NFC West week 11 predictions

ringless

Reaction score
Wow, what a crazy week injury wise for the NFC west... A continuing trend!
Palmer goes down with an ACL injury, Willis who's toe injury now has landed him on IR, then Mebane tearing his hammy....
All huge, huge hits. I feel as though SF will be least affected because Borland and Whilhoite have really stepped up and played well.

In any case. As things currently stand today.

Record Conference Division

AZ 8-1 6-0 2-0
Sea 6-3 4-2 0-1
SF 5-4 4-3 1-2
STL 3-6 3-5 2-2

Detroit at AZ
Sea at KC
SF at NYG
Den at STL

Detroit at Arizona. Detroit, hands down has the best Defense in the league. I mean wow, #1 in total defense only allowing 283.4 yds per game. #1 in points against, only allowing 15.8 ppg... Arizona's offense sputters and takes off, it's not one that is consistent throughout the game. I am one of the people that believe Stanton is a rather large drop off from Palmer. His first win he played poorly and got bailed out by the Special teams. He had another horrible performance in Denver and a good performance against SF. In his last game he had two drives, one TD and one three and out. A total of 5 plays. Not big enough sample size for me to say he is the next big thing. In any case, I think AZ loses this week as much as it pains me to say it. I dont think we are going to match up well with Detroit unless our Defense can play their best game of the season to date....

Seattle and KC... KC, another team with an absolute ferocious pass rush, and a fantastic home field advantage. With the #12 ranked Defense according to PFF, and the #11 ranked offense. That's a strong team... In no way am I trying to put Seattle down but I think they lose this,. They're performances on the road have been pretty mediocre this season, and Mebane is a payer that I feel is strongly needed in this game.

SF and NYG..... Well, I really dont have much to say here other than the Giants are a mess. A four game losing streak, and have already given up 247 points this year. Ouch, they just can't compete this the talent on the 49ers. The only way I see SF losing this game is if they actually give it away, and I think the team is too hungry for that.

STL and Denver, well... Peyton.....

I think SF is the only team that wins this week in the division. That's a scary thought. But it wouldn't be the end of the world to me.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
AZ has opened as a 2 point favorite
SEA as a 1.5 point favorite
SF as a 4.5 point favorite...

Chawks1

Reaction score
ringless":22yyyecp said:
Wow, what a crazy week injury wise for the NFC west... A continuing trend!
Palmer goes down with an ACL injury, Willis who's toe injury now has landed him on IR, then Mebane tearing his hammy....
All huge, huge hits. I feel as though SF will be least affected because Borland and Whilhoite have really stepped up and played well.

In any case. As things currently stand today.

Record Conference Division

AZ 8-1 6-0 2-0
Sea 6-3 4-2 0-1
SF 5-4 4-3 1-2
STL 3-6 3-5 2-2

Detroit at AZ
Sea at KC
SF at NYG
Den at STL

Detroit at Arizona. Detroit, hands down has the best Defense in the league. I mean wow, #1 in total defense only allowing 283.4 yds per game. #1 in points against, only allowing 15.8 ppg... Arizona's offense sputters and takes off, it's not one that is consistent throughout the game. I am one of the people that believe Stanton is a rather large drop off from Palmer. His first win he played poorly and got bailed out by the Special teams. He had another horrible performance in Denver and a good performance against SF. In his last game he had two drives, one TD and one three and out. A total of 5 plays. Not big enough sample size for me to say he is the next big thing. In any case, I think AZ loses this week as much as it pains me to say it. I dont think we are going to match up well with Detroit unless our Defense can play their best game of the season to date....

Seattle and KC... KC, another team with an absolute ferocious pass rush, and a fantastic home field advantage. With the #12 ranked Defense according to PFF, and the #11 ranked offense. That's a strong team... In no way am I trying to put Seattle down but I think they lose this,. They're performances on the road have been pretty mediocre this season, and Mebane is a payer that I feel is strongly needed in this game.

SF and NYG..... Well, I really dont have much to say here other than the Giants are a mess. A four game losing streak, and have already given up 247 points this year. Ouch, they just can't compete this the talent on the 49ers. The only way I see SF losing this game is if they actually give it away, and I think the team is too hungry for that.

STL and Denver, well... Peyton.....

I think SF is the only team that wins this week in the division. That's a scary thought. But it wouldn't be the end of the world to me.

Yeah, I could also see Detroit being, well... Detroit, Stafford has a way to do his best Jay Cutler impersonation just when you thnk he's got it dialed in.

Seattle needs a big dose of D and a healthy LOB to overcome that HFA of KC. RW has to fix his passing game. If we play disciplined we could pull a surprise here.

