SF #1 Pick Jimmie Ward placed on IR

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Not really a huge loss at this point performance wise but looking forward it might not be great. Two surgeries on the same foot this year. Could be a wasted pick. Hope the best for him though

hawknation2014

Reaction score
To my eyes, Ward was playing like dog crapola this year. Too small, not instinctive, bad tackler. Struggled against both the run and in coverage. Not having to play this struggling First Rounder could actually help them.

PFF rated him at -6.4 (terrible) with a -3.1 in pass coverage grade on 199 passing snaps.

Looks like a poor attempt by the 49ers to find their own version of Earl Thomas.

Chawks1

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2ose4o3i said:
To my eyes, Ward was playing like dog crapola this year. To small, not instinctive, bad tackler. Struggled against both the run and in coverage. Not having to play this struggling First Rounder could actually help them.

PFF rated him at -6.4 (terrible) with a -3.1 in pass coverage grade on 199 passing snaps.

Looks like a poor attempt by the 49ers to find their own version of Earl Thomas.

Yeah, he was ranked as one of the top SS coming out of college and Sc tried to convert him to a CB ......PFF has him ranked 91st out of 108 CB.....

Marvin49

Reaction score
Chawks1":3bnmigdg said:
hawknation2014":3bnmigdg said:
To my eyes, Ward was playing like dog crapola this year. To small, not instinctive, bad tackler. Struggled against both the run and in coverage. Not having to play this struggling First Rounder could actually help them.

Yeah, he was ranked as one of the top SS coming out of college and Sc tried to convert him to a CB ......PFF has him ranked 91st out of 108 CB.....

Probably safety of the future. Eventually replace Bethea.

Hasn't been nearly as bad as peeps here are letting on. Got beat bad by Brandon Marshall in week 2...

...but has still been the nickel back on one of the best pass defenses (by yards) without the benefit if a pass rush.

IE, not exactly writing him off. Lol.

lucky49

Reaction score
not a huge loss bc he's not a great player but its a kinda big loss because we're pretty thin at cb already

Latest posts