NFC west week 12

ringless

Reaction score
AZ 9-1 at Sea 6-4
Was 3-7 at SF 6-4
STL 4-6 at SD 6-4

I posted this in another thread.
I think Seattle will win this game, I just dont see Stanton having what it takes to lead this team to a win in Seattle. I think he will have a three turnover game. Stanton will be the reason we lose.

Something people haven't really talked about is the Cardinals defense has only given up more than 20 points in one game of the 10 played... Thats pretty significant. . This defense is only giving up one more ppg than last years Seahawks in a record setting year of points scored. On another note, Arians has done some of the best half time adjustments for two years running that I have ever seen. Of their 9 wins, 7 have been by 10+ points.

People like to point at the passing defense and say its an average defense (not seahawks fans) but then neglect the fact that its the third best rush defense. 3 in ppg against.... The defense is also number 1 in QBR in the 4th quarter. #1 in takeways in the 4th. #3 in points against in the 4th, and third in efficency in the fourth as well.

It's suppose to be 46 and rainy in Seattle and I just have to think that leads to a ground game, which we don't really have. I dont trust Stanton's inaccuracy to get any better in the rain either. I think this, and the crowd is of course a huge advantage in Seattles favor. The LOB will be flying around this game and I think they set the tone early.

In any case, I think Seattle wins this game by a TD... 20-13.... Seattle is a great team at home, and they still have elite players, and Russell is the kind of player that can carry his team on his back. .. This is a team that is going to get a win when it needs it most. Especially knowing they have to play SF 4 days later, and that this loss could pretty much end their playoff hopes. Hopefully the Cardinals find a way to go for the throat but I doubt it

Washington at SF. SF has been the least impressive team to me in the division this year. This is a game that I think will be close as well. Even though SF is the superior team. They just haven't played well all season. They really have a horrible offense. Its offensive. 20th in scoring this season. Whether they play good teams or bad they just seem to have to come down to the wire. Of course I think they still win, but only because they are playing a bad Redskins team. The 49ers just dont sound like a team. You have Gore, and Crabtree, complaining about their touches. Brooks benching himself because he's not the full time starter. Who knows, this is a game they could lose too.

Largent80

Reaction score
First of all, the LOB is not the LOB this year, and people here have come up with a gazzilion reasons why. The fact is, they are not intimidating anyone, and our LB play with Wagner out has been dreadful.

We run the ball well, but you guys are good at slowing it down.

I do like the way we hung with KC in a tough place to play.

I dunno, seems like a toss up game to me.

Wash. beat Dallas, who was red hot until that game, so who knows what happens there. It seems like
Dungaree Dump™ isn't much of a HFA.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RE: Niners...

....outside of Denver, Niners are pretty much a "play to the level of your competition" team this year. Frustrating as hell.

They have the horses...they can just never seem to put 4 quarters together. It's always SOMETHING. One week its Kap having a rough day. Another its penalties. Another it's lack of pass protection.

Its like playing whack-a-mole. They sure something up and they spring another leak. Put another way...quite often this year they simple do stuff that bad teams do. Keep hoping one of these weeks they put it all together...but we'll just have to see.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I think AZ vs. Seattle is just who wants it more....Seattle is Division champ, AZ is taking it away. AZ beat us at home last year and has something to prove again.....but i think the team will want revenge. But we are not playing our best football right now. Toss up at best.

SC vs. Washington no-names....this should be an easy win for SC. WA is in shambles, RG3 is a bust and the coach is being forced to play him.

I'd love to see STL beat SD and based on the last 3 weeks I think they will.

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
I knew nothing about Stanton until I watched the game this past week. I was expecting to see a game manager, but saw a risk taker. He has fire in his belly and some moxy. He also has some annoying traits like whining. He was upset over a no-call because a Detroit defender gut mugged him and Stanton ended up with belly button lint in his mouth and his chin strap on his nose. He was waiving his arms in the air and crying to the refs. When that didn't work he cried to his coach. He reminded me of Phillip Rivers throwing a tantrum. Then on the victory formation first kneel. The Detroit player flies in and Stanton said something to him. It was hard to read his lips and I don't know what he said, but it upset the Detroit player and Stanton had a cocky smirk on his face.

