Bowl birth, so it seemed very fitting.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 14, 2019 9:01 am
  • I do expect the Rams to slide back a little bit this year.

But IMO they're still the front runners in the west, with both us and SF close behind...........that's right I think the Niners are much improved, had a great draft and Garoppolo back should mean the west is as nasty as it's ever been.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 am
  • It's a new season and anything can and will happen.

Rams will not be as good as last year and will not sqeak out victories vs Seattle.

Garropolo smallopolo, until this guy does something he's basically Matt Flynn.
    Last edited by Largent80 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 am
  • I hate the Rams, but I expect them to still be real good. More like 10-6/11-5 good though.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 am
  • Largent80 wrote:

We lost to them with Nick Mullens.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    But IMO they're still the front runners in the west, with both us and SF close behind...........that's right I think the Niners are much improved, had a great draft and Garoppolo back should mean the west is as nasty as it's ever been.

I think the Niners will either be quite good or once again horrible. I don't think it's a situation where they will be "close" with the Seahawks. They'll be either or. But if it doesn't happen for them this year, they will probably need to blow it up again and start over.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue May 14, 2019 10:08 am
  • Reading a Rams thread in the main forum ----> :pukeface:
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 am
  • HawkGA wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I think the Niners will either be quite good or once again horrible. I don't think it's a situation where they will be "close" with the Seahawks. They'll be either or. But if it doesn't happen for them this year, they will probably need to blow it up again and start over.

I'm a big fan of Shanahan, so that's why I'l bullish on the Niners. Can Lynch be a good GM? Idk, but like us he's already made them better with a great draft.

So yes, unfortunately I think it's going to be nasty this year in the west. Even the lowly Cards are going to be a pain in the ass with Murray running around wearing out defenses.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 14, 2019 10:45 am
  • I've given up trying to judge drafts. I don't think anybody knows anything until 3 years later. Too many variables. Lots of things like injuries, retirements and suspensions can screw things over
    94Smith
    NET Rookie

Tue May 14, 2019 11:16 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

So, we were talking about Garropolo.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 14, 2019 11:26 am
  • I'm still here. I won't be trying to troll anyone though.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 am
  • 94 is exactly right. You can't truly judge a draft for a least 2 or 3 seasons. People get WAY too caught up in draft boards etc. If you don't pick a guy that the FANS want, all the sudden it's a crap draft. Wrong.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 14, 2019 12:05 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

So, we were talking about Garropolo.

Your optimism is not objective if you're crapping on Garropolo when we lost to an even worse QB.........and if you think the Niners are a better team with Mullens vs Garropolo, congrats on being the only person with that opinion.

Rams are still good, Niners are better and the Cards are probably better. So are we IMO, so should be a fun season.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm
  • Did I crap on Garropolo?... Show me where. Are you obsessed with trying to be what is correct in your own mind?

I said the guy has shown nothing except a Matt Flynn comparison. Show stats that prove that wrong while you are at it.

Also give Mullens credit for having a good game against us which he did, and it wasn't just us that he did it to.

Garropolo only has a large contract and GQ looks at this point but go ahead and crown him.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 14, 2019 12:28 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Did I crap on Garropolo?... Show me where. Are you obsessed with trying to be what is correct in your own mind?.

There is no "correct" when you're offering up a subjective opinion, as this thread is about.

Let's recap:

I said I like what the Niners are doing and think they'll be competitive this year. You said "Garrapolo smallopolo."........and I insinuated that yes you crapped on Garoppolo, and it meant you disagree with me, thus my reply.

You're a very difficult person to discuss things with. You just jump into threads, curmudgeon people's opinions with vague confusing negative posts, then get offended when someone took that vague negative sounding and confusing opinion the wrong way.

Good times.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 14, 2019 1:35 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Did I crap on Garropolo?... Show me where. Are you obsessed with trying to be what is correct in your own mind?.

There is no "correct" when you're offering up a subjective opinion, as this thread is about.

