The Playoff Machine

A

Anonymous

It's that time again, and the ESPN Playoff Machine is up and running for week-12.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

A fun toy.

Enjoy!

:mrgreen:

Note:
If you want to save your predictions for future reference, simply build it, then click the link below the NFC bracket boxes that says "copy URL", (right to the left of the Facebook share link). Paste it into a post like Seatown Jay and I both did below. The system will automatically shorten it for you when you submit.
HH

ringless

Reaction score
No matter how I look at it, for the wild card teams its going to take 11 wins to get in I feel. I have the Cardinals going 3-3. The Seahawks get 10 wins and miss out.

The NFC south I have a 7-9 team going.
That's just not fair. No matter what a team is going to feel what the Cardinals felt last year. A team that deserves to get in and a worst one takes their place.... Which is why you have to beat your division I guess

kidhawk

Reaction score
If you simply set the criteria to Offensive ranking, Seattle wins the division at 11-5 getting the 3rd seed, with the Cardinals losing the tiebreaker at 11-5 with the 5th seed

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Yuck! 49ers take the division with Cardinals taking the wildcard. I had us losing away to both of them and finishing 10-6.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

kidhawk":39cslbex said:
If you simply set the criteria to Offensive ranking, Seattle wins the division at 11-5 getting the 3rd seed, with the Cardinals losing the tiebreaker at 11-5 with the 5th seed

mizzouhawkgal":39cslbex said:
Defensive rank gives Seattle the 3 seed, San Francisco the 6 seed and Arizona the 5 seed.

That's awesome.

sutz

Reaction score
ringless":2679pxc2 said:
No matter how I look at it, for the wild card teams its going to take 11 wins to get in I feel. I have the Cardinals going 3-3. The Seahawks get 10 wins and miss out.

That's just not fair. No matter what a team is going to feel what the Cardinals felt last year. A team that deserves to get in and a worst one takes their place.... Which is why you have to beat your division I guess
Meh, the Seahawks missed one year with a 12-4 record. Go cry somewhere else. We've been there, done that, burned the tee shirt.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
sutz":1i5m6ike said:
ringless":1i5m6ike said:

Meh, the Seahawks missed one year with a 12-4 record. Go cry somewhere else. We've been there, done that, burned the tee shirt.
And won the division with a 7-9 record.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I had us going 5-1 and 4-2 over the next 6 and making the playoffs. Little faith in the Eagles, Lions and Cardinals. I also see the Rams as having a say in all of this.

lucky49

Reaction score
got out of this that it should be a close race down to wk 17 between sf, sea, and either dal or phi for will card. thank god niners have tiebreakers over nfc east

RedAlice

Reaction score
This "Magic Number" chart is pretty cool too. The magic number is the number of games a team has to consecutively win to control their own destiny to a specific seed.

Hawks - 6 to #6
Niners - 6 to #6
Cards- 4 to #1. 3 to #6.

Rams do not control their destiny. Even if they win out others still have to lose.

This is the NFC link, click on the left to see AFC or some other percentages charts.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=101331

ringless

Reaction score
sutz":aymglip9 said:
ringless":aymglip9 said:

Well I wish that was true but no 12-4 team in history has missed the playoffs... I wasn't crying, you guys also got in at 7-9 to make up for whatever season you are making up stats for anyways. I was just saying it happens. We got in with a bad record once to. 9-7

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ringless":22y8qpm6 said:
That's just not fair.

I seem to remember a certain local team winning a playoff game a couple years ago with the same record.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fla50rr said:
ringless":1fla50rr said:
That's just not fair.

I seem to remember a certain local team winning a playoff game a couple years ago with the same record.
I also remember fans such as yourself saying we should lose it to get a better draft pick.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1lju9hgr said:
Sgt. Largent":1lju9hgr said:
ringless":1lju9hgr said:
That's just not fair.

I also remember fans such as yourself saying we should lose it to get a better draft pick.

I wasn't even a member here then, so you have me confused with another ruggedly handsome yet sensitive forum member.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Sgt. Largent":1qnk29yr said:
RunTheBall":1qnk29yr said:
Sgt. Largent":1qnk29yr said:
ringless":1qnk29yr said:
That's just not fair.

I wasn't even a member here then, so you have me confused with another ruggedly handsome yet sensitive forum member.

I can vouch for the sensitive part.

Both the Sarge and Peaches' scarf watched The Notebook together; they cried like babies.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3nneeerz said:
Sgt. Largent":3nneeerz said:
ringless":3nneeerz said:
That's just not fair.

Wow this guy is truly a useless poster.

BTW, the best record the Hawks ever had while missing the playoffs was 10-6 in '86.