Watching these Cards and their imposing tweety bird antics makes me long for the hate/rivalry of the Niners. I want to knock the living crap out of our little bird brothers. Hopefully we right the ship Sunday and set up one epic Turkey Day win to really put the pieces in place for a good final month of regular season. I hope the Niners win too (except our matches of course), i want them to do just well enough to fend off tweety and give them reason to keep Harbaugh.

Largent80

Reaction score
Chawks1":fvv86sd1 said:
SC vs. Washington no-names....this should be an easy win for SC. WA is in shambles, RG3 is a bust and the coach is being forced to play him.

The same Washington team went into Dallas and BEAT them, yeah, the same Dallas team that beat the Hawks, if there is one thing that needs to be gleaned from this years NFL, it is that ANY team can Beat ANY team at ANY time.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
I think if Stanton gets rattled early the environment at the Clink will eat the Cards alive. If he can handle it the Hawks may be in trouble.

49ers need to treat this game as if it's for all the marbles. If RG3 is the QB not worried, but if they put in McCoy it could be a tough game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1qonvj0w said:
I think if Stanton gets rattled early the environment at the Clink will eat the Cards alive. If he can handle it the Hawks may be in trouble.

49ers need to treat this game as if it's for all the marbles. If RG3 is the QB not worried, but if they put in McCoy it could be a tough game.

That last sentence is something I never expected to hear. Lol.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Ari @ Sea - At home, Sea wins all day. The D will step it up and Stanton will be overwhelmed by the noise level. Wilson and the offense feed off the home crowd and put more points up on the board.

Was @ SF - Too much drama surrounding Was. RGIII seems to be creating a rift between him and his teammates. If he starts Sunday, SF no doubt. If McCoy gets the start I could see his teammates rallying around him and putting up a fight. Niners should still be the favorite though.

Stl @ SD - I still have trouble believing in the Rams. I think a lot of people are putting them in the better than we realize category. I still see them as a trap game for a lot of guys who take them for granted. Fischer is an awesome coach and out coaches a lot of guys, but they don't have the skill with all the injuries to keep pulling off upsets.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Marvin49":1tccpt5e said:
lvnginhwktwn":1tccpt5e said:

That last sentence is something I never expected to hear. Lol.

McCoy did a good job against Dallas. I think he's way better than RG3

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Update:

Cardinals announced today that 2nd Round pick and starting TE Troy Niklas had reinjured his ankle against the LIons and has been put on season ending IR...... He was our best blocking TE, while Carlson was our catching TE.. Housler is, well kind of a dud at this point. Wont be on the roster next year.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
ringless":2o35v05n said:
Update:

Cardinals announced today that 2nd Round pick and starting TE Troy Niklas had reinjured his ankle against the LIons and has been put on season ending IR...... He was our best blocking TE, while Carlson was our catching TE.. Housler is, well kind of a dud at this point. Wont be on the roster next year.

Injury bug has hit NFCW hard.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":28ywdlos said:
Update:

Rough.

By the time the playoffs roll around, the NFC West might not have anyone left who can walk to compete in January. Seems like every week a couple of the teams are putting somebody on IR.

In just the last week the Niners put Patrick Willis, Jimmie Ward, and Ian Williams on IR. Now we'll see if Bowman can come back most my guess he ends up on IR as well.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Ed Stinson and Larry Fitzgerald did not participate in practice today. I doubt Larry plays this week, and Ed Stinson certainly wont. It was said he still has a pretty big limp going on and that's a big hit to our defense. I'd have to say things are looking even better for Seattle than they were two days ago.

Largent80

Reaction score
Once again, I'm not feeling sorry for anyone else in our division. we just resigned a guy that was on IR/designated to play center. The good news is he played it last year when we lost our center.

