Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:47 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Whut??????

Seattle has never had a good O-Line with Wilson under center. He has been the best QB ever when throwing under pressure. Both in his full body of work, and this season.

That is his game, it's kind of what he does.

Take note of the O-Line Ranking.

To beat Wilson you have to get him on the ground, pressuring him is not good enough, he kills defenses otherwise.

But where is the Franchise, not seeing Jimmy there?

Also not seeing any QBs with a run game that averages 171 yards per game or the leagues #1 defense.

Despite that, 70.8 Comp%, 13TDs, 7INTs, a 100.6 QB Rating, 69.1 QBR...and an 8-0 record. :D

You list 7 picks like that's a good thing.

No, I listed it as a part of his stat line. I ain't hiding from it.

If I DIDN'T list it, someone here would have said "yeah, but 7 INTs".

Jimmy is still learning, still making mistakes, and as I said before the season started, he'll be a better QB at the end of the season than he was at the beginning. We are already seeing signs of that.

The point in my post though was that he hadn't needed to put up big numbers to win.

He's been asked twice this year to come through in the clutch...Pittsburg and Arizona. He delivered both times. Now some intrepid poster will point out that he threw 2 INTs vs Pitt, but both were deflections off the receivers hands, in the first quarter, and he rallied late to win the game. Most Niner fans would tell you it was his best game as a 49er...until Arizona.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Also not seeing any QBs with a run game that averages 171 yards per game or the leagues #1 defense.

Despite that, 70.8 Comp%, 13TDs, 7INTs, a 100.6 QB Rating, 69.1 QBR...and an 8-0 record. :D

It is, if it’s the “Golden boy”. He can do nothing wrong in many Niners trolls eyes.
    He has “no fatal flaws” according to some. He’s 8-0, some snowflake Niner trolls bellow.... reality: thanks to the defense.

Defense has been great. So has running game.

...I'm not sure why some think of that as a knock on him. Jimmy has been nails when it matters. He's been fantastic on 3rd and 4th down. He's been very good under pressure. In fact, odd stat, 5 of his 7 INTs have been in the 1st quarter. As the game wears on, his QB Rating only rises. When they are down, its 115. Don't believe me?

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmygaroppol ... ionalstats

Look at his splits broken down by half this season.

First Half:
    70.8 comp%, 982 yards, 8TDs, 6INTs, 92.2 Rating

Second Half:
    70.8 comp%, 824 yards, 5TDs, 1INT, 113.7 Rating

So Hernia, you can keep propping up your lame "no fatal flaws" comment that you've been knowingly taking out of context for some time now, but someday you might have to come to the realization that Jimmy isn't a bad QB. Every Niner fan poster in here would tell you he is not a top 5 QB in the NFL and that Wilson is the MVP right now. He's had to be to have their current record. Seahawks are currently +18 in point differential. What would the Seahawks record be if Wilson DIDN'T have 22TDs and 1INT (that stat line is ridiculous...lol).

The "Golden Boy" as you put it is the best QB in SF in some time. Really can't be argued otherwise. Is he Wilson? Mahomes? Rodgers? Brees?

No. At least not yet. In their first years as starters, neither were any of those guys...well except Mahomes. He's ludicrous. I'm not saying Garoppolo will be those guys. What I am saying is he's a very good QB and the best I've seen in SF in quite some time. Not sure why thats controversial.

So go ahead now and do what you always do and misrepresent what posters are saying. I'd expect no less.

Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:46 am
  • No idea if he'll end up being a top notch starter. However, if he ever brings the team back and wins a huge game, I'll be a little more impressed. Russ has 31 4th quarter or OT comebacks since 2012. THAT is a clutch QB, and it is often behind a Swiss Cheese O-Line.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:12 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No idea if he'll end up being a top notch starter. However, if he ever brings the team back and wins a huge game, I'll be a little more impressed. Russ has 31 4th quarter or OT comebacks since 2012. THAT is a clutch QB, and it is often behind a Swiss Cheese O-Line.

Unfortunately coming from the Patriots and now a really good offensive mind like Shanahan's, I do think Garoppolo will continue to get better and better.

Like Russell and other great QB's, it's as much about the coaching, systems and organizations they're in, as much as it is about their own talents........and right now Jimmy G's in a great environment to flourish.

I wish I thought differently.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:48 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No idea if he'll end up being a top notch starter. However, if he ever brings the team back and wins a huge game, I'll be a little more impressed. Russ has 31 4th quarter or OT comebacks since 2012. THAT is a clutch QB, and it is often behind a Swiss Cheese O-Line.