SF has its second consecutive trip back east so maybe jet lag will help them lay an egg??? Maybe NYG actually play 4 qtrs?

STL no chance vs. Denver.

davidonmi

Reaction score
DET @ ARI
SEA @ KC
SF @ NYG
all 3 could go either way, and probably will al be decided by less than a TD, maybe all by a FG or less
my gut says SF is the only one that comes away with a win.
STL has no shot

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm really torn on the Lions v. Cards game and the Hawks v. Chefs game. I will come back later in the week with a prediction on these 2 and edit this post as such.
Frisco hammers the Vagiants and though I rarely bet road favorites, I'd be all over the Whiners in this game laying 4 1/2 if I were in Vegas.
Lambs will be slightly respectable which means lose by less than 20.

EDIT: OK, Saturday morning and I'm going with these:

Hawks 20
Chefs 17

Cards 20
Lions 17

I just am still not fully buying the Lions, especially on grass (even if it is a really fast grass track). Stanton will make a mistake or 2 but Cards D is studly enough to weather the storm. Hope I'm wrong as a Lions win really helps Seattle, particularly if we win.

lucky49

Reaction score
rams seem to randomly play well vs good teams. think they beat the saints out of nowhere in 2011 or maybe the packers, then the colts last year too. watch them win this week.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend in Queensland today who use to be my roommate and is a member of this board as well. He's from Seattle, both live/d in the goldcoast. And realized the Cards will likely be on a two game winning streak. Could be in 2nd place the Sunday after this. Wow. Absolutely need KC to pull through.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
In regards to the expert picks, looks like everyone is taking SF... Expected.
Seahawks and Cardinals are both it would seem 50/50 on expert picks, which again. Those games seem extremely hard to really pick with all that is going on....

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rams are going to win for sure. No way they lose to Denver. :mrgreen:

Other than that, no idea. This week I am staying at a resort by the marina and I forgot who the rest of you in the NFC W are playing. :D

Raiders are in town! You can tell by the increase in bail bonds billboards and advertisements locally here in San Diego.

Largent80

Reaction score
It is hard for me to believe the Hawks are favored in that game.

Historically KC has been not so kind to us in that stadium.

NINEster

Reaction score
The 49ers are a lot more talented than NYG.

Only thing a Niner fan fears this weekend is the curse of that stupid big blue franchise -- they always play up to the 49ers, no matter what the situation. I can only count a 6 year span in the '90s when the Giants were literal crap going up against us, but otherwise since 1981 they've been annoying in a way that could only be justified if they were in the same division.

Plus Eli plays like a HOF QB against us. He's thrown a thousand INTs the last few years, but managed to throw only two against the 49ers over the last 3 games (2 in one game, 0 in the last two).

Just something to keep in mind if the 49ers only win by 3 points.

And why I have no sympathy for that team if we do get to crush them. Long overdue. :evil:

RedAlice

Reaction score
RedAlice":208cjunp said:
Rams are going to win for sure. No way they lose to Denver. :mrgreen:

Other than that, no idea. This week I am staying at a resort by the marina and I forgot who the rest of you in the NFC W are playing. :D

Raiders are in town! You can tell by the increase in bail bonds billboards and advertisements locally here in San Diego.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

Now that: was FUN.

SF49r

Reaction score
I really hate the broncos and there fans so im happy as hell the rams won. Congrats redalice enjoy the win :th2thumbs:

(Wont be happy if that rams win somehow bites us in the ass later in the season lol)

lucky49

Reaction score
lucky49":1wtaetaa said:
rams seem to randomly play well vs good teams. think they beat the saints out of nowhere in 2011 or maybe the packers, then the colts last year too. watch them win this week.

totally called it

RedAlice

Reaction score
lucky49":tp82vlfz said:
lucky49":tp82vlfz said:

totally called it

You did. But, this feels different. Rams D is starting to get it, even if the team is still bi-polar and has no QB to anchor them.

You are making me compare this to that Saints win. Well first, I pretty much woke up still hammered and drunk from the halloween party the night before (I was an evil version of Red Riding Hood - the version who kills the wolf and looks hot doing it). Barely woke up in time for the game. There was this cute young boy who seemed to be with me, so he came too.

That game was awesome. Bradford was out (of course!!!! no Rams game is good if he is in) and our backup just killed it and we won. It was one of only two games we won that year, the other being a game we won on a FG v Browns and we did not deserve that win.

Today, is not that year. Today is a Rams team learning how to play, and well.....this team is going to be good. I might be in total love with Ogletree at this minute.