Let's recap:

I said I like what the Niners are doing and think they'll be competitive this year. You said "Garrapolo smallopolo."........and I insinuated that yes you crapped on Garoppolo, and it meant you disagree with me, thus my reply.

You're a very difficult person to discuss things with. You just jump into threads, curmudgeon people's opinions with vague confusing negative posts, then get offended when someone took that vague negative sounding and confusing opinion the wrong way.

Good times.

Before you ridicule someone, take a look at your own posts dude. You've got I gotta have the last word syndrome coupled with the I'm always right syndrome.

Once again. Garropolo had proven jack diddly squat in the NFL so far. Disprove it. I didn't crap on him, you used some sort of veiled weird self analogy that you created , then typed. Then when you get a response that you can't handle you lash out at that person. I've seen it for years.

If you don't like my responses, ignore me. But if you make the decision to publicly call me out the report button will get hit.

"You just jump into threads, curmudgeon people's opinions with vague confusing negative posts, then get offended when someone took that vague negative sounding and confusing opinion the wrong way."

Oh poor baby. I guess your brilliant observations are not viewed by others the same as you.

Good Times.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 14, 2019 1:53 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:It's a new season and anything can and will happen.

Rams will not be as good as last year and will not sqeak out victories vs Seattle.

Yeah, this was pretty vague, and negative on my part.... :roll: I am entitled to MY opinion, and if it rubs you the wrong way, suck it up buttercup, or simply ignore me, (which BTW, welcome to my list)

So, the 9ers supposedly had a good draft. The draft is a crap shoot. Speaking of crap shoots, that's what the 9ers were last year. It can only go up.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 pm
  • I think SF will be a 9 win team and Seattle and Rams will be 10 to 11. I think rams fall off slowly.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm
  • Also, back on topic, the Rams are going to have some problems this year. New England showed the blueprint for their offense.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed May 15, 2019 8:17 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Also, back on topic, the Rams are going to have some problems this year. New England showed the blueprint for their offense.

That was with Kupp out and Gurley....whatever was going on with him. Those are our two best offensive weapons.

More than anything, that was an AWFUL game by Goff. If the commentary is that the Rams might struggle because Goff might struggle, I agree - but if you re-watch that game, we had open WRs pretty consistently. McVay took the blame like a good coach and leader, but this game was 1000% on Goff.

Goff needs to take the next step - his success has been surrounded by the best or 2nd best collection of offensive talent in the NFL - Woods and Cooks with that OL should have been enough for a top QB to execute - which obviously tells us all that he's not a top QB. But IMO he's good enough to win with and could develop into one.

But I'm not worried about Chicago, Philly or New England having given a blueprint - McVay will adjust. And this defense should be a legit top 10 unit next year.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2019 8:34 am
  • You can only do so much on a field before the league catches up. The Seahawks were copied extensively after 2013. Everyone is copying the Rams now. Defenses will adjust. McVays initial offense will be neutralized and even more pressure will be put on Goff, who choked hard core when his team needed him most.

Doesn't bode well, plus add losing in the SB and a lot of ????? in L.A.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed May 15, 2019 1:12 pm
  • You are right, it was 1000% Goff. When his crutch was taken away, he was exposed. Doubt any smart team is going to let him have his crutch back next year. Well, maybe the Hawks will since we just line up and play. Rams are still a good team. Still the best in the West, IMHO. But, when it comes time to pay Goff his 5th year option money, I think you are going to struggle. You won't be able to maintain the team around him, and he needs a lot of team support to be successful.

I wonder if the Rams will try to cut/trade him, before next year, and take a draft gamble next year.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2019 3:32 pm
  • Goff is a mental midget. He will always shrink when the heat's turned up. That's the narrative until he changes it, and it's damn hard to do.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 am
  • $20 arm, 10 cent head
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2019 8:31 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:You are right, it was 1000% Goff. When his crutch was taken away, he was exposed. Doubt any smart team is going to let him have his crutch back next year. Well, maybe the Hawks will since we just line up and play. Rams are still a good team. Still the best in the West, IMHO. But, when it comes time to pay Goff his 5th year option money, I think you are going to struggle. You won't be able to maintain the team around him, and he needs a lot of team support to be successful.

