This week Golden Tate stat

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I like Tate, he won a SB here and then got paid, as he should. However, he would not be putting up those types of numbers here, and to think otherwise is disingenuous at best.

Brahn

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1ske16ht said:
I like Tate, he won a SB here and then got paid, as he should. However, he would not be putting up those types of numbers here, and to think otherwise is disingenuous at best.

This 100%

We only threw the ball 17 times vs the Giants.

Tate had 11 catches, Opposite the best WR in the league.

Stafford had to throw 45 times.

Dunno how people think he would even close to the same here.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1ejhub6r said:
Aye, but I love seeing him get a ton of action in Detroit because it's evidence that our passing woes are not as WR-related as many have claimed.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
jake206":34pm2al5 said:
11 catches 109 yds.

Let me preface this by saying I love Tate and really wished we would have signed him. Our WR core is really missing him this year.

Now having said that - spewing out raw stats is incredibly misleading. He is being targeted more and that is the only reason he is more productive from a raw numbers standpoint ... in fact, look at this:

Last Year (Full Year)
99 Target
64 Catches
898 Yards
14 Avg
5 TD's

This Year (9 Games)
93 Targets
66 Catches
909 Yards
13.8 Avg
3 TD's

Only difference being Detroit throws it a ton and Seattle doesn't. His avg. production in terms of Catches, Yards, Avg/Catch and TD's are nearly identical.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3uc9baxj said:
OkieHawk":3uc9baxj said:
Aye, but I love seeing him get a ton of action in Detroit because it's evidence that our passing woes are not as WR-related as many have claimed.

I actually think they are - and I think we really miss Tate. We tried replacing his production with Harvin and that failed miserably - and RW doesn't have that security blanket guy that can go up and make the catch in traffic like Tate did. That is sorely missed and hopefully we can continue to overcome that shortcoming of our offense.

mikeak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":32vp940o said:
OkieHawk":32vp940o said:

Our receiving woes weren't on as great of a display last year. My point being is I give you partial credit :)

The receiving / passing wasn't fantastic last year but we moved the ball down the field in a way we infrequently do this year. I think it does point to the fact that we clearly miss Tate (more than I had thought) but also that there are other issues besides receivers be it - playcalling, offensive line, quarterback play

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Seahawks miss Tate. That's a quote from a Seahawks Offensive coach. He was a big part of their offense that they have struggled to replace.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
HawkFan72":35k86wl8 said:
The Seahawks miss Tate. That's a quote from a Seahawks Offensive coach. He was a big part of their offense that they have struggled to replace.

You have a link to that quote?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":382hy0a4 said:
HawkFan72":382hy0a4 said:

No, because it was in a conversation.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Any mention that Tate boinked Ashton, therefore causing his expulsion from the team?
:stirthepot:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3qr3xqed said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3qr3xqed said:
HawkFan72":3qr3xqed said:

Unsubstantiated. Roger that.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3dxsauqr said:
HawkFan72":3dxsauqr said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3dxsauqr said:
HawkFan72":3dxsauqr said:

Believe what you want, I was just passing along the info. If the speculation from sports writers who aren't even connected to the team makes you feel better because they can provide a link, go for it.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
HawkFan72":228tcqsr said:
CurryStopstheRuns":228tcqsr said:
HawkFan72":228tcqsr said:
CurryStopstheRuns":228tcqsr said:

Believe what you want, I was just passing along the info. If the speculation from sports writers who aren't even connected to the team makes you feel better because they can provide a link, go for it.

If you can't back it, then don't post it. Or, at least have your source verified like everyone else that is a member here and has inside information does. You are not special.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Not trying to be special. It wasn't even that big of info. Just passing along what I was told because it was relevant to the conversation. It's not like it was breaking news rumors or anything. I have had my source verified on this site in the past, to Les and others, and have posted info from this source multiple times...so you don't know what you're talking about. Please tell me how I am supposed to back with a link what I was told in a personal conversation. Bring a tape recorder for you?

Don't know what I did to piss you off, all I did was post relevant info to the conversation.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Everyone here should be rooting for Golden Tate. Frankly, he should make a Pro Bowl but im hoping he gets about 1500 yards, 10 tds to make a case for All-Pro.

He's already a sure fire 4th round comp contract wise but his performance could bump up to 3rd round pick.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zwx1bhu said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2zwx1bhu said:
Everyone here should be rooting for Golden Tate.
Half the forum is too petty and bitter to root for him.

It sucks to see someone do well after they leave you.

Like when you have an ex, you secretly hope that everyone they date after you will be uglier than you are.

I think that's just natural.

But from a football standpoint, it really only does add to our benefit if he does well this year. Next year you can root for him to suck, but this year even the bitter fans should want him to do well!