...and to put that in perspective, Russ has almost twice as many comebacks as Garoppolo has NFL starts.

I don't question Wilson. He's done it. He's proved it.

Early returns are positive for Garoppolo, but there is a lot more story to write.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:49 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:No idea if he'll end up being a top notch starter. However, if he ever brings the team back and wins a huge game, I'll be a little more impressed. Russ has 31 4th quarter or OT comebacks since 2012. THAT is a clutch QB, and it is often behind a Swiss Cheese O-Line.

Unfortunately coming from the Patriots and now a really good offensive mind like Shanahan's, I do think Garoppolo will continue to get better and better.

Like Russell and other great QB's, it's as much about the coaching, systems and organizations they're in, as much as it is about their own talents........and right now Jimmy G's in a great environment to flourish.

I wish I thought differently.

Agreed.

He still has to go out and do it, but he's been put in a position to succeed. Coaching won't be the reason he fails.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 pm
  • It's a good point. If Bill B thought highly of Pretty Boy, that says a lot. I'm sure he'll be a solid NFL QB, I just need to see him win some games that matter and more importantly carry his team to victory by way of comeback.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:11 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's a good point. If Bill B thought highly of Pretty Boy, that says a lot. I'm sure he'll be a solid NFL QB, I just need to see him win some games that matter and more importantly carry his team to victory by way of comeback.

Well, he's had a few comebacks...in 2016 and vs Steelers this year. In Arizona it was about converting 3rd downs to kill the clock because the D was clearly gassed.

There will come a time when he needs to play well and all the marbles will be on the line. We won't know for sure till that happens. I have no fears about when he's put in that position, but you are correct that he;s yet to prove it. Niners just haven't been in that many games that mattered recently.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:49 pm
  • Kittle was DNP again today.

His replacement, Dwelley, took over nicely for Juice and also in 4Q against Cards for Kittle. But still as someone said, Kittle remains not just one of their most important, but possibly the most important.

Practice window opened for Celek (who has to be activated or released 11/24) but have heard no chatter on him going vs. SEA.

BONUS ETA: Sherm tells Staley, 49ers fans that they should have been more upset by the score. Which was 19-3:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/1 ... ld-pissed/

Sherm, not to say you're wrong, but thatt enemy fanbase is now...your own.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:04 pm
  • Has Seattle ever lost a primetime game under Carroll/Wilson? Don't ever recall seeing them lose excluding the playoffs and that game they tied with Arizona.
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:06 pm
  • SF49r wrote:Has Seattle ever lost a primetime game under Carroll/Wilson? Don't ever recall seeing them lose excluding the playoffs and that game they tied with Arizona.

Not many....they have a great record on MNF (and SNF), but then again, they have a great record at home as well and we see how that's been this season.
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:22 pm
  • I would feel a lot better about this game if it was a normal Sunday game but since its on MNF this game scares me more than the Saints in the Superdome at 10 am later in the season.
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:25 pm
  • SF49r wrote:I would feel a lot better about this game if it was a normal Sunday game but since its on MNF this game scares me more than the Saints in the Superdome at 10 am later in the season.

Be scared ...be very scared.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:05 pm
  • Well I'm scared for every game, I'm just a nervous fan dont mind me. Too much PTSD from the Tomsula and Kelly days
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:35 pm
  • SF49r wrote:Has Seattle ever lost a primetime game under Carroll/Wilson? Don't ever recall seeing them lose excluding the playoffs and that game they tied with Arizona.

2015 against Arizona on SNF

2017 against Atlanta on MNF

Both in Seattle.
    ClutchDJ
    NET Rookie

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:30 am

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:03 pm
  • Wilson is the MVP currently (I think McCaffery will win the MVP). He is a Hall of Famer.

That being said, I would project JG will win more Super Bowls than RW when both careers are over. Jimmy has "it" and that's all that is necessary when you have an elite defense and running game. With "it" all he has to do is get clutch 3rd down conversions in the most highly leveraged moments of the game, something he has shown he is adept at. Now he just has to show it in the playoffs when it matters most. If Trent Dilfer can win a SB with an elite defense, JimmyG can and will win at least one. Not sure if it will be this year, but we are positioned well to make a good run at it, esp if we can get home field advantage and not have to go to New Orleans or Green Bay. To do this we must beat the Seahawks Monday night or even the division is wide open with how difficult the schedules get for SF and Seattle and if the Rams regain form.

I thought the Packers were pretenders all season from watching them, and that's how I feel about the Seahawks. The Chargers showed I am right about GB. Can my Niners show I'm right about Seattle Monday night? Can't wait to find out.

