Gerald McCoy?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Clayton thinks 1 year at 5 million might do it. I'll bet it's much higher though, 8 or 9 is probably what he'll get.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
ivotuk":e9koga3a said:
Clayton thinks 1 year at 5 million might do it. I'll bet it's much higher though, 8 or 9 is probably what he'll get.
i Wil stil do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godawg

Reaction score
With the Bucs dumping McCoy’s salary to pick up Suh, we have a great opportunity to pick up a great player with a Seahawks attitude. Please do it !

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
godawg":2c7dcvwq said:
With the Bucs dumping McCoy’s salary to pick up Suh, we have a great opportunity to pick up a great player with a Seahawks attitude. Please do it !

Can we afford him, if he wants a multi year deal?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":tvrrx4nd said:
godawg":tvrrx4nd said:

With already signing Wood, Ansah and still needing to extend Bobby and Reed.........I can't see where it makes sense to get into the McCoy sweepstakes, and IMO there will be a sweepstakes. Still healthy and relatively productive.

Probably going to get a big one year guaranteed deal, or muti-year deal from someone.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2frmyrc4 said:
toffee":2frmyrc4 said:
godawg":2frmyrc4 said:

With already signing Wood, Ansah and still needing to extend Bobby and Reed.........I can't see where it makes sense to get into the McCoy sweepstakes, and IMO there will be a sweepstakes. Still healthy and relatively productive.

Probably going to get a big one year guaranteed deal, or muti-year deal from someone.

Wondering what's behind signing Suh instead of extending McCoy? Performance? Cost? Relationship?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":1z612uak said:
Sgt. Largent":1z612uak said:
toffee":1z612uak said:
godawg":1z612uak said:

Wondering what's behind signing Suh instead of extending McCoy? Performance? Cost? Relationship?

It's what it's always about, money.

The Bucs just signed Bucannon, Barrett and Suh for what they would have had to pay McCoy with a monster extension.

Nothing wrong with McCoy, he's still a good player. But like us with Clark, if you have depth issues it's hard to justify spending all your D-line cap space on one player. Cause it doesn't fix the problem.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":l73vwoll said:
toffee":l73vwoll said:
Sgt. Largent":l73vwoll said:
toffee":l73vwoll said:

It's what it's always about, money.

The Bucs just signed Bucannon, Barrett and Suh for what they would have had to pay McCoy with a monster extension.

Nothing wrong with McCoy, he's still a good player. But like us with Clark, if you have depth issues it's hard to justify spending all your D-line cap space on one player. Cause it doesn't fix the problem.

If McCoy won’t take a cut for Buc, guessing we couldn’t and wouldn’t be a destination for him.

knownone

Reaction score
McCoy says he wants to sign with a contender. His first visit was to the Cleveland Browns a team that's made the playoffs twice in just under 29 years.

This made my afternoon.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
knownone":1ykp6rcz said:
McCoy says he wants to sign with a contender. His first visit was to the Cleveland Browns a team that's made the playoffs twice in just under 29 years.

This made my afternoon.

They're trending

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm disappointed we don't seem to have any interest. He would be a nice piece, and we plenty of cash.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He isn't the same player he used to be, and his contract demands are too high for what he delivers. To me the team is better off paying our own young guys and finding complimentary players, and eventually finding a guy in the draft.

The bidding for him is at the $11 mil/yr. level and he'd be a wave player here. Too much for what he'd do. Which DT of Poona and Reed would he supplant?

knownone

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2d732jdu said:
He isn't the same player he used to be, and his contract demands are too high for what he delivers. To me the team is better off paying our own young guys and finding complimentary players, and eventually finding a guy in the draft.

The bidding for him is at the $11 mil/yr. level and he'd be a wave player here. Too much for what he'd do. Which DT of Poona and Reed would he supplant?
There is a case to be made that he'd supplant both Poona and Reed from a talent perspective. If we signed him, he'd be a starter over Poona.

I wouldn't sign him for 11m, but I wouldn't be mad if we did. He'll still be one of the best 3 techniques in the game for a few more years.

Largent80

Reaction score
I firmly believe that the Hawks are writing an extension for Wagner. And the Hawks are tired of these types of players demanding large contracts at an older age.

Fade

Reaction score
TB is switching to a 2-gap 34 defense. McCoy is a pure 1 gap 3 Tech.

So he doesn't fit with what they are looking to do.

I don't know how much of it was due to age or injury concerns, but scheme fit was a big reason why he isn't there anymore.