Seahawks will win the NFC West

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Great game Cardinals....definitely capitalized on the Rams mistakes.

But this type of success cannot be sustained. I said it before the game - just not afraid of the Cardinals. The Rams beat themselves Sunday:

STUPID illegal block by Kendricks on Jared Cook's 2nd big catch. And it was a penalty IMO. If he doesn't do that, we likely punch that ball in, and go up 21-10 in the 4th quarter. Game over.

Then there was Britt's drop that resulted in PP's pick 6....game was over at that point. Catch the damn ball dude.

Either way, Cards made fewer mistakes and thus, deserved to win, but I don't see them winning in STL, SEA, or SF. Better beat Seattle at home because aside from that, you still have to play Detroit and KC. Even playing at ATL can be tough.

It's not likely, but I can see the Cardinals losing the rest of their games.

Seahawks - 11-5

Niners - 10-6

Cards - 9-7

Rams - 6-10

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope we do win the division, but I don't see the Cardinals losing ALL but one of their remaining games. No way.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It could happen, but it would be on opposing offenses to avoid mistakes, and opposing defenses to take advantage of Stanton's weaknesses.

There is a reason they paid Carson Palmer 3 years 50 million dollars, he's much better than Stanton. Arians is one of the best coaches in the NFL, but he can't keep that MASH unit together forever. It's kind of like Kyle Orton on a winning streak, all of a sudden he realizes "Hey! I'm Kyle Orton!" and starts playing down to his skill level.

I see us winning the division, yesterday was a turning point, but it's a toss up for who comes in 2nd in the NFCW.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I came away from the Niner loss in week 3 thinking the exact same thing....

....but then they just kept on winning. Can't really explain it. I'd love to say it's just luck...but over two seasons now they've been pretty damn good at pulling out wins when peeps think they shouldn't.

ringless

Reaction score
The rams pass rush is ferocious to say the least. I rewatched the game today and despite Palmers interception he actually played a really good game. He got the ball out quick, and in the second half (which is where we change our adjustments) he lead two 6 minute drives back to back taking advantage of the pass rush. He evaded tacklers when it was a longer developing play. Overall he made great reads, had some overthrown balls, some dropped balls as usual.

While a lot of people say Stanton isn't a far drop off from Palmer I think he is. The guy just isnt on Palmers level. He had two bad games this year, and one good game against SF. This game I count for nothing, he played two series. A three and out being the second one, and a TD. He can't make the same throws as Palmer and I feel Stanton does not go through his progressions....

I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop all season and I believe it just did. We have zero stars coming back, they have all been season ending injuries, or season long suspensions. It's been all or nothing. The only player we are getting back is our #2 RB Stepan Taylor. While I would think most teams would try to run more, we can't. We have a small back who has to avoid hits, and no power running game. Stanton is just a game manager, he isnt going to drive down the field and win you football games. My local friends and fans see what they want to see, but I guess I just see an above average backup when he steps on the field.

I am not so sure the Seahawks win the NFC west however. The Cardinals have a two game lead with 7 to play, and I think it'd be fair to say there is a good chance that the Cardinals can win at home against them. Even if they drop the SF, Sea, and STL games on the road that gives them 1 more win, and 3 more losses. Seattle most likely loses to SF in a split. It's just too difficult to sweep teams in this division. Both teams have a really hard back half of the season. It's just my opinion but I think Seattle loses this week in KC. Seattle has not really been an impressive road team.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
ringless":2lttec61 said:
Seattle has not really been an impressive road team.

Might not impress you, but the Seahawks are 8-4 on the road since last season. 9-4 if you want to count the SuperBowl.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It is luck and maybe luck is sustainable.

The Hawks had numerous games last year that were won on a bounce here, a bounce there and in the case of the Niners games a shitstorm of Kaeperistic behavior.

Can AZ continue to get the bounces? Because they have had them all. The Hawks/Niners have just not had those bounces this year, even at 8-1 the Cards only have a 2 game lead in the division with some very big games coming up. The Hawks enjoyed a 3 game lead last year and still only won the division by a single game.

We know the Cards, Niners, Hawks and even the Rams play each other very tough and many times it comes down to the bounces. We will all see how that plays out before the season is over. The Cards don't concern me, but luck does. We have seen Palmer wing a ball up for a TD on an extremely low percentage catch, only to be followed by an INT created by the ground. Those are the kind of things that I hate to see.

ringless

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3mt05g5t said:
ringless":3mt05g5t said:

Might not impress you, but the Seahawks are 8-4 on the road since last season. 9-4 if you want to count the SuperBowl.

