Jeff Fisher Hypocrite

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
More than 24 hours after Sunday's game, Fisher was still fuming about a whistle that came after Rams defensive tackle Kendall Langford tackled Niners back Frank Gore, forcing a fumble that linebacker James Laurinaitis recovered and ran to the end zone. With the Rams trailing 10-3 in the second quarter, the loose ball and apparent touchdown would have tied the game and potentially shifted momentum, but the officials waited a beat and then blew the play dead.

It came out fine in the end, but Jeff Fisher isn't happy about a call that didn't go the Rams' way on a first-half play in San Francisco.
The ruling on the field was that Gore's forward progress had been stopped, so even though he fumbled, it was after his progress had ended.

“I think they’re fairly consistent as far as when they’re blowing the play dead," Fisher said. "This was highly inconsistent, however. This play was not dead. The ball came out. They made a mistake. Again, glad we won this game because that would be the major topic of discussion right now because that was a defensive score.”

How quickly he forgets the fumble at the end of the Rams Seattle game. After a gimme in that game he has the gaw to call out the refs on this one even after a victory. What a Dbag. He sucks as a coach anyways. He has mass talent on that team and can't even break .500 after how many years. Dirty and trick plays are the mainstay of his coaching style.

rlkats

Reaction score
Its just proof. No matter what everybody bitches when the ball dont fall their way. They ALL just need to shut the hell up and play football. The more they cry the more the ******** refs get in the game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
These are different situations.

While the Refs blew the call that Harkey recovered the fumble against Seattle, who actually came out of the pile with it? I heard it was a Ram, but there are no camera angles that actually show it. So, if it was a Ram, then we would have been ruled to have recovered it anyway.

That one was very tough on the officials all the way around.....strange play. I'd liken that to the ending against SF....if I was a Niner fan I'd be mad because I think Kap got into the end zone. Anyway, it was a freak type of play that doesn't usually happen, and the Refs made a call to the best of their ability. This is the same thing that happened against Seattle. Even if the Seahawks got hosed, it's just a different scenario.

The play Fisher is referring to was an extremely obvious fumble by Gore that the D picked up and returned. During the run back, in which no Niner players were anywhere near the player returning the fumble, the Refs ruled that the forward progress had been stopped. Literally robbed us of a TD.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fisher, but I don't believe this makes him a hypocrite. It's been a rough season and I'd be willing to be any amount of money that the Rams have had (by far) the most blown calls go against them of any team this year. So I'm a fan of him voicing his frustration....that call almost cost us the game.

And at the end of the day, I'd be fine if Pete Carrol came out and said that the Refs blew the game against us earlier this year. I don't think that's hypocrisy, I think it's smart. The NFL has to know that we won't stand for this crap anymore. I hate Seattle and SF with a PASSION.....but I don't want blown calls to be the reason we beat them.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Your last paragraph is right on Ramfan. In the NFC championship game I was actually relieved when Marshawn fumbled at the 1 after the Kearse fumble/Bowman recovery.

mikeak

Reaction score
The ref actually did the right thing if he waited with the whistle.

He waited until possession was established by either team then blew the play dead. If he gets overruled by another official then the TD can't come back on the board but at least possession was established and the Rams would have the ball.

This was what cost SD a game years ago when the ball was whistled dead to early.

Not saying the ref did the right thing calling it stop of forward progress but the fact that he waited is a good thing

SirTed

Reaction score
Ramfan128":24yfjfpz said:
who actually came out of the pile with it? I heard it was a Ram, but there are no camera angles that actually show it. So, if it was a Ram, then we would have been ruled to have recovered it anyway.

Richard Sherman clearly recovered the fumble, and came out of the pile with it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SirTed":1x3ry2eb said:
Ramfan128":1x3ry2eb said:
who actually came out of the pile with it? I heard it was a Ram, but there are no camera angles that actually show it. So, if it was a Ram, then we would have been ruled to have recovered it anyway.

Richard Sherman clearly recovered the fumble, and came out of the pile with it.

No he didn't, the Rams TE Harkey was the one who handed he ball to the ref.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 8aef1c0701

This isn't anywhere close to the same situation, so I'm confused about why Fisher's a hypocrite.