Washington or Dallas?

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":tcw3129b said:
Just to be clear, we would play at Dallas or Redskins because they won their division, right? Even though we have the better record?

That's correct, just like how we hosted a home game two years ago even though the Saints had a better overall record. Division winners always host the wildcard games.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Division winners are seeded one through four, and the two wild cards are five and six. First round (Wild Card weekend) is six at three, and five at four. You cannot host a first round playoff game if you are not a division winner. (Can't host a second round game if you are not a division winner, either, as the second round games are hosted by one and two.) Theoretically a wild card could host the NFC championship, if the six seed wins in the first two rounds, and the five seed wins in the first two rounds, then five would host six, but I don't know if that's ever happened, seems awfully unlikely.

pehawk

Reaction score
Want to know what's cool about THIS version of Seahawks, over Holmgren's version of the Seahawks? Pete's version travels well and WONT collapse with 1 injury.

I'm honestly, for the first time EVER in my lifetime of rooting on our beloved VMAC Warriors, NOT SWEATING THE WHOS OR WHERES. It's a VERY odd feeling I haven't recionciled within myself.

Uffda

Reaction score
Either or ... Don't have a care about which ever..

Can win anywhere.

themunn

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1nv2w897 said:
Probably more from recovering from an injury than from a hit, IMO.

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/2019956845_apfbncowboyswitten.html

"Jason Witten had nearly as many drops as catches through three games this season, back when his side still hurt just about every time he moved because of a lacerated spleen.

The Dallas Cowboys tight end dismissed any suggestion that the injury had anything to do with an uncharacteristic case of stone hands. The seven-time Pro Bowler didn't really even want to say how long it took to feel normal again once he decided to play in the season opener just 23 days after getting hurt in a preseason game."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...wboys-jason-witten-hopes-avoid-surgery-spleen

Witten has missed only one game in his career because of a fractured jaw as a rookie in 2003, and has played through a broken rib, knee and ankle injuries.

Kam hit him so hard the injury went back and time and injured him before the actual hit
Kind of like a theory of relativity thing.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":3qvj3jit said:
JGfromtheNW":3qvj3jit said:
Just to be clear, we would play at Dallas or Redskins because they won their division, right? Even though we have the better record?

That's correct, just like how we hosted a home game two years ago even though the Saints had a better overall record. Division winners always host the wildcard games.

Are you saying they are going to Beastquake us?

Maybe lay on the RGIII-valanch or possibly the Romo-pocalypse? :vodka:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
What if Dallas win but Min, Chi, and NYG lose. Washington would be the 6th seed and play at SF

So would FOX pick

Sea @ Dal
or
Was @ SF

I think Dallas fields a team that is more explosive and when hot could beat anybody but they don't have much if any homefield advantage, whereas the Redskins aren't scary on offense or defense, basically just RG3, but they do get the job done and would be a tougher environment.

I would be more entertained by a RW vs RG3 matchup and think a win for RW over RG3 would be incredible for his career. All the RG3 hype only to show him up and all the pundits that overlooked him. A much bigger chip on the should type of game.

Playing Dallas I fear them coming into the gme much more prepared and read for revenge as we smacked them down earlier this year, no way they would let us do that again.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I could see NYG @ SF as the Sunday night game.

I could see SF beating AZ and GB losing to Min, that would leave a rematch of Min @ GB I could see that getting sunday night slot as well.

Latest posts