Well I dont want to count the Super bowl or playoffs because those don't count when adding the figures up.
But I'd like to counter that with, the Cardinals have only lost one home game in the last 383 days.... And are 9-1 in their last 10 at home. With their last home loss being to SF in week 17 by 3 points just hours after finding out they were eliminated from the playoffs. And are the most winningest team in the NFL not just this season, but dating back to last year as well at 15-3 in their last 18 regular season games. Those are very strong numbers...... In addition it is Arizona, not Seattle, or KC that may have the strongest home field advantage as of late when it comes to false starts caused by fans, followed by Detroit, and then Seattle.

What I am saying is, I feel we will win our home game. We much like you have a great coaching staff. However I feel at home, we will win, and when you are at home you will win. I think a split is a very reasonable guess. If you look at our home performances, statistics, etc, one would think we'd be favored in that situation and vice versa.... No?

Wilson is a great QB, but I think our strengths and weaknesses match up well with yours. If we can stop Lynch, which we can and have in recent history (including Gore, Murray, Tre Mason etc) then we would force you to pass. Wilson doesnt really go deep, the passing game of Seattle is not that strong. Again, at home I think it really benefits us.... And again, I will say we concede the game on the road

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":2r31hlk8 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2r31hlk8 said:
ringless":2r31hlk8 said:

Well I dont want to count the Super bowl or playoffs because those don't count when adding the figures up.
But I'd like to counter that with, the Cardinals have only lost one home game in the last 383 days.... And are 9-1 in their last 10 at home. With their last home loss being to SF in week 17 by 3 points just hours after finding out they were eliminated from the playoffs. And are the most winningest team in the NFL not just this season, but dating back to last year as well at 15-3 in their last 18 regular season games. Those are very strong numbers...... In addition it is Arizona, not Seattle, or KC that may have the strongest home field advantage as of late when it comes to false starts caused by fans, followed by Detroit, and then Seattle.

What I am saying is, I feel we will win our home game. We much like you have a great coaching staff. However I feel at home, we will win, and when you are at home you will win. I think a split is a very reasonable guess. If you look at our home performances, statistics, etc, one would think we'd be favored in that situation and vice versa.... No?

who are you debating here ringless?

you said the Hawks werent that impressive on the road. Curry indicated that 9-4 (8-4 if you want) over the last two years is pretty impressive.

noone said anything about the Cardinals.

I'd suggest noone's really thinking about the Cardinals over here unless you bring it up.

ringless

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2l2darwz said:
ringless":2l2darwz said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2l2darwz said:
ringless":2l2darwz said:

who are you debating here ringless?

you said the Hawks werent that impressive on the road. Curry indicated that 9-4 (8-4 if you want) over the last two years is pretty impressive.

noone said anything about the Cardinals.

I'd suggest noone's really thinking about the Cardinals over here unless you bring it up.

I didn't bring it up, someone else did. I was just stating I think we split our games this year and trying to use data to back it up. I understand that the Cardinals are nowhere near as discussed on this board as the 49ers because of the rivalry, but hey. It is the Cardinals in first place, and the 49ers chasing you.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Looking at the cardinals and seahawks remaining schedule, its going to be real interesting..
I can definitely see arizona losing ATLEAST 4 of the next remaining 7 games. I see a loss to detriot, kc, seahawks and the niners. Its even possible seattle sweeps them, which would be 5 losses.

Seattle has a tough schedule too. But i only see 3 losses coming from 1 sf, 1 arizona and possibly the eagles as well.
the niners have NYG, WSH, and OAK lined up in the next 4 weeks. We're getting aldon smith back as well..
should be a 3 way race till the end, just like last year. What an awesome division!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":14sv4i9i said:

TBF Curry isn't picking "over two years" randomly. He's picking it because it's the only way he can make his argument:

*This year on the road they're 2-2 (+3 points total, against teams that are a combined 14-21-1).
*Over three years on the road they're 11-10.

Basically, unless you cut exactly where Curry wants to, they're not that impressive on the road.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":4rqbsxgn said:
CurryStopstheRuns":4rqbsxgn said:
ringless":4rqbsxgn said:

Wilson is a great QB, but I think our strengths and weaknesses match up well with yours. If we can stop Lynch, which we can and have in recent history (including Gore, Murray, Tre Mason etc) then we would force you to pass. Wilson doesnt really go deep, the passing game of Seattle is not that strong. Again, at home I think it really benefits us.... And again, I will say we concede the game on the road

Wow.

...and I get accused of being sensitive. :D

A few things...

1) Yup, Cards had just found out they weren't in the playoffs, but the Niners had just found out they WERE in the playoffs the week before...so please. Stop with the excuses.

2) Don't quote home records to me. Seahawks had never lost at home with Wilson at QB...until they lost last year to Arizona. The Saints hadn't lost in 11 straight home games and 19 straight with Payton as the HC...until they lost yesterday. Streaks can be real impressive till someone comes along who ain't impressed.

