Random in-game observations of the Raiders and 49ers games

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Most of the country will have cable access to Raiders/Packers and SF/Wash in an hour as seen in the 506sports.com TV schedule, except Southern California. Interested in seeing people's reactions as the games occur. SoCalers, feel free to comment on the Chargers and especially Rams.

I don't see an upset either way here but will be interesting to observe interesting plays and of course injuries as the games progress. To say nothing about how the refs will call things. I expect after the MNF debacle that they get less involved, especially in SF/Wash at it was that crew that was responsible for MNF.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Rain pouring down majorly plays into Washington's favor today.

We'll see if they can capitalize on it.

Jville

Reaction score
Woops apparently not....... missed field goal and all.

Gives real meaning to the quote "it's not how you start ... it's how you finish"

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm watching the Raiders primarily at the moment, and the zebras just gave a obvious bad PI call to Green Bay in the 1stQ, but at least Gruden had the balls to challenge.

Raiders Josh Jacobs came in during the challenge, so it wasn't a totally wasted timeout.

Also for JimmyG (2ndQ 13:00), nice showing you can run successfully.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Cards leading by two scores according to the trailer on the bottom

Back to the 9ers, Gould who got paid just missed yet another FG

REFs just called back Oakland's Waller TD for a holding.

Det up one score from MIN 14-7

Raiders finally score, 10-7 pacdown 3. But refs gifted GB for an uncatchable ball, free new set of downs, GB now up. Biw a roughing the snapper call, again GB way

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
On redzone, the raiders had a TD taken off the board on a holding call they didnt replay. Then the inevitable PI call against Oakland to put Erin on the 3 yard line for an easy TD :roll:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Slopfest of a 9ers game. The rain and field makes this not even fun to watch.

Sucks to watch a whole game in which ability is a side issue and it's just going to come down to who has a bad slip at the wrong time.

It's going to be a lucky win no matter who gets it, IMO.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":24z4ongo said:
On redzone, the raiders had a TD taken off the board on a holding call they didnt replay. Then the inevitable PI call against Oakland to put Erin on the 3 yard line for an easy TD :roll:

Am starting to believe the fix is in when it's GB vs anyone but say the Pats or Dallas. "America's Team" after all.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The meltdown over on the DenailZone game thread is entertaining AF. Mr. No Fatal flaws” is being compared to the Kraepper.
Good times! :2thumbs:

Mizak

Reaction score
Ridiculous reffing on Packers Raiders game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Carr reaches the ball at the goalline and loses control into the endzone and then OOB resulting in a touchback. Hate this rule but regardless, it is that way so why would anyone stretch the ball next to the sideline within a couple yards of the endzone?

EDIT: cost the Raiders a possible 7 and then GB TD drive so 14 point swing. On top of that GB gets the ball to start the 2nd half. Raiders likely done. What a shame cuz we could use a loss by the Pack since they're NFC

Wartooth

Reaction score
Raiders / Packers

Penalties: Raiders 7-87 - Packers 3-20

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
JimmyD just after missing the last interception just threw one on 4th down, with redskins now enjoying good field position. Too bad coach didn't trust their now-paid underperforming kicker. I suppose this is just longsnapper problems lol.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":eyjkvfy0 said:
JimmyD just after missing the last interception just threw one because coach didn't trust their now-paid underperforming kicker. I suppose this is just longsnapper problems lol.
Would you kick a 55 yarder in monsoon level rain on natural grass (mud)?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":8pggwxhx said:
JimmyD just after missing the last interception just threw one because coach didn't trust their now-paid underperforming kicker. I suppose this is just longsnapper problems lol.
They should have punted. That’s a field position type game.
Jimmy GQ should have 3 picks. Defense dropped 2 of them.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2w399qw8 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2w399qw8 said:
Would you kick a 55 yarder in monsoon level rain on natural grass (mud)?

Probably if I were JimmyG and interception prone.

9ers trot Gould out for a chip shot that he scores, they finally get on the board 3-0