Niners are going to the Super Bowl

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Las Vegas has the Chiefs by 1.5 pts over the Niners which is basically even. It will be a close game.I think Mahomes will give the Niners defense problems.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ClarkForTheWin":2eg1lv6d said:
RolandDeschain":2eg1lv6d said:
ClarkForTheWin":2eg1lv6d said:
I'll bet on that 49er Defense all day long.
Prove it.

The simple fact that both the 49er Offense and Defense is ranked higher then the Chiefs should be proof enough. Strength of schedule ? NINERS own that also.

That Chief Defense has played the Texans and Titan's. Shanahan offense will own it.

The 49er number one ranked Defense will give Mahomes fits.

This 49er team IS NOT the Texans and Titan's.

49ers by 15.
You misunderstand. You said you'll bet on them all day. Prove that you are doing so; put your money where your mouth is and show us the proof. :)

Maulbert

Reaction score
ClarkForTheWin":2aj4vm3m said:
RolandDeschain":2aj4vm3m said:
ClarkForTheWin":2aj4vm3m said:
Prove it.

The simple fact that both the 49er Offense and Defense is ranked higher then the Chiefs should be proof enough. Strength of schedule ? NINERS own that also.

That Chief Defense has played the Texans and Titan's. Shanahan offense will own it.

49ers by 15.

Mahomes was injured and missed games this year. I don't suppose that figures into the rankings.

Oh, btw, fun fact:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1219113817243897856[/tweet]

ClarkForTheWin

Reaction score
Maulbert":300n2vj5 said:
ClarkForTheWin":300n2vj5 said:
RolandDeschain":300n2vj5 said:
ClarkForTheWin":300n2vj5 said:
Prove it.

49ers by 15.

Mahomes was injured and missed games this year. I don't suppose that figures into the rankings.

Oh, btw, fun fact:

I don't suppose that the reason Mahomes has thrown for more yards in these play-offs is because the 49ers are playing smash mouth football and are not asking Jimmy to throw?

I have a feeling Kittle and Sanders will be put into the game plan against that Chiefs Defense.

Should be fun to watch.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":2mvdaxy5 said:
ClarkForTheWin":2mvdaxy5 said:
RolandDeschain":2mvdaxy5 said:
ClarkForTheWin":2mvdaxy5 said:
Prove it.

49ers by 15.

Oh, btw, fun fact:

So if RW could win games with the same stats you'd think less of him.

I think it great that the 49ers could have won by the scores they did with the QB throwing 20 times in both games.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1219119117090902017[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1219106898177183749[/tweet]
........... Great Story .......... Unrelenting Grit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stuff the box, stop the run, and make Crappollo beat you. He’s very Dilferesque, minus the earned Super Bowl ring.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1219160448161009665[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SamuelYLam/status/1219152616132730880[/tweet]

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":1qyqsujo said:
Maulbert":1qyqsujo said:
ClarkForTheWin":1qyqsujo said:
RolandDeschain":1qyqsujo said:
Prove it.

49ers by 15.

Oh, btw, fun fact:

So if RW could win games with the same stats you'd think less of him.

I think it great that the 49ers could have won by the scores they did with the QB throwing 20 times in both games.

I only posted a fun fact. I said nothing about what it meant.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Yeah John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan have done a great job of putting this team together. We have a functional GM and a functional Head Coach for the first time in years. Yeah as others commented about Tomsula no we don't miss him. The Yorks are honestly pretty bad owners. They made mistake after mistake and toiled for years. Finally they hired these 2 and turned it around. But it's much more Lynch and Shanahan. Yorks are still bad owners IMO. They have been bad 90% of 20 years that they owned the team. They just got lucky with the GM and Coach hires. We are glad to have them and now have a real NFL team instead of a joke they were used to fielding.

94Smith

Reaction score
I usually trust DVOA when assessing offensive rankings and defensive rankings. KC has the advantage here and thus my prediction is KC 33 -SF 28

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
94Smith":kchvg5nl said:
I usually trust DVOA when assessing offensive rankings and defensive rankings. KC has the advantage here and thus my prediction is KC 33 -SF 28
DVOA is by far my favorite "general" stat.