I wonder if the Rams will try to cut/trade him, before next year, and take a draft gamble next year.

It's not popular with other Rams fans, but this is where I'm at right now. I would have to see A LOT of growth this upcoming year.

Where I disagree is about the crutch though - Cooks/Woods/Kupp are probably the best trio of WRs in the NFL, and if they stay healthy and our run game stays on track (which hopefully it will with Henderson in the fold now), any of 15 QBs could win it all with that offense.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2019 8:35 am
  • Largent80 wrote:You can only do so much on a field before the league catches up. The Seahawks were copied extensively after 2013. Everyone is copying the Rams now. Defenses will adjust. McVays initial offense will be neutralized and even more pressure will be put on Goff, who choked hard core when his team needed him most.

Doesn't bode well, plus add losing in the SB and a lot of ????? in L.A.

Seahawks may have been copied, but nobody could figure out their defense for four years - or rather, everyone knew what they were going to do, but it didn't matter, because they were so good.

Goff is just average, but the supporting cast around him is so great that it won't matter IMO. Plus, at the end of the day McVay is still a really good/smart offensive coach - possibly the best in the NFL - he's going to add some new wrinkles this offseason I'm sure.

Losing the Super Bowl does have me worried - I saw the GSOT Rams come off a Super Bowl loss and be predicted to win it all the following year start the season 0-5 - so I'm well aware of the impact that can have and it definitely makes the Rams winning the NFC West again far from a guarantee.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am
  • The Seahawks played mostly single high safety in zone. It depended on the athletes they had to make it work.

Holes in a zone are exploited. That's what the Rams do. Hybrid Safeties have been shown to counter all that motion crap that McVay runs. It's not rocket science, it simply was innovative to try and take away defensive strengths.

The league evolves rather quickly and smart GM's get people that will directly have impacts on opposing teams within their own division. John Schneider has done this effectively for years and this upcoming year is no different.

Teams are willing to give up those little dinks/dunks all day. But in the end, the dink/dunk will dink more than dunk.

To me, last year the Rams went "all in" to win it and it didn't happen. If they don't this year, I see that window not only closing but slamming with a resounding BANG. Meanwhile, don't look now but the Seahawks have 10 picks next year and about 90 mill in cap, after the RW signing. AND the core of the team is young.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu May 16, 2019 12:00 pm
  • Sometimes it doesn't matter if you figured out how it works, if you have players that execute it at a elite level the counter is to have players on the other side that match it at a elite plus level. The player doesn't have to be physically elite but elite in the role he plays in the system.

When you have that it doesn't matter, you can't stop it even when you know what they are doing.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 20, 2019 11:47 am
  • Largent80 wrote:The Seahawks played mostly single high safety in zone. It depended on the athletes they had to make it work.

Holes in a zone are exploited. That's what the Rams do. Hybrid Safeties have been shown to counter all that motion crap that McVay runs. It's not rocket science, it simply was innovative to try and take away defensive strengths.

The league evolves rather quickly and smart GM's get people that will directly have impacts on opposing teams within their own division. John Schneider has done this effectively for years and this upcoming year is no different.

Teams are willing to give up those little dinks/dunks all day. But in the end, the dink/dunk will dink more than dunk.

To me, last year the Rams went "all in" to win it and it didn't happen. If they don't this year, I see that window not only closing but slamming with a resounding BANG. Meanwhile, don't look now but the Seahawks have 10 picks next year and about 90 mill in cap, after the RW signing. AND the core of the team is young.

Rams core is young, have a ton of cap space in upcoming years too. I never bought into the "all in" mantra. Just media speak.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 8:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information