3) The Seahawks are a better team at home. No question...I don't think any 'hawk fan would even argue. That doesn't mean they are BAD on the road....particularly when UOP Stadium tends to fill up with fans of opposing teams. I'm not putting you down there BTW because it was a problem at the 'stick at times as well.

4) "Stopping Lynch". ROTFLMAO. I'm sorry...you might be able to slow him down but quoting Gore/Murray/Mason is comical as examples. Frank Gore isn't the same Frank Gore anymore (and I'm a Niner fan)...particularly when you run blitz like crazy. Murray...TOTALLY stacked to stop the run because unlike the rest of the division you faced Weedon at QB and not Romo. Mason? Really? Decent RB, but comparing him to Lynch?

Arizona might very well beat Seattle in Arizona...but methinks this 8-1 record is going to your head just a bit.

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":297o01il said:
Looking at the cardinals and seahawks remaining schedule, its going to be real interesting..
I can definitely see arizona losing ATLEAST 4 of the next remaining 7 games. I see a loss to detriot, kc, seahawks and the niners. Its even possible seattle sweeps them, which would be 5 losses.

Seattle has a tough schedule too. But i only see 3 losses coming from 1 sf, 1 arizona and possibly the eagles as well.
the niners have NYG, WSH, and OAK lined up in the next 4 weeks. We're getting aldon smith back as well..
should be a 3 way race till the end, just like last year. What an awesome division!

There is no way Arizona is winning in St. Louis.

Seattle, SF, STL, KC - those are 4 losses for sure.

If they don't beat Detroit this week.....yikes.

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":12ijjarw said:
ringless":12ijjarw said:
CurryStopstheRuns":12ijjarw said:
ringless":12ijjarw said:

Wow.

...and I get accused of being sensitive. :D

A few things...

1) Yup, Cards had just found out they weren't in the playoffs, but the Niners had just found out they WERE in the playoffs the week before...so please. Stop with the excuses.

2) Don't quote home records to me. Seahawks had never lost at home with Wilson at QB...until they lost last year to Arizona. The Saints hadn't lost in 11 straight home games and 19 straight with Payton as the HC...until they lost yesterday. Streaks can be real impressive till someone comes along who ain't impressed.

3) The Seahawks are a better team at home. No question...I don't think any 'hawk fan would even argue. That doesn't mean they are BAD on the road....particularly when UOP Stadium tends to fill up with fans of opposing teams. I'm not putting you down there BTW because it was a problem at the 'stick at times as well.

4) "Stopping Lynch". ROTFLMAO. I'm sorry...you might be able to slow him down but quoting Gore/Murray/Mason is comical as examples. Frank Gore isn't the same Frank Gore anymore (and I'm a Niner fan)...particularly when you run blitz like crazy. Murray...TOTALLY stacked to stop the run because unlike the rest of the division you faced Weedon at QB and not Romo. Mason? Really? Decent RB, but comparing him to Lynch?

Arizona might very well beat Seattle in Arizona...but methinks this 8-1 record is going to your head just a bit.

1. I never said it was an excuse Marvin, I said we've lost one in the last 383 days.... That's pretty impressive, I didnt say it guarantees us a win. I just said I think it favors us. You dont see me blaming all our losses this season on the season ending injuries to our stars like other teams :stirthepot: :lol: I'll make sure to use it now that Palmers out though.

2. Well yes, Arizona use to have the problem of opposing team fans, but that has ceased. Look at quotes from opposing players all year. They say it was deafening in there. The rams said the sound was piercing.. But hey they're just the players and most likely dont get a good perspective from their point of view on the field.

3. I never said they were a bad road team, I dont think that. I know Seattle is a great team overall, however they are not as consistent on the road.

4. Lynch had 79 yds and zero touchdowns at home! Last time he played us, where he is most dominant. We havent allowed a 100yd rusher in 20 games. AZ run defense is for real.

5. I am not trying to be bias, hence the fairness in saying I think it is fair we split our games. I dont really feel I said anything wild Marvin, I tried to use data, and that divisional games are rarely sweeps.... I tried to look at recent trends over the last year... But go ahead and do what you do best and spin my words anyway you want... Here I'll even help you! But if you look at my board, I am not optimistic about the outcome of our season. Or even this week! I just think we split our game with Seattle... Its really that simple..

Attachments

• marvin.jpeg
    marvin.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,378

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin, I have a bonus question for you. You seam to be leading towards the Seahawks beating us at home and sweeping us.... If that is the case... Wouldn't you have to agree they will beat the 49ers in SF, considering how poorly SF has played at home, and how well Sea has played on the road..... Also taking into consideration SF sits third in the West? And if they beat SF in SF which, I would assume you would believe to be true based on what you've said in this thread you would have to agree SF would lose in Seattle as well.... Which means you agree SF season is over correct? Or do you think they should play the games and see what happens... Just looking for a little clarity and trying to see if what you say about one team, would then be consistent in regards to a team playing at a lower level?

