Anyone pay attention to Browner?

Abach

Reaction score
Didn't watch the pats donkeys game, but heard that Browner dominated Julius thomas... can anyone confirm?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I saw the pick, and I saw he got called for a complete horsesh*t PI penalty.

It seems like he just kept the game physical and dirty ("dirty", not illegal just rough). Man I miss him. He set the tone for the defense over there. One of the big things we are missing this year is him.

Our defense is more worried about getting flagged than intimidating or punishing. Look at NE and see they did the same stuff, flag or no flag. But eventually it took its toll. And Denver folded like a K-mart deck chair.

Remember, him and Kam were the ones that gave the LOB its calling card. The brutal, vicious hitting.

But all accounts from Patriot land was he was a hero of the game.

sturg78

Reaction score
He was a stud. Super happy he got onto a winning franchise. I am sad red and clem ended up in shithaven florida

hoxrox

Reaction score
He had a pick and a pass defensed, and was overall pretty physical out there. It looked like the Pats watched our SB film and tried to mimic best they could. And it worked.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
We could do with Browner balling out for the rest of the year. As with Tate, the influence of post season honours in comp picks could improve a 4th into a 3rd. Though given he's missed a lot of games that might be hard.

irocdave

Reaction score
Seems that the Pats fans are noticing the influence Browner is bringing to the team. Lots of comments about how he has toughened up their D. I totally understand why he isn't here but miss watching is pure intimidation and attitude every Sunday. He was the originator of the LOB. You could see how his presence impacted this young team in the RRR's. Chris Clemons was a close second. The way he lit up C Michaels for starting to rap about pot in one of RRR's ...dude was a locker room leader as well.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Still think he would make an excellent SS.
and
I still think, he will end up that in NE.

253hawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/530384404972310529[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I saw the whole game and it isn't a fluke NE defense got better when BB came back from his suspension..He does bring the toughness and sure I wish we had kept him but it is what it is..I do know on one of those PI calls he did exactly that ..The other was a borderline call -he had his arm around the wr waist but the wr was also pushing off him..it doesn't really matter ..The guy is there to bring toughness to the D and he has..He's not an all pro- just does the dirty work..Did anyone see how he tried to keep that rb from scoring?He came out of nowhere and dives all out and knocks the guy out of bounds before he gets across the goal..Thats the BB I love..He never quits and plays hard...

drdiags

Reaction score
I was noticing as well that the Patriots swung him from corner to safety. He did a pretty good job on D Thomas. It was just no way the Seahawks could bring him back after the MJ suspension the year after the PED issue. He was screwed though but that is another story.

He looked good but got some flimsy flags as well with at least one illegal contact penalty. Will be interesting to see if the Patriots make it out of the AFC. Give a choice between them and the Broncos, I would love to see Elway's all in strategy blow up on him.

chris98251

Reaction score
BB is the New Rodney Harrison for Patriots, Bill loves a attitude and can forgive other things if he produces as well as makes Revis better.