Kyler Murray crushed the Cardinals' offseason, teammates say

Jville

Reaction score
Kyler Murray is going to bring so much fun to the NFC West.

Kyler Murray crushed the Cardinals' offseason, teammates say >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/31790/kyler-murrays-arizona-teammates-offer-universal-praise[/urltargetblank]

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Of course his teammates would say that...no different than Wilson's teammates saying that they actually like his reality show...when it starts

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
There is more to the article than what a subject title is necessarily limited to. We are in the eye of a 6 week dead spot with regards to news coverage. The article provides some useful content in the form of background and first impressions about a new offense taking shape in Arizona. It's a good time to catch up on the rest of the division and league. The alternative is silence which is death to a forum.

"First off, he's faster and quicker than I thought when we got on the field,” running back David Johnson said. "I think a lot of people underestimate how great he can throw. He throws a dart. Accurate dart.

I thought the addition of JR Sweezy was a great move by the Cardinals. Nice complement for 1st year QB Kyler Murray.

xray

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":3o3nda27 said:
I think he is super talented but will be injury prone throughout his career imo.

Gotta catch him to hurt him . He probably will take the least sacks in the division. IMO

xray

Reaction score
That kid has got super star written all over him .

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sadly, Kyler Murray will be the closest thing there could ever be to a Russell Wilson 2.0.
Happily for AZ fans.

He's not going to bust, far from it, and he will mostly stay healthy, and he has a head coach and an offense that is built around him; Russell's rookie records are in considerable danger. Murray has the smarts and the leadership qualities, just like Wilson. He has Wilson's quickness and speed, plus a half-gear extra. He has the ability to elevate the play of his teammates. It's no wonder the Cards were willing to part company with Josh Rosen.

I have to admit my bias coming in was to think that Murray would be like a smaller, lighter, more fragile Robert Griffin III. Then I went to do some research, and concluded I was very wrong in that comparison. Russell Wilson is the best comp for Murray. Even down to the baseball background.

I only watched one game of Murray in college, whatever the bowl game was he was in, and he was freakin electric. But I thought he'd get crushed in the NFL. First the defenses gotta catch him. Few or none can.

Understand, I'm not pleased to write this, to come to these conclusions. It's just that it's where all the available Kyler Murray data points lead. We're probably looking at a split with the Cardinals this season, depending on how much our defense improves from last year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
olyfan63":3ksb9oho said:
I only watched one game of Murray in college, whatever the bowl game was he was in, and he was freakin electric. But I thought he'd get crushed in the NFL. First the defenses gotta catch him. Few or none can.

I wasn't actually impressed with the bowl game. Once he settled down, he was pretty good but he was pretty deer in headlights and hearing footsteps at the beginning.

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawkGA":2kfd2loh said:
I wasn't actually impressed with the bowl game. Once he settled down, he was pretty good but he was pretty deer in headlights and hearing footsteps at the beginning.

Not going to make an argument for his pure quarterbacking on that one.
I was impressed with his elite quickness, making other quick and fast guys look slow and sluggish, and making things happen in the 2nd half. I didn't really see any of his first half, did gather it wasn't that great.

In the NFL he just needs to be smarter than Robert Griffin III and I think he's got that one nailed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hasn't played a single down in the NFL, only played a handful of games in college and he's somehow already an All-Pro :roll:

HawkGA

Reaction score
olyfan63":1cw20cmz said:
HawkGA":1cw20cmz said:

Not going to make an argument for his pure quarterbacking on that one.
I was impressed with his elite quickness, making other quick and fast guys look slow and sluggish, and making things happen in the 2nd half. I didn't really see any of his first half, did gather it wasn't that great.

In the NFL he just needs to be smarter than Robert Griffin III and I think he's got that one nailed.

It was definitely a tale of two halves. I think it's easy to say he'll settle down and be more like the second half as he grows in the NFL but it's also fair to say that facing NFL defenses will be even tougher than facing Alabama's defense (though maybe not by much).

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
olyfan63":9ccnxy9c said:
Sadly, Kyler Murray will be the closest thing there could ever be to a Russell Wilson 2.0.
Happily for AZ fans.

He's not going to bust, far from it, and he will mostly stay healthy, and he has a head coach and an offense that is built around him; Russell's rookie records are in considerable danger. Murray has the smarts and the leadership qualities, just like Wilson. He has Wilson's quickness and speed, plus a half-gear extra. He has the ability to elevate the play of his teammates. It's no wonder the Cards were willing to part company with Josh Rosen.

I have to admit my bias coming in was to think that Murray would be like a smaller, lighter, more fragile Robert Griffin III. Then I went to do some research, and concluded I was very wrong in that comparison. Russell Wilson is the best comp for Murray. Even down to the baseball background.

Understand, I'm not pleased to write this, to come to these conclusions. It's just that it's where all the available Kyler Murray data points lead. We're probably looking at a split with the Cardinals this season, depending on how much our defense improves from last year.

Few or none can catch him?
Few or none COLLEGE players could catch him.
I watched every game he played in besides blacked out games (my fiance is from Oklahoma.
College defenses suck.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
GeekHawk":364b4h6j said:
xray":364b4h6j said:
That kid has got super star written all over him .

Everybody said the same thing about Johnny Football.

They did?

I remember everyone bagging on the Browns for being the Browns and taking him late in the 1st round.

chris98251

Reaction score
Passepartout":2lx2x0wl said:
Cardinals seem pleased by him. But the rest of the league it is up in the air. That is just a practice.

They are always pleased at first, then they have to go get a Carson Palmer, or Kurt Warner.

They were pleased with Matt Leinart also and Josh Rosen.