I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

The era of JimmyG has begun :P
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:49 pm
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:Wilson is the MVP currently (I think McCaffery will win the MVP). He is a Hall of Famer.

That being said, I would project JG will win more Super Bowls than RW when both careers are over. Jimmy has "it" and that's all that is necessary when you have an elite defense and running game. With "it" all he has to do is get clutch 3rd down conversions in the most highly leveraged moments of the game, something he has shown he is adept at. Now he just has to show it in the playoffs when it matters most. If Trent Dilfer can win a SB with an elite defense, JimmyG can and will win at least one. Not sure if it will be this year, but we are positioned well to make a good run at it, esp if we can get home field advantage and not have to go to New Orleans or Green Bay. To do this we must beat the Seahawks Monday night or even the division is wide open with how difficult the schedules get for SF and Seattle and if the Rams regain form.

I thought the Packers were pretenders all season from watching them, and that's how I feel about the Seahawks. The Chargers showed I am right about GB. Can my Niners show I'm right about Seattle Monday night? Can't wait to find out.

I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

I stopped reading all after you said that GQ will have more Super Bowl wins than Russ.
    The only way that happens is if you are already counting the ones where GQ
    was holding a clipboard for the Cheatriots, or unless they change the rules and start awarding points for interceptions.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 pm
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:Wilson is the MVP currently (I think McCaffery will win the MVP). He is a Hall of Famer.

I thought that Vaping was banned in California also, you got a hold of some bad stuff.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:43 pm
  • Kittle was held out of practice again and is officially doubtful for Monday.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:43 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:Wilson is the MVP currently (I think McCaffery will win the MVP). He is a Hall of Famer.

I stopped reading all after you said that GQ will have more Super Bowl wins than Russ.
    The only way that happens is if you are already counting the ones where GQ
    was holding a clipboard for the Cheatriots, or unless they change the rules and start awarding points for interceptions.

RW has one. That's it so far. It's not out of the realm of possibility that JG gets one in the next few years, with a great shot this year because of Shanahan's O and the defense. Matt Ryan had (I think) 21 TDs 16 INTs in his first season with Shanahan, and won the MVP the next year. There is a lot of speculative future upside for JG in this offense going forward.

We will see.

And no, I do not count anything he won on the Patriots.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 pm
  • @marvin49

There maybe a reason Wilson is not up there on the list for top 3rd down passing conversion. Could it be that the OL is just crrap and the defense is just keyed on passing during 3rd down opportunities? Perhaps if we had a better OL, Wilson would have some time to convert those 3rd downs. IDK.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:04 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Kittle was held out of practice again and is officially doubtful for Monday.

Ya tough loss. We need his energy and talents on the field.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:30 pm
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

Wish in one hand, $h!t in the other. See which fills up first.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:37 pm
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

I mean, he's due. What with the dynasties other guys like him have had. Nick Foles, for example. Remember when he had that near-perfect season and turned the Eagles' success into a handful of Lombardis? Yeah, me too!

:irishdrinkers:
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:00 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

I mean, he's due. What with the dynasties other guys like him have had. Nick Foles, for example. Remember when he had that near-perfect season and turned the Eagles' success into a handful of Lombardis? Yeah, me too!

JimmyG is better than Nick Foles. I do like Nick Foles and he played a great Super Bowl. But no chance in hell I'm trading JG for NF.

You really think IF the Niners won the SB this year, we would not be competing for them year in and year out for a minimum good five year window? Our team and defense is young.

We will see. But for now I'll take one Super Bowl and don't give a damn who is at the helm making it happen.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:19 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:@marvin49

There maybe a reason Wilson is not up there on the list for top 3rd down passing conversion. Could it be that the OL is just crrap and the defense is just keyed on passing during 3rd down opportunities? Perhaps if we had a better OL, Wilson would have some time to convert those 3rd downs. IDK.

Those graphics RE Garoppolo were not intended as "Garoppolo is better than Wilson". They were intended as "Jimmy doesn't suck". LOL. Wilson has nothing to prove.

As for protection....well yeah, but Jimmys been playin with their 4th and 5th string tackles, so its not like his protection has been stellar. The reason he hasn't been sacked a ton is because the entire scheme of the O was predicated on getting the ball out quickly to keep him upright. Its also resulted in a few INTs.

It will be interesting to see how much that gameplan changes with their tackles back and if they'll use alot more longer developing routes.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:20 am
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

JimmyG is better than Nick Foles. I do like Nick Foles and he played a great Super Bowl. But no chance in hell I'm trading JG for NF.