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":2drmjlx3 said:
Marvin, I have a bonus question for you. You seam to be leading towards the Seahawks beating us at home and sweeping us.... If that is the case... Wouldn't you have to agree they will beat the 49ers in SF, considering how poorly SF has played at home, and how well Sea has played on the road..... Also taking into consideration SF sits third in the West? And if they beat SF in SF which, I would assume you would believe to be true based on what you've said in this thread you would have to agree SF would lose in Seattle as well.... Which means you agree SF season is over correct? Or do you think they should play the games and see what happens... Just looking for a little clarity and trying to see if what you say about one team, would then be consistent in regards to a team playing at a lower level?

Wow.

Quite a bit of postulation there...

I'm not saying anyone will win anywhere, I just kinda think you are getting a bit...this is going to come out wrong...arrogant since your team has been winning as it has.

Call it whatever you like, but it is my opinion that the ball has bounced the Cards way ALOT this year (like just coincidentally getting Dallas without Romo when every other team played the Cowboys at full strength). That's not their fault and it doesn't mean I don't think they are any good. Niners were similar in 2011. They had a turnover ratio that was ridiculous and unrepeatable.

What I DO think tho is that you have a false sense of how good your team is because you've come to expect SOMETHING will happen and the tide will turn. I know all to well because as I said before, I was right there with ya in 2011. Seemed like fate. I'm an SF Giants fan as well and seemed that way in 2010,, 2012, and 2014.

Maybe the Cards win the rest of their games and go on to the SB. Maybe they lose every game remaining. Who the hell knows. Just think its funny that you cite Arizona's home record and Seattle's road record as if they mean anything at all. I have no idea who's going to win. Never said otherwise.

The Lynch thing BTW wasn't that I thought it was impossible to slow him down...it was the examples you cited of a 31 year old back, a guy hampered by having no QB play that week, and a rookie.

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":3uol5yhb said:
ringless":3uol5yhb said:

Wow.

Quite a bit of postulation there...

I'm not saying anyone will win anywhere, I just kinda think you are getting a bit...this is going to come out wrong...arrogant since your team has been winning as it has.

Call it whatever you like, but it is my opinion that the ball has bounced the Cards way ALOT this year (like just coincidentally getting Dallas without Romo when every other team played the Cowboys at full strength). That's not their fault and it doesn't mean I don't think they are any good. Niners were similar in 2011. They had a turnover ratio that was ridiculous and unrepeatable.

What I DO think tho is that you have a false sense of how good your team is because you've come to expect SOMETHING will happen and the tide will turn. I know all to well because as I said before, I was right there with ya in 2011. Seemed like fate. I'm an SF Giants fan as well and seemed that way in 2010,, 2012, and 2014.

Maybe the Cards win the rest of their games and go on to the SB. Maybe they lose every game remaining. Who the hell knows. Just think its funny that you cite Arizona's home record and Seattle's road record as if they mean anything at all. I have no idea who's going to win. Never said otherwise.

The Lynch thing BTW wasn't that I thought it was impossible to slow him down...it was the examples you cited of a 31 year old back, a guy hampered by having no QB play that week, and a rookie.

I really dont think we are as good as I may let on I guess. I see a lot of weaknesses on the team, the biggest being our pass rush. The fact that we have to blitz so much. It means we get burnt, and we have every game it feels. I feel like we have given up a 50yd play every game this season, and it's because we rely on man coverage. That gets exploited against teams like the Broncos, and would be exploited against the Tom Brady's, Peytons, Bress etc. Its just a huge weakness to have.

On offense, our run game is still not a threat, we have no power run game and it really shows in the redzone.... It hurt to not have a back that can go and punish opposing defenses.

We have had a lot of luck, that is true, but we have also found a way to never give up at any point in any game. They fight and claw to the last second. Do I think we are a 8-1 team? No I really dont. I think we are a 5-3 team that had some things go our way.

Ie: The punt return by Ginn, and then unforced fumble in the redzone by the Giants to secure the win.

45Hawker

Reaction score
This years Cardinals team reminds me a lot of the 1999 Seahawks: Good, but not great on both sides of the ball. Some playmakers. Opportunistic and statistically average. (their D is playing well)

I think they'll finish with a similar record...

kearly

Reaction score
If the Cardinals go 0-3 in their three remaining games against SF-SEA, then it will be very hard for them to hold on. They would lose the tiebreaker to Seattle and possibly to SF as well.

I have a hard time seeing the 49ers getting swept by Stanton, especially since the Niners are a second half of the season kind of team.

The Seattle-Arizona games should be interesting. Especially the week 16 game.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers finished hot and won the division at 11-5.

The only way I see Seattle winning the division is if they continue to run the ball as dominantly against elite run defenses as they have against bad ones. Seattle needs an AZ sweep, and Lynch will be key there.