Should be a hell of a game. Obviously, no one here wants to see the Niners win another one... ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Niners D is for real, so I don't think KC is going to be able to hang 40 on the Niners.

But I do think KC's defense is good enough to shut down SF's running attack (as they did Henry and the Titans run attack)..........and make Garropolo beat them.

Everyone's focusing on the Niners D vs KC's offense. But IMO the real matchup that'll determine who wins the SB is KC's defense vs. Niners offense.

Because if KC's defense can slow down or even shut down the Niners run attack, this is a SB they can win 17-10.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22lfo37i said:
5_Golden_Rings":22lfo37i said:
Nice image (fix your url, bud).
What am I missing in regards to the URL? It's just a Facebook CDN-hosted image from the NFL Memes group on FB.
Huh. It wasn't showing up for me, then when I copy and pasted the link it gave me a 404. Maybe it was me though.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I was hoping for an 8-8 season and a playoff appearance next year, which is to say I'm over the moon about this season regardless of what happens.

The Chiefs are deservedly slight favorites, IMO. It's just really hard to ever predict against a team for which seemingly no lead is safe.

It's crazy that the 9ers have made it to the SB twice with two entirely different regimes in the past ten years.

As much as treating Jed York like a punching bag is fun, in his twelve years as owner he has gotten a new stadium built and hired two coach/gm pairs to make it to the Super Bowl. It's really hard to knock that regardless of how schmucky you think he is.

I'm hoping they win in two weeks and continue to win moving forward obviously, but I'm already satisfied as hell with this turnaround.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1egqqqcv said:
Niners D is for real, so I don't think KC is going to be able to hang 40 on the Niners.

But I do think KC's defense is good enough to shut down SF's running attack (as they did Henry and the Titans run attack)..........and make Garropolo beat them.

Everyone's focusing on the Niners D vs KC's offense. But IMO the real matchup that'll determine who wins the SB is KC's defense vs. Niners offense.

Because if KC's defense can slow down or even shut down the Niners run attack, this is a SB they can win 17-10.

The difference is Titans running game is based on Henry aka Beast mode with speed pounding thru the line. The niners run game is based on misdirection and speed. Both Minn and GB knew they were going run and still couldn't stop it.

I think this is the game where Jimmy G has a big game. Not having to throw in the last two playoff games gives KC less film to look at. I think KS may have quite a few plays left in his bag and will putting it all out there for this game.

chris98251

Reaction score
To stop the 49ers you need speed and support from the secondary as well as maintaining your gaps and or zones, string them out and wait for the cavalry so they don't get the cutback lanes. Someone has to take on and out the lead blocker also.

Why we do well, we have speed and run support, our secondary, CB's are both willing in run support to tackle, our LB's have speed and can take on lead blockers.
The will get yards occasionally but not like what we saw last night.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Washington49er":ed64lfi6 said:
Sgt. Largent":ed64lfi6 said:

The difference is Titans running game is based on Henry aka Beast mode with speed pounding thru the line. The niners run game is based on misdirection and speed. Both Minn and GB knew they were going run and still couldn't stop it.

I think this is the game where Jimmy G has a big game. Not having to throw in the last two playoff games gives KC less film to look at. I think KS may have quite a few plays left in his bag and will putting it all out there for this game.

You're correct, and KC hasn't been good against the run.......but unlike Minny and GB, KC won't be coming into Santa Clara on fumes having just played exhausting playoff games the week prior, making it very difficult for them to get up once again.

KC's defense isn't big, but they are fast and talented. So I can certainly see them giving SF's run attack a good matchup.

We shall see.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I think Mahomes can outscore anyone. But Andy Reid's defenses has choked before in big time games. So yes this game will basically come down to KC's defense being able to stop the 9ers offense.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's amazing what five years of drafting well pretty high in the first round can get you. :( Tank for a while, then boot your ineffective coaches out and pursue a good one hard = success.