Hope Jared Allen

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Enjoys counting his money more then winning, his crap team is getting blown out at halftime with no hope for the post season.

endzorn

Reaction score
I would. We offered him table scraps compared to what the Bears paid. He'd have been a fool to turn down that money when he has a limited window to cash in.

DHawk

Reaction score
So does this mean GB should have home prime time games taken away since you know, they are ruining ratings with this blowout??

Didn't think so!

Mike 4G

Reaction score
DHawk":2w475ist said:
So does this mean GB should have home prime time games taken away since you know, they are ruining ratings with this blowout??

Didn't think so!
+1, doesn't seem to apply to Denver either.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Mike 4G":2sfqfe8l said:
DHawk":2sfqfe8l said:

Didn't think so!
+1, doesn't seem to apply to Denver either.

Either that or the premise is faulty to begin with.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":snaindo2 said:
I would. We offered him table scraps compared to what the Bears paid. He'd have been a fool to turn down that money when he has a limited window to cash in.

I heard it wasn't about money. Mrs Allen didn't want to rotate in with everyone else. He thought being in a rotation was beneath him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":36nxw7n5 said:
endzorn":36nxw7n5 said:

I heard it wasn't about money. Mrs Allen didn't want to rotate in with everyone else. He thought being in a rotation was beneath him.

It's always about the money, always.

I'm sure snap count was a factor, but if the Hawks would have matched the Bear's offer he would have come here for a chance to win over being on a terrible Bears team. In fact, Allen was ready to sign here until the Bears made their ridiculous offer, so rotating obviously wasn't that big of a deal.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3a6s6d7o said:
pehawk":3a6s6d7o said:
endzorn":3a6s6d7o said:

I'm sure snap count was a factor, but if the Hawks would have matched the Bear's offer he would have come here for a chance to win over being on a terrible Bears team. In fact, Allen was ready to sign here until the Bears made their ridiculous offer, so rotating obviously wasn't that big of a deal.

Not according to Glazer.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":22yhphns said:
Sgt. Largent":22yhphns said:
pehawk":22yhphns said:
endzorn":22yhphns said:

Not according to Glazer.

C'mon man, the Bear's offered twice as much guaranteed money. I don't care who you are, that's about the money.

If it was like 500k more and more playing time? Then yeah, you can say I didn't want to rotate. But when it's TWICE as much money? It's about the $$$$.

pehawk

Reaction score
That's why he even got on the plane to Chicago. Again, Glazer's report, said Allen scoffed at the idea he wouldn't be in on every play he chose.

kearly

Reaction score
It was about stats (Allen's legacy), not money. Allen is very high on the all-time sacks leaderboard and felt that he had a chance at the top 3 all time if he got enough reps. He was also adamant about being an every down player, saying this publicly as a clear message to teams that were pursuing him. Which is why he remained a FA for a surprisingly long time.

It also seemed that getting a ring as a "mercenary" held little appeal to Allen. He went on the record saying as much before he signed with Chicago.

Allen has already made tons of money. The difference between the offers is not as big as some are making it sound, relative to the money Allen already had in the bank. This wasn't some guy fishing for his first big contract to feed and house his extended poverty stricken family. I do think money was a small consideration, but hardly the deciding factor. If Seattle had outbid Chicago I think he likely spurns them anyway. He wanted his name placed higher in the record books.

Chawks1

Reaction score
kearly":2ar034ow said:
It was about stats (Allen's legacy), not money. Allen is very high on the all-time sacks leaderboard and felt that he had a chance at the top 3 all time if he got enough reps. He was also adamant about being an every down player, saying this publicly as a clear message to teams that were pursuing him. Which is why he remained a FA for a surprisingly long time.

It also seemed that getting a ring as a "mercenary" held little appeal to Allen. He went on the record saying as much before he signed with Chicago.

Allen has already made tons of money. The difference between the offers is not as big as some are making it sound, relative to the money Allen already had in the bank. This wasn't some guy fishing for his first big contract to feed and house his extended poverty stricken family. I do think money was a small consideration, but hardly the deciding factor. If Seattle had outbid Chicago I think he likely spurns them anyway. He wanted his name placed higher in the record books.

And through 8 games he is 1.5 sacks closer to his all-time sack record. Only 68.5 sacks to go to tie Bruce Smith. At this pace he will be chasing QBs in his walker. Like OP said I hope he enjoys counting his money.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":1u2f3iz8 said:
That's why he even got on the plane to Chicago. Again, Glazer's report, said Allen scoffed at the idea he wouldn't be in on every play he chose.

Glazer's about a connected as they come, but when it comes to the subject of player's talking about money? I take it all with a grain of salt.

No player wants to say "I went here because they offered me the most money." They say things like "legacy, good fit for me and my family, close to home, blah blah blah."

For some reason saying you want money isn't an honorable or manly thing to say. But when 90% of players go to crappy teams because they offered the most money? That tells us everything we need to know about why they went there.

btw, Allen got on the plane to come here............twice, so obviously he didn't scoff too hard at coming to Seattle to be part of a rotation.

kearly

Reaction score
Chawks1":7itqx24a said:
And through 8 games he is 1.5 sacks closer to his all-time sack record. Only 68.5 sacks to go to tie Bruce Smith. At this pace he will be chasing QBs in his walker. Like OP said I hope he enjoys counting his money.

This totally makes sense, if you think Jared Allen moonlights as the Amazing Kreskin, while simultaneously wanting a few extra bucks at the expense of almost no sacks and a miserable team season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12th6o9a said:
pehawk":12th6o9a said:

Glazer's about a connected as they come, but when it comes to the subject of player's talking about money? I take it all with a grain of salt.

No player wants to say "I went here because they offered me the most money." They say things like "legacy, good fit for me and my family, close to home, blah blah blah."

For some reason saying you want money isn't an honorable or manly thing to say. But when 90% of players go to crappy teams because they offered the most money? That tells us everything we need to know about why they went there.

btw, Allen got on the plane to come here............twice, so obviously he didn't scoff too hard at coming to Seattle to be part of a rotation.

Totally agree and Glazer's not going to alienate himself from the inside, or diminish his cred with the outside by stating something as flippant as "it was only about the money". Not if he has something else he can latch onto and run with. I once viewed the guy as an asshat, but have to admit I am very impressed with Glazer and his accuracy.

Additionally, I've heard mention that Allen wasn't real keen on sharing another locker room with Harvin. I heard this early in the preseason and it was said as a joke, but I don't find it real hard to believe. Allen was very tight with Childres, but OTOH, so was Favre, and Favre and Harvin got along like sisters.

(Sorry B, but you know you had that diva thing going on, too).