NaVorro Bowman out for year?

ringless

Reaction score
Saw this on twitter!

There’s a “real possibility” 49ers LB NaVorro Bowman will not play this season due to torn ACL and MCL he suffered last season, per source.

They do however have the 12th easiest remaining schedule in the league, while Seattle and AZ have the #1, and #2 most difficult.

pehawk

Reaction score
It's not that big of a loss. He's equivalent to Heath Farwell, really.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Mentioned this already in the Willis thread.

I personally think he won't be back this year. Niners are probably as healthy as they are going to ever be this year right now.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Marvin49":3vygpe0f said:

I personally think he won't be back this year. Niners are probably as healthy as they are going to ever be this year right now.
That does suck though, I hope he can come back to 100%. Watching those LB's destroy Rodgers is always fun.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Even though I despise the 49ers, I still enjoy watching great players, and even more so on Defense, and I can respect that. Hopefully this gives him the time he needs to recover

Marvin49

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3kfkjfyd said:
Marvin49":3kfkjfyd said:

That does suck though, I hope he can come back to 100%. Watching those LB's destroy Rodgers is always fun.

Yeah...it is what it is tho.

If the Niners are going to make noise in the postseason this year, it'll be on the strength of a number of younger players...

Borland, Lynch, Martin, Hyde and Ward to name a few. I'd much rather they let the young guys play than bring a vet back too early. Hopefully Aldon will provide a spark.

byau

Reaction score
Marvin49":37a0vxd2 said:
RolandDeschain":37a0vxd2 said:
Marvin49":37a0vxd2 said:
Hopefully Aldon will provide a spark.
He'll provide a spark, alright. :pimp:

LOL. :D

hahaha... good one

Re: Bowman: it does suck. I like cheering against the 49ers, you still got to feel bad for injured players and the fanbase that has to go through that.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sucks for the Niners, he is a terrific player, got hurt on a freak injury.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Not surprised by this news as the injury was just brutal and recovery is often long for this kind of trauma.. Even if he comes back I expect his play will be well below its typical All-Pro standard. Feel bad for Bowman. By all accounts a good guy and obviously a helluva player when fully healthy. Whiner or not, I sincerely hope he is fully recovered by next season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hope he can get healthy for next year. It sucks how he got hurt and that he may have to miss the whole year because of it. I don't ever wish that on anybody.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":2q5xqf4i said:
Mike 4G":2q5xqf4i said:
Marvin49":2q5xqf4i said:

If the Niners are going to make noise in the postseason this year, it'll be on the strength of a number of younger players...

Borland, Lynch, Martin, Hyde and Ward to name a few. I'd much rather they let the young guys play than bring a vet back too early. Hopefully Aldon will provide a spark.

I spoke too soon.

Jimmie Ward put on IR today, so he's out for the year as well. With Brock out, looks like we'll be seeing a lot of yet ANOTHER rookie, Donte Johnson.

Jeez. Just one of those years I guess.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Marvin49":1xptkile said:
Mike 4G":1xptkile said:

I spoke too soon.

Jimmie Ward put on IR today, so he's out for the year as well. With Brock out, looks like we'll be seeing a lot of yet ANOTHER rookie, Donte Johnson.

Jeez. Just one of those years I guess.
Yikes! It has been a freaky year all around for injuries in the NFL. I still say the luckiest team in that regard wins it all. Who that is? Heck if I know.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1r0fqkp4 said:
Yikes! It has been a freaky year all around for injuries in the NFL. I still say the luckiest team in that regard wins it all. Who that is? Heck if I know.

Broncos and Pack sure both are staying quite healthy. I don't think the quality of opponents for the Pack are as strong, but they are staying healthy nonetheless.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Mike 4G":2yuq5q9a said:
Uncle Si":2yuq5q9a said:
pehawk":2yuq5q9a said:
It's not that big of a loss. He's equivalent to Heath Farwell, really.

heath ledger really
Batman or Brokeback Ledger?
The Batman Ledger was pretty god damn good--the only thing worth watching in that dull, poinless movie.