You really think IF the Niners won the SB this year, we would not be competing for them year in and year out for a minimum good five year window? Our team and defense is young.

We will see. But for now I'll take one Super Bowl and don't give a damn who is at the helm making it happen.

Dude....he hasn't even played in a playoff game. SLOW DOWN.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:32 pm
  • Told you all TB was better than AZ. :stirthepot:
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:55 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:

Dude....he hasn't even played in a playoff game. SLOW DOWN.

It's called projecting Marvin. I'm an ENTP (Meyers Briggs parlance) and thus a dreamer and enjoy speculating on future realities based on what I see in the present. So far, he looks to have "it" when "it" is needed. If the playoff pressure causes him to look materially different, I will reduce my future expectations at that point.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:19 am
  • Gameday Gents.

Good Luck...but not too much. :D

Here's hoping everyone gets out healthy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:30 am
  • Enjoy 8-1 and being in second place.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Enjoy 8-1 and being in second place.

We'll see....

and even if that were true, how is 8-1 second place?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Enjoy 8-1 and being in second place.

We'll see....

Well, that includes us also beating you in Seattle, both teams going otherwise undefeated, and you guys being a 14-2 wild card due to the tie breaker. :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:17 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Enjoy 8-1 and being in second place.

We'll see....

Well, that includes us also beating you in Seattle, both teams going otherwise undefeated, and you guys being a 14-2 wild card due to the tie breaker. :mrgreen:

Right.......but that doesn't mean 8-1 AND second place. LOL.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am
  • FYI, Nothing official right now, but looks like Kittle won't play.

Sigh.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:50 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:FYI, Nothing official right now, but looks like Kittle won't play.

Sigh.

That really sucks but we are better than them by a big enough margin that we should still win this game. Dwelley will be effective, just without the yards after the catch Kittle provides.

We are on 11 days rest. Sherman is pissed about the D's last performance and will have us focused against his former team. We are at home. And we are just the better team all around.

27-20 Niners win this.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:FYI, Nothing official right now, but looks like Kittle won't play.

Sigh.

That really sucks but we are better than them by a big enough margin that we should still win this game. Dwelley will be effective, just without the yards after the catch Kittle provides.

We are on 11 days rest. Sherman is pissed about the D's last performance and will have us focused against his former team. We are at home. And we are just the better team all around.

27-20 Niners win this.

I'm looking forward to you disappearing from here when Wilson pantses your D that's been feasting on crappy offenses.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:FYI, Nothing official right now, but looks like Kittle won't play.

Sigh.

49ers have the number 1 rushing attack against a Seahawk defense that's ranked somewhere in the middle in rush defense. So, while Kittle looks like he isn't going to play, that rushing attack still has to be respected by the Seahawk defense. If that's the case, the Seattle pass defense becomes vulnerable to the other 49er receivers. Dwelley looked decent being Kittle in the Cardinal game, I hope that continues.

I don't think, as great as the 49er defense is, that they will significantly slow down the Seattle offense. But all it takes is one or two three and outs and the 49ers can start piling on the points. It's going to be a great game, and I agree with you - it's going to be a lot closer than what Las Vegas and some Media talking heads are saying it is.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:09 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:FYI, Nothing official right now, but looks like Kittle won't play.

Sigh.

27-20 Niners win this.

I'm looking forward to you disappearing from here when Wilson pantses your D that's been feasting on crappy offenses.

I"m pretty sure Russell is going to put up at least as many points as Kyler did against the 49er defense, if not more, because Seattle's offense is so much more talented. I just hope the 49er offense can match Wilson - drive for drive and score for score.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:10 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:

Sigh.

27-20 Niners win this.

I'll come here and eat crow if you are able to defeat the Niners in this game. My score prediction is not a blowout so there is no blatant disrespect. Fact is, the 49ers are undefeated and have looked far more impressive this season than the Seahawks, who could easily be 5-4 and who I view as a 5-4 type team based on how they have looked.

But as we saw yesterday, Atlanta defeated NO on the road convincingly so anything can happen in a division game.

As far as feasting on crappy offenses, we can only play who is on our schedule. We will learn a lot tonight.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:32 pm
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:

Sigh.

27-20 Niners win this.

I'll come here and eat crow if you are able to defeat the Niners in this game. My score prediction is not a blowout so there is no blatant disrespect. Fact is, the 49ers are undefeated and have looked far more impressive this season than the Seahawks, who could easily be 5-4 and who I view as a 5-4 type team based on how they have looked.