Also poached a practice squad player from Atl. to play DL.

Previously poached Tukuafu from SF. (that has been a steal)..Thanks .......Again..... :lol:

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
ARZ Wins- Beat us last year at home and we are not as good this year.

SF Wins- Washington is one of the few teams that have more dysfunction than SF

STL Wins - Poise under pressure was a huge weakness for Austin Davis, not the case for Hill. Rams lose with Davis last week, they win this week with Hill. Defense picks up where it left off with. Not to mention Rivers has tender ribs.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rams @ Chargers. Hey! It's nice not to see "STL has no chance" in all the comments this week. :179417:

That was the Rams' Defense we fans have seen percolating since the off season - yet, it took until week 11 to see it functioning as a whole unit together. One week does not a season make. So I feel elated for what I experienced watching that game, but I also am well aware of what I have watched all season and the inconsistancy and losses.

Now it's proven what Rams can do, no idea if they will show up and do it. Hope they do! And, I believe they can - it was kinda a paradigm shift watching them last week.

Chargers are not so dissimilar to Denver, and are far diff than the NFC W. So, it's good that Rams have them back to back, as I expect the game planning is more similar than the division games. If they can be consistent and execute the same way as last week - then they will get their first 2 wins in a row this season. If not, then, well - it will be a familiar Rams game.

Living in San Diego, I also have a soft spot for the Chargers. With Rivers being on the injured list for the first time since 2007 due to his bruised ribs and torn cartilage (painful) - I am concerned that if he plays hurt, the Rams might hurt him worse. That D is playing brual right now. Hope that doesn't happen.

Too hard for me to predict - if Rams D plays good, Rams win in a low scoring game. If not, Chargers win by 2 TDs.

I will be there! Big tailgate planned with both Rams and Charger fans. Very Excited. :thirishdrinkers:

------

SF @ Wash. Everyone wants to discuss RG3 it seems. Dude is quite simply a diva who is not delivering enough on the field. He cannot be who he was when he started, and he cannot be anything else now either. He has no identity. Who will take him if Wash cuts him? This was a dinner topic tonight and no one came up w a team - Houston was the closest.

I think if McCoy goes in, Wash can win this. If not, the team just seems too disconnected to beat a re-surging Niner team. The Niner fans have already elaborated on what they are next week, so I don't need to add on.

SF wins by 2 TDs.

------

Az @ Hawks. This game I have no clue.

I could add on a lot of things that have mostly already been said by Ringless or you Hawk fans, a lot of which are correct. Both teams are banged up, Hawks must have this win, Az is playing well (though w/o a QB and now a TE, etc.) - I think this game is a battle.

I can't even pick who I want to win. I will be checking the score during the Rams' game. Don't hurt any of each others players!!!

Pak40.

Reaction score
Why does everyone think Colt McCoy is the second coming? If RG3 goes down or is benched and Mccoy comes in the skins still lose.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Pak40.":15ppqj86 said:
Why does everyone think Colt McCoy is the second coming? If RG3 goes down or is benched and Mccoy comes in the skins still lose.

Seriously. The only thing surprising in this thread IMO is advocating for the ability of Colt McCoy.

This week I'd go:

STL > SD (STL ascending and SD declining, plus I don't trust SD that Rivers isn't banged up)

SEA>ARI (I guess I'm late to the party in kind of believing in ARI, but I simply don't believe in Stanton, and home-field should decide this one).

SF>Washington (Thought the 9ers would lose in NO and was on the fence about their chances traveling again to NJ, but they're back at home and Washington just isn't a good football team. RGIII will have to play like it's his rookie year for them to have a chance, and I just don't see that happening).

FWIW though I think all three of these games will be close, despite the biggest talent gap being between SF and Washington (10 games in and the 9ers stil haven't put four quarters together, and they have a really nasty, season-jeopardizing habit of playin down to their competition).