Kiero Small Released

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:46 AM
Player News: Browns | Kiero Small released
Analysis: The Cleveland Browns released FB Kiero Small Tuesday Nov. 11.

go get him JS.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Small has really struggled as a run blocker in his three games with Cleveland.

He started to grow on me toward the end of the preseason, mainly because he was flashing some ability on special teams.

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't know. I'm kind of enjoying a 6'3 280 something guy leading the way for Lynch. I wouldn't mind seeing Small on the practice squad I guess.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
At this point who do you release for Small, especially considering we have injuries on every level from TE, OL, DL, LBer, and S that are taking up active roster spots?

Tukuafu > Small

And Small will likely try to stay as close to B-more as he possibly can, so I doubt we'd have a strong case to get him on our P-Squad unless we were the only interested party.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I think we found a decent FB, and if you can't cut it in Cleveland you have no business on a Seahawk roster.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
seahawk 17":962bqaxv said:
I think we found a decent FB, and if you can't cut it in Cleveland you have no business on a Seahawk roster.

They have the same record as the hawks and are 1st in their division.

RE: Tukuafu - He is 30 years old. One year younger than Mike Rob.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3l9hc1n0 said:
seahawk 17":3l9hc1n0 said:

I've never understood the fascination so many people seem to have with Small. You're implying cutting Tukuafu right now because he is 30?? To make room for a fullback that PC and JS didn't think was good enough to make our final 53? I'll take a 30 year old 280 lb monster Tukuafu for this year and next year at 31. Tuk is simply bigger and better than Small.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":kd7g2a0r said:
ImTheScientist":kd7g2a0r said:
seahawk 17":kd7g2a0r said:

I've never understood the fascination so many people seem to have with Small. You're implying cutting Tukuafu right now because he is 30?? To make room for a fullback that PC and JS didn't think was good enough to make our final 53? I'll take a 30 year old 280 lb monster Tukuafu for this year and next year at 31. Tuk is simply bigger and better than Small.

You do know Tukuafu was on the street three weeks ago......

Im implying they search for a long term answer and Tukuafu at 30 is not that. Tukuafu was not good enough to make a 53 either and he wasn't snatched up right away either. Lets not act like he is gold. People are in love with his size/weight....not the reality of him as an actual player. Funny.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Tukuafu is a good FB. ONLY conclusion I can make is fans look at the size.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You could probably make room for him on the PS, but he may also want to go to the CLE PS, being from around that area.

pehawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":7jvyy7zw said:
You could probably make room for him on the PS, but he may also want to go to the CLE PS, being from around that area.

Exactly. He wrote a big "I'm going home to NE Ohio" essay in Sports Illustrated over the summer. It was all over the news.

Cartire

Reaction score
pehawk":3jqoanwx said:
vin.couve12":3jqoanwx said:

Exactly. He wrote a big "I'm going home to NE Ohio" essay in Sports Illustrated over the summer. It was all over the news.

Im so glad youre back.

CANHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":20jcpf72 said:
West TX Hawk":20jcpf72 said:
ImTheScientist":20jcpf72 said:
seahawk 17":20jcpf72 said:

Im implying they search for a long term answer and Tukuafu at 30 is not that. Tukuafu was not good enough to make a 53 either and he wasn't snatched up right away either. Lets not act like he is gold. People are in love with his size/weight....not the reality of him as an actual player. Funny.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Tukuafu is a good FB. ONLY conclusion I can make is fans look at the size.
Derp? Hawks HAVE a long term answer at fullback and it's Derek Coleman. Tuku is a band aid because Coleman's hurt.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
CANHawk":2b2n3o33 said:
Derp? Hawks HAVE a long term answer at fullback and it's Derek Coleman. Tuku is a band aid because Coleman's hurt.

Derp? I disagree with your opinion. My opinion is Coleman is not the long term answer. Lynch doesn't seem comfortable with him....I think the hawks want it to be Coleman, just don't think its Coleman.

Cartire

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2f7gif6o said:
CANHawk":2f7gif6o said:

Derp? I disagree with your opinion. My opinion is Coleman is not the long term answer. Lynch doesn't seem comfortable with him....I think the hawks want it to be Coleman, just don't think its Coleman.

Lynch doesnt seem comfortable with Lynch? Can you read other players auras too?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
^ beat me to it. Coleman will be back eventually. And Tukuafu is IMO playing pretty well from what I have seen so far. So I just dont think its a priority at the moment.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":r16wbm6o said:
West TX Hawk":r16wbm6o said:
ImTheScientist":r16wbm6o said:
seahawk 17":r16wbm6o said:

Are you serious?

Coleman beat out Small.

Tukuafu in already 2 games looks light years ahead of Coleman as a pure lead blocker. And what matters most is Lynch, and Lynch seems to trust Tukuafu and those two bad asses seem to feed off who can truck more players.

Yeah, let's just blow up that chemistry up.

Frankly, though M-Rob would still be playing in this league if he didn't have that bout with Mono plus wasn't allergic to pain relievers... it made him older than he was.
Will Tukuafu is 30 years old but since I believe he entered the league, at 25/26, and really has only been a rotational part-time player for much of his short career probably is more around 28/29 years old in Football years. He's probably now just hitting his prime as a player and can play another two years at a high level.

And if I'm the Seahawks, I'm looking at keeping Lynch around for two more seasons, so if Tuk continues to do well and develops awesome chemistry with Lynch, it wouldn't be out of the question to keep him around for that same time frame.

And for me that's enough time Michael to take over as the #2 in 2015, co-#1 in 2016. And for the Seahawks to find or develop another FB...my choice would to pay Turbin decent backup RB money (2-2.5 per) and beef him up to 240 and let him be a hybrid FB/RB.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1gdb7tsx said:
CANHawk":1gdb7tsx said:

Understandable to not think a player is the proper fit, but both Coleman and Small were on the roster at the same time and the front office made their choice long term.

The only way they go after small now is if we were to cut Tukuafu, and Pete said that he has come a long way in a short time and really liked a lot of what he saw from him on Sunday, so I think you are not going to get your wish here.

Honestly, we just set a team record rushing and Tukuafu was a part of that. I see no reason to switch now.

Bring in some young bodies in the off season and see what happens, but right now, we are getting better in the run game and consistency and continuity are an important factor in continuing that trend.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with PH. Don't mess with a good thing. We just had one of our best running performances ever. Carroll said some positive things about Tukuafu's blocking at his presser. PFF gave him a positive run blocking grade. Maybe try to add Small to the PS in order to develop him as a future option at the position, but don't get rid of Tukuafu. And especially not after I just learned how to spell his name!

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Cartire":2znu9diw said:
ImTheScientist":2znu9diw said:
CANHawk":2znu9diw said:

Lynch does not seem comfortable with Coleman. Its been commented on and talked about plenty of times. None of us can read auras, but its been discussed here and within the local media.

Cartire

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2hmkjarj said:
Cartire":2hmkjarj said:
ImTheScientist":2hmkjarj said:
CANHawk":2hmkjarj said:

Lynch does not seem comfortable with Coleman. Its been commented on and talked about plenty of times. None of us can read auras, but its been discussed here and within the local media.

Its been pondered about. Its all BS. Watch this...

Lynch loves Coleman.

Now there, its been talked about. Guess its fact now.