But as we saw yesterday, Atlanta defeated NO on the road convincingly so anything can happen in a division game.

As far as feasting on crappy offenses, we can only play who is on our schedule. We will learn a lot tonight.

Just responding to the bolded.

I thought that too, but I've kinda come to a realization.

If Seattle wins, the narrative won't be that the Seahawks are great. It will be that the Niners weren't as good as everyone thought.

If SF wins, then people will say, "yeah, but the Seahawks hadn't beaten anyone". This is in no way a slight on Seattle. Its about the way the media treats EVERY Niner win. "THIS is the week that X happens". Then they maul that team and I still hear "they haven't played anyone".

I mean really, whom has Seattle beaten that qualifies as "anyone" in the statement the Niners haven't beated anyone?

I just watched a thing on GMFB where they were posting to the "trust tree", putting teams on those branches as they trusted them.

Yeah....the Patriots, Saints, Ravens, and Seahawks were ALL taken before the NFLs only undefeated team, and even then she said she didn't trust putting them there.

The disrespect is real. Its OK tho. I don't want them crowned. Make no mistake, Wilson and that O will be the biggest challenge so far this year, but the narrative is loopy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:52 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

It is, if it’s the “Golden boy”. He can do nothing wrong in many Niners trolls eyes.
    He has “no fatal flaws” according to some. He’s 8-0, some snowflake Niner trolls bellow.... reality: thanks to the doefense.

So where on the spectrum are you, or is it something else? I merely ask because by understanding the disability you have it might be easier to communicate with you, since simple, clear English is obviously ineffective (as evidence by the repeated misrepresentation of what was said, over and over again, much like Tryion’s cousin, “SMATH THE BEETLES! SMATH EM!”)

5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:52 pm
  • Marvin this will come down to will Pete play not to lose or allow Wilson to actually play and use all of his weapons, same for the defense, we can't allow those delayed sprint draws off tackle that your 49ers have had success with, Kittle out will limit some of those I imagine, but the open underneath stuff and YAC will be demoralizing if we don't start playing tighter say a 5 yard separation in zone versus that 10 or 15 yard drop they have been doing.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:59 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Marvin this will come down to will Pete play not to lose or allow Wilson to actually play and use all of his weapons, same for the defense, we can't allow those delayed sprint draws off tackle that your 49ers have had success with, Kittle out will limit some of those I imagine, but the open underneath stuff and YAC will be demoralizing if we don't start playing tighter say a 5 yard separation in zone versus that 10 or 15 yard drop they have been doing.

Kittle is a big reason for their success in the run game. If he doesn’t go it’s a massive double whammy. And on defense they are already down Kwon and Witherspoon. It looks like the only advantage the 49ers have is that Seattle had to travel south a couple states.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:05 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Marvin this will come down to will Pete play not to lose or allow Wilson to actually play and use all of his weapons, same for the defense, we can't allow those delayed sprint draws off tackle that your 49ers have had success with, Kittle out will limit some of those I imagine, but the open underneath stuff and YAC will be demoralizing if we don't start playing tighter say a 5 yard separation in zone versus that 10 or 15 yard drop they have been doing.

I mean, I get what you are saying, but I kinda refuse to believe that it all depends on what Pete does. I respect the man, but he won't be the only coach on the sidelines tonight.

IMO, Seattle will score, they will move the ball on the ground and they will have some success passing the ball.

....but I also think that the 49ers will have success in all those same areas...so who knows how it works out. I'll have my wife on standby to call 911 because I have a feeling I'm not gonna breathe for 3.5 hours.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Marvin this will come down to will Pete play not to lose or allow Wilson to actually play and use all of his weapons, same for the defense, we can't allow those delayed sprint draws off tackle that your 49ers have had success with, Kittle out will limit some of those I imagine, but the open underneath stuff and YAC will be demoralizing if we don't start playing tighter say a 5 yard separation in zone versus that 10 or 15 yard drop they have been doing.

I mean, I get what you are saying, but I kinda refuse to believe that it all depends on what Pete does. I respect the man, but he won't be the only coach on the sidelines tonight.

IMO, Seattle will score, they will move the ball on the ground and they will have some success passing the ball.

....but I also think that the 49ers will have success in all those same areas...so who knows how it works out. I'll have my wife on standby to call 911 because I have a feeling I'm not gonna breathe for 3.5 hours.

The reason I say that is when we got behind right away against Tampa Pete allowed Schotty to open it up, he also gave Norton or called it himself the defense to go tighter and play Man as well. Both situations were better and paid dividends.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:25 pm
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information